Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Anyone have any experience with Curcumin (extract from Turmeric)?
Data4
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Anyone have any experience with Curcumin (extract from Turmeric)?
03-05-2017 12:13 PM

I've been dealing with lower back pain for some time and found out I have a herniated disk. I was going to get a cortisone injection, but I found out that it'll cost me over $700 after insurance, and the effects are short lived. The other option is surgery which, while likely a more long term solution, will be much more expensive and will have me pretty much out of commission for 6 to 8 weeks.

Before I take that step, I'm looking into natural anti-inflammatories. I know you can't really miracle away a herniated disk, but according to my doctor, the pain associated with it is due to an inflammatory reaction to it hitting my spinal nerve on occasion, based either on my sleeping position or if I stand up or bend over without first locking down my core muscles.

I was just wondering if any of you have tried using curcumin for musclo-skeletal issues and what results, if any, you've seen.

Thanks!
03-05-2017 12:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RussianWolf

Rep Post

RE: Anyone have any experience with Curcumin (extract from Turmeric)?
03-05-2017 12:53 PM

I'd recommend a combination of Tumeric, Ginger, and White Willow Bark. Along with a diet high in raw fruit and vegetables.

You want to know the truth, but then when it's given to you; you don't know what to do with it.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2017 12:55 PM by RussianWolf.)
03-05-2017 12:53 PM
Alphonse
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

03-05-2017 1:04 PM

I take it regularly to deal with nagging wrestling/lifting injuries along with turmeric milk. It works very well at reducing pain, but you will still need to take it easy and allow plenty of time to rest and heal if you are engaging in athletic endeavours. A side benefit is that it gives wonderfully refreshing and deep sleep.

If you want to forego the cortisone injects and don't mind jabbing research peptides TB500 helped alot with some back issues. It's a research peptide, so do your research and use at your own risk. Still better than cortisone IMO.

A
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2017 1:05 PM by Alphonse.)
03-05-2017 1:04 PM
Data4
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

03-05-2017 1:36 PM

Thanks guys.

@RussianWolf, I'm actually turning to a more raw centered diet. I don't think I'll ever give up completely on red meat or meats in general, but I'm limiting myself to fish and white meat chicken overall, and will indulge in a steak maybe once a month. Otherwise, I've been doing a lot with green smoothies as meal replacements for breakfast and lunch and limiting my snacking to the occasional handful of nuts and/or berries. I think that alone has given me an improvement in my back, as I'm also losing weight that I had been slowly regaining over the last few years. I let down my guard this morning while doing laundry and bent over the wrong way, causing a very sudden reminder that I need to pay attention to my back.
03-05-2017 1:36 PM

Arsenic
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

03-05-2017 3:19 PM

Turmeric is great for inflammation. Chiming in to what RussianWolf said, White willow is where tylenol comes from, so be careful with that one. I wouldn't take it all the time. Ginger is also a great option and goes well with Turmeric. I agree that a change in diet will also be helpful although I have nothing new to add here as far as insight goes. If you have never heard of Apple Cider Vinegar I would look into that as it is extremely helpful with inflammation and has a host of other health benefits. If the taste isnt your thing (I HATE vinegar) then amazon has a few brands to choose from for purchasing ACV capsules.

Something you may also consider is CBD. It is derived from pot and is responsible for most of the medical effects of the plan but it is not psychoactive, aka it does not make you high or alter your perception, and the molecule alone is legal in the US. For a cheaper option, as CBD can be expensive, look into Rick Simpson oil on YouTube. It is a home brew extract which involves purchasing pot. I don't know where you stand on that matter so just food for thought. I make home-brew canna capsules and they help tremendously with muscle pain.

Current Loot (2019)
LAL: AlphaQ, BW, DP, Nude, NA, Passion Copulin, Wolf
PSX: Evolve, Ascend
Alpha Dream:Glace, Alpha Maschio
Apex: TUSC, C36

Journey into my mind
03-05-2017 3:19 PM
Data4
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

03-05-2017 6:04 PM

Thanks, Arsenic.

I've seen articles here and there about ACV, but I have to admit, most of it seemed a little too good to be true. I'm a natural skeptic when it comes to alternative treatments, and I only gave curcumin serious thought after reading up about its cancer fighting properties. My sister was diagnosed with uterine cancer and just had a radical hysterectomy, and will be undergoing chemo pretty soon. I was doing some research on her behalf, and found that curcumin has had some pretty serious medical research, with many entries in various Journals of Medicine. I discovered it was also great for inflammation, which is why I am considering it for myself. I'll definitely do more research on ACV and see if that will be something useful for me.

I think you meant aspirin, regarding White Willow Bark. I may have to look into that as well, since I have a sensitivity to regular aspirin and other NSAIDs.

I've also read about CBD. I'm not generally opposed to pot when consumed responsibly, much as I feel with alcohol, but I don't partake due to my work situation. Even if it was legal for rec use in my state (which it isn't), my company is a government contractor and abides by federal law in matters like this. While CBD is indeed legal here-- it's sold in my local vape shop, for example-- I would be concerned about whether it appears in drug tests as a hit.
03-05-2017 6:04 PM
Muad'Dib
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

03-05-2017 8:35 PM

(03-05-2017 6:04 PM)Data4 Wrote:  I've seen articles here and there about ACV, but I have to admit, most of it seemed a little too good to be true. I'm a natural skeptic when it comes to alternative treatments, and I only gave curcumin serious thought after reading up about its cancer fighting properties. My sister was diagnosed with uterine cancer and just had a radical hysterectomy, and will be undergoing chemo pretty soon. I was doing some research on her behalf, and found that curcumin has had some pretty serious medical research, with many entries in various Journals of Medicine. I discovered it was also great for inflammation, which is why I am considering it for myself. I'll definitely do more research on ACV and see if that will be something useful for me.

I've seen those articles also. I guess the only way to know for sure is to try using a standardized extract at safe doses. Only eating fruits and veggies is excellent. No dairy, or anything that has hormones in it. No meats. High doses of vitamin C, at least 3 Gm a day, some recommend up to 10 Gm daily.

You may have seen this video on YouTube, called Cancer; The Forbidden Cures. In it they show a number of cures that got buried by the medical establishment, the first one in the series is called ESSIAC. It's sold online. So, watch this video, and see what you think. Look up ESSIAC. Many people in the documentary swear by it.

Verrrrrry interesting...
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2017 8:39 PM by Muad'Dib.)
03-05-2017 8:35 PM
DataDragon - Banned
Banned

06-22-2017 7:40 PM

I currently take this Cucurmin for the last few months for helping with my mercury detox, and one pill is equivalent to 2772 mg of a typical 95% curcumin extract in a form your body can absorb much better (Bio Available). I tried a few others and this one was by far the best. My step father and mother both take this one too and mentioned it worked for arthritis pain for them, and for my step dad, gout like inflammation of the foot. I do not have any arthritis pain to give an opinion on that part.

Curcumin, which has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, is the most active part of turmeric, making up between 2 to 6 percent of this spice.

Apx M3X, C36, Imt, Core, Tit, Dion, Man2
PT THU, Swn, GoA, 0to69, AT, Astax
LAL AlQ, Wlf, AV, BW, DP
PXS DMe o, Tab, Evol, Coh, Asc, P96,86, Bls, Cnx, Xist
LuvE Max Attr, ScErs o
Lacroy NPATc,NPA 5,Edge,B2B
LovSc ScErs g
AD AM LIIK V1+2 6-17,Cert
LPMP WM, WM/PM, HuTr, HThr, HMet, MkGn, ShEs, Aja
Oth IsoESup
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2017 7:53 PM by DataDragon.)
06-22-2017 7:40 PM

plamkish
Checking out the place

Sex:

Rep Post

06-22-2017 8:14 PM

To increase the absorption of the turmeric it has to be taken with black paper (about 200%). You can buy capsules which are combination of both.
06-22-2017 8:14 PM
DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Rep Post

06-22-2017 8:55 PM

@Data4. This is completely out of topic. But me sole intention is to help.

Have u thought about binaural beats? A mate of mine has back pains and he uses binaural beats for temporary reliefs.

Combine all of the above with binaural beats if it helps. Arsenic's thread is a good start for it. And me mate rekons those ones work too. I vouch for the NTZ binaural beat he uploaded.

https://pherotruth.com/Thread-I-Doser-My...ertainment

Get well soon mate! Smile
06-22-2017 8:55 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Curcumin (Tumeric) as Effective as Prozac for Mental Health DarkLord1 15 6,186 02-05-2016 9:50 PM
Last Post: RTBoss
Big Grin Natural teeth whitening at home with turmeric Being 13 7,027 01-07-2014 10:42 PM
Last Post: wiserd