Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Fragrance Shop - Sillage
KIMBA
Perputual Noob

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 748
Thanks received:
1625 thanks in 692 posts

The Fragrance Shop - Sillage
02-26-2013 7:56 PM

I was pondering about purchasing oil's from The Fragrance Shop but was curious about Sillage on the oils when mix with mones.

Anyone have some insight on this? And if so which products/oils had superior sillage as in, do they compare to the originals? They should, but was skeptical.

90% of my posts are from my phone on the fly.
02-26-2013 7:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

La Fin
Getting comfortable

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 26
Thanks received:
21 thanks in 13 posts

RE: The Fragrance Shop - Sillage
02-26-2013 9:58 PM

(02-26-2013 7:56 PM)KIMBA Wrote:  I was pondering about purchasing oil's from The Fragrance Shop but was curious about Sillage on the oils when mix with mones.

Anyone have some insight on this? And if so which products/oils had superior sillage as in, do they compare to the originals? They should, but was skeptical.

Kimba, TFS's oils have pretty good silage; much more than Love Potion. They're not going to have the same amount of silage as the originals, but that's because they're 100% oil compared to 5%. But TFS's scents last longer and smell just as good. Alternatively you could buy some perfurmer's alcohol and mix it with the oils to make your own perfume, creating a higher concentration.
02-26-2013 9:58 PM
Thanks given by KIMBA
Buzzy78
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 406
Thanks received:
794 thanks in 355 posts

02-27-2013 2:12 AM

Yes been wondering to order some stuff from them too.. Perfume oil seems like a good alternative for cologne. TFS oils are some of the more expensive out there, but also some of the best. Read great reports about them. You can get a 5 sample order for 30$ from them that comes with a discount code for 30 $ on your next order. Its a safe way to try out some scents you like and see if they really do smell like the original and have some testing with them. You basicly only pay the shipping costs for the sample pack if you end up ordering any of their products afterwards.

Cheers,

Buzzy

My journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-And-so-it-begins
New to pheromones? =>>> http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-equation

My bag of goodies:
Alpha Dream: Alpha Mascio, Certo, Corporativo, Glace
Pheroxs: Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, Blizz, Flirt, Connections, Vibe, Domination
Hax: Wingman black label, 9+0, Wingman element 7, Wingman element 9, Wingman C4 oil, Wingman 512 oil, Wingman X22 oil
New Hax: Pherocide, Holy grail, Element x, Alien, Black ops, Ladykiller
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive, Alpha 7, Impi red dot
Other: Scent of Eros, Erox,
02-27-2013 2:12 AM
Thanks given by KIMBA
KIMBA
Perputual Noob

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 748
Thanks received:
1625 thanks in 692 posts

02-27-2013 2:55 AM

(02-26-2013 9:58 PM)La Fin Wrote:  Kimba, TFS's oils have pretty good silage; much more than Love Potion. They're not going to have the same amount of silage as the originals, but that's because they're 100% oil compared to 5%. But TFS's scents last longer and smell just as good. Alternatively you could buy some perfurmer's alcohol and mix it with the oils to make your own perfume, creating a higher concentration.

Thank you La Fin.

I am not a chemist and most of my mixing ventures end in disaster (I have tried many times, Mones, Perfume, Steroids, etc). But if the oil is close I will give it a spin. Even if it is close, great sillage and longevity products will still be moderate or better.

(02-27-2013 2:12 AM)Buzzy78 Wrote:  Yes been wondering to order some stuff from them too.. Perfume oil seems like a good alternative for cologne. TFS oils are some of the more expensive out there, but also some of the best. Read great reports about them. You can get a 5 sample order for 30$ from them that comes with a discount code for 30 $ on your next order. Its a safe way to try out some scents you like and see if they really do smell like the original and have some testing with them. You basicly only pay the shipping costs for the sample pack if you end up ordering any of their products afterwards.

Cheers,

Buzzy

Thank you for that Buzzy. I want to test some things I cant afford, Tom Ford is on that list.

In your experience, is the sillage great on any of them?

I know, I keep asking questions which odds are a good search will find me.

90% of my posts are from my phone on the fly.
02-27-2013 2:55 AM
lostlibra74
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 50
Thanks received:
257 thanks in 149 posts

02-27-2013 8:39 AM

I have enjoyed the TFS oils I've used a great deal. A good way to save money is to get the dry body oil. It's a huge bottle, and if you only use it on app points it will last forever. Using it on app points before you pheroload will extend the life of your phero's by hours, too. The most compliments I've ever gotten on my scent came when layering the body oil with a drop or two of the fragrance oil. I've mostly used their Armani Code type and love it, but also have Aventus and Kouros types as well.

The sample product is a great way to find a scent you like, and then use the discount to load up on that. Even their smallest fragrance oil product can last ages, as it doesn't take more than a drop or two to have you in business.
Oh, if you're a fan of Steve's pepper nutmeg, it goes brilliantly with the Armani Code oils.

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Here-goes-n...lpha-libra

Chemlab:
Acqua Vitae
Evolve
Nude Alpha Sample
Alpha Maschio Sample
Lucky 7 sample
Odyssey sample
L2K
A1

On the way:
Wolf
(This post was last modified: 02-27-2013 8:40 AM by lostlibra74.)
02-27-2013 8:39 AM
Thanks given by Pheroman, dorfmeister

Sptsmed
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 92
Thanks received:
762 thanks in 283 posts

02-27-2013 8:50 AM

They smell pretty close, at least the few I tried, but they do not project anywhere close to what the original does even with the addition of ETOH to them. Not a bad purchase, but do not expect wonders from them. Now if you are just looking for application point fragrance that last a decent amount of time, then they are your ticket for sure. Tom Ford, Clive Christian, Creed and a few other high priced products are that for a reason.
02-27-2013 8:50 AM
Thanks given by Pheroman
Buzzy78
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
794 thanks in 355 posts

03-16-2013 12:58 AM

Hey guys,

Well i recently bought the sample pack and been testing the ones i got. I just smeared out a drop on the back of my hand to see how long it would last and how it would compare to the original. (some scents i have/had the originals, others i didn't)

The longitivity of the frangrance is good to excelent. From first application upto 8 hours the smell are at their strongest. Then it seems to die out slowly, but you can smell it on the application points up untill 12+ hours.

The sillage is not as strong as their original alcohol cousins, but thats to be expected. The scent is limited to your own private space and leaves a bit of a trail when you walk arround. (like advertised)

I wonder if you would mix it with perfumers alcohol on lets say a 30/70 ratio. It would greatly improve sillage but hurt the longitivity. Who really needs their cologne to smell 12 hours anyway. If i would get a solid 6-7 hours of good smell/sillage i would be very happy.. Since there's 2 frangrances i don't really like that much, I'll probably use these to test it out and see what happens.. I have some 2ml tester sprays that are perfect for it! I'll report back when i've done some testing with them.

Anyway, here's my report on the frangrances samples i ordered:

Sample 1: Fierce for men by Abercrombie & Fitch type
Ok i have the original cologne and I love it. Mmmm oh yes, it's Fierce allright! The oil version from the frangrance shop smells about 98% the same. It doesn't overwhelm as much as the alcohol version when first applied and seems to have more depth to it.

Sample 2: Green Irish Tweed for men by Creed type
I've heard and read so much about Creed and especially Green Irish Tweed, that i had to order it. I don't have the original, so i can't compare it. It's a very fresh aquatic fragrance that smells like an improved version of Cool Water by Davidoff. I think 80% of people will generally think it's cool water when smelling it. It's nice, but why people would pay so much more for something that is so simular to cool water i don't understand! I think this one is great for summer use!

Sample 3: Aventus for men by Creed type
Well i didn't have this one yet, but i wanted to test it because of all of the hype arround the Creed colognes. I can't tell you how it compares to the original since i don't have it. To me it smells fresh and nice, but nothing so special that it would justify the high price of the original. Green irish tweed is more aquatic then this one. I would say GIT is more of a day cologne and this more of a evening cologne.

Sample 4: Silver Mountain Water for men by Creed type
Another one of the Creed's i wanted to try. I can't tell you how it compares to the original since i don't have it. This one i don't like that much. It has something in it that i just don't like personally. Again i don't find the smell anything that would justify its high price (original).

Sample 5: Kenzo for men by Kenzo type
This one i used to have. I would love the oriental like smell, but the version from the frangrance shop is in my eyes only about 80% the correct scent. It seems to be missing what i can only describe as some sort of chemical smell that is present in the original. Also in the version of the fragrance shop, there seems to be a quite strong smell of mint that is not present so hard in the original. It's an ok smell, but i would not consider buying their version of Kenzo.

Out of all of these i would consider buying 3. In order that i like them:

1) Fierce by abercrombie & fitch
2) Green Irish TwAventus for men by Creed
3) Aventus by Creed

Kenzo just wan't close enough to the original for me and Silver Mountain Water had a smell to it i just don't like.

Cheers,

Buzzy

My bag of goodies:
Hax: Wingman black label, 9+0, Wingman element 7, Wingman element 9, Wingman C4 oil, Wingman 512 oil, Wingman X22 oil
03-16-2013 12:58 AM
Thanks given by D_Darko
Buzzy78
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
794 thanks in 355 posts

03-16-2013 4:10 AM

Oh i just checked their website.. they have a 35% discount now! Might have to take advantage!

Quote:Swing Into Spring - 35% Off Everything. No code necessary, just shop & save
Sale Ends in 4 days, 15 hours, 51 mins

My bag of goodies:
03-16-2013 4:10 AM
dorfmeister
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 435
Thanks received:
158 thanks in 130 posts

02-26-2016 1:50 PM

(02-27-2013 8:39 AM)lostlibra74 Wrote:  I have enjoyed the TFS oils I've used a great deal. A good way to save money is to get the dry body oil. It's a huge bottle, and if you only use it on app points it will last forever. Using it on app points before you pheroload will extend the life of your phero's by hours, too. The most compliments I've ever gotten on my scent came when layering the body oil with a drop or two of the fragrance oil. I've mostly used their Armani Code type and love it, but also have Aventus and Kouros types as well.

The sample product is a great way to find a scent you like, and then use the discount to load up on that. Even their smallest fragrance oil product can last ages, as it doesn't take more than a drop or two to have you in business.
Oh, if you're a fan of Steve's pepper nutmeg, it goes brilliantly with the Armani Code oils.

I am really curious about this. I am figuring the dry body oil would work fine over some faux Molecule 01 (Iso E Super) and before the oil based scents and pheromones get applied.

Intense.
(This post was last modified: 02-26-2016 1:51 PM by dorfmeister.)
02-26-2016 1:50 PM
Thanks given by Snoopyace

Snoopyace

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 2777
Thanks received:
3736 thanks in 1600 posts

02-26-2016 2:35 PM

(02-26-2016 1:50 PM)dorfmeister Wrote:  I am really curious about this. I am figuring the dry body oil would work fine over some faux Molecule 01 (Iso E Super) and before the oil based scents and pheromones get applied.

Sounds like a good experiment. I was thinking of ordering the dry body oil to see how that worked. It will be a bit before I pull the trigger, however. If you decide to try this I'll be looking forward to finding out how well it works.

"The bill comes due. Always!" To take umbrage

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Razz
02-26-2016 2:35 PM
Thanks given by dorfmeister

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up The Fragrance Shop- Bois du Portugal type Snoopyace 0 80 08-02-2017 9:18 PM
Last Post: Snoopyace
  The Fragrance Shop dorfmeister 32 4,566 07-16-2017 9:33 PM
Thumbs Up Vetiver Type by The Fragrance Shop Snoopyace 4 274 06-30-2017 8:48 AM
  Fragrance Shop Sale BarefootOxford 6 1,206 06-10-2017 1:56 PM
Last Post: DataDragon
Thumbs Up The Fragrance Shop Scent Reproductions... Snoopyace 24 3,249 08-03-2016 8:20 AM