Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Recommend me a cologne please
whatupbrah
The Pussy Crook

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 361
Thanks received:
851 thanks in 350 posts

Recommend me a cologne please
07-17-2013 6:07 AM

So many recommend aqua di gio and I honestly dislike the smell. L homme (sp?) is going to become a favorite trust me. 1 million is awesome as well.

I got a sign on my dick "Bad Bitches Only"

My Karma is amazing
07-17-2013 6:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

SS108
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 245
Thanks received:
136 thanks in 91 posts

RE: Recommend me a cologne please
07-17-2013 2:53 PM

I wouldn't wear Fierce anywhere you can expect a crowd that has the least bit of sophistication. (eg everywhere except high school)

1 million makes me sick. Might as well wear Yatagon (Dont do that).

Curious as to which batch of Aventus you smelled. I find it superb. Whereas I really dont care for GIT.

La Nuit De L'Homme by YSL is very nice, as another member suggested.
(01-02-2013 7:58 PM)Steel Wrote:  While I know pretty much nothing about pheromones (working on that) I was pleased to see that there's a fragrance section here. Fragrances became a bit of a hobby for me along with wet shaving last year. So...

Based on your 2nd choice of 1 million, I'd recommend giving yourself a spray of A*Men/Angel Men next time you have the opportunity.
Like 1 million it's a bit of a younger guy's fragrance, and both are sweet cotton candyish gourmand fragrances, at least to my nose. Also like 1 million, it gets compliments from the ladies but I'm not certain if it gets more compliments.

The reviews on 1 million:

Some suggestions, just my two cents:
-try the real thing, especially if you're planning on committing to a bottle of something. Someone's approximation of a given fragrance won't be the same as the real thing.

-try the real thing, part 2: whether through a spray on your wrist at the department store or by obtaining samples for yourself. This will also give you a chance to see how the fragrance develops on your skin, how long it lasts etc. None of this is possible by smelling a strip of paper or a bottle cap in the store. Buying a fragrance without knowing how it will behave is called a 'blind buy' and is a gamble. Out of 30 or 40 fragrances I try, I may only like 1 enough to want to buy.

-fragrances are a bit like clothes and perhaps based on the tiny bit I've read, like pheromones. A fragrance which is good in one situation isn't necessarily good in another. Granted, some are versatile but others will smell stuffy and old mannish in a club or too clubby in a boardroom. Knowing where you intend to wear it is important.

-sample, sample, sample. If you want to geek out like me, keep a little scent journal for yourself. It needn't even cost you much. Give yourself a spray at the mall and then jot down what you think initially, after a few hours etc.

I've tried on both 1 million and A*men and liked them both. Not serious enough for my office, but they both have 'play time' written all over them. I preferred A*men a little more, but both have that sweetness that the girls seem to like and both remind me of an old scent called 'Pancaldi'. I almost bought A*men at an airport in Dec, but for me this is a markedly different fragrance than most of what I have for wearing during the work week.

If you have the chance, try out 'Spice Bomb'. It's very different from 1 million, but for a mainstream non-niche fragrance has earned great reviews. FWIW I was surprised with it in a positive way.

If you want to throw down a little more money and get into niche fragrances, try out Creed's 'Green Irish Tweed'. Not for me, but it gets great reviews as a no-brainer, versatile fragrance that females like. I had a sample and can attest that the ladies do like it. A little more serious a scent than 1 million and A*men.

Aventus is catnip, but it's pricey. Musc ravageur is gorgeous, pricey and I really don't think it's office appropriate but I know others disagree.

There's a guy on youtube whose videos are worth watching. He's a little over the top which makes it entertaining. I think he has a 'top 10 panty dropper' review. Young asian guy with a radio voice. You'll know when you've found it.

Some of the guys here may have thoughts on their favourites and what blends well with pheromones. I have no idea on that latter question...

Hope this is helpful.

Superb advice. Right on the money.

Shhhhhhh! Dont tell anyone about Musc Ravageur! whistle
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2013 5:49 PM by SS108.)
07-17-2013 2:53 PM
Thanks given by ppHamelin
Ozee
Pheromone lab rats

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks received:
127 thanks in 83 posts

09-04-2013 8:46 AM

If you are a fan of woodsy or earthy smell, may I sugget DSQUARED2 HE WOOD. I recently stumble upon it and well, what a pleasant smell. Smell masculinity without overbearing or musky..

Liquid Alchemy Labs
AV
Wolf
Bad Wolf
Dirty Primitive
Nude
Voodoo
SXD-9
Overdose
Possess Alpha
Hypnotica
A1

Pheromone-XS
SOB (Spray)
Bliss
Xist (Oil & Spray)
Dominant Ascend
09-04-2013 8:46 AM
Thanks given by RussianWolf
as33156
Ubermensch

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 11640
Thanks received:
8783 thanks in 2723 posts

09-04-2013 9:03 AM

ADG Laced with Cohesion or NA!

My Journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Nice-guy-to...My-journey

My Survival Course & Thread (GET IT & THRIVE): http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-Modern-...#pid108462

"We can delude ourselves into thinking that ALL WE NEED is one more product, one more seminar, one more "thing" and our lives will be set. But the truth is that our lives are on a continuous path that NEVER peaks. We just keep getting better and better or worse and worse."
09-04-2013 9:03 AM
Liquid_Mind
Heart of a Warrior

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 469
Thanks received:
1071 thanks in 472 posts

09-04-2013 9:12 AM

Joop Go!
09-04-2013 9:12 AM

mankash911
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
2 thanks in 1 posts

09-04-2013 9:15 AM

Blue Of CHANNEL..Cover everything very strong
09-04-2013 9:15 AM
Thanks given by metaltree
COUNSEL
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 43
Thanks received:
57 thanks in 37 posts

09-04-2013 9:31 AM

Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male
09-04-2013 9:31 AM
Ekscentra
Foremost Eccentric

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1963
Thanks received:
2206 thanks in 1285 posts

09-04-2013 6:39 PM

Too many generic, boring designer scents being recommended in this thread. For a much more distinct scent that gets TONS of compliments, look no further than Montale's Black Aoud. 1 spray and you'll be getting 30ft projection no problem. Use with caution, my friend.
09-04-2013 6:39 PM
Thanks given by RussianWolf
Ozee
Pheromone lab rats

Rep Post

Thanks received:
127 thanks in 83 posts

09-04-2013 8:10 PM

(09-04-2013 6:39 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  Too many generic, boring designer scents being recommended in this thread. For a much more distinct scent that gets TONS of compliments, look no further than Montale's Black Aoud. 1 spray and you'll be getting 30ft projection no problem. Use with caution, my friend.

I have tried it. Smell nice but too strong. Not suitable for office and day usage. But for night out, awesome.

Liquid Alchemy Labs
AV
Wolf
Bad Wolf
Dirty Primitive
Nude
Voodoo
SXD-9
Overdose
Possess Alpha
Hypnotica
A1

Pheromone-XS
SOB (Spray)
Bliss
Xist (Oil & Spray)
Dominant Ascend
09-04-2013 8:10 PM

Ekscentra
Foremost Eccentric

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1963
Thanks received:
2206 thanks in 1285 posts

09-05-2013 4:08 AM

(09-04-2013 8:10 PM)Ozee Wrote:  I have tried it. Smell nice but too strong. Not suitable for office and day usage. But for night out, awesome.
I personally am fine using it during the day, but as far as the office, it's complete overkill. I've even heard of people using it outside during the summer with excellent results, but I'm a bit hesitant to try it, to be honest. I'm all for being "cologne guy," but even I have limits as to what I'm willing to wear in public. BA is some strong stuff, that's for sure. P
09-05-2013 4:08 AM

Share This Thread