Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Nootropics
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1628
Thanks received:
1431 thanks in 734 posts

RE: Nootropics
02-01-2013 1:47 PM

(02-01-2013 4:34 AM)LL21 Wrote:  Valentino brought up a great point.I was gonna steer the conversation in another direction though. Are the effects of Alpha Brain by Onnit not what your looking for? I understand that people prefer the ability to choose how much of each product goes to into your body. But are you guys looking for more specific effects or just more control over the nootropics entering your body. This is directed to thundr, wiserd and John.

I'm looking for whatever is good for ADD, really. (I've tried some ADD meds but had bad, sometimes unusual, reactions.) Or that promotes general health. Boosting epinephrine seems to be good. I like stuff that can be turned off. I don't want to be wired for 6 hours straight. I don't think that that's healthy. I'm willing to try stuff like Vyvanse. But the problem is that the FDA wants to 'reduce abuse potential' which means making stuff that slow burns over a long time. Meaning I'll have to commit an entire day to thinking a different way, when I prefer stuff that can get me through a meeting or a hard problem and then I'm done. Maybe I should give the stuff a go anyways. *shrug*

I suspect that a tobacco extract might be awesome in the short term, but I don't want the addiction, the long term effects or the stigma/ increased health care costs attached to the stuff. I've never checked if nicotine's impact on the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors are part of what makes it addictive or not, and whether there might be a modified version of nicotine which did the same thing but in a healthier way. Someday. The MAOIs () in Tobacco and other plants certainly look interesting. Short term MAOIs seem to be my personal ideal.

[Image: Example.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2013 1:57 PM by wiserd.)
02-01-2013 1:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1632
Thanks received:
3370 thanks in 1534 posts

02-01-2013 5:55 PM

according to my dr it is the effect on the nicotine receptor that makes it addictive. Taking chantix goes in and flips the receptor's switch into thinking you've never had nicotine.

I have ADD/ADHD too and have taken many drugs for it. Every stimulant I have tried i have eventually become immune to. How it works on day one is not how it works on day 90. I am not taking anything for it anymore.
02-01-2013 5:55 PM
Thanks given by wiserd
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1628
Thanks received:
1431 thanks in 734 posts

02-01-2013 7:59 PM

(02-01-2013 5:55 PM)halo0073 Wrote:  according to my dr it is the effect on the nicotine receptor that makes it addictive. Taking chantix goes in and flips the receptor's switch into thinking you've never had nicotine.

I have ADD/ADHD too and have taken many drugs for it. Every stimulant I have tried i have eventually become immune to. How it works on day one is not how it works on day 90. I am not taking anything for it anymore.

Yeah, I know the feeling. But green vegetable juicing will work day after day. I know that much. It's just so time consuming and I'm not near a place that uses the veggies I like, like kale (or anything in the brassica genus. Cabbage does a reasonable job.) That helps me reduce my sugar intake and I can often feel my brain turning back on if I've gone a week or so without the stuff.

[Image: Example.jpg]
02-01-2013 7:59 PM

John Schlongfellow - Banned
Rainbow Sprinkles Adhesive Dept.

Sex: Often Please

Thanks Given: 194
Thanks received:
420 thanks in 203 posts

02-01-2013 8:58 PM

ok so I've been on the fence with this topic for a while but this thread HAS really given me a shove.

Looking at this seller I'm planning on buying Pram and hordenine

I'm sorry to have to ask this, especially since they have 249 listings lol.
Is there anything else I should be looking at there?

EDIT
I left out mentioning that I am slowly going through the list of available nootropics but of the 3 I
ve investigated so far there is little to no evidence that they really do anything. I'm counting user reviews as semi valid.
Much of the scientific data is over my head which isn't speeding the process up. For every paragraph I read, there is at least one hour spent understanding definitions of the terms used. bleh.... good long term...... hard on today's schedule....

My advice is only based on mistakes I've made.
I am the Edison of socialization.

Exoticaxs, Connectionsxs, Cohesion oil, Ascend oil, Desire Me oil, Domination oil, Evolve oil, Glace, Corpo, Alpha Donna, LIIK, TA oil, TL oil, TL4W spray, 7keto DHEA, DHEA, Neno, PEA, Trione, Anone, Enone, Erone, Arone, A THDOC,

Neno Neno Wherefore art thou oh Neno ???? right next to the coffee !!
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-My-stream-o...9#pid74219
rant ---> http://pherotruth.com/Thread-My-stream-o...9#pid73109
(This post was last modified: 02-02-2013 8:29 AM by John Schlongfellow.)
02-01-2013 8:58 PM
GStarZ
Checking out the place

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
7 thanks in 4 posts

03-30-2013 6:09 PM

I've been taking Nootropics for some time now, and I know a lot of good references and have done my due diligence in regards to the nootropics I take.

My current stack is:
Piracetam 3-4 x 800mg vcaps
Aniracetam 2-3 x 750mg vcaps
Pramiracetam 1-2 x 300mg vcaps
Sulbutiamine 2-3 x 250mg vcaps
Choline Bitartrate 310mg vcap every other day
L-Theanine 2 x 100mg vcaps

What all is everyone else stacking with?
03-30-2013 6:09 PM
AnthonyJFranks
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 49
Thanks received:
11 thanks in 10 posts

03-31-2013 5:32 PM

(03-30-2013 6:09 PM)GStarZ Wrote:  I've been taking Nootropics for some time now, and I know a lot of good references and have done my due diligence in regards to the nootropics I take.

My current stack is:
Piracetam 3-4 x 800mg vcaps
Aniracetam 2-3 x 750mg vcaps
Pramiracetam 1-2 x 300mg vcaps
Sulbutiamine 2-3 x 250mg vcaps
Choline Bitartrate 310mg vcap every other day
L-Theanine 2 x 100mg vcaps

What all is everyone else stacking with?

How is Pramiracetam and my stack looks similar to yours minus the Sulbutiamine
03-31-2013 5:32 PM
GStarZ
Checking out the place

Rep Post

Thanks received:
7 thanks in 4 posts

04-03-2013 11:46 PM

Pramiracetam is nice, out of the three Racetams I take I have to say that when i first added it to the stack I definitely noticed it pretty much right off the bat. Sulbutiamine isn't that bad of an inclusion, it is a good mood elevator similar to L-Theanine, but is also great for mental fatigue. I tend to take it when i wake up, or have to pull an all-nighter.

How are you liking your stack thus far?
04-03-2013 11:46 PM

AnthonyJFranks
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
11 thanks in 10 posts

04-05-2013 8:45 AM

(04-03-2013 11:46 PM)GStarZ Wrote:  Pramiracetam is nice, out of the three Racetams I take I have to say that when i first added it to the stack I definitely noticed it pretty much right off the bat. Sulbutiamine isn't that bad of an inclusion, it is a good mood elevator similar to L-Theanine, but is also great for mental fatigue. I tend to take it when i wake up, or have to pull an all-nighter.

How are you liking your stack thus far?

My stack is good so far, my only complaint is how many pills I have to take. With your stack are you taking it 2x or 3x a day. Did you order your Sulbutiamine and Pramiracetam off SmartDrugs
04-05-2013 8:45 AM
GStarZ
Checking out the place

Rep Post

Thanks received:
7 thanks in 4 posts

04-09-2013 9:21 PM

Yes both Sulbutiamine and Pramiracetam I order through SDFT. I take the Piracetam, Aniracetam, and L-Theanine in the morning with my breakfast. Just after lunch I take the Pramiracetam and Sulbutiamine after lunch, and the CDP after dinner before I start getting ready to sleep.

Yea taking so many pills through out the day can be tedious, but I noticed a more thorough benefit by staggering my stack some what while not having to take so many capsules at once.
04-09-2013 9:21 PM
AnthonyJFranks
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
11 thanks in 10 posts

04-30-2013 4:53 PM

Hows your stack going any new info?