Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

My road to losing weight
LL21
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 439
Thanks received:
394 thanks in 171 posts

RE: My road to losing weight
03-27-2013 3:37 AM

Here are a couple of things that I have been working on/ tips that might help you as well.

I've cut out all fast food and I've stuck to it for almost 5 months. Even after my 6 months hiatus, my goal is to have 10 or less fast food meals in a year.

Protein, eat lots of it. Seriously don't be stingy, 1 well placed meal can packed with protein can last a long time. I have a super omelette that I make its 4 organic eggs + salsa + cheese + hotsauce with green tea on the side. After I eat it I can go till the end of a day without getting too hungry. A protein shake does crazy things as well. Protein and drinking lots of water help, the first time I tried fasting with 1 meal a day it seemed like I couldn't drink enough water.

A convection cooker, your single and you don't always have the time to prepare food in a pan or a stovetop. I got one as a gift and I just put the food in it and do other things and when the timer is done my food is prepared. You can marinate meats for a day and then put it in the convection cooker and do other things. It's faster than the oven, less effort than a stove top and makes food crispier than a microwave

Plan every meal, You take out the randomness and then end the chance of you getting fast food. This is tricky but once you add a pinch of variety options it gets easier.

Prepare for failure, nobody is perfect but when we all have Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde moments. When Mr. Hyde shows his ugly head and you fall to your craving, you won't go overboard when you do eat something you didn't plan on eating. I have a bag of raw unshelled peanuts, some people eat baby carrots. Prepare yourself and have a back up plan because it won't be pretty

Avoid your asshole friends that get to eat regular food. If you hang out with them too much you won't be able to help yourself. I had sat down and watched a friend eat 2 large fastfood sandwhiches + large fries and he drank beer. I ended up eating when I got back home, I used up all my willpower that day and had to eat. I can't be on a strict diet and live with friends, it never worked even though I still cooked most of my meals instead of eating out. I'm really bad at being consistent but I was the most consistent when I was basically on my own without temptation slapping me in the face.
03-27-2013 3:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by paradigmshift, eyeofra, Buzzy78, Six
Buzzy78
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 348
Thanks received:
659 thanks in 327 posts

03-27-2013 1:22 PM

Quote:I've cut out all fast food and I've stuck to it for almost 5 months. Even after my 6 months hiatus, my goal is to have 10 or less fast food meals in a year.

Well i actually eat quite alot of junk food.. and it is my goal to also cut down on it. But i will do it little by little because i fear if i rush things too much i'm setting myself up for failure.

Quote:Protein, eat lots of it. Seriously don't be stingy, 1 well placed meal can packed with protein can last a long time. I have a super omelette that I make its 4 organic eggs + salsa + cheese + hotsauce with green tea on the side. After I eat it I can go till the end of a day without getting too hungry. A protein shake does crazy things as well. Protein and drinking lots of water help, the
first time I tried fasting with 1 meal a day it seemed like I couldn't drink enough water.

I like eggs and i'm going to make a habbit out of eating 4 eggs minus 3 egg yolkes (+ some high fiber bread and fruit) to get my day started.

Quote:A convection cooker, your single and you don't always have the time to prepare food in a pan or a stovetop. I got one as a gift and I just put the food in it and do other things and when the timer is done my food is prepared. You can marinate meats for a day and then put it in the convection cooker and do other things. It's faster than the oven, less effort than a stove top and makes food crispier than a microwave

I truly don't see myself putting in alot of time for each meal, so something being easy is key for me. I'm going to look into some things for sale in the local electronics shop Smile

Quote:Prepare for failure, nobody is perfect but when we all have Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde moments. When Mr. Hyde shows his ugly head and you fall to your craving, you won't go overboard when you do eat something you didn't plan on eating. I have a bag of raw unshelled peanuts, some people eat baby carrots. Prepare yourself and have a back up plan because it won't be pretty

We'll some nuts would do nice as a snack.. i'm going to check the supermarket for easy but still not too bad foods for snack type things that i can eat in case i get cravings.

Thanks for the tips guys.. having people giving imput on this is really giving me a boost to go through with it and try my best!

Cheers,

Buzzy

My journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-And-so-it-begins
New to pheromones? =>>> http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-equation

My bag of goodies:
Alpha Dream: Alpha Mascio, Certo, Corporativo, Glace
Pheroxs: Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, Blizz, Flirt, Connections, Vibe, Domination
Hax: Wingman black label, Wingman element 7, Wingman element 9, Wingman C4 oil, Wingman 512 oil, Wingman X22 oil
New Hax: Pherocide, Holy grail, Element x, Alien, Black ops, Ladykiller
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive, Alpha 7, Impi red dot
03-27-2013 1:22 PM
eyeofra
the Sun God

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1236
Thanks received:
1116 thanks in 429 posts

03-27-2013 2:50 PM

Heh. No offense taken, I know what I'm talking about.

Fad diets come and go. Right now the paleo diet and fasting are trendy. That does not mean I will lend more weight to a program because it is popular with the mainstream. The mainstream is usually five to seven years behind the world-class/professional athletes that I rub elbows with. And believe me, you don't see bodybuilder's fasting. You see them saying "I must eat carbs and protein NOW! My alarm went off, it's been two hours since I last ate!!"

The diet community has moved on. Fasting has it's place as a specific tool, but we now know how to get fasting's benefits without its vast drawbacks. Namely reduced metabolism and body temperature, as well as increased A2 receptors (so your fat cells store more fat). Your body wants to be able to survive this self imposed famine, so your thyroid slows your metabolism. And like I said your fat cells start gaining A2 receptors so they can better capture what calories you are taking in as fat.

I'm not saying fasting doesn't work, or that the stop eating eat diet doesn't work. I' just saying that they're like an enraged moth(fasting) compared to a 3000 pound bull(keto). Hey, it's great that it works for you. But half of every pound lost will be muscle.

Read the book underground bodyopus by daniel duchaine,or read any of the 1000 articles about the cyclic ketogenic diet found on any bodybuilding site.

I don't care what works marginally. I only deal with what's optimal. And fasting is far from it.

Where's thundr when you need him? He knows what I'm talking about here.

[Image: 34t60p1.gif]
AM, Certo, Glace, Corporativo, L2K V1 & V2, Aquagen, AV, Wolf, Nude, Hypnotica, OD Gel, Erox, N.P.A., EoaW, TL, TA, TI, TrueTrust, XXX, TrueEssence, Wingman 7, 9, 9+O, Black, Blue, X, Extreme, X22, C4 and M512, Ascend, Evolve, Cohesion, Bliss, Vibe, Prowl, ienone, anone, Androsterone, Pregnenolone, Androstadienol, Androstenetrione
03-27-2013 2:50 PM
Thanks given by Buzzy78, paradigmshift

masterofpuppets
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks received:
43 thanks in 28 posts

03-27-2013 4:19 PM

Ok, to each his own, man, to each his own. Smile
03-27-2013 4:19 PM
Thanks given by eyeofra
Buzzy78
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 348
Thanks received:
659 thanks in 327 posts

03-27-2013 6:45 PM

Ok guys,

A little update.. i'm quite intrested in the fasting method but before commiting to it i wanted to see if i could even get myself to not eat for 24 hours.

I'm not officially starting my diets yet, but this morning i tought to myself.. why not try it and see how it goes. The last time i ate was 22:00h the evening before. With it being morning, about 10 hours had passed and i was nearly halfway.. i tought to myself.. this is easy!

So i continued onward not eating and only drinking coffee and water. I did take mulitvitamines, omega3, L-cartenine and green thee extract. Had a day off work, so with me testing the 24 hour fasting i descided to stay in most of the day; It all went quite good, but arround the 20hour mark i would get a bit restless and get as slight headache. I would also feel a little light headed sometimes.

At 22:00h i ate some rice, vegies and beef. The feeling of restlesness and slight headache faded (could have been the caffeine from drinking quite alot of coffee).

So there it is.. i'm now sure i can actually not eat for 24hours.. the next challenge will be doing it while being active.. i guess time will pass faster, but seing people eating can become a real test. Good thing you only have to do it 2 times a week.

I've also been thinking about what LL21 said:

Quote:A convection cooker, your single and you don't always have the time to prepare food in a pan or a stovetop. I got one as a gift and I just put the food in it and do other things and when the timer is done my food is prepared. You can marinate meats for a day and then put it in the convection cooker and do other things. It's faster than the oven, less effort than a stove top and makes food crispier than a microwave

If i intend to eat more fresh vegetables and prepare fresh meals, i don't want to cook and be stuck with a whole lot of dishes to wash every day.. so i went looking arround and found this:

It's basicly a steam cooker with 50 recipe's put into it.. you can just put the ingredients into the device and it will cook it within 5 to 15 minutes depending on the dish. It costs about 250 euro, but it will save me time and i won't have to do so many dishes. Also once the ingredients are in, you don't have to watch it anymore, and even after the cooking finished a special function keeps the food hot for you until you open the device. Making a meal from fresh ingredients seems very easy this way!

Cheers,

Buzzy

My journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-And-so-it-begins
New to pheromones? =>>> http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-equation

My bag of goodies:
Alpha Dream: Alpha Mascio, Certo, Corporativo, Glace
Pheroxs: Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, Blizz, Flirt, Connections, Vibe, Domination
Hax: Wingman black label, Wingman element 7, Wingman element 9, Wingman C4 oil, Wingman 512 oil, Wingman X22 oil
New Hax: Pherocide, Holy grail, Element x, Alien, Black ops, Ladykiller
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive, Alpha 7, Impi red dot
03-27-2013 6:45 PM
eyeofra
the Sun God

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1236
Thanks received:
1116 thanks in 429 posts

03-27-2013 6:58 PM

Good luck on your weight loss!

I've been losing weight for about five days now, I started a 90 day challenge where I get paid for every pound lost. I've simply eliminated simple sugars, alcohol, and most bread/pasta and replaced them with salads and veggies.I do an hour of HIIT cardio a day as well. If I feel like getting serious I'll go back to the cyclic ketogenic diet, but at the moment simply doing cardio is making progress.

@masterofpuppets - hehe thanks, I could do to remember that.

[Image: 34t60p1.gif]
AM, Certo, Glace, Corporativo, L2K V1 & V2, Aquagen, AV, Wolf, Nude, Hypnotica, OD Gel, Erox, N.P.A., EoaW, TL, TA, TI, TrueTrust, XXX, TrueEssence, Wingman 7, 9, 9+O, Black, Blue, X, Extreme, X22, C4 and M512, Ascend, Evolve, Cohesion, Bliss, Vibe, Prowl, ienone, anone, Androsterone, Pregnenolone, Androstadienol, Androstenetrione
03-27-2013 6:58 PM
Thanks given by paradigmshift, Buzzy78
paradigmshift
Reading is fundamental

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1726
Thanks received:
697 thanks in 335 posts

03-27-2013 7:29 PM

Fasting isnt what people think it is. The new fad fasting allows 500 calories on the fasting day. You still eat but its restricting calories.

Dont think of it as not eating for 24 hours. You still need to get your blood sugar up a bit.

Eating more vegetables(not carrots since those are higher in sugars) can fill you up.

I strongly believe that restricting caliries help but without fiber to draw out more waste you can possibly make yourself ill while the body releases toxins and reabsorbs them.

Theres a lot of great advice from everyone. Bottom line is you need to find something simple and easy to achieve success with.

I do eat a lot of vegetables. I try to get organic.
I use a lot of supplements. Eyeofra mentioned going ketogenic. I love eating organic virgin coconut oil. Your body still needs fats and more than you think.

Im complicating it. Start slow and ease into a lifestyle that gets you healthier.

5 drops npa will be my standard answer if I dont think you read anything.
Try reading this link

Good a1 link
Could this be you?
03-27-2013 7:29 PM
Thanks given by eyeofra, Buzzy78

KIMBA
Sexy Time

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 241
Thanks received:
436 thanks in 238 posts

03-27-2013 9:50 PM

The only fasting protocol that worked for me was Leangains on a long term basis. Look up Martin's stuff. He is very intelligent and knows his stuff.

Lean Gains worked for me because of a few factors:

1. Limits Insulin Spiks

Six Small meals, although touted my the medical community now, is by in large false - which is reinforced by the human trials of insulin, cortisol, caloric expenditure and over all health. The Insulin Spike is something which is debated as the pinnacle of why six meals is superior. Six Small spikes means not as large a fat absorption period. But eating once, with the large spike, has been on par with how your body reacts in the long term. In addition, depending on a personal blood sugar response, a small spike can cause a person to want to eat more foods which spike aforementioned insulin. Eat a meal without carbs and your body wants carbs, which is the insulin spike craving. Personally, although I have glucose level and insulin level sensitivity, my condition in large part improved by such fasting with a windowed eating period, the one meal allowed my body to cruise the 18 hours until the next meal.

2. Practicality

When I first got into nutrition I was in Secondary School/High School and I boxed. With my limited knowledge I could not realistically eat six small healthy meals. If I had known then what I do now - that I could eat one meal and my work outs would not suffer greatly if timed correctly, I would have converted. Eventually in College, working nights 5 nights a week and boxing/grappling for competition and coaching I simply had not the time to be as healthy as I wanted. I compromised sleep as it was. I also struggled with my weight - I needed to shed 50 lbs quickly. I found the IF style of living and I excelled with it. I just had a shake by my side in the gym for the six hours I spent in it. Desk Job? Time to eat. Wings with your buddys at the bar? Time to eat. Family BBQ? Time to eat.

3. Easy Caloric Accountability

When I diet I count every calorie. Ask me how many calories are in a dish I can tell you. But even when you micro manage, when you break down food to grams of fat, protein, carbs, and sugar - then into type of fat/carb/protein, you tend to get lost. Protein sources based on dissolve rates (Types of Protein dispenses into our body at different rates, eg Casein/Whey/Egg/Soy), carbs based on form (Alcohol, Sugar, Bread, Grain, etc all have different break down rates in your stomach) and Fat (Trans far vs Protein based fat vs Grain based Fat) as well is far too much for a person to remember. I would write it down, but taking a break to count a breath mint and how many calories it has is tedious and you most of the time tend to forget over the course of the day. If I am eating for only four to six hours a day, I plan my meal out and I know what I put in. It took so much chaos out of my life.

I do not ever advocate 24 hour fasting. Although starvation mode is in large part a myth (It takes a while for your metobolic rate to decrease, around 72 hours for a slight drop IIRC) the fact is you need the nutrients for your body to survive in a healthy manor.

Pheromone XS Testing Thread

My hellish Diet Thread
03-27-2013 9:50 PM
Thanks given by Buzzy78, paradigmshift
Isis
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 460
Thanks received:
423 thanks in 181 posts

03-28-2013 3:19 AM

(03-27-2013 2:50 PM)eyeofra Wrote:  Heh. No offense taken, I know what I'm talking about.

Fad diets come and go. Right now the paleo diet and fasting are trendy. That does not mean I will lend more weight to a program because it is popular with the mainstream. The mainstream is usually five to seven years behind the world-class/professional athletes that I rub elbows with. And believe me, you don't see bodybuilder's fasting. You see them saying "I must eat carbs and protein NOW! My alarm went off, it's been two hours since I last ate!!"

The diet community has moved on. Fasting has it's place as a specific tool, but we now know how to get fasting's benefits without its vast drawbacks. Namely reduced metabolism and body temperature, as well as increased A2 receptors (so your fat cells store more fat). Your body wants to be able to survive this self imposed famine, so your thyroid slows your metabolism. And like I said your fat cells start gaining A2 receptors so they can better capture what calories you are taking in as fat.

I'm not saying fasting doesn't work, or that the stop eating eat diet doesn't work. I' just saying that they're like an enraged moth(fasting) compared to a 3000 pound bull(keto). Hey, it's great that it works for you. But half of every pound lost will be muscle.

Read the book underground bodyopus by daniel duchaine,or read any of the 1000 articles about the cyclic ketogenic diet found on any bodybuilding site.

I don't care what works marginally. I only deal with what's optimal. And fasting is far from it.

Where's thundr when you need him? He knows what I'm talking about here.

I thought Keto was a trend also and pretty mainstream. See a lot of body builders and the like hopping into it for fast results and because a good number of other body builders are doing it. Also thought Keto was quite similar to Paleo but with specific macronutrient percents.

Not sure what classifies as world athletes, but I've talked to several figure competitors and I don't hear them say "I NEED CARBS NOW" close to competition date. Much less if they're following a ketogenic diet.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2013 3:19 AM by Isis.)
03-28-2013 3:19 AM
Thanks given by Buzzy78
extraballislit
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1100
Thanks received:
315 thanks in 162 posts

03-28-2013 3:45 AM

I´ve tried 24 and 36 hour fasting, but the y were very tough mentally. I like leangains approach best.

I have also tried 5 - 6 small meals a day, and also bulking and cutting, but leangains has given me the best results so far.

I´m gonna try to sumarize it for you. I think it´s, by far, the most effective and convenient strategy for wight management. It´s for sure the only one I´ve been able to stick to for prolonged periods of time, and by far, the one that has given me the best results.

1) First, you eat every day. You only fast for 16 hours and have an 8 hour window to eat one, two or three meals, whatever suits your schedul best.
I usually eat only two meals, one at 14.00 and another one about 20.00 or 21.00.

2) On training days, you eat more than on rest days, because you are burning more calories. You can start by eating your maintenance
calories + 20% on training days and your maintenance calories -20% on rest days. YOu still need to know your maintenance calories and count how manu calories you are eating, but after a coupel of monts you are familiatr with almost everything. I tend to eat the same food over and over: chicken salad, brown rice, oats, whey, casein, eggs, avocados, olives, peeper, broccoli, salmon, tuna, onion, milk, yoghourt, olive oil, whole bread... it easier if you keep your meals simple.

3) You always eat lots of protein, and cycle carbs. On training days, you eat mostly protein and carbs; or rest days, you eat mostly protein and fats. Lts say taht on training days you eat 40% protein, 40% fat and 20% carbs. On training days you keep proyein at 40%, fat at 10% and carbs at 50%.

4) You train 3 days a week, intensely, for about one hour, and that´s it. You don´t need to do cardio, but can add some sprints aftyer your workout.

5) If you want to keep motivated, keep track of your weight and take pictures of yourself. Do it only once a week, the same day of the week, at the same time. It does not make any sense to weight yourself everyday. Ther eare too many things that can have an effect on your weight and you don´t want to get obsessed with it. It´s just a number. A picture is a better tool, specially if yiu can compare it with one of the week before.

I also use an accumeasure caliper. It´s inexpensive, easy to use, and accurate enough to give you an aproximate fat% that you can keep track of.

SOME CONSIDERATIONS

A calorie is a calorie. If yiou want to lose wight, it does not matter where it comes from. If you need 2000 calories a day to keep your current weight, and you eat 1500 calories from oce cream and cheeseburger, ypu will still loose weight. However, If you want to loose weight and stay healthy, you better choose healthier meals.

This means you can eat dessert and drink some alcohol fron time to time and still loose weight. I know this sounds too good to be true, but you can certainly do it. However, don´t think that you can do it every day, or every week. Alcohol is not only calorie dense, but also kills your willpower and one drink can easilly become a lot more. However, not drinking at allcan ruin your social life. Try to go out at night without even drinking one beer and see everybody getting dumber and louder... you need some social lubricant to socialize with drunken people. Be wise and don´t over do it.

Also, one or two cheat meals week seem to be good for your mental health. My family meets once a week and we have large meals. I usually go to the gymn before such reuninon, and eat whatever I want. It´s teh only day of the week I have a chance to eat real home made food and also see my family, so I don´t want to be eating lettuce and grilled fish while everyone else is feasting.

Supplement with Omega 3 and multivitamin. Calcium is not needed it you eat dairy.

Whey protein is not needed, but it´s very convenient. You can prepare a protein dense drink in a couple of minutes, drink it, and keep working or doing whatever you are doing.

Hope this helps.

Talk to you soon.
03-28-2013 3:45 AM
Thanks given by KIMBA, paradigmshift, Buzzy78

Share This Thread