Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best Long Range Cover Scents?
Lexy
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 203
Thanks received:
102 thanks in 68 posts

RE: Best Long Range Cover Scents?
05-19-2012 12:59 PM

The Perfumed Court might have a sample too.

“I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings. Let us work together for unity and love.” ~Gandhi
05-19-2012 12:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
od1
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 9
Thanks received:
4 thanks in 3 posts

05-23-2012 6:45 PM

Thanks, I looked up The Perfumed Court and their reseller ratings profile is pretty bad:

I'm going to San Francisco on Friday though so I'll get a sample of Ambre Narguile from the Hermes store while I'm there!
(This post was last modified: 05-23-2012 6:46 PM by od1.)
05-23-2012 6:45 PM
Pheroman
Shaking The Shire

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1763
Thanks received:
1540 thanks in 653 posts

05-23-2012 7:07 PM

Most of those reseller ratings are as useless good or bad.
TPC is a good vendor.

My journal http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-PheroMan
My product list http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-...8#pid36108
You think I am crazy? I know i am!
05-23-2012 7:07 PM

Data4
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 42
Thanks received:
257 thanks in 98 posts

05-27-2012 4:10 PM

I'm guessing the problem people have with TPC is a question of value. The decants are pretty pricey, but if all you're looking for is a sample, they're as good a place to get one as any other. I wouldn't get more than 5 ml. max, however. Any more and you're spending too much.
05-27-2012 4:10 PM
od1
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
4 thanks in 3 posts

05-27-2012 6:14 PM

Well, I ended up getting the hook up from a girl who is a manager at the Hermes store! She gave me 3 sample vials of Ambre Narguile, and 3 other sample bottles (2 of Poivre and 1 other). The sample vials are pretty large too!

She kept saying sorry that she couldn't have mailed them out and gave me her card. I don't live in the area, but I was in the city that day so I could stop by the store. Not sure if pheromones had anything to do with this score of pricey fragrances! Wink

I think I should decant these into atomizers because the the vial tops don't have dipsticks. Any suggestions on where to get the atomizers and best method for decanting? I want to make sure I don't spill anything because these are so expensive.

Also, I emailed Zahras.com last Wednesday, but I haven't heard back from them. They say they try to get back to customers within a day. I want samples of Surrati's Tom Oud, Tuscan Leather, and Black Aoud clones. I also emailed Surrati directly yesterday. Maybe I'll hear back from them. If I don't, is there anywhere else I can get these clones? I'm very curious to try the Tom Oud and Tuscan Leather clones in particular.

Thanks! Smile
05-27-2012 6:14 PM
wiserd
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 194
Thanks received:
267 thanks in 156 posts

05-29-2012 12:05 PM

One thing about The Perfumed Court; their glass vials are fragile. Mine broke after about two days. All the material, gone. You may want to consider transfering some of the material to another container, or all of it to a plastic container if you order from them.
05-29-2012 12:05 PM
Thanks given by terry0400-40
Lexy
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
102 thanks in 68 posts

05-30-2012 12:55 PM

(05-27-2012 6:14 PM)od1 Wrote:  Well, I ended up getting the hook up from a girl who is a manager at the Hermes store! She gave me 3 sample vials of Ambre Narguile, and 3 other sample bottles (2 of Poivre and 1 other). The sample vials are pretty large too!

She kept saying sorry that she couldn't have mailed them out and gave me her card. I don't live in the area, but I was in the city that day so I could stop by the store. Not sure if pheromones had anything to do with this score of pricey fragrances! Wink

I think I should decant these into atomizers because the the vial tops don't have dipsticks. Any suggestions on where to get the atomizers and best method for decanting? I want to make sure I don't spill anything because these are so expensive.

Also, I emailed Zahras.com last Wednesday, but I haven't heard back from them. They say they try to get back to customers within a day. I want samples of Surrati's Tom Oud, Tuscan Leather, and Black Aoud clones. I also emailed Surrati directly yesterday. Maybe I'll hear back from them. If I don't, is there anywhere else I can get these clones? I'm very curious to try the Tom Oud and Tuscan Leather clones in particular.

Thanks! Smile

Oh wow 6 total? that's great.. the stuck up lady's from the Hermes store never want to give me samples! lol

“I offer you peace. I offer you love. I offer you friendship. I see your beauty. I hear your need. I feel your feelings. Let us work together for unity and love.” ~Gandhi
05-30-2012 12:55 PM

od1
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
4 thanks in 3 posts

05-31-2012 12:17 PM

Haha, yeah, I had read some poor yelp reviews on the SF Hermes store...but I could care less about designer bullshit. I just wanted some fragrances that are supposed to be dope! Wink Maybe she's one of the cool employees working there.

So a rep from Zahras.com finally got back to me. I'll be getting:

1) Surrati's Tom Oudh
2) Surrati's Tom Tuscan Leather
3) Surrati's (Montale) Black Aoud
4) one from our available range.

Suggestions for the 4th one? Smile

Edit: I suppose I could also add Montale's Black Aoud to the list unless the Surrati clone is similar enough.
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2012 12:21 PM by od1.)
05-31-2012 12:17 PM
Lexy
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
102 thanks in 68 posts

06-01-2012 5:31 PM

(05-31-2012 12:17 PM)od1 Wrote:  Haha, yeah, I had read some poor yelp reviews on the SF Hermes store...but I could care less about designer bullshit. I just wanted some fragrances that are supposed to be dope! Wink Maybe she's one of the cool employees working there.

So a rep from Zahras.com finally got back to me. I'll be getting:

1) Surrati's Tom Oudh
2) Surrati's Tom Tuscan Leather
3) Surrati's (Montale) Black Aoud
4) one from our available range.

Suggestions for the 4th one? Smile

Edit: I suppose I could also add Montale's Black Aoud to the list unless the Surrati clone is similar enough.

Did you like the Ambre Narguile or was it too sweet for you?

What about something by Kilian? I love Back To Black but I don't know how it would smell on a guy.

06-01-2012 5:31 PM
od1
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks received:
4 thanks in 3 posts

06-02-2012 3:06 AM

Hi Lexy, yeah, it is sweet although I remember it having a bit of the tobacco undertone. My understanding is that it leans towards the feminine although it's still "supposed" to be unisex?

I've never heard of Kilian, but it looks like Zahras doesn't carry that. I haven't gotten a suggestion for what else to get at the basenotes.net site. If I don't get any suggestions by Monday I'll ask Zahras to send me a bunch of good stuff in addition to the 3 I want. I read another thread where someone got sent a bunch of samples for the $12 shipping fee. Smile
06-02-2012 3:06 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cover scents -- Yes or No ? Gojira 9 429 03-08-2012 12:45 PM
Last Post: Fly So Hi
  Ouds and Attars as cover scents. Lucent 9 523 03-03-2012 12:52 PM
Last Post: Lucent
  will cover scents make people think of me when they smell it PLEASE HELP drummerboy 3 412 04-09-2011 4:45 AM
Last Post: drummerboy