Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
True Pheromones? Duplicity and Disgust
Gslinger
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

True Pheromones? Duplicity and Disgust
02-05-2012 7:17 PM

Hi members, I would like to write a post about True Pheromones and why I am posting this here instead of reviews? Its because I want this to reach a wider audience.

I'll be honest. They have good products. True Love is a GREAT product, and their Androstadienone , is pretty good for its price. But unfortunately I have experienced one too many dishonest moves from this company

I've been informed that I've won a product from them due to post of the month (thanks mark, I really appreciate it), but I won't be accepting it.

I don't want to burn bridges and to quote a buddy "You don't wanna be messing with the people who mix your mones" But seriously, screw this shit.

If you cannot be bothered to read the entire post this is the summary

(i) If you order from them, be prepared for them "suddenly levying an extra charge"
(ii) If you order from them, be prepared for them to switch out items
(iii) If you order from them, be prepared to have missing items

Please do not be taken in by their so called "50%" sales. You think you're going to get a good offer? You'll pay for it in the end. You think they'll really let you have such a good offer? Do you really think they'll take a hit to their bottom line?

1) I ordered a huge load of mones last year December. I went on a shopping spree, buying everything from Androstadienone to nols to TL. Well I got slapped with a $70USD shipping charge claiming they wanted to protect themselves from FRAUD. Nikki claimed that she could try to help me with the issue after I posted on the forums but soon after saying that, she disappeared on me. Zilch no nothing. Demetra told me things were non-negotiable and so I paid up the $70 to get my items

2) My box of stuff came in fast, really fast, within a week after I paid the $70 which I thought was actually pretty decent after reading about all the horror stories of delayed shipping. When I received the box, I thought all was well. I took out one of the TL, it had a red dot on top, sprayed it, found that it was unscented and went on to use it. I didn't bother to check anything. This I admit was my fault. I was stupid and foolish enough to believe in this company. Apparently things went really wrong with my order. Several items were wrong and missing

3) I was going through my email, saw the email on the 50% valentine's day offer and decided that I wanted to pick up some more stuff, stockpile a little more TL, probably pick up some Trione and see what else I can pick up on a bargain. I was prepared to make a smaller order this time round since Deja Vu's 50% order got in last year and he wasn't charged the $70USD shipping fee. I decided to go through my box to look at what I had on hand. Well it turns out, one bottle each of True Jerk, True Openness were missing. I ordered 2 true openness and the only one they sent me was a "women's" bottle.

4) To compound the problems, instead of receiving 2 true instinct body sprays which I ordered, I was given 2 true instinct oils instead.

5) I decided to check all my TL which I'll admit, is my most precious. All my TL's were unscented despite having either a red dot or no red dot on top. My 2 axe scented TLs were not there. This wasn't really a bad thing as I've come to prefer the unscented since it mixes much better with my AM. On further smelling and testing, turns out, the different bottles had seemingly different consistencies, some smelt significantly less of mones than other bottles.

I can provide a screenshot of my order as well as photos of the two bottles of true instinct oils and true openness for women.

And for those of you with bottles of unscented TL (I'm sure there's a few of you) Could you please do me a favor and smell your various bottles of TL and tell me if there's varying consistencies of "strength" there's a distinct pungent Androstadienone -ish smell to the TL so you'll be able to tell quite easily.

Things have cropped up, I've experienced issues with shipping and products from other companies before, mistakes, inconsistent quality but none ever like this before.

Seriously True Pheromones? SERIOUSLY? I'm not ordering anything from your Valentine's sale. You're not going to make a schmuck out of me any further.

I am utterly disappointed and disgusted
02-05-2012 7:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Curiosity
why pretend when you have science

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

RE: True Pheromones? Duplicity and Disgust
02-05-2012 7:23 PM

You're the only person I've heard of who has had a problem. I got my order within two weeks, it was accurate and others got theirs in pretty quick as well. My only complaint is their singles aren't included in their sales anymore. You must live in a really isolated area from what it sounds like. I also remember your post a few months back about the extra charge. And it is not nessecary to spam the forum either. We all are pretty good at seeing the new posts as is.

My Pheromone Arsenal:

Liquid Alchemy Labs: Asian, Aqua Vitae, Hypnotica Social, Nude, Overdose, Possess, Wolf

True Pheromones: TI, XXX, True Essence, A-1, Androstatrione
(This post was last modified: 02-05-2012 7:27 PM by Curiosity.)
02-05-2012 7:23 PM
Gslinger
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

02-05-2012 7:27 PM

I live in a first world Asian country. I can't prove everything I've said but I can prove some.

(02-05-2012 7:23 PM)Curiosity Wrote:  You're the only person I've heard of who has had a problem. I got my order within two weeks, it was accurate and others got theirs in pretty quick as well. My only complaint is their singles aren't included in their sales anymore. You must live in a really isolated area from what it sounds like. I also remember your post a few months back about the extra charge.
02-05-2012 7:27 PM
paradigmshift
Reading is fundamental

Sex: Male

Rep Post

02-05-2012 10:11 PM

(02-05-2012 7:23 PM)Curiosity Wrote:  You're the only person I've heard of who has had a problem. I got my order within two weeks, it was accurate and others got theirs in pretty quick as well. My only complaint is their singles aren't included in their sales anymore. You must live in a really isolated area from what it sounds like. I also remember your post a few months back about the extra charge. And it is not nessecary to spam the forum either. We all are pretty good at seeing the new posts as is.

Hes not the only one whos had orders messed up.

Ive posted that when i order from them i expect them to mess up my order.

My experience with their customer service has been great.

That experience is why its alarming to hear gslinger has negative experiences with them.

Perhaps their decline in customer service is a result of their agressive marketing. Mor customers than they were prepared to handle.
02-05-2012 10:11 PM

Jrock
PheroJunkie

Rep Post

02-06-2012 12:32 AM

I have only had one small problem occur with all my orders with True that was quickly rectified after I contacted their online customer service. One of my bottles of TI oil came leaking and was maybe 1/2 to 3/4 full. I went on the online chat and told them about the bottles leaking and was told they would ship out a new bottle to me immediately before i could even ask for a partial refund or replacement. Any time you order something online you should always check to make sure you received all the products you ordered and that they are in acceptable condition. That is why every company includes a packing list or invoice in each package they ship out. Maybe you were suppose to receive another package with the rest of your order which got lost or seized by customs? Or perhaps they may have forgotten some of your items. But I don't understand how you can slander a company for your own foolishness for not checking to make sure you receive all your items. Yes they should not have made this mistake in the first place, but I'm sure if you did check the package right away and contacted them about your missing items they would have sent you replacements free of charge. As for the issue with the 2 bottles of TI oil instead of TI body spray... yea it sucks that you didn't get what you ordered but those bottles of oil will last a lot longer then those body sprays will so you probably made out on the good side there. And the True Opener is just a blend of nols so I don't think there should be a difference between the "men" and women" version. Finally, my only bottle of TL (unscented) is pretty stinky so I can't really attest to the claims of varying consistencies of TL.

Moving onto the $70 shipping charge... yea it sucks that you got hit with that and they should have been up front about the charge when you placed the order. I work for a major shipping company here in the US and trust me it is very expensive to ship international with all the customs and broker fees especially to countries with high fraud rates that require extra security screenings. Perhaps you ordered over a certain value amount that caused extra customs or brokerage fees. There are ways around this such as declaring the shipment as a gift with no value for customs but this could possibly put True at risk for lying and fraud. If you did not agree with the $70 charge you should have just cancelled your order and asked for a refund and then we might have never even seen this thread.

Sorry if this reply makes me sound like a dick to you and I don't want to start a flame war but I think everyone would like to hear both sides of the story. Yes my black friday order took a little longer then expected to come in but that was during the busiest time of the year for most companies so I gave them the extra time. And when my order finally came in, I made sure to check everything was there. And yes it was all there including a freeby. With the 50% off and the freeby I received it was worth it to wait that extra week or two to finally get my order. Also the company is supporting this forum and sponsoring a contest and just because you have a grudge with them you don't want to accept your prize? I don't understand that but hey that's your choice I guess.
02-06-2012 12:32 AM
idontknow

Rep Post

02-06-2012 3:31 AM

I did order four times from True.
First time there was no discount, everything arrived like it should have.
For my second order there also was no discount and they forgot to add my 5$ body spray option and one togo was leaking.
Third order was with BlackFriday discount. They included the body spray which they forgot earlier, but forgot to add a candle. The candle probably wouldn't have fit in anyways. Also out of my ~7 togos every single one leaked. In total the togos were a bit less than half-full.
Fourth order is in transit, Valentine's sale.

They seem to make many mistakes putting the right items into their packages. And their togos are the worst i've ever seen. Still the products are very cheap and the customer support is very helpful.

As for your 70$ shipping charge, i guess they really have to pay that much extra for your shipping. Probably because it was a large order, which required some extra fees on their part, which they may not even have known about. Sucks, but you could have cancelled your order.

As of yet, i've opened two bottles of TL. One scented, one unscented and they both seem to have the same effectiveness.

Journal --- My Phero Sale --- Mix Recommendations
02-06-2012 3:31 AM
Gslinger
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

02-06-2012 3:53 AM

Jrock, sadly, I do agree with what you said. I should have checked my parcel immediately, however the problem would still persist regardless of whether I checked my parcel or not.

As for "the other side of the story" you can go read my post where I was talking about the $70 shipping charge. I think you can find some contents in there.

I don't need and I'm not asking TP for any replacements. I don't think they'll even bother or care. With the kind of response I got. Look at my post concerning the $70 charge. Do you see Nikk trying to contact me any further even though I was trying to reach her? I had to sort things out with Demetra. From what I see, all they're interested in is grabbing market share with low prices, getting their name out by sponsoring this and that. Its good that through what they're doing, this forum garners additional support, and their aggressive selling tactics keeps the other companies on their toes but that's all it seems to me. A company that's trying to be known for and gaining market share through low prices but just that. And people will buy that, they just have to be prepared for screw ups, but what the heck, things are cheap. Even I'd buy, and I did

Some points to note where my opinion differs
1) Upfront about $70 means informing customers that certain areas require an additional charge. Not after them buying. And $70 is almost equivalent to 6 bottles of Pheromones from TP during a 50% sale. It doesn't sound very cheap then since I'm topping up that amount.

2) Why do I hear that others in my country are getting their shipments for free and I don't? Its pretty damn darn ridiculous.

3) I wouldn't mind waiting for my order if shipping was free as stated. My first order from TP took over a month to get to me (if I don't recall wrongly I don't think I complained here but I did complain quite a bit to my phero buddies), but that was kinda alright still because I sort of expected it already, but hey, it was free shipping.

4) If I paid an additional premium, I would appreciate if there weren't any screw ups with my order.

5) There's a reason why I ordered spray. 80% of the time, I like my mones to hit hard and fast. Also, I live in an incredibly warm (although oil would be ideal for this) and humid country where humidity levels average 90% and above (spray's the way to go), and where mones are concerned, at least to me, well you just don't want to always keep on applying them on your skin

6) I've ordered from Alpha Dream, Love Scent, Androtics. I've experienced hiccups and issues with some of these companies, and as far as I'm concerned, they've been absolutely professional and above board with things.

7) There is no grudge. I'm a very very disgruntled and disatisfied customer. And this is a review, a very very disgruntled review.

And to be clear Jrock, this is my personal and bad experience with TP. Let it be here to serve as a caution to those who come here seeking knowledge and enlightenment in the world of Pheromones.

And J, no hard feelings, and rest assured no flame towards you. I totally understand where you're coming from. And I still stand by the fact that TP does produce spectacular products although quality has varied for me.

I call it like it is, I don't expect everyone to agree with me

I leave off with this saying which has been repeated quite a few times in this forum

You want something fast and good? It won't be cheap
You want something cheap and good? It won't be fast
You want something cheap and fast? It won't be good

(02-06-2012 12:32 AM)Jrock Wrote:  I have only had one small problem occur with all my orders with True that was quickly rectified after I contacted their online customer service. One of my bottles of TI oil came leaking and was maybe 1/2 to 3/4 full. I went on the online chat and told them about the bottles leaking and was told they would ship out a new bottle to me immediately before i could even ask for a partial refund or replacement. Any time you order something online you should always check to make sure you received all the products you ordered and that they are in acceptable condition. That is why every company includes a packing list or invoice in each package they ship out. Maybe you were suppose to receive another package with the rest of your order which got lost or seized by customs? Or perhaps they may have forgotten some of your items. But I don't understand how you can slander a company for your own foolishness for not checking to make sure you receive all your items. Yes they should not have made this mistake in the first place, but I'm sure if you did check the package right away and contacted them about your missing items they would have sent you replacements free of charge. As for the issue with the 2 bottles of TI oil instead of TI body spray... yea it sucks that you didn't get what you ordered but those bottles of oil will last a lot longer then those body sprays will so you probably made out on the good side there. And the True Opener is just a blend of nols so I don't think there should be a difference between the "men" and women" version. Finally, my only bottle of TL (unscented) is pretty stinky so I can't really attest to the claims of varying consistencies of TL.

Moving onto the $70 shipping charge... yea it sucks that you got hit with that and they should have been up front about the charge when you placed the order. I work for a major shipping company here in the US and trust me it is very expensive to ship international with all the customs and broker fees especially to countries with high fraud rates that require extra security screenings. Perhaps you ordered over a certain value amount that caused extra customs or brokerage fees. There are ways around this such as declaring the shipment as a gift with no value for customs but this could possibly put True at risk for lying and fraud. If you did not agree with the $70 charge you should have just cancelled your order and asked for a refund and then we might have never even seen this thread.

Sorry if this reply makes me sound like a dick to you and I don't want to start a flame war but I think everyone would like to hear both sides of the story. Yes my black friday order took a little longer then expected to come in but that was during the busiest time of the year for most companies so I gave them the extra time. And when my order finally came in, I made sure to check everything was there. And yes it was all there including a freeby. With the 50% off and the freeby I received it was worth it to wait that extra week or two to finally get my order. Also the company is supporting this forum and sponsoring a contest and just because you have a grudge with them you don't want to accept your prize? I don't understand that but hey that's your choice I guess.
02-06-2012 3:53 AM
halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

02-06-2012 9:53 AM

I had two problems with my order, one of which I noticed immediately and one several weeks later. Both times I contacted them and they sent replacements out that day. It might be worth it to contact them. I agree their packing quality control doesn't seem to be consistent but their customer service has been great.
02-06-2012 9:53 AM

txi0m
American PUA, Japanese Targets

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

02-06-2012 10:40 AM

Despite myself having been one of True's strongest supporters on the net, I also ran into problems after a while:
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-txi0m-s-jou...4#pid22364

Things did get corrected later though:
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-txi0m-s-jou...8#pid22938

My VDay sale order is small, but let's hope it doesn't get messed with. Just wanted some TL oil since I recently ran out of my TL unscented spray.. The girl I'm currently dating needs that Androstadienone a bit more often than most do. ;)

I totally understand your frustration, but I feel like you should at least bring their attention to this thread via email. I have also gotten very upset with True before. I don't condemn you for posting this publicly either, considering you tried communicating in private first. But if they offer to rectify the situation you should definitely give them the chance.

The way I feel is if they cannot correct what went wrong here, you've got every reason to blow 'em off for good. When I receive my order, I will be sure to honestly depict how the experience went-- honesty of experience keeps the playing field level.

I don't always use pheromone colognes, but when I do... I prefer Dos Equis.

My Arsenal (favs = ☆):
L-S: A7 (s), AE, C7 (s), LT☆, NPA☆, TE Trust, SoE☆ (s/un)

TP: TA☆, TChar, TComm, TI☆, TJ, TL☆, TO, TR☆, TT, XXX (spr)

A-Dream: AM, Certo, Glace

Out of Commission:
AD: IG, IH, IO, IS
02-06-2012 10:40 AM
Jrock
PheroJunkie

Rep Post

02-06-2012 12:51 PM

One more thing I thought about today in theory as to why you may have not received your TI body sprays. The body sprays have extreme flammability warnings written all over them and considering they are pressurized aerosol cans they most likely would be classified as ORM-D (other regulated material for domestic transport only). So basically it is not safe to ship by any air services which is pretty much the only option when shipping to Asia from the U.S. The only thing is that I'm pretty sure I've seen some other international users receive or test the body sprays so I'm not quite sure how they were able to receive them and you were not. Maybe since you ordered multiple body sprays they did not feel safe shipping them out while other users only ordered 1 or got 1 as a freeby which they were able to ship out due to a lower quantity or just snuck it in there and hope for the best. If this is the case then they should have a note on the site saying that the body sprays can only be shipped to North America and not internationally and they should have asked you before shipping out the order if you would like the oil forms instead of the body sprays. My bottle of Erox had an ORM-D label on the parcel when I received it and I know they are not shipping internationally right now and trying to come up with a formula that they can ship safely overseas.
02-06-2012 12:51 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  True Pheromones Sale BigJoe 6 2,660 03-17-2019 10:38 AM
Last Post: dorfmeister
  Trouble contacting True Pheromones? nephil 2 708 11-20-2017 9:22 AM
Last Post: nephil
Question True Pheromones, excellent customer service dsouza 0 1,170 07-21-2014 10:24 PM
Last Post: dsouza
  True Pheromones Discounts terry0400-40 17 8,192 05-28-2012 7:41 PM
Last Post: heey85
  50% off + freebys @ True Pheromones terry0400-40 10 6,852 04-17-2012 3:38 PM
Last Post: Sptsmed