Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Poll: Poll: Problems with posting or replying to messages?
I like the current editor...Keep it!
I'm having too much trouble...go back to the other one!
I'm having a little trouble, but would like to keep this editor!
Problems are solved. Keep this editor!
[Show Results]

Are you having problems posting?
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Are you having problems posting?
10-30-2009 10:34 AM

Hey folks, we know some of you have had problems with posting messages, usually when trying to post images or reply to a message.

The problem is due to a third party add-on module that we installed early on, which allow images to be copied and pasted directly into your postings. This function is not available in the editor of the standard forum software platform we are using (myBB).

Our question is this: If you are having problems with posting or messages disappearing, would you rather us go back to the standard editor, which does not allow for images to be copied and pasted directly, but images can still be placed in messages by clicking on the "Insert Image" button and entering the image link, and does not have a (WYSIWYG) "What You See Is What You Get" mode?

OR

Would you rather keep the current editor and deal with the issues?

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
10-30-2009 10:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Niatalya
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

RE: Are you having problems posting?
10-30-2009 1:17 PM

I had a copy and paste issue the other day, but it told me what button to push for word and I was good after that.
10-30-2009 1:17 PM
Xiphoid
Swede as Sugar

Rep Post

10-30-2009 3:20 PM

I've had issues posting in the protected subsection of the forum. My reply to a post didn't register and just showed up with the previous posters responde as a quotation.

I do have issues with the other posts too though...Not that they don't post properly, but I can't use the smiley's... They don't get added into the post when I click on them like they did before, I have write them in manually Sad
10-30-2009 3:20 PM
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Rep Post

10-31-2009 1:33 AM

(10-30-2009 3:20 PM)Xiphoid Wrote:  I've had issues posting in the protected subsection of the forum. My reply to a post didn't register and just showed up with the previous posters responde as a quotation.

I do have issues with the other posts too though...Not that they don't post properly, but I can't use the smiley's... They don't get added into the post when I click on them like they did before, I have write them in manually Sad

If you are in "Rich Edit" mode (Word Icon is blue), then you can drag the smiley's into the post and drop them wherever you want. Hope that helps! [Image: razz.gif]

10-31-2009 1:33 AM
Gegogi
Yikes! Cupcakes 'n Bondage

Rep Post

11-01-2009 4:16 AM

I've been having problems, specifically if I paste in even one word, I get a message my post contains no text. And, indeed, the text box is empty. I tried toggling back and forth in the editor mode but to no avail. I usually copy my post just in case it disappears. To get it to reappear I paste it into word processor or simple text editor, copy it and paste it in. Usually works. Oddly, this is the only forum I have problems with.

Ah don't wanna pickle...just wanna ride mah motosickle! Twisted
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2009 4:17 AM by Gegogi.)
11-01-2009 4:16 AM

Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

11-01-2009 6:40 AM

I have the same problem that Gegogi is having. I have worked around it because I love being able to paste pictures and text.

Bugs are expected since were still new and the set up is slightly different then other forums. I have modded and been members of so many forums and this is common though. I think with time we will be able to work through these problems and figure out how to get around them.

Tisha
11-01-2009 6:40 AM
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Rep Post

11-01-2009 11:35 AM

(11-01-2009 4:16 AM)Gegogi Wrote:  Oddly, this is the only forum I have problems with.

Not really so odd, in that this is probably one of only a few forums that's using a third party editor that was NOT designed for, or modified to work with the latest software versions.

We installed this editor because people were used to copying and pasting images from other sites and wanted that functionality here too, but myBB does not have a built in rich text (WYSIWYG) editor.

Then again, we can embedd videos from nearly 200 sites, which is far more than what can be embedded in most other forum applications.

11-01-2009 11:35 AM

Unregistered

11-02-2009 3:31 PM

So far no problem with posting to threads, but I can't seem to get the signature to "take" in the user CP. When I tell it to store/update/preview/whatever it comes out blank. And yes I've tried messing with the Editor Mode button. Not that I have a stellar signature in mind...
11-02-2009 3:31 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Mtnjim
Curmudgen

Rep Post

11-03-2009 2:13 PM

No problems so far, but then again, I don't paste many pictures.

To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods.
---Lazerous Long
11-03-2009 2:13 PM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

11-06-2009 4:59 AM

I never had problems until this week. Now every problem crops up... missing text, formatting faling through the floor, etc. Blech

Diane
11-06-2009 4:59 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Member Posting Policy Forum Staff 1 6,660 04-18-2021 10:08 PM
Last Post: Anon
  Member Notification of Change to Posting Policy Forum Staff 44 22,852 11-12-2012 5:21 PM
Last Post: ??????