Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Health Challenge!!! Everyone Welcome to Join!
PhoenixOnFyre119
Playing with fyre

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 998
Thanks received:
380 thanks in 167 posts

Star Health Challenge!!! Everyone Welcome to Join!
04-21-2013 6:39 PM

Hey everyone!

This is another challenge inspired by progress and break-throughs from the first challenge (Mind Challenge in the Women's section). AlternativeGirl and I were motivated to continue the growth but veer it toward more physical pursuits this time. Bb

This challenge will be an overall health challenge including exercise and diet. When I say diet, I do not mean that of lack or ultimate limitation but one of moderation.
The challenge is as follows:

*6 weeks of exercising at least 5 days a week/20 minutes a day (I will be doing strength training 3 days and 2-5 days of cardio) Monday through Friday. You can add more or less days as needed, this is just the basic guideline. Most women don't believe in weight training, but I assure you that as you get older... metabolism slows due to muscle loss. Training1

*6 weeks of a nutritious lifestyle with no fast food. This means the over-processed, fried foods. You may be able to cheat if you get a grilled chicken salad or likewise. I know it is hard to do when you go away for the weekend, vacations, etc. but try to limit these cheat foods as much as possible.

I am not a doctor nor do I claim to be one (as of yet lol) but I am a future Naturopathic Doctor and have done extensive research on natural health and exercise science. I have already completed 99% of a certification in Massotherapy (I have studied at the Cayce/Reilly school which is geared toward a more spiritual and natural approach to healing). I have taken classes on Nutrition, Meditation, Jin Shin Do, Reflexology, Craniosacral, and many others. The body heals as a whole and while we have been focusing recently on the spiritual/emotional part, the physical must be attended to as well. I also believe this will have a wonderful effect on Pheromone usage and results. As AG and many others have found, using vitamins and even juicing leads to pronounced results with 'mones. Also, I might add... there are many things that help your "game". Pheromones only add to the package you already have and can only do so much. Having a fit, healthy body not only adds to the physical aspect of your "game" but also a mental/emotional aspect. Confidence is a very attractive thing in a man or woman and can definitely be a powerful addition to the whole package you bring to the table. When you put in dedication to change your body for the better, you gain pride in your appearance and confidence through your ability to achieve goals you set for yourself. It's a win-win! Good

If you would like to tweak this Health Challenge to your liking or desired outcome, be my guest! The main goal is physical health. I will post as often as I can and can even put up inspirational material. I am mainly heading this off because I believe it will add extra motivation and accountability for my own health goal. I want to get in better shape than I have ever been in to tie-in the physical aspect to my growth (...plus bikini season is right around the corner Beach lol). I am going to continue another 6 weeks when I get to the end of the first 6 because my work out program is 3 months long. Every 2 week mark will be a mini-goal to reach for all of us. Everyone (male and female) is more than welcome to join in this challenge and I wish everyone the best! Good luck!

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." -Mahatma Ghandi (and later Arnold Schwarzenegger)

04-21-2013 6:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by as33156, thundr, zerosix85, Six, LL21, paradigmshift, AlternativeGirl, solidprice, bored4life

as33156
Ubermensch

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 10797
Thanks received:
7331 thanks in 2493 posts

RE: Health Challenge!!! Everyone Welcome to Join!
04-21-2013 6:49 PM

Great ideal!

Of course I don't have the will power to join. (Already ate mexican for lunch & dinner today. Im petite anyway so i can slide hehe. I wish everyone the best in the challenge ahead though. Reps!

My Journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Nice-guy-to...My-journey

My Survival Course & Thread (GET IT & THRIVE): http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-Modern-...#pid108462

"He who can take advice is sometimes superior to those who give it." Albanian Proverb..... Stay Congruent My Friends
04-21-2013 6:49 PM
Thanks given by PhoenixOnFyre119
alphavitea

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 217
Thanks received:
1125 thanks in 621 posts

04-21-2013 6:54 PM

I have already begun to "take this challenge" but I definitely could up my game. Wifey and I went to see the place beyond the lines last night and the movie opens with a shot of Ryan goslings abs. I asked wifey later if she wanted me to have those abs and she said of course and I said two months and ill have those abs. Now I used to have hose and when I was in my twenties but now there is a little extra covering on my abs. Anyway I have recently lost around twelve pounds which is a lot for a guy who is 5'3" bu I seriously ant gjose abs back. This will require a good diet, strength training (some) and cardio and the hop grail quitting smoking. I think I am ready. Hopefully this thread and the ladies and gents here can inspire me and keep me focused.

So 5 days a week of working out and good diet. Piece of cake. Quitting smoking well..... Well see how it goes. I'm gonna start tomorrow. Juicing in the am and at least 20 min of excercise. I can do this.

You should also try the plank challenge which consists of doing a plank (push-up without going down) and hold it for as long as you can. This is good for your core and takes two minutes. You can do this every day. I will be starting that tomorrow as well and continuing for 30 days.

There is nothing better than looking good to make you feel good.

If she bites you did it right.
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 6:58 PM by alphavitea.)
04-21-2013 6:54 PM
Thanks given by PhoenixOnFyre119, paradigmshift, AlternativeGirl
thundr
calm like a bomb

Thanks Given: 2990
Thanks received:
5430 thanks in 985 posts

04-21-2013 8:23 PM

Just finished cutting up for spring. My leftover holiday flab had to go. Started at 221 beginning of march and stopped just last Fri at 184. Oddly I binged all wknd like a pig and still at 184. Weird. Pretty sure has something to do with detoxing and removing intestinal clutter.

This is the first time I ever cut off so much but then again I had never been so out of shape as last winter. Inevitability of getting older.

I get full faster due to stomach shrinkage so I think it kept this wknd's pig out minimal. They say you are what u eat. I disagree. You are what you absorb.

Gonna switch off cardio now onto high weight low reps to bulk a bit. Low gly carbs and mucho proteino.

I lose or gain rather quick and have a lot of experience manipulating my weight but the method I just used worked amazing. It was more willpower overcoming hunger pangs in the beginning. They wore off after awhile and started again near the end. Basically I was making sure nearly every calorie that went in was important. Very simple actually, just gotta hold strong.

Included: fruit, food combinations, alkaline diet, juice fasting, mild cardio, tons of green tea and milk thistle. And of course assload of h20.

If anyone is interested i'll outline the basics here and they can try it. I'm not a physician so I can only say what I did and not push any diet program on anyone. I'm very happy with the results and have minimal muscle atrophy. A bit of reduction from underuse and eating but ill fluff those bastards up again in the next few wks.

Physically this was the easiest I have ever cut weight. Mentally it was by far the hardest. Satisfied.

Journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Riders-On-The-Storm
04-21-2013 8:23 PM
Thanks given by PhoenixOnFyre119, zerosix85, AlternativeGirl, solidprice, bored4life
PhoenixOnFyre119
Playing with fyre

Rep Post

Thanks received:
380 thanks in 167 posts

04-21-2013 8:33 PM

(04-21-2013 6:54 PM)alphavitea Wrote:  I have already begun to "take this challenge" but I definitely could up my game. Wifey and I went to see the place beyond the lines last night and the movie opens with a shot of Ryan goslings abs. I asked wifey later if she wanted me to have those abs and she said of course and I said two months and ill have those abs. Now I used to have hose and when I was in my twenties but now there is a little extra covering on my abs. Anyway I have recently lost around twelve pounds which is a lot for a guy who is 5'3" bu I seriously ant gjose abs back. This will require a good diet, strength training (some) and cardio and the hop grail quitting smoking. I think I am ready. Hopefully this thread and the ladies and gents here can inspire me and keep me focused.

So 5 days a week of working out and good diet. Piece of cake. Quitting smoking well..... Well see how it goes. I'm gonna start tomorrow. Juicing in the am and at least 20 min of excercise. I can do this.

You should also try the plank challenge which consists of doing a plank (push-up without going down) and hold it for as long as you can. This is good for your core and takes two minutes. You can do this every day. I will be starting that tomorrow as well and continuing for 30 days.

There is nothing better than looking good to make you feel good.

Great to have you with us hun! Good luck! I will def. try out the plank every day... my core needs some work.
(04-21-2013 8:23 PM)thundr Wrote:  Just finished cutting up for spring. My leftover holiday flab had to go. Started at 221 beginning of march and stopped just last Fri at 184. Oddly I binged all wknd like a pig and still at 184. Weird. Pretty sure has something to do with detoxing and removing intestinal clutter.

This is the first time I ever cut off so much but then again I had never been so out of shape as last winter. Inevitability of getting older.

I get full faster due to stomach shrinkage so I think it kept this wknd's pig out minimal. They say you are what u eat. I disagree. You are what you absorb.

Gonna switch off cardio now onto high weight low reps to bulk a bit. Low gly carbs and mucho proteino.

I lose or gain rather quick and have a lot of experience manipulating my weight but the method I just used worked amazing. It was more willpower overcoming hunger pangs in the beginning. They wore off after awhile and started again near the end. Basically I was making sure nearly every calorie that went in was important. Very simple actually, just gotta hold strong.

Included: fruit, food combinations, alkaline diet, juice fasting, mild cardio, tons of green tea and milk thistle. And of course assload of h20.

If anyone is interested i'll outline the basics here and they can try it. I'm not a physician so I can only say what I did and not push any diet program on anyone. I'm very happy with the results and have minimal muscle atrophy. A bit of reduction from underuse and eating but ill fluff those bastards up again in the next few wks.

Physically this was the easiest I have ever cut weight. Mentally it was by far the hardest. Satisfied.

That is an amaaaazing amount of weight loss in such a short amount of time! I would love the diet outline for when I go into my third month's "cutting phase". Will you be joining us while you bulk up?

(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 8:36 PM by PhoenixOnFyre119.)
04-21-2013 8:33 PM

PhoenixOnFyre119
Playing with fyre

Rep Post

Thanks received:
380 thanks in 167 posts

04-21-2013 8:40 PM

(04-21-2013 6:49 PM)as33156 Wrote:  Great ideal!

Of course I don't have the will power to join. (Already ate mexican for lunch & dinner today. Im petite anyway so i can slide hehe. I wish everyone the best in the challenge ahead though. Reps!

Awww... That's too bad hun, if you change your mind and want some "Thor muscles"... we'll be here lol.

04-21-2013 8:40 PM
seeusmile
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1712
Thanks received:
868 thanks in 473 posts

04-21-2013 9:02 PM

The physical part I can do! I haven't been consistant however in the last few weeks.
Diet.. I cannot do!!! haha. Because I'm trying to gain weight... building muscle without using any protein shakes.
I have the body type where wanting to gain weight is more like a challenge and almost every girl would kill to have.

So far the progress is slow but I'm getting somewhere!!!

Until I reached the cutting/shredding season that's when i'll worry about diet :3

NuTrix- I wouldn’t change a thing in my past because it’s made me who I am, and I LIKE me, but I’ll be damned if I let 1 single thing in my past hold me prisoner there
(This post was last modified: 04-21-2013 9:03 PM by seeusmile.)
04-21-2013 9:02 PM
Thanks given by PhoenixOnFyre119
thundr
calm like a bomb

Thanks Given: 2990
Thanks received:
5430 thanks in 985 posts

04-21-2013 9:42 PM

Sure I'll pop in from time to time and check on yall and read progress.

I was fascinated at how fast and much came off this time. I also hit it from multiple angles this time. I also hit the diet from multiple angles too. Couldn't resist that one.

Anyway the unhealthy human body carries many pounds of locked up fetal matter and toxins. Many of these toxins are stored in fat so its a double bonus. There can be up to 10 lbs or more of undigested waste clogged in the intestines both small and the colon. Removal of this is paramount first thing. This is where pure fruit juice and a light fiber meal can assist. Next is the liver and hence the thistle. Got to get that clean too. Finally lots of water. Have to do this if u expect anything dramatic. Sluggish overtaxed system makes for sluggish losses.

Next is getting the body into an alkaline state. Most americans are operating at an acidic 6.5 pH due to the typical american diet. Gotta change this over bc an acidic environment gains weight easily and is prone to pathogens. There are many alkaline diet charts out there. I'll link one when I get time. Basically think of everything u like to eat and don't eat it. Yeah this was the hard part and very new to me. Juicing works amazing to shift over to alkaline especially celery and green tea. Add a bit of lemon to ur water as well.

Meal timing is important. I started losing the most when I went to nothing but a light snack for lunch and a properly combined alkaline dinner. 20% of your meal can be acidic so save that for acid forming protein rich food items. Upon waking I would drink a glass of unsweetened pure pineapple juice and a bottle of water. Be surprised at how full you will feel after awhile and might have to cut back water as the stomach shrinks. Lunch was mostly fresh juiced veggies. My staple was celery, carrot, spinach. My fab was beet and carrot. This part sucks for the first cpl wks. Really sucks. By dinner I was fiendishly hungry. Have to exert willpower here too and eat a light alkaline diet with some protein. Almost no carbs if any. You get what u need in the AM and lunch juices. Your body will adapt. Before bed was always water.

It's a common misconception that fat makes u fat. Nope. Sugar does. Fat is necessary if the right ones are eaten. When the body cannot absorb as much sugar as you put in its greedy ass stores it as glycogen in da liva. When this supply is full it turns it to flab and sticks it somewhere handy. Gotta get rid of sodas and hi gly carbs. Except juices. No high fructose anything or refined white carbs. Use honey if needed.

Mechanical was running for cardio and stretching the areas I want to lose the flab. Increases circulation to these areas especially while your heartrate is up after cardio. Basically letting my body know this is an inconvenient place to store fat. When cutting and calorie restricted I have found many its ago this stretched flub is first to go.

If one were to replace dinner with a complete juice fast I'm sure results will increase. I couldn't totally do it with my body type and only did it one day toward the end. That sucked.

This is what I did to lose using a multi prong attack. Results may vary based on body composition, activity level, genes, blah blah u get the point. I caved a few times and got punished for it. It stops the ball rolling. I solved that with some up intensity runs. After a few weeks all kinds of gross stuff will be coming out of everywhere. Here's some tmi. Sweat and piss will stink and the toilet will be receiving stuff u swear is from the 90s. It's gross and goes away thankfully. Plan to feel like shit then great then like shit. Rollercoaster. After awhile it evens out some.

Currently I am still juicing and alkaline diet for the most part except a few mishaps this wknd. Pork is so tasty. I am also eating a lot more yogurt and taking a specific probiotic to recover my gut flora before I start crushing it with large amounts of protein.

I knew what I was doing so please feel free to adjust anything on the fly and keep a health pro handy. I make physicians my bitches on the reg so I didn't bother.

Well that was what I did. Hope this gives at least one person some good ideas. Good luck everyone.

Journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Riders-On-The-Storm
04-21-2013 9:42 PM
Thanks given by seeusmile, Six, PhoenixOnFyre119, LL21, AlternativeGirl, solidprice, KIMBA, bored4life
PhoenixOnFyre119
Playing with fyre

Rep Post

Thanks received:
380 thanks in 167 posts

04-22-2013 6:45 PM

(04-21-2013 9:02 PM)seeusmile Wrote:  The physical part I can do! I haven't been consistant however in the last few weeks.
Diet.. I cannot do!!! haha. Because I'm trying to gain weight... building muscle without using any protein shakes.
I have the body type where wanting to gain weight is more like a challenge and almost every girl would kill to have.

So far the progress is slow but I'm getting somewhere!!!

Until I reached the cutting/shredding season that's when i'll worry about diet :3

We'd be happy to have you hun. But like I said, it's not really a diet... but just cutting out fast food (unless that is in part of your plan to bulk lol). I've heard crazier things. Good luck with your health/fitness journey!

04-22-2013 6:45 PM

PhoenixOnFyre119
Playing with fyre

Rep Post

Thanks received:
380 thanks in 167 posts

04-22-2013 6:57 PM

(04-21-2013 9:42 PM)thundr Wrote:  Sure I'll pop in from time to time and check on yall and read progress.

I was fascinated at how fast and much came off this time. I also hit it from multiple angles this time. I also hit the diet from multiple angles too. Couldn't resist that one.

Thanx thundr, this is great and very informative! And lol on the pun. I beeeet you do. :moil:

I already do most of these things (lemon to water, juice, watch sugar intake due to insulin-level rising, etc)... just not consistently. I think if I just try to make a plan and stick to it I could actually see some good results. Unfortunately I am not consistent by nature, I gain progress by motivated spurts followed by the lack thereof lol. But oh well, everything is a work-in-progress. I'll try your plan in my 3rd month and tell you how well I do. I will probably tweak it to my taste a little as I prefer my light meals to be dinner and heavy ones for lunch. I did just juice for dinner tonight. AlternativeGirl and I will be doing a small juice fast in June sometime.

By the way, the stretching info was great and I will definitely try it. Reps! Thanx again.

**Update: can't rep yet, need to spread more loooove** -I'll get you back later.

(This post was last modified: 04-22-2013 7:04 PM by PhoenixOnFyre119.)
04-22-2013 6:57 PM

Share This Thread