Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Fragrance Shop Scent Reproductions...
Snoopyace

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 2677
Thanks received:
3581 thanks in 1573 posts

Thumbs Up The Fragrance Shop Scent Reproductions...
06-08-2016 2:30 PM

I recently had the Fragrance Shop do a scent reproduction of Dirty English because I like the scent and also so does everyone around me. It isn't remotely a refined scent but I am not wearing it because it is a quality niche scent (although I do have my share of those as well). I was not a fan of longevity of the original and I prefer an oil based carrier so I gave it a shot. TFS nailed the scent. Especially the dry down which is my favorite part.

I highly recommend their scent reproduction service. They go out of their way to make sure they get the scent to your specifications. It isn't cheap but totally worth it (at least for me it was). First, I sent them a sample of the scent I wanted replicated. Then they sent a sample vial of 'Sample 1' and the scent strength was so weak that I wasn't able to smell it after 15 minutes on my arm. I was frustrated to say the least.

I sent them an email and they asked me to wait a week and try my sample again. Then out of the blue four days later, I received 3 more sample vials to test out in addition to the first one. These were sample 2, 3 and 4. After letting the first one sit the requisite week I found that it was exactly what I was looking for. The rest of the samples were varying degrees of off. Some were close to what I wanted, one was nothing like it.

Once I decided that the sample met my specifications (ie it smelled like the original alcohol based scent) I then went to a separate spot on the website and ordered my 1/4 oz vial at the regular price and have my Dirty English scent. It lasts all day instead of 3 hours at best.

If you have a scent that you want done in oil or that you can't find anymore yet have a small sample of, you can go here and they'll make it happen for you but be mindful that it isn't cheap. A scent has to be something special to you before you'll want to commit the money to getting the replication.

For anyone who is a fan of Xeryus Rouge, I almost replicated that scent but found an original TFS fragrance called Ascot Red that is a reasonable approximation. It lacks some of the depth of the original but quite honestly, I get just as many compliments on Ascot Red from people who don't know any better so I'm going to stick with that.

"The bill comes due. Always!" To take umbrage

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Razz
(This post was last modified: 06-08-2016 2:33 PM by Snoopyace.)
06-08-2016 2:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by ak4d4

ak4d4
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 285
Thanks received:
305 thanks in 185 posts

RE: The Fragrance Shop Scent Reproductions...
06-08-2016 8:37 PM

Dude! That is so cool! ! Price wise, are we talking middle to upper double digits? $50-99

~Arsenal~
Alpha Dream: Glace, AM.

APEX: Core, Imprint, Pretoria sample

LAL : AV, Nude, NA, DP, Wolf and 2mg Androstadienone.

Love Scent: Alter Ego sample, Chikara sample

TruePheromones: TL oil, Cops.

PXS: A.C.E, Xist, Taboo, Odyssey, XS106b, Cohesian Oil, Love Boat sample, Flirt sample.

Fragrantica profile:

Journal : http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Ak4d4-presents-The-Journey
06-08-2016 8:37 PM
Snoopyace

Rep Post

Thanks received:

06-08-2016 8:46 PM

(06-08-2016 8:37 PM)ak4d4 Wrote:  Dude! That is so cool! ! Price wise, are we talking middle to upper double digits? $50-99

It's $60 for the initial replication fee and then from there, after you are happy with what they've replicated you can go in and order whatever products you want in that scent. Everything from the scent oil to the bath and body items all with your chosen scent. I got the 1/4 oz oil ($58) and a body lotion ($9.95) in Dirty English scent. Not cheap but for me it was really worth it.

06-08-2016 8:46 PM
GoergeFocky
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 143
Thanks received:
522 thanks in 244 posts

06-14-2016 4:00 AM

60$ for a replication is a very fair offer. There are some fragrances I always fantasized about testing in a more concentrated, oil form.

I think I'll have Biotherm's Aquafitness replicated by them, love that one, but it's very weak sadly.
06-14-2016 4:00 AM
Thanks given by Snoopyace
Snoopyace

Rep Post

Thanks received:

06-14-2016 6:46 AM

One thing I've noticed is that when they make up a new batch just for you, it does take a week or two before the scent has a lot of strong staying power. I think just like any new phero blend, letting it sit a bit really brings out the strength and longevity of the scent. I'm beyond happy with my replication and I'm sure that you'll enjoy yours as well.

06-14-2016 6:46 AM
Thanks given by Spars

HappyGoSkillfully
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 35
Thanks received:
825 thanks in 364 posts

06-15-2016 8:36 AM

The Fragrance Shop (thefragranceshop.com) is having a 30% off sale until Father's Day. Not sure if reproductions are included. But if you are thinking of ordering, now would make sense. It looks like the Fragrance Outlet is also having a sale. I think they may all the time though.

I have a slew of things I've tried from TFS and I've been pleased so far.
06-15-2016 8:36 AM
lost_summertime
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 127
Thanks received:
67 thanks in 33 posts

06-15-2016 9:28 AM

OMG, i must to try this shop, does anyone knows if their Creed Aventus is like an old smoky Aventus was prior 2014 year batches? (interested in GIT also).
(This post was last modified: 06-15-2016 9:31 AM by lost_summertime.)
06-15-2016 9:28 AM
Snoopyace

Rep Post

Thanks received:

06-15-2016 9:33 AM

(06-15-2016 8:36 AM)HappyGoSkillfully Wrote:  The Fragrance Shop (thefragranceshop.com) is having a 30% off sale until Father's Day. Not sure if reproductions are included. But if you are thinking of ordering, now would make sense. It looks like the Fragrance Outlet is also having a sale. I think they may all the time though.

I have a slew of things I've tried from TFS and I've been pleased so far.

I checked into it and the custom scent replications are not part of the sale. It makes sense though because they do put a lot of effort into those for a single customer. I might use this as an opportunity to try one of their other scents that I might not otherwise try, though.

06-15-2016 9:33 AM
Snoopyace

Rep Post

Thanks received:

06-15-2016 11:13 AM

(06-15-2016 9:28 AM)lost_summertime Wrote:  OMG, i must to try this shop, does anyone knows if their Creed Aventus is like an old smoky Aventus was prior 2014 year batches? (interested in GIT also).

I can't say if it is like one of those batches but it is very strong pineapple at the top and dries down into a great ash/smoke scent.

06-15-2016 11:13 AM
Thanks given by lost_summertime

Snoopyace

Rep Post

Thanks received:

06-15-2016 2:47 PM

(06-15-2016 11:13 AM)Snoopyace Wrote:  I can't say if it is like one of those batches but it is very strong pineapple at the top and dries down into a great ash/smoke scent.

I get a ton of compliments on their take on Aventus.

I got a couple of scents from them in the mail today. One of which is what TFS calls a 'Special Blend' and not a 'Designer Fragrance'. This means it was made by TFS staff and not designed to smell exactly like a designer scent. It was called Himalaya and it reminds me almost exactly of Creed's Himalaya scent. A bottle of which I happen to have lying around. The drydown especially reminds me a lot of Creed Himalaya. Very unisex but not girly and it smells very nicely inoffensive.

In the same vein of almost exact but not quite is the special blend scent Ascot Red. It is really close to Xeryus Rouge. So close that a few people complimented me thinking that I was wearing Xeryus Rouge.

06-15-2016 2:47 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Fragrance Shop dorfmeister 33 4,162 07-17-2017 10:40 AM
Last Post: Muad'Dib
Thumbs Up Vetiver Type by The Fragrance Shop Snoopyace 4 196 06-30-2017 8:48 AM
Last Post: Snoopyace
  Fragrance Shop Sale BarefootOxford 6 1,051 06-10-2017 1:56 PM