Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Alexandria Fragrances...
UpandComing
Getting comfortable

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Alexandria Fragrances...
01-21-2022 11:27 PM

(01-21-2022 11:19 PM)Snoopyace Wrote:  I don't think it'd be a problem to decant and dilute them. I read that the Attar version I got was supposed to have incredible performance but WHOA. I can wear one spray to the back of my neck and one to my torso under my shirt but only if I have half an hour to dry down before I even think about joining humanity. Even then, it's POTENT. I still get a little asthmatic from it, though.

I too ordered Bleu de Dua attar. I'll probably try dilute the decant I already have before the actual bottle shows up then since the asthmatic breathing and sporadic coughing it causes is a bit much for me. I couldn't even imagine using 2 sprays of it at the attar strength.
01-21-2022 11:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

01-22-2022 1:29 AM

Thought I would share an interesting article on scent maceration from Fragrantica.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2022 12:33 PM by Snoopyace.)
01-22-2022 1:29 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

02-12-2022 1:17 PM

I've put my initial Bleu Memoire (Bleu de Chanel EDP) review from the Alexandria website first and and then below that I updated it today. So far, I've been very impressed with these 'inspirations.' Oh, by the way. Arabian Horse which is their Herod by Perfums de Marley inspiration is a BEAST.

I own a current bottle of BdC EDP and while this isn't quite as smooth and refined as my bottle of BdC, I have to say that I actually prefer this to the original. This is Bleu de Chanel's boisterously fun brother. It is everything I love about BdC but it is amped up. A stronger citrus opening that dries down into more of a cedar-centric scent that after about 30 minutes is actually QUITE close to the original but as I mentioned above, just amped up. I bought a sample of this first and liked it so much I bought a big bottle. My favorite 'dumb reach' scent.

If you are a fan of 'blue' scents, I cannot recommend this one enough. It's a crowd pleaser.

Edited on February 12, 2022- I felt the need to add to my original review. I have had my bottle of Bleu Memoire for a couple of months now and I really have to say that this is practically perfect as far as a copy of Bleu d Chanel's EDP goes. I have a bottle of that as well yet find myself reaching for Bleu Memoire MUCH more often. It really does smell like a better performing version of the original. In my first review I mentioned that the cedar was stronger and I honestly didn't get any of the mint in the opening.

Today, I can say that the mint that I LOVED in the original scent is now very present and the cedar has dialed back. This opens and dries down like a much stronger version of BdC EDP. Thank you Hany for making this incredible scent. It just improves my mood and makes me happy to have something I don't have to spend $160 on for a bright, rich, daily wear fragrance. I don't see this as a dumb reach. It's my 'smart reach' because it is just that great on me.

Briefly, if you buy any of the Alexandria fragrances and they don't smell like the original, or you don't feel like they have the performance you'd like then I highly recommend letting them sit a few weeks. When you come back to them I think you'll be very impressed with how the scents will have deepened and the performance will have greatly improved.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
02-12-2022 1:17 PM

Share This Thread