Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
JV Kohl's new product...
Pherosoup
Checking out the place

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
3 thanks in 3 posts

RE: JV Kohl's new product...
06-21-2010 4:46 AM

I don't know how it is legally configured in the USA, but in Spain (as well as in the whole European Union territory) we have a complete set of laws in order to prevent unloyal commercial behaviours (including advertising: fake claims, fake products, using others' reputation or product characteristics to promote their own ones...). If you find it difficult to deal with all these matters and you'd like to concentrate on the pure scientific part of the job, you may hire a specialized lawyer so you can start to kick everybody's asses regarding the protection and commercialization of your creations.

(06-17-2010 2:32 AM)jvkohl Wrote:  As soon as I announce the details of the mix, marketers will again begin to further bastardize the concept of human pheromones by making claims that their product contains X and Y, and "studies" show that the combination of X and Y effects behavior, without saying what the studies actually showed, or who did the work. Meanwhile, our results will require replication before other scientists move forward. That's the problem I've been dealing with since I published "The Scent of Eros." I want to see scientific advances; marketers just want to see more money. Their ridiculous and baseless claims make skeptics of many people, including researchers that might otherwise begin work on replication.

Best wishes for your successful charity work.

James V. Kohl
06-21-2010 4:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by SeriousSmile
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 148
Thanks received:
229 thanks in 164 posts

06-21-2010 9:54 AM

We have truth in advertising laws here as well. There are just loop holes and some marketers make exaggerated claims. Some dont keep up with the current research and update there websites. Some will just flat out lie to sell there products. That's why there are consumer sites like this one, unconnected to marketers to report and share information on products with others who have used them. To help people sort out the information and make better decisions when they purchase.

Consumers best bet is not fall for the hype from marketers. Research....ask questions.......... then come to your own conclusion. Explore with like minded people their experiences with products. Not in an affiliate blog but in a live venue like the forums. Yes you will see some good results and some bad. Some possible placebo effects as well but you will have a more clear picture of the product before investing.

If your interested in scientific data look into that as well but try to stick to the more current publications like on James updated site pheromones.com which is very impressive by the way, because science and discovery is ever changing and sometimes mistaken (as in the great VNO debate). He has a lot more current studies and such on his site. The motive of marketers is money. The motive of scientists should be discovery and truth not who gets credit, who is first or proving marketers wrong.

I understand how frustrating the hype can be. The pheromone industry is not the only place it occurs. Its part of life though. I dont think it will ever deter a serious scientist in trying to discover the truth though.

Dont let it get you down James. Your doing a great job, each time you publish, experiment or just share your knowledge you make a difference in the pheromone world. Change can be frustratingly slow though.

Tisha
06-21-2010 9:54 AM
jvkohl
Expert

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks received:
493 thanks in 201 posts

06-21-2010 8:28 PM

Thanks, Tisha and Pherosoup,

I continue to be more interested in the science than in money, and that's why I decided not to wait for patent protection when I first formulated my products. A patent on anything invites litigation because if it's patented, it's worth stealing. The theft lands both the inventor/researcher and the marketer/thief in court. The inventor/researcher can't continue research when time must be devoted to helping provide information to any attorney who is trying to stop someone else from capitalizing on the work of others.

What's interesting to me about pheromone research is the amount of hype that developed around the false concept of a functional human VNO, and the "sixth sense" marketing approach. Most of the product ads today mention the human VNO, which should be a dead giveaway as to the zero credibility of their product. And most product lines provide no information on the "human pheromones" they supposedly claim are the reason their products work. Yet people continue to spend millions of dollars on these products without a wonder about what the honest researchers have to say. So, how does one know who is honest, and who is not?

Tisha's right; any buyer who doesn't find out what's in a product and why it works (as supported by research findings) is almost assuredly wasting their money. If research results aren't in, or are not generally accepted, going with popular opinion about products is fine, since you can always get lucky in attempts to find something that works. But it also pays to search the journal articles and professional sites to see who, if anyone, is working behind the scenes. Try and find recent publications on human pheromones by the people who say they "discovered" them, or know something that others don't know about them. This may take a few hours of your time, but you're likely to be spending the dollar equivalent of the unpaid time it takes you to learn what it is a human pheromone-enhanced product should contain to do what it is supposed to do.

James V. Kohl
06-21-2010 8:28 PM
Thanks given by SeriousSmile

Vaccine
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 6
Thanks received:
64 thanks in 18 posts

06-22-2010 12:54 AM

Hey JVK,

I too am a lover of the Scent of Eros and I can't wait to see your latest work.

Good luck with your presentation!
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2010 12:55 AM by Vaccine.)
06-22-2010 12:54 AM
JAYCEE
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 252
Thanks received:
415 thanks in 207 posts

07-03-2010 5:39 AM

OK, it's July 3rd. What's the name of the new product, what effect was it designed to have, and where can we but it?

I can't wait to try it out!!!
07-03-2010 5:39 AM
tezza23
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 23
Thanks received:
39 thanks in 10 posts

07-03-2010 6:39 PM

Given that it's the 4th of July weekend, I wouldn't expect any announcements until people have slept off their hangovers. Laugh1
07-03-2010 6:39 PM
jvkohl
Expert

Thanks Given: 34
Thanks received:
493 thanks in 201 posts

11-30-2010 5:29 PM

I posted two video clips from my Mensa presentation to YouTube. I sold a few bottles of the new (and old) products, but haven't had the time to set up any marketing effort with the new one: The Mind's Eyes, which was specifically formulated for spray delivery, based on results from a series of studies of college student women.

James V. Kohl

(07-03-2010 6:39 PM)tezza23 Wrote:  Given that it's the 4th of July weekend, I wouldn't expect any announcements until people have slept off their hangovers. Laugh1
11-30-2010 5:29 PM

Doggy Style
Checking out the place

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
10 thanks in 2 posts

12-06-2010 7:43 PM

Hey James,

Is the new product available for purchase, then? Just not being marketed yet? If so, how can one get ahold of some? Scent of Eros is my all-time favorite; I'd love to see what your new product is like.

--Dog
12-06-2010 7:43 PM
JAYCEE
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 252
Thanks received:
415 thanks in 207 posts

12-06-2010 8:46 PM

I'd love to try it too. Scent of Eros is still one of my favs.
12-06-2010 8:46 PM
bonadzz
Vendor

Thanks Given: 294
Thanks received:
468 thanks in 157 posts

12-09-2010 4:10 AM

I as well would love to try your new product! I'm a huge fan of Scent of Eros !

also found this when i was looking for The Mind's Eyes online.
Big Grin

You show love, you get love

Founder, Owner, and Operator.
12-09-2010 4:10 AM

Share This Thread