Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

My road to losing weight
Buzzy78
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 406
Thanks received:
794 thanks in 355 posts

My road to losing weight
03-26-2013 7:27 AM

Hey everybody,

I started this thread to document and share my journey on losing weight. At this point losing weight is one of my goals in my road to self improvement. Due to a long winter (been colder then normal) i've put on a few pounds. With summer rapidly comming our way, i want to lose weight.

My efforts will be in the form of a diet and excercise (cycling and lifting weights). I will also be using subliminals to help me with the diet and exercise.

My stats now:

I'm about 1m74 (5.7 ft) and weight is now at 91kg (200.6 lbs). I have quite broad shoulders naturaly and work out.

My goals:
I want to get back to 83 kg (182.9 lbs) at least and will try to go lower. Most of the fat is located in my belly region and the love handles P

My food habbits:

Well i work different hours nearly every day. day shifts, late shifts, night shifts.. you name it. I live alone, so i have to make all meals myself.

Because of this i often resolve to whats fast and easy. Also at work i often go out and buy a meal. (mostly greasy/processed foods) I also have a tendancy to eat too much. Often after a meal i feel so tired i could sleep (and often do). I drink diet soda and coffee with diet sugar. I love chocolate, but buy the darkest kind because there is less fat in it. Working out has been nonexistent these last 1.5 months. Before this i went to the gym 2-3 times a week for a good 2 hours. I also did cycling before.

My last diet:

My last diet i did this:

Wake up: Eat 2-3 eggs (2x only egg white and 1 full egg) with 2 slices of full wheat bread.

Take to work: 2 pieces of fruit and some 0% fat yogurt to eat in between when i would get hungry.

Lunch: I'd mostly have lunch at work eighter in the restaurant in the building during day hours or go out and get food. I'd always stay away from any sauces. Probably 2/6 meat, 3/6 vegetables and 1/6 potatoes/rice/bread. When the restaurant would be closed, I'd have soup with some slices of bread. On training days i'd have a bit more potatoes/rice/bread. I'd drink water for 90% of the time and sometimes diet soda.

1 time a week i'd have what i call a sinfull day Smile I'd be allowed to eat anything i wanted, but minus any sauces.

Diner: I would put in some effort and cook fish or meat with vegetables.

Supplements:

Non training days:

Morning:
1x Multivitamine
1x green thee extract
1x omega3

Evening:
1x Multivitamine
1x green thee extract
1x omega3

Training days:

Morning:
1x Multivitamine
1x Magnesium (500mg)
1x green thee extract
1x omega3

Noon:
1x Multivitamine
1x green thee extract

Before training:
6gr of BCAA
2 gr of kreakaline

Whey shake after training and 0.5 gr of kreakaline.

Evening :
1x Multivitamine
1x green thee extract
1x omega3
1x Caseine wheyshake

Recovery days (day after training):

Morning:
1x Multivitamine
1x green thee extract
1x omega3
2gr of bcaa
1x whey shake

Evening:
1x Multivitamine
1x green thee extract
1x omega3

I lost about 7kg in about 2 months this way. So not bad, but i'm sure there are some things not right.

I've been checking out some diets, but i'm still not sure what diet is most usefull and foremost that i'm able to keep doing without going crazy!

Cheers,

Buzzy

My journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-And-so-it-begins
New to pheromones? =>>> http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-equation

My bag of goodies:
Alpha Dream: Alpha Mascio, Certo, Corporativo, Glace
Pheroxs: Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, Blizz, Flirt, Connections, Vibe, Domination
Hax: Wingman black label, 9+0, Wingman element 7, Wingman element 9, Wingman C4 oil, Wingman 512 oil, Wingman X22 oil
New Hax: Pherocide, Holy grail, Element x, Alien, Black ops, Ladykiller
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive, Alpha 7, Impi red dot
Other: Scent of Eros, Erox,
03-26-2013 7:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by as33156

masterofpuppets
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 27
Thanks received:
55 thanks in 36 posts

RE: My road to losing weight
03-26-2013 12:50 PM

A lot of diets are useful, so no one is 'the best' and often it comes down to ease of compliance instead. Your diet can be spot on, but if it doesn't fit your temper/schedule/training protocol, then it doesn't matter.

If diets makes you feel hellish nd sluggish and misery, you're doing it wrong.
Diets shouldmke you feel good, invigorated, mentally sharper etc. NOT dragging feet for weeks or months on end.

Fasting is immensily undervalued. All the cool kids are doing it these days. You really should look into it. There are many ways to set it up and an easy way is to start fasting until noon every day after your workout. Then from there expand the fast more and more, on those days. On those mornings you would do fasted cardio.

Another thing I and other have found helpful is to not go too much overboard on your feed frenzy days. I'd much rather see people eat some 'naughty' food before working out a couple of times a week than a 're-feed' day. Personally, and what I hear from others, those days makes it harder to stay on track the rest of the week.after such days I get cravings for the rest of the week for the foods I ate. If I mostly stay away from them OR place them strategically ( before weight training) it's much better.
Plus, some go too much overboard and basically consume so many calories that they wastemost of the weeks good hard work.

The fact that you get tired after eatibg processed food points in the direction of insulin resistance. Fasting should help this a lot.

How does your training look like? 3 weight sessions a week should be plenty to keep mass and even add some. Don't overdo it in thegym when you are calorie restricted. There is a time for that, but not now. Id say 3x1 hour a week of weights and as much cardio as needed on the other days. Don'tthrow thekitchen sink in just yet, meaning don't start with a high training volume with weights and cardio and really low calories. You want room to move when weight loss slows down. Then you add some cardio, or remove some calories/extend fasting periods etc.
What you eat before and especially after training matters a lot, so get that down too, and you'll see some cool results pretty fast.
03-26-2013 12:50 PM
Thanks given by Buzzy78, paradigmshift
eyeofra
the Sun God

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1527
Thanks received:
1410 thanks in 510 posts

03-26-2013 3:41 PM

Hey buzzy.

Well, I've been around sports nutrition my entire life. Hehe both of my parents were champion bodybuilders, and then later in life powerlifters. I only mention this to inspire some confidence in what I'm going to tell you.

First off don't fast. Fasting is great for cleansing, but completely off base for weight loss unless you want the weight lost to be muscle. Yay catabolism (not really). I actually would suggest eating six small meals a day. If you did NOTHING else, you ate the same foods, didn't work out, etc; and simply divided your daily calories into smaller more frequent servings - you would lose weight. There are lots of reasons way, but the two foremost reasons are steady blood sugar (no peaks and troughs like you get with three large meals) and an increase in your metabolism because you're keeping fuel in the furnace.

Now, if you really want to get serious look up the "cyclic ketogenic diet". It was originally called "the body opus diet" by dan duchaine (the inventor), but nowadays it's the beloved diet of many a bodybuilding site. Cyclic ketogenic diet. King of diets.

Basically you eat absolutely NO carbs five days out of the week, and lots of carbs during the weekend. Before you start eating carbs on friday you complete a full body glycogen depletion workout, followed by the weeked of carbo-loading.

I turned the forum member "gojira" onto this diet, and he lost a shit ton of weight.

If you're serious about getting lean, look up the cyclic ketogenic diet online, or buy the book "bodyopus: militant weightloss and recomposition by danial duchaine phd"

Ra

[Image: 34t60p1.gif]
AM, Certo, Glace, Corporativo, L2K V1 & V2, Aquagen, AV, Wolf, Nude, Hypnotica, OD Gel, Erox, N.P.A., EoaW, TL, TA, TI, TrueTrust, XXX, TrueEssence, Wingman 7, 9, 9+O, Black, Blue, X, Extreme, X22, C4 and M512, Ascend, Evolve, Cohesion, Bliss, Vibe, Prowl, ienone, anone, Androsterone, Pregnenolone, Androstadienol, Androstenetrione
03-26-2013 3:41 PM
Buzzy78
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
794 thanks in 355 posts

03-26-2013 4:15 PM

Quote:There is a time for that, but not now. Id say 3x1 hour a week of weights and as much cardio as needed on the other days. Don'tthrow thekitchen sink in just yet, meaning don't start with a high training volume with weights and cardio and really low calories. You want room to move when weight loss slows down. Then you add some cardio, or remove some calories/extend fasting periods etc.

Makes sence. I guess i can always add the cardio when i see the effects of dieting slowing down. Once the weather gets a bit better, i can also start driving to work on my bicycle.. thats 2x an hour of cycling each day i goto work. This way i don't need to do cardio at the gym. But i'll miss the hot girls on the elypticals.. MMmmm! ;)

Quote:Now, if you really want to get serious look up the "cyclic ketogenic diet". It was originally called "the body opus diet" by dan duchaine (the inventor), but nowadays it's the beloved diet of many a bodybuilding site. Cyclic ketogenic diet. King of diets.

I'll look into that tomorrow after work. Just finished watching the football game Belgium - Maccedonia.. we won Big Grin

Thanks for the reactions and tips guys.. really appreciated! I intend to start my diet somewhere next week.

Cheers,

Buzzy

My bag of goodies:
Hax: Wingman black label, 9+0, Wingman element 7, Wingman element 9, Wingman C4 oil, Wingman 512 oil, Wingman X22 oil
03-26-2013 4:15 PM
paradigmshift
Reading is fundamental

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 2401
Thanks received:
1090 thanks in 492 posts

03-26-2013 8:36 PM

Ditch the diet soda.

I used to drink a lot of diet soda. Ive eliminated it and other processed foods. I also rarely eat bread. Basically i try to eat foods that are not highly processed. Not saying eliminate carbs but that does help. I had to up my carb intake for hockey because i felt like i was out of gas.

Also more high intensity workouts - not much cardio. Lot of sprints.

This helped me. It may not suit you.

5 drops npa will be my standard answer if I dont think you read anything.
Try reading this link
Thundr CORE paypal link

Good a1 link
Could this be you?
03-26-2013 8:36 PM
Thanks given by Buzzy78

masterofpuppets
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
55 thanks in 36 posts

03-26-2013 9:59 PM

(03-26-2013 3:41 PM)eyeofra Wrote:  Hey buzzy.

Well, I've been around sports nutrition my entire life. Hehe both of my parents were champion bodybuilders, and then later in life powerlifters. I only mention this to inspire some confidence in what I'm going to tell you.

First off don't fast. Fasting is great for cleansing, but completely off base for weight loss unless you want the weight lost to be muscle. Yay catabolism (not really). I actually would suggest eating six small meals a day. If you did NOTHING else, you ate the same foods, didn't work out, etc; and simply divided your daily calories into smaller more frequent servings - you would lose weight. There are lots of reasons way, but the two foremost reasons are steady blood sugar (no peaks and troughs like you get with three large meals) and an increase in your metabolism because you're keeping fuel in the furnace.

Now, if you really want to get serious look up the "cyclic ketogenic diet". It was originally called "the body opus diet" by dan duchaine (the inventor), but nowadays it's the beloved diet of many a bodybuilding site. Cyclic ketogenic diet. King of diets.

Basically you eat absolutely NO carbs five days out of the week, and lots of carbs during the weekend. Before you start eating carbs on friday you complete a full body glycogen depletion workout, followed by the weeked of carbo-loading.

I turned the forum member "gojira" onto this diet, and he lost a shit ton of weight.

If you're serious about getting lean, look up the cyclic ketogenic diet online, or buy the book "bodyopus: militant weightloss and recomposition by danial duchaine phd"

Ra
I mean this in the most respectable way possible, but please do read up on proper fasting startegies before making such statements.
I did not say anything about 'cleansing'. Atrophy and ruined metabolism are misconceptions about it.
I have been around this for 15 years too, and used to buy into most of those things.
I am not saying fasting (a period without eating any calories) is the holy grail(well, actually it is look into the longevity benefits from it ;) ) but it is a very undervalued as a re-comp tool.

Have you ever tried to implement the technique into an overall sound protocol? Why not be more strategic about it? If set up properly you will not lose muscle, but actually gain some.

In my experience and with other people has been that fasting (in the right set-up, can not underline the correct set-up enough) is the most powerful weight management tool. Hell, it's even much easier logistically , than preparing 6 meals and bringing them every day every where.

And why is fasting great for "cleansing"? What exactly are you cleansing?
(This post was last modified: 03-26-2013 10:00 PM by masterofpuppets.)
03-26-2013 9:59 PM
masterofpuppets
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
55 thanks in 36 posts

03-26-2013 10:07 PM

(03-26-2013 4:15 PM)Buzzy78 Wrote:  Makes sence. I guess i can always add the cardio when i see the effects of dieting slowing down. Once the weather gets a bit better, i can also start driving to work on my bicycle.. thats 2x an hour of cycling each day i goto work. This way i don't need to do cardio at the gym. But i'll miss the hot girls on the elypticals.

If you do no cardio now at all then I'd suggest you start with a an hour or two spread out over the week. Also for health benefits.
03-26-2013 10:07 PM
Thanks given by Buzzy78
masterofpuppets
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
55 thanks in 36 posts

03-26-2013 10:42 PM

Here's a little handbook attached that makes some great points. There are many ways to set it up, and this one is very easy. It makes some compelling points and dispelling some myths.

I'm not bashing the ketogenic diet by the way, that is also very powerful. I just think you feel like crap most of the week, and it takes a large amount of compliance to work optimally. But if you get it right, it works really really well.

Your own set up will also work for sure, but not in the same ball park as those who have been suggested in this thread so far.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  brad-pilon-eat-stop-eat.pdf (Size: 1.01 MB / Downloads: 3)
03-26-2013 10:42 PM
Thanks given by Buzzy78, extraballislit
Buzzy78
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
794 thanks in 355 posts

03-27-2013 12:47 AM

Hey Masterofpuppets,

Thanks a lot for that file.. read it all and i found it very intresting. For my lifestyle (different working hours) this method seems nice. My working hours wont impact my fasting since i only have to do it 2 times a week and i can chose when. Also alot of the conclusions seem to make sense.

So i'm going to try this. This won't mean i'm not going to change my food habbits.. (i really have some bad ones) but one step at a time. I've given it some thought and this is what i will do:

Starting next monday i will start my "diet" and fast two 24 hour periods each week.
I will try and keep to 3 weight training workouts/week.
I will also be introducing myself to more healthy foods over time.
I've read on leangains.com that suplementing with Omega3, calcium, multivitamin is a good idea. So i will be doing this.
I also plan on putting green thee extract and L-carnitine on my suplement list for added fat burning.
On training days i will suplement with kreatine, bcaa's and a wheyshake after training.
I will cut down on the diets soft drinks and drink much more water from now on. (except when going out)
On fasting days i will drink black coffee and water exclusively.

Some questions.

I expect the fasting to be difficult at first.. is there any supplement to reduce the hunger feeling? In the past when taking noxipro or jack3d (pre workout supplement) i did notice my hunger feeling to be much much less. But i'm not sure if pre workout supplements are the best way to have this effect.

If i have to skip a training day because of work.. can i go cycling instead? What would be the best way to do this (intensity/how long)

Thanks again for the imput guys!

Cheers,

Buzzy

My bag of goodies:
03-27-2013 12:47 AM

masterofpuppets
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
55 thanks in 36 posts

03-27-2013 1:12 AM

(03-27-2013 12:47 AM)Buzzy78 Wrote:  Hey Masterofpuppets,

Thanks a lot for that file.. read it all and i found it very intresting. For my lifestyle (different working hours) this method seems nice. My working hours wont impact my fasting since i only have to do it 2 times a week and i can chose when. Also alot of the conclusions seem to make sense.

So i'm going to try this. This won't mean i'm not going to change my food habbits.. (i really have some bad ones) but one step at a time. I've given it some thought and this is what i will do:

Starting next monday i will start my "diet" and fast two 24 hour periods each week.
I will try and keep to 3 weight training workouts/week.
I will also be introducing myself to more healthy foods over time.
I've read on leangains.com that suplementing with Omega3, calcium, multivitamin is a good idea. So i will be doing this.
I also plan on putting green thee extract and L-carnitine on my suplement list for added fat burning.
On training days i will suplement with kreatine, bcaa's and a wheyshake after training.
I will cut down on the diets soft drinks and drink much more water from now on. (except when going out)
On fasting days i will drink black coffee and water exclusively.

Some questions.

I expect the fasting to be difficult at first.. is there any supplement to reduce the hunger feeling? In the past when taking noxipro or jack3d (pre workout supplement) i did notice my hunger feeling to be much much less. But i'm not sure if pre workout supplements are the best way to have this effect.

If i have to skip a training day because of work.. can i go cycling instead? What would be the best way to do this (intensity/how long)

Thanks again for the imput guys!

Cheers,

Buzzy

Cool, make sure you get some GOOD nutrients in on the other days. Omega-3's, veggies etc. it's all good! Don't skimp on the good nutrients, it will make you feel better in life anyway.

Fasting will be a bit of a mind-game at first, for sure. You can ease your way into it (half days only - adding a couple of hours each time). The more efficient your body is at using fat as a fuel - the easier it will be. If you can't go without food for a reasonable extended period of time, it is my belief that your body is dysfunctional in it's energy usage. If you feel like shit, stop the fast, and push it a bit longer next time.

Coffee, green tea etc.(caffeine, theanine..) will help you curb hunger. If the fasting is mostly for weight, you can introduce some greens to curb hunger (lettuce, cucumber etc.) if needed - won't affect much. You can also add some fiber-powder later in the day. I have some more radical tricks up my sleeve, but don't want to put too much out there on a public forum (sorry).

It is kinda clever, you eat a nice big dinner, feel full - go to sleep wake up and keep busy the whole day until dinner, where you eat again. Don't stuff your face in that meal, but do have a nice big healthy meal, with lots of meat, low GI carbs, healthy fats, maybe some low GI fruits.
Most people find less mental fatigue on their fasting days.

Do some low intensity cardio on your fasting days (not HIIIT).

If you can't make it to the weight-room and you have a normal eating day then by all means go biking. It's healthy, and will contribute to a higher energy expenditure.
03-27-2013 1:12 AM
Thanks given by Buzzy78

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Vitamin K for heart health... and weight loss? wiserd 2 1,409 03-11-2013 12:39 AM
Last Post: Jamie
  height and weight Addisonn 10 4,330 09-07-2012 2:24 PM
Last Post: AliceAndrews