Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best Long Range Cover Scents?
wiserd
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 194
Thanks received:
267 thanks in 156 posts

RE: Best Long Range Cover Scents?
06-02-2012 4:01 AM

I'd say "get a praline de santal" sample but they don't seem to have it at basenotes. Not that it makes an unusually good cover scent but it's one that I like.
06-02-2012 4:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Lexy
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks received:
102 thanks in 68 posts

06-02-2012 10:56 AM

(06-02-2012 3:06 AM)od1 Wrote:  Hi Lexy, yeah, it is sweet although I remember it having a bit of the tobacco undertone. My understanding is that it leans towards the feminine although it's still "supposed" to be unisex?

I've never heard of Kilian, but it looks like Zahras doesn't carry that. I haven't gotten a suggestion for what else to get at the basenotes.net site. If I don't get any suggestions by Monday I'll ask Zahras to send me a bunch of good stuff in addition to the 3 I want. I read another thread where someone got sent a bunch of samples for the $12 shipping fee. Smile

Yeah it's supposed to be unisex but it is on the sweet side. Although it really doesn't scream female at me and I would definitely not mind snuggling a man that smells like it. I wonder how it would turn out if you used it with the Oud Wood or Blue Oud, might give it a more masculine feel. I know I would probably die if I smelled Oud Wood and Ambre Narguile together on a man! mmmm Heat

“I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings. Let us work together for unity and love.” ~Gandhi
06-02-2012 10:56 AM
Thanks given by od1
as33156
Ubermensch

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 4658
Thanks received:
2419 thanks in 879 posts

06-03-2012 4:46 PM

(05-18-2012 1:48 PM)Lexy Wrote:  Tom Ford Oud Wood has an amazing range and is a great cover IMHO, plus it smells mmm so good!! ...I love it on myself, but I love it even more on a man. I call it a "panty dropper" fragrance. lol Blush

Tuscan Leather is another great one, smells like leather and smoke..like a man rode his horse then went into a pub to smoke a fine cigar...and eventho it has a long range, it also has a close to the skin feel about it.

There is something about the alcohol (or ingredients) that Thierry Mugler uses in his fragrances that makes them long range and last a long time, really long time. Chanel is the same way.

One of the best covers that I have found for Copulins is Ambre Narguile by Hermes. Copulins are completely undetectable when I have this baby on, it's strong with amazing silage, one or two sprays is all I need. I believe it's unisex altho it's sweet, the best way I can describe the scent is like elegant wearable Cinnabons with musky pipe tobacoo. I would put it in the same family as Tobacoo Vanille by Tom Ford. It's pretty expensive tho so I only use it once in a while.

I have the Tom ford along with some of his suits. That colonge with some mones and the suit = GOD

Totally forgot about that bottle. To bad I didn't bring it with me.

My Journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Nice-guy-to...n=lastpost

Stay Congruent My Friends
06-03-2012 4:46 PM
Thanks given by Lexy
od1
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks received:
4 thanks in 3 posts

06-04-2012 10:23 PM

Haha, that's funny! I still haven't gotten any suggestions for what else to get from Zahras, so I'll just ask them to throw in a bunch of good stuff for men. I do look forward to receiving the Surrati clones.

Maybe once they arrive I'll mix the two together and see what one of my friends thinks. Wink

(06-02-2012 10:56 AM)Lexy Wrote:  Yeah it's supposed to be unisex but it is on the sweet side. Although it really doesn't scream female at me and I would definitely not mind snuggling a man that smells like it. I wonder how it would turn out if you used it with the Oud Wood or Blue Oud, might give it a more masculine feel. I know I would probably die if I smelled Oud Wood and Ambre Narguile together on a man! mmmm Heat
06-04-2012 10:23 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cover scents -- Yes or No ? Gojira 9 429 03-08-2012 12:45 PM
Last Post: Fly So Hi
  Ouds and Attars as cover scents. Lucent 9 523 03-03-2012 12:52 PM
Last Post: Lucent
  will cover scents make people think of me when they smell it PLEASE HELP drummerboy 3 412 04-09-2011 4:45 AM
Last Post: drummerboy