Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Health Challenge!!! Everyone Welcome to Join!
seeusmile
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1712
Thanks received:
868 thanks in 473 posts

RE: Health Challenge!!! Everyone Welcome to Join!
04-25-2013 2:46 AM

Well this is depressing. Perhaps I need to change my workout routine and eat more!

So at the start, I was around 62.1kgs. As the week progressed I scaled my self it was 63.9!kg. I was like 'YES!!!! I GAINED SOME MUSCLE!"
Had a wonderful toilet break measured myself again. 62.5kg.

[Image: jackie-chan-wtf-face-i16.jpg]

well gained something! I'm still persistent! 63kg is a goal !

NuTrix- I wouldn’t change a thing in my past because it’s made me who I am, and I LIKE me, but I’ll be damned if I let 1 single thing in my past hold me prisoner there
04-25-2013 2:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by PhoenixOnFyre119, as33156, zerosix85, AlternativeGirl, Buzzy78, Six, bored4life
AlternativeGirl
Sapiosexual

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3115
Thanks received:
2196 thanks in 816 posts

04-25-2013 8:47 AM

I have not weighed myself since January 9th 2009. (I hadn't eaten for 3 days, and I had hardly lost any weight) I go by how my body looks, how my clothes fit and how healthy I feel. It keeps me focused on more important things than the scale. This morning I looked in the mirror and felt great. I went jogging for 23 minutes yesterday. Only did a mile and a half- slow jogging mostly with a few sprints. but it is more than I had done in a while.

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Fun-Times-and-Pheromones
04-25-2013 8:47 AM
Thanks given by PhoenixOnFyre119, as33156, zerosix85, seeusmile, Buzzy78, paradigmshift
PhoenixOnFyre119
Playing with fyre

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 998
Thanks received:
380 thanks in 167 posts

04-26-2013 5:52 PM

AG, you're doing great! Seeusmile... I'm proud of that weight gain...er...loss haha.

Me... eh... not so well. I have no reason to fib anyone, in the end I would only be lying to myself. I got really sick Tues, Wed, and Thurs... I said I wanna work out and my body said F-you! I think I slept more than I was awake. I got off work early every day around 11am annd slept all day, woke up to eat and check this place out for a minute (what?!?! I missed you guys!) and then went right back to sleep for the night. I lost my voice for about 2 days and am coughing up some ugly shit now. I actually felt partially well enough today to make myself work out again. Tomorrow I should be good to renew my efforts. So, this week, I am only gonna make it 4 days (Mon, Fri, Sat, and Sun). But 4 is pretty damn good for as sick as I was. Hope everyone is doing well and I will talk to you soon Smile

04-26-2013 5:52 PM
Thanks given by AlternativeGirl, seeusmile, Buzzy78

AlternativeGirl
Sapiosexual

Rep Post

Thanks received:
2196 thanks in 816 posts

04-26-2013 6:35 PM

While we are being honest... Smile I only worked out for 16 minutes yesterday. And, I was cursing up a storm during part of it... "Fuck. Fuck this...." But I worked out for 16 minutes. those 4 minutes that I didn't do... they don't undo the other 16 minutes. And if I had not worked out yesterday, I would still have worked out 4 days this week. I look at the positive side of the equation... the successes.

In the 30 day mind challenge I forgot on the 2nd day!! I missed day 2! But i've still done so many more days this month than last Big Grin

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

04-26-2013 6:35 PM
Thanks given by PhoenixOnFyre119, Buzzy78
PhoenixOnFyre119
Playing with fyre

Rep Post

Thanks received:
380 thanks in 167 posts

04-26-2013 7:24 PM

(04-26-2013 6:35 PM)AlternativeGirl Wrote:  While we are being honest... Smile I only worked out for 16 minutes yesterday. And, I was cursing up a storm during part of it... "Fuck. Fuck this...." But I worked out for 16 minutes. those 4 minutes that I didn't do... they don't undo the other 16 minutes. And if I had not worked out yesterday, I would still have worked out 4 days this week. I look at the positive side of the equation... the successes.

In the 30 day mind challenge I forgot on the 2nd day!! I missed day 2! But i've still done so many more days this month than last Big Grin

Lol, I thoroughly enjoyed that! I keep trying to rep you but it says "No!" I thought I spread enough love... but alas... not enough to come full circle again lol. 16 minutes is better than nothing hun Smile . And it was way more than I did the other days! It's only the first week though... we will keep improving and will be fit in no time! The mind challenge has been a little erratic, but I have actually gotten into the habit of meditating regularly again and am ready to move up to my next level soon (Holosync). It really does help me out when I don't have motivation to do anything or my head is just cluttered. I will keep updating in here and you are doin' great-keep it up!

04-26-2013 7:24 PM
Thanks given by seeusmile, AlternativeGirl, Buzzy78
zerosix85
Schadenfreudegasm

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 881
Thanks received:
774 thanks in 280 posts

04-27-2013 3:43 AM

I wanted to chime in here because everyday, I am living the health challenge. Previously, a health challenge to me just simply meant exercising and being physically active and fit. I never saw it from a dietary point of view.....Hell, I wouldn't have been involved if it hadn't been for a few members who's experience helped me to become a believer in giving some of these new things a try.

A month ago, I started supplementing Epimedium with Maca Root Extract to determine if it did enhance one's own natural pheromone signature. Yes these supplements are natural. As a matter of fact, they are some of ingredients that are used in the sex pills and enhancement thread.

When I was using it, I'll contemplate adding pheromones here and there, but more often than not, the interactions with people felt gorgeously fluid enough that it felt unnecessary. I can't even make the comparison to other pheromone products cause I'd dare say that it beats out a whole lot of my complete collection.

If anyone wants to try this out, I'm giving you a warning to know that you may need to rethink your pheromone dosing.

Living life on the dangerous side when taking these supplements and pheromones for me is dressing up in Menswear clothing, going out on a Friday night being all like "I'M LIEK SO MAD MEN RITE NOW!!!!11111", while wearing 1-2 drops of Hypnotica social.

I know saying "You have to eat healthier" is blanket "WELL NO SHIT!" statement but this is America people. We have to actually make a concious effort to eat healthy. Being the healthiest than I've ever been in my life, I feel virile, confident, and attractive and I can witness it in other people's reaction when my vibrancy exudes from the pores ;)

Put two versions of me in the same room. One in my current healthy situation and the other who while was still exercising, he was eating junk food, soda, mcdumpsters, the works. I can guarantee you that you'll see a difference pheromonally between the two.

But wait, are you sure this isn't a plac-
I'm positive this works cause I'm not about to lay some really generic "I'm not sure if it's a placebo effect or something..." . line. I can feel a difference in my body from my former, less healthier base state. I want people to try this just because of how surprised they'll be learning otherwise. Go ahead, try to prove me wrong. After all, it's just a "placebo" effect that I'm experiencing, right?

Epimedium and Maca Root Extract gives me that 'Seize-the-Day' mentality. Because Epimedium and Maca root, elevates levels of pheromones that are within a believable ratio, people will react better. You'll have any easier time attracting people of compatible MHC AND the magic won't die when the pheromones are gone.

About me:

Asian
27 years old
5'8
150-155 llbs (Haven't checked but my size jeans is 30)
Mom is a Mesomorph and Dad is an Ectomorph.
Blood Type O+ (Supposedly O types produces more Androstenone and have a higher gut PH....this tells me a lot, growing up)

My routine:

Wake up

Ingest 1 gram of both Epimedium and Maca Root Powder

Add 1 tablespoon of Organic Flax seed powder mixed with Organic Whole Milk or Juice .

If I have time, create a Juice Blend: Carrots, Celery, Apple, Cilantro, Mint.

Work a single or double shift at work
if so A)
if not B)
Also C)

A) Take the train

B) Ride my bicycle anywhere from home to work and vice versa 25-40 miles in any given day (Former Bike messenger)

Decide to hang out with friends in Manhattan or *North Brooklyn* depending on A)Energy B)Weather C)Company

Come home and relax and play some video games or read a book.

Just to give the reader and idea behind each supplement:

Epimedium
Quote:Theory:
The use of epimedium as a medicinal herb dates back to at least 400 A.D., where it has been used as a tonic for the reproductive system (boosting libido and treating impotence) and as a rejuvenating tonic (to relieve fatigue). Epimedium is thought to work via modulation of cortisol levels (the primary stress hormone). Under conditions of high stress, the increased cortisol levels are known to cause fatigue and depress sex drive - so bringing cortisol levels back into normal ranges is also thought to help restore normal metabolism, energy levels and libido.

Scientific Support:
Animal studies have shown that epimedium may function a bit like an adaptogen (such as cordyceps, rhodiola, ashwagandha, and ginseng) by increasing levels of epinephrine, norepinephrine, serotonin, and dopamine when they are low (an energy-promoting effect), but reducing cortisol levels when they are elevated (an anti-stress effect). There is also evidence that epimedium can restore low levels of both testosterone and thyroid hormone (bringing low levels back to their normal levels) - which may account for some of the benefits of epimedium in improving libido (sex drive). Animal studies using epimedium have shown a reduction in bone breakdown, an increase in muscle mass, and a loss of body fat-each of which may be linked to the observed return of abnormal cortisol levels back to normal values (and rhythm). In a series of studies conducted in humans and animals by Chinese researchers, immune-system function was directly suppressed and bone loss was accelerated, by using high-dose synthetic cortisol (glucocorticoid drugs). Subsequent administration of epimedium extract reduced blood levels of cortisol and improved immune immune-system function (in the humans) and slowed bone loss and strengthened bones (in the animals).

Maca Root Extract

Quote:Maca

Maca is an annual plant, which is used as a 'medicinal herb' and 'root vegetable'. The plant is native to Bolivia and Andes mountains in Peru. Its bionomical name is Lepidium meyenii. This plant is a member of radish family and is rich in potassium and calcium even more than what milk contains. It is one of the best medicines that is bestowed to us by Nature and its medicinal properties are ample in number, thus it is called the 'Superfood of Andes'.

The components of its root are vitamin B1, B2 and C, alkaloids, micro and macro nutrients, carbohydrates, fiber, proteins, fatty acids, sodium, potassium, calcium, tannins, bismuth, copper, zinc, fructose, iron, manganese, phosphorus, silicon, starch and magnesium. It has 4 unique alkaloids (macaina 1, 2, 3, 4) that are found nowhere in any other plant.

Let's take a look at the health benefits of this root extract.

1. It enhances energy and restores stamina and vitality.
  2. It is commonly consumed by athletes to boost up their energy level.
  3. It helps to recover from depression, traumas and addictions
  4. It increases concentration and promotes mental fitness.
  5. It acts as a hormone balancer.
  6. It enhances sexual feelings in both men and women
  7. It is a powerful antioxidant.
  8. It is a natural adaptogen and increases non-specific resistance in our body.
  9. It supports the functioning of adrenal glands.
  10. It increases the competence of our immune system.
  11. It contains isothiocyanate compounds, which can combat cancers.
  12. The extract eases up menstrual pain and maintains proper menstrual cycle.
  13. When consumed with a balanced diet, it ensures proper functioning of our glandular system.
  14. Tannin found in maca, helps in the treatment of diarrhea, while silicon cures broken tissues in our body.
  15. It stimulates Graafian follicles and thereby, increases fertility in women.

Thank you to the people who helped me with this. They all know who they are, I value their opinions greatly to listen to them. Through your information and experience, I've made an effort to help myself achieve a higher physical platform.

Now to eventually get on that Mind challenge....

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2013 3:58 AM by zerosix85.)
04-27-2013 3:43 AM
Thanks given by AlternativeGirl, PhoenixOnFyre119, Buzzy78, halo0073, Six, as33156
Buzzy78
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 406
Thanks received:
785 thanks in 357 posts

04-28-2013 6:28 AM

With my diet still going strong, I was looking for some reading material on nutrition and diets. Found some nice books and shared them in my journal ;)

Cheers,

Buzzy

My journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-And-so-it-begins
New to pheromones? =>>> http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-equation

My bag of goodies:
Alpha Dream: Alpha Mascio, Certo, Corporativo, Glace
Pheroxs: Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, Blizz, Flirt, Connections, Vibe, Domination
Hax: Wingman black label, 9+0, Wingman element 7, Wingman element 9, Wingman C4 oil, Wingman 512 oil, Wingman X22 oil
New Hax: Pherocide, Holy grail, Element x, Alien, Black ops, Ladykiller
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive, Alpha 7, Impi red dot
Other: Scent of Eros, Erox,
04-28-2013 6:28 AM
Thanks given by zerosix85, PhoenixOnFyre119

AlternativeGirl
Sapiosexual

Rep Post

Thanks received:
2196 thanks in 816 posts

04-28-2013 11:04 AM

This 'no fast food' aspect has really made me realize how bad I had been. I eat a lot of fresh fruit, nuts, smoothies, salads, veggie dishes, but over the last 9 months I had been eating more fast food than usual. I had been busy and was making more allowances based on that excuse. I thought it wasn't that often and it was balanced out by all the good food. But to have cut it out completely this past week made me realize how much I had come to rely on that convenient junk food. It really made me open my eyes. Making food at home has made me think about how I have control over the ingredients that go into my dishes and how unaware I am as to what I had actually been eating. With what oils were they cooking my food? Did that delicious iced coffee contain partially hydrogenized soybean oil? What is in that special sauce??? How much high fructose corn syrup is in all that ketchup? Don't I know better?

It has been a bit of a challenge not just being able to swing by and pick up something satisfying. I am having to think and plan. I have had to reason with cravings. But it has been good. I feel healthier and happier this week. To see my stomach just a little flatter and more toned makes me think it might have been worth passing on those indulgences. I think I am ready for week 2 Smile

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

04-28-2013 11:04 AM
Thanks given by LL21, PhoenixOnFyre119, zerosix85, halo0073, Six
PhoenixOnFyre119
Playing with fyre

Rep Post

Thanks received:
380 thanks in 167 posts

04-29-2013 9:48 AM

AG, I agree on the "no fast food"- thing. I have wanted to stop for a quick bite or order pizza many times and had to stop myself. As long as I tell myself that I "don't want it" versus "CAN'T have it", I do well in fighting the craving/want. I have noticed that when I tell myself I can't have something I want it more. I am actually thinking about nixing beef too, while I'm at it. Every time I eat it, even if it's really lean, it messes my stomach up.

I completed my workouts for this weekend and am starting fresh this week. I actually feel better and happier today, my body feels lighter. My mind is starting to change... my views on exercise are starting to become more positive. Hopefully this week will go well. I have noticed that I am not drinking enough water and need to incorporate a plan to drink way more than I have been. I get dehydration headaches too often.

Good luck on your second week everyone!

04-29-2013 9:48 AM
Thanks given by AlternativeGirl, LL21
AlternativeGirl
Sapiosexual

Rep Post

Thanks received:
2196 thanks in 816 posts

04-29-2013 5:39 PM

I know how you feel! I would've gotten a veggie burrito and stuffed it with hash browns last week if it wasn't for this challenge. I have had to actually go home to eat, which is not as convenient. But, I am eating healthier as a result. I totally don't need it.

I quit eating beef when I was 13. I have never looked back. I know how great a fancy steak or a roast beef sandwich is, but I don't miss them. I love the way I eat.

I'm glad you are feeling all the positive benefits. Between this and the mind challenge, I feel much happier and more focused and more centered. I am excited to see what the next week will look like. Things are going so great. Getting dressed in the morning is just more fun. And i feel so clear headed and lighter like you say.

Tonight I'm going for a walk with the husband. Should be about a half an hour. Tuesdays are super busy, so I'll probably just work out at home that night and Wednesday I can not wait to go jogging again. Thanks for getting me motivated.

Drink more water for sure. Your head is telling you something. If you are even feeling stressed out, drink more water before it gets to the headache. Feeling stressed can be a sign of dehydration.

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

04-29-2013 5:39 PM

Share This Thread