Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Alexandria Fragrances...
Snoopyace
The Love God

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Alexandria Fragrances...
01-01-2022 12:22 PM

Anyone tried these? What's been your experience with them?

I did a search and did not see another thread regarding their scent duplications (ie knock off scents) and was curious because I ordered a sample pack of 7 scents from them at the beginning of December. I really liked what I'd gotten so I actually bought a full, 60 ml bottle of their 'Inspiration' of Bleu De Chanel. I also picked up a four pack of travel atomizers with their interpretations of, Eau Sauvage EDP, Apple Brandy, Elysium, and an original scent of theirs called Hafez 1984. I have to say, I have actually really like their scents.

I'm really impressed with the performance of their scents as well. I was wearing Wasted Moment (their version of Apply Brandy from By Kilian) and not only did it smell incredible, I can still smell it almost 24 hours later. People were still smelling it on me from 3' (almost 1m away) 12 hours later. I put 1 spray to the back of my neck and two sprays to the chest under my shirt.

For those who are interested in that sort of thing, the bottle presentation is also pretty impressive. My 60 ml bottle of Bleu Memoire (Bleu De Chanel) is a cobalt blue bottle with a wood cap. It's really well done and you can find examples online.

For a scent clone house they are not cheap but even the original scent I tried, Hafez 1984 is an incredibly rich, boozy tobacco-centric scent. This is a very cold weather scent. It'd be WAY too cloying in warm weather but my bride went crazy for this one when I wore it. Perfect for a date, or any cold weather occasion.

I know some of you aren't fans of the idea of these clone houses, but I have to say that I have gone into this with the mindset that when I get a compliment I tell people what I'm wearing instead of trying to pass it off as the original. People are still impressed with the quality and don't care that it's not a niche or designer fragrance.

I'd suggest going with the sample pack (I got mine when the had a 30% off sale going on so it was cheaper than it's normal $50 price tag.) I found out that Dark Knight (their version of Black Phantom from By Kilian) is a HUGE compliment magnet. So I would tell people I was wearing Dark Knight. Or I was wearing Zion, instead of trying to pass it off as Elysium. Nobody around me cares that I didn't spend $300 on the scent.

If anyone decides to try them I'd be interested to see what you thought. I personally really like them for designer/niche fragrances. I find the quality to be quite nice and even my favorite Bleu De Chanel interpretation smells about 85% similar. It's just a bit less refined, a bit stronger, more like the raucous brother of Bleu. I actually like Bleu Memoire better, though. It projects better, lasts longer, gets just as many compliments, etc. All for $45 for a 60 ml bottle.

Edited to correct the price of a bottle of Bleu Memoire. It is actually only $45 and not $67. Some scents like Sauvage are $67 for their 60ml bottles. Only you can decide if the quality is worth the price. Personally? I am getting a 100ml bottle of Dark Knight and one of Zion very soon.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2022 12:36 PM by Snoopyace.)
01-01-2022 12:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Robby
Just passin' through...

Rep Post

RE: Alexandria Fragrances...
01-02-2022 6:13 PM

I own over 20 Alexandria Fragrances, in sprays and tins. I also own close to 20 from Dua Brand fragrances. I didn't count them, but I estimated conservatively.

Some of the employees from Dua Brand started at Alexandria and left to go out on their own. Both companies operate here in Sothern California and are very similar overall. The guy (or guys) from Alexandria originally started out at Perfume Parlour in London. More about PP in a minute.

I started buying Alexandria stuff at the beginning of the pandemic, and then I started buying Dua Brand stuff. Dua is more expensive, but they have a lot more sales at 30%. Alexandia offers sales, but they offer them more sporadically at 20% off. You will find many more products at Dua, as they like to do more clone mashups. I cannot say anything negative about either Alexandria or Dua. If I recall, Hafez 1984 and one or two others are claimed to be originals, but that is not true. They are all clones. Among the clones Dua and Alexandria sell are copies of fragrances that are no longer made, like the original D&G for men. In my experience, among these two houses, sometimes Alexandria has the version of a clone that I prefer, and sometimes I prefer the clone from Dua.

There is one scent that I ordered from both Dua and Alexandria where I feel the Alexandria version smells nicer than the Dua, but the Dua works much better with pheromones for several reasons, one of which is to really kick up the pleasure centers of the brain. Among the ways I use it is mix some into SteveO's (PheromoneXS) Massage oil (which effects everyone involved intensely) and that massage oil is already awesome on its own. And I have my own blend of TALGBC (The Atomic Love God Bomb w cops) using this scent as the carrier that I use when I want to make everyone go kooky. I hesitate to mention the name because I am not joking when I say this stuff is addicting. It's also my secret weapon. The scent is not addicting, but the way you feel and what happens when you wear it can be very addicting. I try to limit my use of it for that reason. So, for the moment at least, I'll hold off the mention of the name.

Having said all that, if I knew when I started down this road, what I know now, I'd buy my clones from Perfume Parlour in London, with the one exception from Dua. The Perfume Parlour bottles and packaging are barebones -- as in, no packaging and the bottles are well-made but plain-jane, but I don't care about the fancier bottles Alexandria and Dua use. They offer a larger choice of options compared to Dua or Alexandria, both in terms of size or whether spray or roll-on-- or scent flakes to mix and make your own fragrance and they are cheaper for what you get. What I care about are the scents. I've tried many clone stores here in the US, and I feel PP make better clone matches (or sometimes better than the scent they are cloning), overall. My reaction to many of their dupes has been wow! The downside is the length of time to arrive from the UK. I haven't bought anything since shipping went crazy lately.

I am not crazy about candy type scents, but I know you are Snoop, so I suggest you take a look at Avalanche Rouge.
01-02-2022 6:13 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

01-03-2022 8:05 AM

Thanks for the in-depth reply! I have ordered from Dua but I'm waiting on the scent to sit a couple weeks before I really try it. I received a bottle of Bleu de Dua a week or so ago, sprayed a few sprays and set it aside because it smelled nothing like Bleu de Chanel. I have read that the scents need to macerate for a few weeks before they are really ready to wear. I'll probably spray it later today to check it out.

Thanks for the suggestion of Perfume Parlour. I have been looking at them as well. Their prices are definitely good. I will probably wait until after I get my tax refund and then place a big order through them. Also, thanks for the tip regarding Avalanche Rouge. I have a sample of Game Time Alexandria and that smells really nice, as well. I get a lot of compliments from that scent.

I'm not someone who cares about the presentation either so it really doesn't impress me if a company uses a fancy bottle for cheap smelling cologne but I have really liked what I've ordered from Alexandria, scent wise.

I was wearing Zion (their version of Elysium) yesterday and can still smell it today. The performance has been great on these and I've gotten several compliments. Nothing better than smelling good.

(01-02-2022 6:13 PM)Robby Wrote:  I own over 20 Alexandria Fragrances, in sprays and tins. I also own close to 20 from Dua Brand fragrances. I didn't count them, but I estimated conservatively.

Some of the employees from Dua Brand started at Alexandria and left to go out on their own. Both companies operate here in Sothern California and are very similar overall. The guy (or guys) from Alexandria originally started out at Perfume Parlour in London. More about PP in a minute.

I started buying Alexandria stuff at the beginning of the pandemic, and then I started buying Dua Brand stuff. Dua is more expensive, but they have a lot more sales at 30%. Alexandia offers sales, but they offer them more sporadically at 20% off. You will find many more products at Dua, as they like to do more clone mashups. I cannot say anything negative about either Alexandria or Dua. If I recall, Hafez 1984 and one or two others are claimed to be originals, but that is not true. They are all clones. Among the clones Dua and Alexandria sell are copies of fragrances that are no longer made, like the original D&G for men. In my experience, among these two houses, sometimes Alexandria has the version of a clone that I prefer, and sometimes I prefer the clone from Dua.

There is one scent that I ordered from both Dua and Alexandria where I feel the Alexandria version smells nicer than the Dua, but the Dua works much better with pheromones for several reasons, one of which is to really kick up the pleasure centers of the brain. Among the ways I use it is mix some into SteveO's (PheromoneXS) Massage oil (which effects everyone involved intensely) and that massage oil is already awesome on its own. And I have my own blend of TALGBC (The Atomic Love God Bomb w cops) using this scent as the carrier that I use when I want to make everyone go kooky. I hesitate to mention the name because I am not joking when I say this stuff is addicting. It's also my secret weapon. The scent is not addicting, but the way you feel and what happens when you wear it can be very addicting. I try to limit my use of it for that reason. So, for the moment at least, I'll hold off the mention of the name.

Having said all that, if I knew when I started down this road, what I know now, I'd buy my clones from Perfume Parlour in London, with the one exception from Dua. The Perfume Parlour bottles and packaging are barebones -- as in, no packaging and the bottles are well-made but plain-jane, but I don't care about the fancier bottles Alexandria and Dua use. They offer a larger choice of options compared to Dua or Alexandria, both in terms of size or whether spray or roll-on-- or scent flakes to mix and make your own fragrance and they are cheaper for what you get. What I care about are the scents. I've tried many clone stores here in the US, and I feel PP make better clone matches (or sometimes better than the scent they are cloning), overall. My reaction to many of their dupes has been wow! The downside is the length of time to arrive from the UK. I haven't bought anything since shipping went crazy lately.

I am not crazy about candy type scents, but I know you are Snoop, so I suggest you take a look at Avalanche Rouge.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
01-03-2022 8:05 AM
Robby
Just passin' through...

Rep Post

01-03-2022 12:32 PM

Yes, you need to let them sit to macerate properly from both companies. Some take longer than others to reach their potential. It's crazy how different mixes change from the time they arrived. I think Dua goes through their stock much faster than Alexandria because some of the Alexandria scents didn't change. I suspect that was because I was picking oddball stuff that had sat on their shelves long enough.

Besides the ones you've already mentioned (like Zion), I liked some of the Tom Ford clones like FUntastic, Sweet Smoke and Forbidden Plum. I personally like their Arab-leaning scents, as well, such as Hacivaz and Egyptian King, but these are not for everyone.

Looking at the Alexandria website again, I noticed they changed the bottles again, now they're blue. I have their stuff in several different bottle designs. This is the reason I suspect some I purchased were older.

One thing Alexandria offers that I wish pheromone companies offered, is solid cologne in tins. They are amazing to use. Slide the tin in pocket and pull it out when you need a scent boost. No spray mess to spill. Ironically, the Alexandria stuff doesn't need a boost, as you know.
01-03-2022 12:32 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

01-03-2022 2:55 PM

I'm glad to hear that the solid fragrances are winners from Alexandria. I want to try their Dark Knight in the solid. I have a few scents in mind that I am interested from them but I might wait and get from Perfume Parlour.

I just tried my Blue De Dua attar after letting it sit a week and it is amazing how much it smells like the original BDC. The big difference is just how one spray of Bleu de Dua will quite literally fill a room with stinky goodness. I can see how this bottle will last me forever! Great stuff. It really does make me want to try another scent from Dua. They also seem to have 30% off right now so I may be buying something sooner rather than later.

01-03-2022 2:55 PM

UpandComing
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

01-04-2022 6:42 AM

Snoop do you have a code for 30% off Dua? The website lists Dua30 as a promo code but it's only for 15% off.
01-04-2022 6:42 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

01-04-2022 7:01 AM

(01-04-2022 6:42 AM)UpandComing Wrote:  Snoop do you have a code for 30% off Dua? The website lists Dua30 as a promo code but it's only for 15% off.

Dua30 was the code I used and it gave me 30% off so I’m afraid I can’t be of any help there. Sorry.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022 7:11 AM by Snoopyace.)
01-04-2022 7:01 AM
chris92paris
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

01-04-2022 7:51 AM

Thank you for the Perfume Parlour & Alexandria tips

In Europe there is also divainparfums who sells 100ml clones for around 20 eur
They often have promo codes on their front page such as 20% off or 3 for the price of 2

As for DUA 30% off if I remember correctly they usually work on weekends only
Not sure if every weekend almost sure it s once a month but they will surely make this offer again for valentine s day ;)
If you join their mailing list you will receive next coupon codes
01-04-2022 7:51 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

01-04-2022 12:33 PM

It cracks me up how even wearing masks, people can smell pheromones/scents. I was out earlier today wearing Zion (an inspired by Elysium scent but not a true clone from Alexandria) and it is a really, really nice citrus type scent that actually has very good sillage. I was walking down an aisle at the grocery store when I walked past a couple of college age women (both very cute, by the way.)

I walked past the two of them and stopped about 10' (2.5 meters or so) to look for an item. Out of the corner of my eye I see the one Deer in the headlights and I started laughing and wondering if she'd actually smelled my Zion scent. She turns and asks her friend if she smelled 'that'. Her friend didn't smell anything so the first woman tells her she thinks it must have been me she smelled and that I smelled great. She then literally pushes her friend over by me while telling her to see if she can smell me.

Her friend is nonchalantly moving in my direction while pulling her mask down just enough to get her nose out. At about arms length, I see her eyes get bigger for a second. Then she FINALLY asked me if I was wearing cologne. I told her yes and asked if it was too much. "Not at all! It actually smells amazing." I thanked her and told her what it was. Two very happy young ladies then sniffed me one more time before moving on with their day.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022 12:33 PM by Snoopyace.)
01-04-2022 12:33 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

01-12-2022 2:00 PM

I was working over the holidays as a Personal Vehicle Driver for UPS so I could earn a little extra cash to support my stinky stuff habit and today was my official last day. This morning I happened to be wearing Bleu Memoire as my MILF Magnet cover scent. I went into the UPS 'hub' to return my fancy vest and scanner so I could move on with my life. I walked into the office and was in the process of giving my gear to the nerdy cute girl sitting there when my sillage trail (or as my wife likes to call it, my stink trail) hit my unsuspecting victim.

I should also mention that most companies near me have a sort of understanding with the employees that as long as they are all sequestered in the same building and are not interacting with the general public that masks are not only optional, but sort of ignored completely so she did not have a mask on.

Actual conversation:

"OH! IT'S YOU!!"

Why yes. Yes it is. *insert smile here*

*smile returned* "No, we had a bet as to which PVD smelled so good. We had it narrowed down to either you or Mike but we didn't think he was classy enough to care about smelling nice." You always smell awesome whenever you are in." *slight blush*

Thanks! I always do my best to please.

"You succeed!" *slightly embarrassed look* "I mean, we all love when you come in because you smell like a guy really should. What are you wearing today?"

This led to a 5 minute conversation about how she wishes the guys her age (28 years old) around our area understood women and weren't just Playstation playing children in a mansuit. Her words, not mine. It was funny. When I left she was looking up the website for Alexandria Fragrances in her phone.

Guys, even with pheromones, if the way you stink doesn't draw her in, you are going to be working at least twice as hard to get her interest. How you present yourself matters. Pick your style and embrace it. Scent, clothing, personality, etc. Just be you. The world will love you for it.

(This post was last modified: 01-12-2022 2:01 PM by Snoopyace.)
01-12-2022 2:00 PM

Share This Thread