Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Nootropics
thisguy
Getting comfortable

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks received:
25 thanks in 19 posts

RE: Nootropics
06-25-2013 1:23 PM

I've been taking modafinil for a month or so, I wouldn't classify it as a nootropic. It simply keeps me feeling awake and alert for 4-6 hours without giving me shakes. If you take to much you may feel some anxiety so make sure if you do take some, cut the pills in half.
06-25-2013 1:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1973
Thanks received:
2252 thanks in 1297 posts

11-21-2013 3:24 PM

Just received 500mg of IDRA-21 and PRL-8-53 today. Took ~2mg IDRA-21 sublingually. No scale at the moment, so I can only guess at the true doses for now.

No taste whatsoever, seemed to dissolve after 5 minutes or so, as that's when I started to notice a tingling sensation in my head (right hemisphere, mostly). After about 15 minutes, I felt lifted of the lethargy that had been rendering me useless late in the day. This feeling felt too subtle and distinct to write off as placebo, but there is always that possibility. This wasn't the angry, irritable feeling I get from most stimulants. I would describe it as a calm, laid-back energy. Previously having felt tired, I can hardly feel this lack of mental energy at this point. Well, those are my preliminary thoughts for now. This drug shows tons of potential, and it's pretty clear to me I haven't even scratched the surface yet. I'll be sure to update if I notice anything else. Prior to taking this substance, I was almost entirely unable to function mentally. Now, I'm awake as can be. I'm astounded I was able to type after being in such a miserable condition just a short while ago. Excellent but subtle results so far.
11-21-2013 3:24 PM
Thanks given by thundr
Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks received:

11-21-2013 6:45 PM

Holy shit PRL tastes awful, like paint or something. Very bitter. Numbed my tongue, too. Impatient as I am, I ended up taking both substances in the same day. Guess that makes me the first to combine the two, haha. Hope I don't kill myself with this one. May play some dual n-back if I'm in the mood, compare before and after scores. My working memory is pretty much non-existent, so I doubt these substances could make it any worse. I find I'm incredibly sensitive to all types of substances, so I'm sure the more profound changes will be noticed within the month.

I'm getting a more pronounced tingling sensation from PRL than with IDRA, more a rapid pulse than a slow, subtle throb. It's very pronounced, though not unpleasant. They're definitely doing something, these two, but I'll need to do something more intense in order to find out what this effect might be. Off to do a few n-back games, perhaps.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2013 7:00 PM by Ekscentra.)
11-21-2013 6:45 PM

Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks received:

11-21-2013 7:28 PM

As expected, no significant change in dual n-back scores. Subjectively, I found myself to have a greater ability to concentrate on both letters and positions (I have serious ADD, so focus and concentration are very poor for me, moreso than your average "sufferer"). Real changes should begin taking shape in about a week or so, I'd expect.
11-21-2013 7:28 PM
Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks received:

11-25-2013 12:19 AM

Some more thoughts on IDRA-21:

Mental fatigue seems to take much longer to set in while on this substance. Even after fatigue sets in, I no longer feel the cognitive deficits I normally do. If I choose to remain awake, I can do so without even having to think about it, yet if I decide to sleep, I can do so more easily than when off the substance. This isn't a stimulant, so the comedown should be pretty smooth. With a half-life of 3 days, I still have another 48 hours before the effects fade (I re-dosed the day after taking the first dose).

I'm noticing a constant headache, sometimes unpleasant, often unnoticable unless I think about it.

I've noticed the pain intensifying effect as well. Hot water is now downright painful. Interesting, but not an effect I'd like to continue to experience. I could only imagine going through a car accident on this stuff. Due to the MoA, anesthetics are rendered useless while on this stuff, forcing one to remain awake during surgery. Terrifying stuff indeed.

I'll be testing PRL for now until I get back to school. Nothing too impressive yet, but I'm sure this substance will shine in a different environment.
11-25-2013 12:19 AM
_alex_
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 83
Thanks received:
35 thanks in 26 posts

11-25-2013 10:51 AM

I'm experimenting a lot with nootropics and herbals to, anybody noticed any interaction with mones that should be avoided?
11-25-2013 10:51 AM
Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks received:

11-25-2013 2:59 PM

(11-25-2013 10:51 AM)_alex_ Wrote:  I'm experimenting a lot with nootropics and herbals to, anybody noticed any interaction with mones that should be avoided?

No dangerous interactions as far as I'm aware. It's always healthy to exercise caution, but this really isn't a legitimate cause for concern with what's being put in our food and other such things. It's unlikely that, after over 20 years of pheromone use, not a single person has reported a negative interaction to this day. I highly doubt you have anything to worry about here.

The fact is, we really don't understand exactly what pheromones are doing just yet. If you aren't comfortable in knowing that, don't use them. We're experimenting here without understanding the mechanisms of action by which pheromones work. It's not an exact science at this point. However, in the dosage range we use here, inyeractions are almost impossible, I'm confident in that. Do your research and decide for yourself what to do. There isn't much information out there, but there should at least be enough to convince you of its safety.
11-25-2013 2:59 PM
Thanks given by _alex_

Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks received:

12-05-2013 7:23 AM

IDRA and PRL seem to be cancelling each other out. Will do a wash-out period of about a week and resume testing IDRA. Just taking PRL today, and while I can't seem to notice any effects, the pressure in my head feels more pronounced over using both IDRA and PRL.
12-05-2013 7:23 AM
Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks received:

12-09-2013 3:47 PM

Recklessly decided to combine IDRA with Coluracetam. Got a massive headache with no noted positive effects. Might try a megadose of IDRA this Thursday, ~100mg.
12-09-2013 3:47 PM
_alex_
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 83
Thanks received:
35 thanks in 26 posts

12-10-2013 12:31 AM

(12-09-2013 3:47 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  Recklessly decided to combine IDRA with Coluracetam. Got a massive headache with no noted positive effects. Might try a megadose of IDRA this Thursday, ~100mg.

Headaches on racetam's are usually because lack of Choline or that your adrenals are overworked. If you haven't read around a bit at longecity.org , a lot of info there.

Personally I can't use racetam's because my adrenals are to overworked from stress, you can test this by standing in front of the mirror in the bathroom with the lights out. Use a flashlight and move it from the right side of your head around to the front, but don't point it directly in the eye. You want to look at if your pupil is keeping it's dilation or if it keeps changing in size all the time like it can't focus. If it is changing in size then it is likely you have a stress hormone imbalance which will affect your effects with racetam's.

I stick to natural stuff because of this and since it's also safer. I like to use Theanine, Rhodiola Rosea, Creatine, Turmeric, Ashwagandha, Schisandra, Gynostemma, Lemon Balm, Kratom, Kava and I'm also trying out Holy Basil and Lion's Mane right now. Not to mention all the other health benefits from these herbals.
12-10-2013 12:31 AM

Share This Thread