Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Recommend me a cologne please
Justint420
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks received:
2 thanks in 2 posts

Recommend me a cologne please
09-19-2012 9:09 PM

My favorite smelling cologne is Fierce by Abercrombie. As a 26 yr. old, professional man, I feel a little weird wearing it since so many teen guys wear it. I bought some various cologne oils from Hayward enterprises, I will give my opinion of each below so maybe you can help recommend something I haven't tried that I would like. I am looking for something that gets compliments and attracts women. Also keep in mind I have never smelled the originals of any of these, only the Hayward versions.

I will rate on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best. (I would rate Fierce a 10.)

Bond No. 9 NEW HAARLEM (unisex) type -- 6 (haven't wore yet)
Chanel ALLURE (men) type -- 6
Chanel ALLURE SPORT (men) type -- 6
1 MILLION (men)-Paco Rabanne type -- 7
AVENTUS (men)-Creed type -- 5
Dolce & Gabbana THE ONE (men) type -- 6
Dolce & Gabbana THE ONE SPORT (men) type -- 1
Millesime Imperial (men)-Creed type -- 1
Diesel ONLY THE BRAVE (men)-Diesel type -- 2
Chanel EGOISTE PLATINUM (men) type -- 4
(This post was last modified: 09-19-2012 9:11 PM by Justint420.)
09-19-2012 9:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

LL21
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 893
Thanks received:
1078 thanks in 450 posts

RE: Recommend me a cologne please
09-19-2012 10:30 PM

What type of scent are you looking for though. Fruity? Spicy? Sweet? Musky? there are soo many options. I don't know what 1 million by PR smells like or Fierce by Abercrombie. You should go to a mall and get samples of some of the real fragrances. Is Fierce one of the perfumes that Abercrombie uses like Glade pluggins because I usually gag in those stores.

Fear is the greatest obstacle to learning but fear is your best friend. Fear is like fire, if you learn to control it, you let it work for you: it can warm you in the winter, give you light when you are in the dark, and produce energy. If you don’t control it, it’ll destroy you and everything around you.You must understand Fear so you can manipulate it, because if you don’t you won’t be able to achieve your objective or save your life. - Cus D'Amato (The trainer that made Mike Tyson a Champion)
09-19-2012 10:30 PM
DGamer
Player of the Game

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 524
Thanks received:
687 thanks in 279 posts

09-20-2012 3:35 AM

If you like Fierce, I think you should wear it.

My personal favorites are:
Terre d'Hermes by Hermes
Acqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani
L'Homme by YSL

Compendium still under construction, no ETA
09-20-2012 3:35 AM
Thanks given by doctordonald
Steel
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks received:
11 thanks in 9 posts

01-02-2013 7:58 PM

While I know pretty much nothing about pheromones (working on that) I was pleased to see that there's a fragrance section here. Fragrances became a bit of a hobby for me along with wet shaving last year. So...

Based on your 2nd choice of 1 million, I'd recommend giving yourself a spray of A*Men/Angel Men next time you have the opportunity.
Like 1 million it's a bit of a younger guy's fragrance, and both are sweet cotton candyish gourmand fragrances, at least to my nose. Also like 1 million, it gets compliments from the ladies but I'm not certain if it gets more compliments.

The reviews on 1 million:

Some suggestions, just my two cents:
-try the real thing, especially if you're planning on committing to a bottle of something. Someone's approximation of a given fragrance won't be the same as the real thing.

-try the real thing, part 2: whether through a spray on your wrist at the department store or by obtaining samples for yourself. This will also give you a chance to see how the fragrance develops on your skin, how long it lasts etc. None of this is possible by smelling a strip of paper or a bottle cap in the store. Buying a fragrance without knowing how it will behave is called a 'blind buy' and is a gamble. Out of 30 or 40 fragrances I try, I may only like 1 enough to want to buy.

-fragrances are a bit like clothes and perhaps based on the tiny bit I've read, like pheromones. A fragrance which is good in one situation isn't necessarily good in another. Granted, some are versatile but others will smell stuffy and old mannish in a club or too clubby in a boardroom. Knowing where you intend to wear it is important.

-sample, sample, sample. If you want to geek out like me, keep a little scent journal for yourself. It needn't even cost you much. Give yourself a spray at the mall and then jot down what you think initially, after a few hours etc.

I've tried on both 1 million and A*men and liked them both. Not serious enough for my office, but they both have 'play time' written all over them. I preferred A*men a little more, but both have that sweetness that the girls seem to like and both remind me of an old scent called 'Pancaldi'. I almost bought A*men at an airport in Dec, but for me this is a markedly different fragrance than most of what I have for wearing during the work week.

If you have the chance, try out 'Spice Bomb'. It's very different from 1 million, but for a mainstream non-niche fragrance has earned great reviews. FWIW I was surprised with it in a positive way.

If you want to throw down a little more money and get into niche fragrances, try out Creed's 'Green Irish Tweed'. Not for me, but it gets great reviews as a no-brainer, versatile fragrance that females like. I had a sample and can attest that the ladies do like it. A little more serious a scent than 1 million and A*men.

Aventus is catnip, but it's pricey. Musc ravageur is gorgeous, pricey and I really don't think it's office appropriate but I know others disagree.

There's a guy on youtube whose videos are worth watching. He's a little over the top which makes it entertaining. I think he has a 'top 10 panty dropper' review. Young asian guy with a radio voice. You'll know when you've found it.

Some of the guys here may have thoughts on their favourites and what blends well with pheromones. I have no idea on that latter question...

Hope this is helpful.
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2013 9:16 PM by Steel.)
01-02-2013 7:58 PM
Thanks given by Alpha360 - Banned
thelimeusa
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks received:
96 thanks in 59 posts

01-03-2013 6:55 AM

(01-02-2013 7:58 PM)Steel Wrote:  While I know pretty much nothing about pheromones (working on that) I was pleased to see that there's a fragrance section here. Fragrances became a bit of a hobby for me along with wet shaving last year. So...

Based on your 2nd choice of 1 million, I'd recommend giving yourself a spray of A*Men/Angel Men next time you have the opportunity.
Like 1 million it's a bit of a younger guy's fragrance, and both are sweet cotton candyish gourmand fragrances, at least to my nose. Also like 1 million, it gets compliments from the ladies but I'm not certain if it gets more compliments.

The reviews on 1 million:

Some suggestions, just my two cents:
-try the real thing, especially if you're planning on committing to a bottle of something. Someone's approximation of a given fragrance won't be the same as the real thing.

-try the real thing, part 2: whether through a spray on your wrist at the department store or by obtaining samples for yourself. This will also give you a chance to see how the fragrance develops on your skin, how long it lasts etc. None of this is possible by smelling a strip of paper or a bottle cap in the store. Buying a fragrance without knowing how it will behave is called a 'blind buy' and is a gamble. Out of 30 or 40 fragrances I try, I may only like 1 enough to want to buy.

-fragrances are a bit like clothes and perhaps based on the tiny bit I've read, like pheromones. A fragrance which is good in one situation isn't necessarily good in another. Granted, some are versatile but others will smell stuffy and old mannish in a club or too clubby in a boardroom. Knowing where you intend to wear it is important.

-sample, sample, sample. If you want to geek out like me, keep a little scent journal for yourself. It needn't even cost you much. Give yourself a spray at the mall and then jot down what you think initially, after a few hours etc.

I've tried on both 1 million and A*men and liked them both. Not serious enough for my office, but they both have 'play time' written all over them. I preferred A*men a little more, but both have that sweetness that the girls seem to like and both remind me of an old scent called 'Pancaldi'. I almost bought A*men at an airport in Dec, but for me this is a markedly different fragrance than most of what I have for wearing during the work week.

If you have the chance, try out 'Spice Bomb'. It's very different from 1 million, but for a mainstream non-niche fragrance has earned great reviews. FWIW I was surprised with it in a positive way.

If you want to throw down a little more money and get into niche fragrances, try out Creed's 'Green Irish Tweed'. Not for me, but it gets great reviews as a no-brainer, versatile fragrance that females like. I had a sample and can attest that the ladies do like it. A little more serious a scent than 1 million and A*men.

Aventus is catnip, but it's pricey. Musc ravageur is gorgeous, pricey and I really don't think it's office appropriate but I know others disagree.

There's a guy on youtube whose videos are worth watching. He's a little over the top which makes it entertaining. I think he has a 'top 10 panty dropper' review. Young asian guy with a radio voice. You'll know when you've found it.

Some of the guys here may have thoughts on their favourites and what blends well with pheromones. I have no idea on that latter question...

Hope this is helpful.

What would you recommend for a 49 year old wearing Corpo? I only have Acqua di Gio at the moment.

48 Yr. Old Brit. trolling deep South Texas

Current Collection:

A.V., N.P.A. Wolf and Corporativo
Scent of Eros & Glace
Androstadienone
01-03-2013 6:55 AM

Steel
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks received:
11 thanks in 9 posts

01-03-2013 8:25 AM

Acqua di Gio is a modern aquatic which the ladies seem to like. I'm not fond of it, but luckily you don't have to date me.

Just based on your age and that you choose Corporativo, maybe look into some of the more mature/serious smelling fragrances. In this vein, and with a British background maybe take a peek at a company like Penhaligon's: Opus 1870 for work and Endymion for night. These aren't aquatics so you might not like them. Creed's Millesime Imperial is also very classy. In a hot environment like Texas a Vetiver would potentially be nice or maybe another one with a British feel, Royall Lyme. No idea how some of these would pair with Pheromones or if there's even any possibility of interference between something like a citrus oil in Royall Lyme and the Pheromones.

I took a stab with Justin because I had tried a few of the fragrances. Beyond the above, best I could say would be to start trying out samples/free sprays and see what works for you. Sometimes what we want to work for us, just doesn't. I really wanted Floris 89 (another great British house) to work for me. It didn't. I smelled like 'grandma's sweater drawer' in my mind.

Having read over some of the other posts in this section there are some fragrance hounds who know more than I. They could probably also offer some even more informed suggestions.
01-03-2013 8:25 AM
Buzzy78
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 406
Thanks received:
794 thanks in 355 posts

01-03-2013 10:09 AM

Hey steel,

Im also somewhat of a cologne addict :-) If you like spice bomb, try the new Dior sport 2012. Also a somewhat spicy cent, but still very fresh.. i use it as my office winter cologne and people comment me about how nice it smells all the time :-)

Another one i picked up recently is Calvin klein encounter.. also nice for office wear, but i would'nt buy it again tbh. But then colognes are very personal.

My favourite to date is Fierce by Abercrombie & fitch.. and since its not at all mainstream here and more difficult to get a hold of in europe, there aint many people wearing it Big Grin

For thelimeusa, for winter wear, a very popular one is fahrenheit by dior.. it's not recent (and because of that not too many people still use it), but has passed the test of time and i believe they brought out new versions of it. Another winner that girls tend to love is Jean Paul Gaultier "le male". Somewhat of a sweet smell, but girls will keep comming to you to smell it Big Grin

If you like something somewhat more fresh, try out Kenzo's "eau indigo" for men. Its fresh, but a very special scent like only Kenzo can make them ;-)

Hope it helps Big Grin

My journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-And-so-it-begins
New to pheromones? =>>> http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-equation

My bag of goodies:
Alpha Dream: Alpha Mascio, Certo, Corporativo, Glace
Pheroxs: Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, Blizz, Flirt, Connections, Vibe, Domination
Hax: Wingman black label, 9+0, Wingman element 7, Wingman element 9, Wingman C4 oil, Wingman 512 oil, Wingman X22 oil
New Hax: Pherocide, Holy grail, Element x, Alien, Black ops, Ladykiller
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive, Alpha 7, Impi red dot
Other: Scent of Eros, Erox,
01-03-2013 10:09 AM
thelimeusa
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
96 thanks in 59 posts

01-03-2013 4:43 PM

Thanks for the great responses Steel and Buzzy78. I was reading about Dior Homme Intense. Do you think that would be a good cover for the Corpo?

Current Collection:

Scent of Eros & Glace
Androstadienone
01-03-2013 4:43 PM
Thanks given by Buzzy78
Steel
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks received:
11 thanks in 9 posts

01-03-2013 6:28 PM

(01-03-2013 4:43 PM)thelimeusa Wrote:  Thanks for the great responses Steel and Buzzy78. I was reading about Dior Homme Intense. Do you think that would be a good cover for the Corpo?

That question is out of my league:
-not familiar with that particular fragrance,
-almost no experience in using frags as covers for Pheromones.

It's a non-answer but wanted to let you know why I couldn't answer.

My frag tastes tend to be a little old school, and I'm also still exploring.

Perhaps your best bet would be to hit a mall/drugstore etc and try it out as a cover. You'll know how it works with your skin with certainty that way.
01-03-2013 6:28 PM

thelimeusa
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
96 thanks in 59 posts

01-03-2013 6:33 PM

There are some YouTube recommendations for it.

Current Collection:

Scent of Eros & Glace
Androstadienone
01-03-2013 6:33 PM

Share This Thread