Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Fragrance Shop Scent Reproductions...
Snoopyace

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 2488
Thanks received:
3426 thanks in 1511 posts

RE: The Fragrance Shop Scent Reproductions...
07-29-2016 3:18 PM

(07-29-2016 11:31 AM)lost_summertime Wrote:  but i wanted to ask about the dosage:
i dab at my neck and wrists a few times. i do not know it is much or no, but i can smell mostly only myself.
maybe i should use a bulb dropper and apply 1-2-3 drops?

also Erolfa and Royal Oud are very nice scents. but Millesime Imperial and Virgin Island Water ladies said does not smell "like me". maybe it depends on my skin i do not know.. for myself it is ok, but others say it is nothing to rave about..

AND

Silver Mountain Water was the biggest favorite scent.. when i smelled it at the perfume shop and used it on me a couple times.. i ordered a bigger bottle from TFS. but sadly Oil did not work.. ladies say it is not me again.. Sad

it is very hard with fragrances.. but when you find a good one you know it Smile

Below is the link to a video that TFS puts out showing how to wear their oils. I use that as a general guide but to be honest, I wear a lot more than they suggest. I use the same application points but I just put on a lot more of it. I do find that when I'm first putting on my cologne that I feel like I'm swimming in the scent but that dries down pretty quickly and I don't feel that way anymore.

I LOVE the scent of Royal Oud. I haven't tried TFS's version of Erolfa yet but I do like the original. Have you tried Vetiver from TFS? It is a replication of a creed scent and smells very clean and green. Women generally seem to like it but a little goes a long way.

I run into the same thing you do where at times I have the women around me tell me that a cologne doesn't smell like something they would associate with me wearing. It is definitely challenging to find a scent that works well enough to be considered a 'signature' scent. That's one of the reasons I like TFS. The sample vials are inexpensive enough to buy several and try them out. I also like trying a scent by buying the body spritz before buying the big bottles of oil.

"The bill comes due. Always!" To take umbrage

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Razz
07-29-2016 3:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

HappyGoSkillfully
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 35
Thanks received:
768 thanks in 340 posts

08-03-2016 8:00 AM

I have the Royal Oud oil from TFS and I compared it to the Royal Oud sample that I got from Creed while in Paris...
...spot on if you like Creed's Royal Oud.
08-03-2016 8:00 AM
Snoopyace

Rep Post

Thanks received:

08-03-2016 8:05 AM

(08-03-2016 8:00 AM)HappyGoSkillfully Wrote:  I have the Royal Oud oil from TFS and I compared it to the Royal Oud sample that I got from Creed while in Paris...
...spot on if you like Creed's Royal Oud.

That is great to know! I have a sample of the TFS Royal Oud that I really like. I'm glad they nailed the reproduction.

08-03-2016 8:05 AM
HappyGoSkillfully
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 35
Thanks received:
768 thanks in 340 posts

08-03-2016 8:14 AM

Snoopyace,

As I stated before, I bought the Bois du Portugal while in Paris. Amazing scent to me!
But the other one aside from Silver Mountain Water (that I know I already love) that I kind of fell in love with was Virgin Island Water.

Have you tried the TFS version of VIW? If so, what's your take on it. I'm considering trying out the body spritz spiked with three of the oil vials that a poster above wrote about (sorry, not looking at that page and can't remember who it was).

If I do, I'm going to get it pretty quick while it's still Summer!
08-03-2016 8:14 AM
Snoopyace

Rep Post

Thanks received:

08-03-2016 8:20 AM

(08-03-2016 8:14 AM)HappyGoSkillfully Wrote:  Snoopyace,

As I stated before, I bought the Bois du Portugal while in Paris. Amazing scent to me!
But the other one aside from Silver Mountain Water (that I know I already love) that I kind of fell in love with was Virgin Island Water.

Have you tried the TFS version of VIW? If so, what's your take on it. I'm considering trying out the body spritz spiked with three of the oil vials that a poster above wrote about (sorry, not looking at that page and can't remember who it was).

If I do, I'm going to get it pretty quick while it's still Summer!

The VIW actually smells very close to the original. It is slightly off but I think that is due to the oil carrier instead of alcohol. Short answer: it smells VERY good! I also like their new reproduction of Vetiver by Creed. Smells fantastic!

08-03-2016 8:20 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fragrance Shop Sale BarefootOxford 6 891 06-10-2017 1:56 PM
Last Post: DataDragon
Thumbs Up Vetiver Type by The Fragrance Shop Snoopyace 2 103 06-09-2017 9:02 AM
Last Post: Snoopyace
  The Fragrance Shop dorfmeister 26 3,730 12-05-2016 7:03 AM