Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What matters to women in a man
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: What matters to women in a man
07-16-2019 10:54 AM

(07-16-2019 10:47 AM)campoviejo Wrote:  I've heard the opinion that there is an archetypical goddess dormant in every female on this planet. Therefore unless worshipped enough, they can bring all hell loose and cataclysms will come. Whereas if sacrifices are made you will have her benevolent favor on your side.

This is true, to a certain degree, but there is also an archetypal wild sex fiend, a pervert, a mother, a friend, a moral figure, a mystery wrapped within an enigma, and infinite other things. Women are simply marvelous, complex, infinite, and amazing. We men are, unfortunately, just pretty much men.

It is by connecting with and coaxing forth ALL of her infinite facets that a woman truly becomes all of herself. Likewise, it is by the same treatment that we men can fully realize our full potential. While one could say that i worship women, this is not true; I celebrate women for all that they are and I lust to experience their unique traits. I have nothing but appreciation and passion for all of their complexity and all of their infinite layers. However, I do not sacrifice myself upon the altar of womahood; I remain myself...all of myself all of the time without compromise or apology. If I demand that my mates and playmates give me all of themselves; I would dishonor them by not doing so myself.

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019 10:55 AM by Gladen.)
07-16-2019 10:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
campoviejo
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

07-16-2019 11:09 AM

Aye, truly magical being they are (unicorns??).
I didn't mean sacrificing your own self/essence but providing certain offerings, like attention, admiration of her beauty etc.
I think the key to success with women is simple - you got to truly love them - with all the multi-facetness good or bad, it will show and they'll love you back (on most occasions).
07-16-2019 11:09 AM

Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

07-16-2019 11:14 AM

She can kill with a smile, she can wound with her eyes
She can ruin your faith with her casual lies
And she only reveals what she wants you to see
She hides like a child but she's always a woman to me

She can lead you to love, she can take you or leave you
She can ask for the truth but she'll never believe you
And she'll take what you give her as long as it's free
Yeah she steals like a thief but she's always a woman to me

Oh, she takes care of herself, she can wait if she wants
She's ahead of her time
Oh, she never gives out and she never gives in
She just changes her mind

And she'll promise you more than the garden of Eden
Then she'll carelessly cut you and laugh while you're bleeding
But she brings out the best and the worst you can be
Blame it all on yourself 'cause she's always a woman to me

Here we have Billy Joel stating, with eloquence, that women are all things all of the time, and that they bring out the best and the worst in we meager men.

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
(This post was last modified: 07-16-2019 12:53 PM by Gladen.)
07-16-2019 11:14 AM
campoviejo
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

07-16-2019 12:53 PM

Nice lyrics. whistle
07-16-2019 12:53 PM
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

07-17-2019 8:41 AM

(07-14-2019 3:46 PM)MusikMan Wrote:  Actually it's trust.

Recent events have shown the import of this. For the long term, or anything beyond the occasional fling; trust is, indeed, a factor that, while not typically stated when one lists attributes they want in a mate, can make or break a relationship.

07-17-2019 8:41 AM
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

07-17-2019 11:02 AM

(07-15-2019 4:47 PM)hut Wrote:  ... you had mentioned you are early 50's, but look early 30s which is awesome, how do you manage that? Do you take very good care of yourself through diet, exercise, other lifestyle factors?

@hut: My apologies. I never addressed these other questions.

I honestly feel that my youthful nature really comes down to a lust for life; living with zest and enthusiasm, and trying not to worry about things so much.

I have no particular set diet, although I do go low on the junk food, sweets, and snack foods, soft drinks, etc. Mostly I eat what I want, but not to excess, and I pretty much stick to water, tea, and coffee although I do have the occasional soft drink (maybe one or two every month or so on the average). I also no longer drink any alcohol, and my recreational substance consumption is very very low.

I also keep excessively active. My wife says I'm like a shark; need to keep moving. I do all of my own repairs, landscaping, mechanical work, etc; and I'm always diving into a new hobby, interest, or activity; reinventing myself so to speak.

While none of this was done with longevity in mind; it does all contribute; but mainly it boils down to not letting myself get myself down, living with gusto, not dwelling on negatives (although I still do far too much), and keeping active. It is, I think, more a matter of outlook than activity or deliberation.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2019 11:03 AM by Gladen.)
07-17-2019 11:02 AM

jb20

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

07-18-2019 1:30 AM

I think you all need to take nikki's threads as his explanation on his success...aka his opinion.So, what works for him might not work for you.No point arguing I guess.Women do like when you are not boring (so good convo and humor helps) so does self confidence...since they are not rational sometimes, they might overlook money and looks for a good time....ofc it is hard to open.
07-18-2019 1:30 AM
MacCauley
Serious Poster

Rep Post

07-18-2019 9:11 AM

(07-18-2019 1:30 AM)jb20 Wrote:  Women do like when you are not boring (so good convo and humor helps) so does self confidence...since they are not rational sometimes, they might overlook money and looks for a good time....ofc it is hard to open.

Agreed and for sure that can happen. Because they are irrational sometimes. I guess we all are. The underrated skill is knowing how women communicate, but I think that can only be learned as we go along.

The point I wanted to make is the foundation of having your shit together matters the most. If you bring in enough dough to stack the deck in your favor like living in a downtown apartment you'll run into more women automatically. More women are exposed to you which is key, being out and about. Shorter distance to your home from the nightlife. Gives you a bit more status than living in mom's basement. Walking-around-money is the means of a winner. Taxi ride, no problem. Bottle of fine wine, no problem. Exotic vacation, no problem. You're at ease.

Going to the gym doing some lifting, grooming and dressing like a man is stacking the deck in your favor. Having cool friends gives better access to all sorts of stuff. There are different ways to do it, subcultures and whatnot. For a lot of guys an adequate, attractive lifestyle is within reach.

I think guys like Gladen and Snoopy has that foundation and it allows them to relax and joke around. Compare that to a guy who is a subordinate, always stressing, seeking approval..you know the guys I'm talking about. Maybe harder to be chill and vibe with people if your life sucks. Harder to be a good person too from what I've observed. Like you said, confidence is so important. We all have different styles and tastes which is good. I would focus mostly on getting that foundation and you'll feel at ease expressing yourself fully.

Lots of good points here from you guys. I particularly like the part about taking women for who they are. As men we have our quirks too. We're impulsive and make dumb decisions sometimes. Compared to women we are ruthless. But that's also a part of what makes us attractive. I think it boils down to being comfortable with who you are and trying to make something happen. A good woman is your perfect team player. All I'm saying is you don't deserve that unless you hold up your end of the deal. Want a great woman? Okay, then be great. And it works both ways.

If you're not being real with yourself and others, what do you expect to get from that?
07-18-2019 9:11 AM
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Rep Post

07-20-2019 8:51 AM

MacCauley, I really like most of what you said up there. Your observations of having a solid foundation are quite astute. I never really considered it, but just like you said, having yourself in order is a must; because if one does not have a solid base, anything they try to build will topple.

07-20-2019 8:51 AM
Dblr619
Life taker-heart breaker

Rep Post

07-27-2019 5:16 PM

"Sense of humor (70%)
Conversational skills (58%)
Looks (56%)
Height (28%)
Education level (21%)
Job title (20%)
Financial stability (16%)
Music choice (13%)
Mutual friends (9%)
Body shape (8%)

These are supposedly the top traits women look for in a partner, weighted (according to something lol).

My sense of humor and conversational skills are very strong, which may explain some of my success. Looks are somewhat ambiguous...I see men who are handsome and in great physical shape with women who are 6's at best, crudely speaking. However, I think looks also includes style, not just how physically attractive you are.

I am average height at 5'9", so I'm not short but I'm not tall. I think this matters more for tall women, but if you're 5'7" and under, I can see it being a "thing." My education level is bachelors degree, but I'm way "smarter" than that. In fact, I usually have to slow down my intellect to make connections.

My job title is sex educator, so while I'm not a supervisor or boss, there isn't a job title more intriguing. Financial stability is low, but I'm a lover, not a provider! The last 3 are whatever. I would lump them into rapport.

Just something to think about. The bar is so low for men right now...if you can have a decent conversation, and make them laugh a couple times (just a couple!) they'll damn near be soaking their panties. Especially if you're wearing pheromones!"

Not trying to impress/seek validation from works quite well for me.

This IS the MENS section.....correct?

mooning whiney control freaks mooning
07-27-2019 5:16 PM

Share This Thread