Hello There, Guest! Register

2 users browsing this thread: (0 members, and 2 guests).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Recommend me a cologne please
Steel
Getting comfortable

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks received:
11 thanks in 9 posts

RE: Recommend me a cologne please
01-03-2013 6:37 PM

(01-03-2013 10:09 AM)Buzzy78 Wrote:  My favourite to date is Fierce by Abercrombie & fitch.. and since its not at all mainstream here and more difficult to get a hold of in europe, there aint many people wearing it Big Grin

Wow, another vote for Fierce as their #1 pick. I'll have to try to track some down and give it a spin. I'm definitely curious now. Thanks for the tip on that one.

There is something to be said for not smelling exactly like everyone else. I have Tabac and 4711 on my shelf which are cheap and common in Europe but not typically available in most stores here. You've found Fierce which sounds a good deal more pricey, but I imagine is in stores here. So it goes...
01-03-2013 6:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
el-hombre-del-fuego
Biggie

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 320
Thanks received:
315 thanks in 115 posts

01-03-2013 8:27 PM

Have any of you guys tried Aramis by Aramis, it smells amazing and huge range. It can be worn by older or younger men. Aramis acts like a pheromone on nits own even though its a fragrance. you get a lot of respect from men and women love the smell. First hand experience. Its a very Alpha musky type scent.

My Journal : http://pherotruth.com/Thread-From-Rags-To-Riches
Arsenal:
Alpha-dream: FB glacé , Alfa-maschio black spice, Alfa-maschio leather and Steele , regular glacé, l2k and a sample of corporativo and Androstadienone
Liquid Alchemy Labs: Aqua Vitae scented, wolf scented
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive

Training1 "Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility." Training1
01-03-2013 8:27 PM
Thanks given by fero-man
Steel
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks received:
11 thanks in 9 posts

01-08-2013 7:50 PM

(01-03-2013 10:09 AM)Buzzy78 Wrote:  Hey steel,
My favourite to date is Fierce by Abercrombie & fitch.. and since its not at all mainstream here and more difficult to get a hold of in europe, there aint many people wearing it Big Grin

Apparently it's tougher to track down here than I thought. Woman at the fragrance counter tonight said someone else had just asked about it as well, but that it's only available at the A&F store's themselves. I checked and there's a lot on eBay, but I like to sample first. It'll be March before I'm near an A&F store.

(01-03-2013 8:27 PM)el-hombre-del-fuego Wrote:  Have any of you guys tried Aramis by Aramis,

I think way back in the day I tried this. Kind of a heavy 1980's masculine feel? I'd need to try it again it's been so long.
01-08-2013 7:50 PM

Buzzy78
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 406
Thanks received:
794 thanks in 355 posts

01-08-2013 8:23 PM

Hey Steel,

Quote:Apparently it's tougher to track down here than I thought. Woman at the fragrance counter tonight said someone else had just asked about it as well, but that it's only available at the A&F store's themselves. I checked and there's a lot on eBay, but I like to sample first. It'll be March before I'm near an A&F store.

The ebay ones are probably fakes/knock offs.. Its possible that there are some originals there, but its quite a risk. And ive heard reports of fake ones not smelling nearly as nice.. If you really want it, you should buy a "sure original" at an A&F store or order it through their website.

I don't know where you live, but if its really hard for you to get to an A&F store, i could fill a 5ml tester with some fierce and sent it to ya in the post. (Im from Europe) That way you can order it online trough their store if you like it and you will at least know what youre buying before you do so. Smile

Pm me if needed. If your fast i might be able to make it happen before going on holiday (leaving tomorrow for 15 days)

My journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-And-so-it-begins
New to pheromones? =>>> http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-equation

My bag of goodies:
Alpha Dream: Alpha Mascio, Certo, Corporativo, Glace
Pheroxs: Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, Blizz, Flirt, Connections, Vibe, Domination
Hax: Wingman black label, 9+0, Wingman element 7, Wingman element 9, Wingman C4 oil, Wingman 512 oil, Wingman X22 oil
New Hax: Pherocide, Holy grail, Element x, Alien, Black ops, Ladykiller
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive, Alpha 7, Impi red dot
Other: Scent of Eros, Erox,
01-08-2013 8:23 PM
Steel
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks received:
11 thanks in 9 posts

01-08-2013 8:48 PM

(01-08-2013 8:23 PM)Buzzy78 Wrote:  Hey Steel,

The ebay ones are probably fakes/knock offs.. Its possible that there are some originals there, but its quite a risk. And ive heard reports of fake ones not smelling nearly as nice.. If you really want it, you should buy a "sure original" at an A&F store or order it through their website.

I don't know where you live, but if its really hard for you to get to an A&F store, i could fill a 5ml tester with some fierce and sent it to ya in the post. (Im from Europe) That way you can order it online trough their store if you like it and you will at least know what youre buying before you do so. Smile

Pm me if needed. If your fast i might be able to make it happen before going on holiday (leaving tomorrow for 15 days)

Hey!
Wow, appreciate the offer! If my March trip falls through I may want to see if I can follow up with you on that. In the meantime, I've got enough scents to keep me occupied for another month or two. Been sampling a new one this week and tried another two at the dept store tonight where I was looking for Fierce (re-tried A*men once more and Issey Miyake's L'eau d'Issey on the other wrist). I must look a little odd walking through the mall, periodically sniffing my own wrists...

Yeah, eBay is risky for scents. Fragrances are one of the products that people love to counterfeit. I saw that I can order in Canada direct from A&F, so that's a plus.

Enjoy your holidays and be nice to the Euro-babes!Good
01-08-2013 8:48 PM
latorrin82
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 64
Thanks received:
270 thanks in 99 posts

01-22-2013 9:06 AM

Hugo by Hugo Boss. Try a sample at Sephora. Nobody seems to wear it, and it is a 10/10 on my scale, and I would say 1 million is a 7-8 for me. It also doesn't hit the wallet as hard. Ladies always ask me what I am wearing, and it also seems to help get my mones out there too. And 1-2 sprays last about 7-9 hrs, so it's great as a cover scent.
01-22-2013 9:06 AM
thisguy
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks received:
25 thanks in 19 posts

06-26-2013 8:55 PM

I'd recommend A&F Fierce, lots of people may wear it... but they wear it for a reason.
06-26-2013 8:55 PM

Albion9
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks received:
80 thanks in 44 posts

06-27-2013 6:43 AM

Aramis is a classic and very good. Cool Water is similar to GIT...they were both created by the same person. Chanel Platinum Egoiste is great...as well as regular Egoiste. Antaeus by Chanel is manly!...go easy. Drakkar Noir is also very popular with the ladies. So is Obsession. Azzaro and Chrome by Azzaro are both good. Issey Miyake is popular with younger ladies...as is Hanae Mori, which is similar but more sweetish/gourmand. I'm 50 yrs old so some of these might not be to your liking, but they are all classics that have stood the test of time. Around here, Fierce is considered a high school/frat boy scent. The original Curve is similar and well liked by the younger crowd. Now Kouros is like a pheromone in a way...but go easy! It will cover mones good and lasts all d.ay. It can be polarizing...you either love it or you hate it, but with the right application its magic! You would probably like the Platinum Egoiste, Issy Miyake, Chrome and Cool Water and all 4 are good for summer....but work just as well year round. More than one lady has expressed they like Cool Water on a man with a bit of clean/fresh sweat. Your results may vary so try as many as you can. Sephora is good about samples so try them on your skin and not just a test strip.
06-27-2013 6:43 AM
Albion9
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
80 thanks in 44 posts

06-27-2013 7:00 AM

Oh, I have tried oils from other places and its my experience that they are nowhere near as complex as the scent they try to copy. Now Kiehls original musk oil is very good for the price and great for layering with some scents to give them some added body and longevity. Just remember, wear what YOU like and what makes YOU feel good while wearing it. Also, take what the sales associates at the counter tell you with a grain of salt. Sometimes, not always, they will be pushing certain frags for monetary purposes. I myself do not like to smell like every other guy out there. Good luck!
06-27-2013 7:00 AM
Albion9
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
80 thanks in 44 posts

06-28-2013 6:37 AM

Fierce has a healthy dose of Iso E Super...48%. Here is a link to another article from Perfume Shrine about this ingredient and it lists others that contain it. Maybe this can help a bit.

06-28-2013 6:37 AM

Share This Thread