Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Member Notification of Change to Posting Policy
terry0400-40

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3971
Thanks received:
3314 thanks in 1520 posts

RE: Member Notification of Change to Posting Policy
02-06-2012 3:07 PM

Look going back deleting and editing a post once it has been agreed with or replied to has the potential to cause major disruptions and miss understandings for not just one individual but many and it can cause a massive amount of work to try and get back and find the truths and the facts.

Look guys i had no schooling but i think people using this forum should be possessed with enough intelligence to realize that this is a forum that the world has access to.

If people are not intelligent enough to realize the impact of their posting then they should not attempt posting.

Well whenever i go onto yahoo 7 news and post up my opinion once i hit the button there is no going back.

Whenever i piss on the shoes of a police officer there is no going back is there now no of course not, i just have to be a man and take responsibility for my actions.

I suggest that people think about what they are doing before they post comments in a public arena and once done then have the balls to stand up and face the courage of their convictions.

You are not fucking 10 year old boys any longer and there aint no mama following you around here with a soft cotton fleecy lined napkin having to wipe your back sides in every instance, if you cant write a post without advertising to the world exactly who you are and where you are then you are just fucking dum arse stupid and should not even bother.

SO BE RESPONSIBLE AND TAKE CONSIDERATION FOR THE INTEGRITY OF THE FORUM. the world is full of excuses and whiners do not be one of these .....hmmmm ok cheers terry . . . TAB . .

Ps Mark will probably fire me for this, however i take FULL responsibility for my opinion on this matter . .

My thread >
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Sex-pills-a...nt-reviews
02-06-2012 3:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by Bosshank, mark-in-dallas

halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1632
Thanks received:
3372 thanks in 1534 posts

02-06-2012 3:48 PM

Just beware my spelling can be atrocious and sometimes I edit to fix that. You have been warned ;)
02-06-2012 3:48 PM
Thanks given by terry0400-40
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1823
Thanks received:
4766 thanks in 1970 posts

02-06-2012 3:49 PM

Mark is firing nobody and never has! OK yeah there was Bella, but I tried to quit before firing her and they refused to let me. It was me or her, and appareantly the me wasn't an acceptable option, so it came down to her!

You just said what I've been trying to say all along, only you were a little more blunt.

We are all supposed to be responsible adults here. If you can't be responsible enough to accept accountablility for what you say, then maybe you need to think twice before saying it.

I can't believe how much ranting is taking place over not being able to edit what you've said, which you even still can, just not AFTER SOMEBODY HAS RESPONDED TO IT!

The one idea that's been suggested which makes sense to me is to prevent people from signing up just to be able to read journals, even though they wouldn't even know the journals existed until already registering. But, I still think it is very good idea and something we'll discuss and consider implementing.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
02-06-2012 3:49 PM
terry0400-40

Rep Post

Thanks received:

02-06-2012 4:59 PM

(02-06-2012 3:07 PM)terry0400-40 Wrote:  Look going back deleting and editing a post once it has been agreed with or replied to has the potential to cause major disruptions and miss understandings for not just one individual but many and it can cause a massive amount of work to try and get back and find the truths and the facts.

Quote:Look guys i had no schooling
but i think people using this forum should be possessed with enough intelligence to realize that this is a forum that the world has access to.

If people are not intelligent enough to realize the impact of their posting then they should not attempt posting.

Well whenever i go onto yahoo 7 news and post up my opinion once i hit the button there is no going back.

Whenever i piss on the shoes of a police officer there is no going back is there now no of course not, i just have to be a man and take responsibility for my actions.

I suggest that people think about what they are doing before they post comments in a public arena and once done then have the balls to stand up and face the courage of their convictions.

You are not fucking 10 year old boys any longer and there aint no mama following you around here with a soft cotton fleecy lined napkin having to wipe your back sides in every instance, if you cant write a post without advertising to the world exactly who you are and where you are then you are just fucking dum arse stupid and should not even bother.

SO BE RESPONSIBLE AND TAKE CONSIDERATION FOR THE INTEGRITY OF THE FORUM. the world is full of excuses and whiners do not be one of these .....hmmmm ok cheers terry . . . TAB . .

Ps Mark will probably fire me for this, however i take FULL responsibility for my opinion on this matter . .
Here i am now clarifying something in my post above.

Please notice that i have not resorted to cutting or editing to do this as it was just as simple as replying to my own post ok see how easy it is to correct a statement that you have previously posted.

Ok as per my above mentioned post regarding having no schooling this is not entirely correct as i did manage to get through Kindergarden and also grade 3 for 9 year olds....

My thread >
02-06-2012 4:59 PM
Curiosity
why pretend when you have science

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 300
Thanks received:
458 thanks in 186 posts

02-06-2012 5:13 PM

(02-06-2012 10:23 AM)eyeofra Wrote:  Lame, and in my mind, completely unacceptable. Silence is consent - and I am not consenting.

Now all members of the forum are being punished becaused of the wrongful actions of one member who has already been banned for those actions.?!?! So Extremely wrong! Talk about doing HARM with GOOD INTENTIONS. I have never heard of a forum where you cannot edit your posts, and I've been on forums since I was 12!! (good old perfectlydark.com - the N64 game that forum was my first)

Being able to edit your post serves a multitude of purposes, which far outweigh the possibility of abuse by unscrupulous members.
*Being able to go back and clarify what you meant with some additional verbage
*Being able to go back and correct your spelling
*Being able to remove something you have decided is too revealing of your personal information, etc.
*Being able to update the first post of a journal or product summary with current information

I agree that editing out the content of a post (the equivalent of deleting it) is wrong. But this is a complete over-reaction. The forum is a complex system, and this seemingly small change will have far-reaching effects. The most obvious result is that it will make members more reluctant to post.

I am forced to accept what I cannot change, but now you know where I stand.

P.S. sorry for my spelling - I am a little irate. My inability to come back when I've got a moment to spellcheck this post further illustrates my point.

I'd have to agree. SS, who, yes, is now banned, made it a HABIT to post something and then a few days to a week later delete or revise the entire contents of the thread claiming it was "against his religion." Which many people found strangely ironic, he shouldn't have posted it in the first place if that was the case. No one else has ever done that, that I know of, and yes we are civilized adults which is why, while I understand the logic behind the change, it doesn't seem to be appropriate or nessecery at this time.

There is potential for people to stop posting altogether and utilize the PM system instead for things such as journal entries. That is not guaranteed, but a situation like that is a possibility.

My Pheromone Arsenal:

Liquid Alchemy Labs: Asian, Aqua Vitae, Hypnotica Social, Nude, Overdose, Possess, Wolf

True Pheromones: TI, XXX, True Essence, A-1, Androstatrione
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2012 5:31 PM by Curiosity.)
02-06-2012 5:13 PM
Thanks given by idontknow

NewAlpha
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 520
Thanks received:
343 thanks in 142 posts

02-06-2012 6:04 PM

For what it's worth, I am also surprised by this change.

Whether it will be better or not has already been discussed in this thread.

But I just feel a single case of abuse should not justify such a major change for all posters.
02-06-2012 6:04 PM
Thanks given by kmacc45, idontknow
renny
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 693
Thanks received:
706 thanks in 310 posts

02-06-2012 10:22 PM

Mark, can you re activate the old blog module that was only viewable by a members "buddy"? That would allow a very private journal for those worried that they may be found out by people they don't want viewing the journals. I remember that no one used it so it was eliminated.

I like the no editing after replies rule. Lotta crap can be prevented that way... a hearty HI HO!Sun bespectacled

The Androstenone Discussion
02-06-2012 10:22 PM
Thanks given by txi0m, mark-in-dallas
txi0m
American PUA, Japanese Targets

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 209
Thanks received:
435 thanks in 132 posts

02-06-2012 11:03 PM

I would use the blogs if they were re-enabled. Smile

Going back to the original subject...

I understand the administrator side of why this change is important completely. I also totally stand by terry's opinion of if you're not man enough (or woman, adult, whatever) to post something and accept what you said without taking it back, it's completely irresponsible.

The one thing I don't like, however, is being unable to make minor edits such as FAQ related threads (which I have made in the past). I also don't like not being able to edit in links to specific journal entries in my initial first post (nice way to index what I've used and recorded).

I suppose I could bug an admin to make the change for me, but I hate being a pest.

So for me, it's not the loss of being able to remove something-- it's the loss of being able to add something convenient to the first post of a thread.

I don't always use pheromone colognes, but when I do... I prefer Dos Equis.

My Arsenal (favs = ☆):
L-S: A7 (s), AE, C7 (s), LT☆, NPA☆, TE Trust, SoE☆ (s/un)

TP: TA☆, TChar, TComm, TI☆, TJ, TL☆, TO, TR☆, TT, XXX (spr)

A-Dream: AM, Certo, Glace

Out of Commission:
AD: IG, IH, IO, IS
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2012 12:23 AM by txi0m.)
02-06-2012 11:03 PM
Thanks given by terry0400-40, Pagodeiro, idontknow, baant
terry0400-40

Rep Post

Thanks received:

02-07-2012 1:16 AM

The ability to edit posts after replies were made was a flaw in the program, and all we did was to fix the flaw. And only after members had taken to exploiting that flaw in the first place :declare:

My thread >
02-07-2012 1:16 AM

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1823
Thanks received:
4766 thanks in 1970 posts

02-07-2012 6:34 AM

(02-06-2012 10:23 AM)eyeofra Wrote:  Now all members of the forum are being punished becaused of the wrongful actions of one member who has already been banned for those actions.?!?! So Extremely wrong!

(02-06-2012 5:13 PM)Curiosity Wrote:  No one else has ever done that, that I know of, and yes we are civilized adults which is why, while I understand the logic behind the change, it doesn't seem to be appropriate or nessecery at this time.

You guys only KNOW of 1 instance of a member deleting or editing posts. When in fact SS was one of a number of members abusing the edit ability.

He made the worst and most noticeable offense by editing out the entire contents in a post made for a contest he tried to throw, but he was far from the biggest abuser, he's just the only one that you are aware of, and even then we tried to keep it a private matter between the admins and him, but he went ballistic.

That is the only reason any of you even became aware of the issue, because it was abuse bad enough that we felt warranted taking action against him, and decided to post a private email advising him that we had.

The truth is that this is an issue that's gone back to the time the forum was started, and there have been a number of others who've deleted or edited out hundreds of posts.

Renny was an active admin on this forum for about our first 5 or 6 months, before he ran off got married and moved to the far edge of the world, but I think if he'll remember and can attest to the private admin discussions we had concerning members abusing the edit privelge even back then,

(02-06-2012 10:22 PM)renny Wrote:  Mark, can you re activate the old blog module that was only viewable by a members "buddy"? That would allow a very private journal for those worried that they may be found out by people they don't want viewing the journals. I remember that no one used it so it was eliminated.

I like the no editing after replies rule. Lotta crap can be prevented that way... a hearty HI HO!Sun bespectacled

We could re-install the Blogs and allow members to only allow those they chose to view them, but nobody liked them and they weren't used. I think a better option is to require members reach a certain post count before being able to view journals, as was suggested by Jock.

(02-07-2012 1:16 AM)terry0400-40 Wrote:  The ability to edit posts after replies were made was a flaw in the program, and all we did was to fix the flaw. And only after members had taken to exploiting that flaw in the first place :declare:

Yes it was a flaw, and one that we let slide for a long time. It cost countless hours of responding to member complaints about someone deleting or changing something they wrote to make somebody else look bad, policing the forum to remove empty posts, and many unnecessary quotes of posts, quoted only to insure that if somebody changed or edited out their post a record would remain.

Just because you weren't aware of an issue does not mean it didn't exist

Not surprising that none of those who complained have stepped up to show their support for fixing exactly what they were complaining about.

We are still not a big forum, but we are growing every day, and this was a problem that was only going to keep getting worse. Pago has been an admin for barely a month now and Terry barely a week, before another issue arose. The forum has been around for 2 1/2 years now and it's been a steady ongoing issue.

The damn had a crack in it, and it we didn't seal it would have eventually burst.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
02-07-2012 6:34 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Member Posting Policy Forum Staff 0 3,292 07-10-2010 8:38 AM
Last Post: Forum Staff
  Are you having problems posting? mark-in-dallas 14 4,263 11-14-2009 2:26 PM
Last Post: Niatalya