Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

2 users browsing this thread: (0 members, and 2 guests).

Health Challenge!!! Everyone Welcome to Join!
halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1605
Thanks received:
3198 thanks in 1463 posts

RE: Health Challenge!!! Everyone Welcome to Join!
04-23-2013 4:55 PM

(04-23-2013 2:38 PM)zerosix85 Wrote:  I am currently taking Flax Seed Ground powder because it's high in poly unsaturated fat which is = increased pheromone production in the body. I think it would be perfect for you to try as I've read that Flax Seed actually lowers insulin resistence.

Hmm I eat flax seeds in my yogurt and in my green smoothies already.
04-23-2013 4:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by Buzzy78, AlternativeGirl

PhoenixOnFyre119
Playing with fyre

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 998
Thanks received:
380 thanks in 167 posts

04-23-2013 8:02 PM

(04-23-2013 2:28 PM)halo0073 Wrote:  I started dieting and exercising more about 7 weeks ago so I am doing this with you guys. Found out today that I am having such a hard time losing because they think I am insulin resistant. Diabetes runs in my family HARD so I am starting metformin to see if that can help me drop weight. I am hoping it will help because honestly I couldn't eat much healthier. I eat tons of veggies, hardly any dairy or grain and minimal meats. I have pretty much given up all sugar except fruit. So I should be losing.

Great to have you with us hun! Sorry about the news, but I'm sur with all of your health knowledge, I hope the metformin helps. Good luck with your journey, we're here with ya!

04-23-2013 8:02 PM
Thanks given by Buzzy78, halo0073
AlternativeGirl
Sapiosexual

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3115
Thanks received:
2196 thanks in 816 posts

04-23-2013 11:42 PM

(04-23-2013 2:45 PM)PhoenixOnFyre119 Wrote:  Sounds like a blast! I wanna learn how to swing dance this summer, I already looked into classes! Great job on working out, I'd rep you but it says I'm maxed out lol. My friend at work was trying to convince me that I needed a cheat day once a week. I told her I couldn't but after 6 weeks I may give myself a cheat day once or twice a month. I don't really need to eat fast food, it's just convenient. This means I will have to cook dinner prior to going out to bars and the Lunatic Luau coming up May 3rd. It will get me back into cooking for enjoyment and maybe I'll get back into experimenting, even though I will only be cooking for moi.

The meditation thing really works, plus I read that the brain states in meditation stimulate HGH production (which helps with muscle recovery after workouts). So it has even more benefits than just motivation. I was going to do it today but I may have to swap days (don't get mad at me). I am coughing and stuffy today (still sick) and think I need a recovery day. I can do Saturday instead of today and still have my 5 days. I also went to the dentist today and got a small filling, so the left side of my mouth and nose is numb Prankster2 I feel like a 'tard when I smile lol.

I'm proud of you for starting and I'll be right here with you the whole way. You knoooooooow you're awesome, I just tell you to remind you of the obvious Smile

Oh, side note, I have a super girl-crush! I watch Game of Thrones on HBO, the girl Daenerys Targaryen (dragon girl) is an f'ing badass! You would love her character.

Hugs and keep it up!

Thanks for all the encouragement! I know I wouldn't do it without you. I think it is a good idea for you to switch out Saturday for today this week and take extra care of yourself. I almost thought of doing the same thing myself, but I'm not exactly in your shoes. No dental work. Not sick. Got stuck at work an hour late and then found out I had to drive to the fire station after work because my husband forgot something he needed for tomorrow. So now it is 10:40 pm here, and I'm going for a walk. I feel like I need to do this. I can't find one of my running shoes (bizarre!), so I'll be walking in my bright pink platform converse. Better go before I loose motivation.

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Fun-Times-and-Pheromones
04-23-2013 11:42 PM
Thanks given by Buzzy78, PhoenixOnFyre119
Buzzy78
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 406
Thanks received:
785 thanks in 357 posts

04-24-2013 2:15 AM

Hey everybody,

Nice to see so many on a road to weight loss! I hope you all meet your goals and find the motivation to keep on going! I started my separate thread some time ago, but I wanted to share my progress with everybody here also because we're on the same road together! Here's my progress so far:

I was at 91kg when i started out. (started 1/4/2013)
4 days later i was at 90.4 kg.
I gained a little between 4-6 days at 90.6
At day 11 the scale read 89.8kg.
This morning the scale hit 87.5 kg

So that's 3.5 kg lost in 24 days! I'm going to keep going until I end up between 83kg and 80kg. (83kg is the lowest is was last year)

Staying motivated to keep going and also exercising is a big issue, so i'm using subs to help me with that. I do feel like they make an impact. Compared to last year it seems much easier to keep going and stay motivated. I'm not sure how much (if any) of the progress has to do with the subs. But every little edge I get out of them is good!

I've been using the following subs 4-5 times a week at night (silent ones):

Real subliminal - Lose weight permanently
Real subliminal - implement-healthy-eating
Real subliminal - diet-lose-weight
Real subliminal - metabolism-boost
Real subliminal - exercise-motivation

For those who don't know yet, I have them shared in my journal, so if you use/used subs but don't have these yet.. go get them! If you don't use subs yet, it might be worth to take a look ;) You can checkout the real subliminal website for more info.

Cheers,

Buzzy

My journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-And-so-it-begins
New to pheromones? =>>> http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-equation

My bag of goodies:
Alpha Dream: Alpha Mascio, Certo, Corporativo, Glace
Pheroxs: Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, Blizz, Flirt, Connections, Vibe, Domination
Hax: Wingman black label, 9+0, Wingman element 7, Wingman element 9, Wingman C4 oil, Wingman 512 oil, Wingman X22 oil
New Hax: Pherocide, Holy grail, Element x, Alien, Black ops, Ladykiller
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive, Alpha 7, Impi red dot
Other: Scent of Eros, Erox,
04-24-2013 2:15 AM
Thanks given by seeusmile, AlternativeGirl, PhoenixOnFyre119, as33156
AlternativeGirl
Sapiosexual

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3115
Thanks received:
2196 thanks in 816 posts

04-24-2013 8:57 AM

Nice!!! Thanks, Buzzy Big Grin Those subs sound awesome! I'm stoked for you to be seeing so much progress. Besides loosing unwanted extra weight, all the healthy eating and exercising has so many other positive benefits. Thanks for sharing your success !! It really does motivate and encourage me to really stick with this. Maybe I'll even check out the subs. You are awesome Big Grin

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Fun-Times-and-Pheromones
04-24-2013 8:57 AM
Thanks given by Buzzy78

as33156
Ubermensch

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 10797
Thanks received:
7331 thanks in 2493 posts

04-24-2013 11:43 AM

Had some veggies today with my lunch. Dance

My Journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Nice-guy-to...My-journey

My Survival Course & Thread (GET IT & THRIVE): http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-Modern-...#pid108462

"He who can take advice is sometimes superior to those who give it." Albanian Proverb..... Stay Congruent My Friends
04-24-2013 11:43 AM
Thanks given by Buzzy78, PhoenixOnFyre119
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1480
Thanks received:
1319 thanks in 674 posts

04-24-2013 2:24 PM

@Thundr - I saw you were pitching an alkaline diet. As nearly as I can tell, that's basically about eating more calcium/magnesium and taking in fewer calories. Which is a fine idea, but if its provably more complex than that, could you let me know? I've never read a book on the topic, but the short articles I've seen seemed... lacking rigor. If it wasn't you doing the selling I'd have just ignored the pitch completely, but I know you've dug into some scientific topics and have a background in the area.

[Image: Example.jpg]
04-24-2013 2:24 PM
Thanks given by thundr
as33156
Ubermensch

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 10797
Thanks received:
7331 thanks in 2493 posts

04-24-2013 5:52 PM

Look what I picked up today from my local Mexican Grocery!

Yes that is Pig Ears! At lest I got some healthy stuff. I'm trying!. I also had Veggies with my Lunch today.

My Journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Nice-guy-to...My-journey

My Survival Course & Thread (GET IT & THRIVE): http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-Modern-...#pid108462

"He who can take advice is sometimes superior to those who give it." Albanian Proverb..... Stay Congruent My Friends
04-24-2013 5:52 PM
Thanks given by PhoenixOnFyre119
zerosix85
Schadenfreudegasm

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 881
Thanks received:
774 thanks in 280 posts

04-24-2013 6:20 PM

There is a lot that Ive been wanting to add to this that I was going to put up on my journal. Ill give my experience on this as soon as I get out from work.

04-24-2013 6:20 PM
Thanks given by as33156

thundr
calm like a bomb

Thanks Given: 2990
Thanks received:
5430 thanks in 985 posts

04-24-2013 8:12 PM

Hey wiserd. It's a bit more complex than just obtaining more minerals and reducing calorie intake. I'm gettn ready to go out in a few but ill try to chop away some basics here for you to ponder.

Um where to start. Lol. Ok so each food you eat is categorized into either acic forming or alkaline. This classification is determined on what the food item does to the pH of your urine. Things like alcohol meat breads make the urine acidic. Many veggies, most citrus, almonds make the urine alkaline.

The body tries to maintain a pH of roughly 7.4. If the diet is acidic then it uses minerals (mostly calcium) from the bones to buffer. If the diet is alkaline it will still buffer by depositing on bones. Extreme in either is bad over time. A balance must be achieved. Over time the typical acidic americanized diet will strip away too many minerals causing bone loss or worse.

Pathogens thrive in an acidic pH. When the body is operating at the ideal 7.4 the host is relatively sickness free. Bad diet, stress, overconsumption, etc can cause acidosis. This is where the germs love to play and where weight gain is the greatest. The further from pH 7 and down the more unhealthy the host. Being alkaline and restricting calories plus detoxing plus cardio equal some serious weight adjustments. I feel 10x better than I did first starting out.

There is alot of disagreement in circles as to blood or urine pH being the accurate test. Let's just say its much easier to put some spit or pee on a pool pH strip then it is to get a blood panel done. I usually test every 4-5 days in the morning upon waking. These past few weeks I have remained very alkaline and its strange how you can see how your current food items in your diet affect your pH. When I'm acidic I feel sour and moody. I can almost tell now if I'm acidic or alkaline based on how I'm feeling.

Read up on alkaline and acidic food charts. That is a great place to start and showed me immediately how shitty I was eating.

Journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Riders-On-The-Storm
04-24-2013 8:12 PM
Thanks given by as33156, zerosix85, paradigmshift

Share This Thread