Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Alexandria Fragrances...
Gladen
Pied Piper of Pickup

Sex: Male

RE: Alexandria Fragrances...
01-12-2022 3:20 PM

(01-12-2022 2:00 PM)Snoopyace Wrote:  Just be you. The world will love you for it.
But what if just being yourself means being an abrasive Alphole ® douche-canoe? Asking for a friend.

Isn't Life Actually the Kobayashi Maru? Click to Read My Journal: Gladen's Grimoire
01-12-2022 3:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

01-12-2022 4:17 PM

AHAHA! In that case I say, ‘embrace the alphole!’ Eventually you’ll find other alpholes to hang out.

(01-12-2022 3:20 PM)Gladen Wrote:  But what if just being yourself means being an abrasive Alphole ® douche-canoe? Asking for a friend.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
01-12-2022 4:17 PM
UpandComing
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

01-12-2022 4:19 PM

(01-02-2022 6:13 PM)Robby Wrote:  I own over 20 Alexandria Fragrances, in sprays and tins. I also own close to 20 from Dua Brand fragrances. I didn't count them, but I estimated conservatively.

Some of the employees from Dua Brand started at Alexandria and left to go out on their own. Both companies operate here in Sothern California and are very similar overall. The guy (or guys) from Alexandria originally started out at Perfume Parlour in London. More about PP in a minute.

I started buying Alexandria stuff at the beginning of the pandemic, and then I started buying Dua Brand stuff. Dua is more expensive, but they have a lot more sales at 30%. Alexandia offers sales, but they offer them more sporadically at 20% off. You will find many more products at Dua, as they like to do more clone mashups. I cannot say anything negative about either Alexandria or Dua. If I recall, Hafez 1984 and one or two others are claimed to be originals, but that is not true. They are all clones. Among the clones Dua and Alexandria sell are copies of fragrances that are no longer made, like the original D&G for men. In my experience, among these two houses, sometimes Alexandria has the version of a clone that I prefer, and sometimes I prefer the clone from Dua.

There is one scent that I ordered from both Dua and Alexandria where I feel the Alexandria version smells nicer than the Dua, but the Dua works much better with pheromones for several reasons, one of which is to really kick up the pleasure centers of the brain. Among the ways I use it is mix some into SteveO's (PheromoneXS) Massage oil (which effects everyone involved intensely) and that massage oil is already awesome on its own. And I have my own blend of TALGBC (The Atomic Love God Bomb w cops) using this scent as the carrier that I use when I want to make everyone go kooky. I hesitate to mention the name because I am not joking when I say this stuff is addicting. It's also my secret weapon. The scent is not addicting, but the way you feel and what happens when you wear it can be very addicting. I try to limit my use of it for that reason. So, for the moment at least, I'll hold off the mention of the name.

Having said all that, if I knew when I started down this road, what I know now, I'd buy my clones from Perfume Parlour in London, with the one exception from Dua. The Perfume Parlour bottles and packaging are barebones -- as in, no packaging and the bottles are well-made but plain-jane, but I don't care about the fancier bottles Alexandria and Dua use. They offer a larger choice of options compared to Dua or Alexandria, both in terms of size or whether spray or roll-on-- or scent flakes to mix and make your own fragrance and they are cheaper for what you get. What I care about are the scents. I've tried many clone stores here in the US, and I feel PP make better clone matches (or sometimes better than the scent they are cloning), overall. My reaction to many of their dupes has been wow! The downside is the length of time to arrive from the UK. I haven't bought anything since shipping went crazy lately.

I am not crazy about candy type scents, but I know you are Snoop, so I suggest you take a look at Avalanche Rouge.

So uh... What's the scent from Dua that you're hesitant to share whistle
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2022 4:19 PM by UpandComing.)
01-12-2022 4:19 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

01-12-2022 4:56 PM

(01-12-2022 4:19 PM)UpandComing Wrote:  So uh... What's the scent from Dua that you're hesitant to share whistle

popcornpopcornpopcorn

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
01-12-2022 4:56 PM
Primross
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

01-13-2022 7:55 PM

He's probably referring to an initio parfums cologne. Its heavy in hedone that triggers the pleasure sensors in the brain
01-13-2022 7:55 PM

Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

01-14-2022 7:03 PM

Hafez 1984

Hard work, dedication, commitment to excellence. You follow this pathway to success, which is why you deserve to wear Hafez 1984, an original creation from Alexandria Fragrances. A fragrance that drips with superior quality, Hafez 1984 bursts with premium cavendish tobacco layered with creamy vanilla, accompanied by hints of rich leather, heady rum, fragrant patchouli, and exotic spices. The opening is further adorned with the suggestion of tempting dark fruity notes to make the mouth water. Hafez 1984: come and see what dedication smells like.

Time of day: Any time

Notes: Tobacco, Vanille, Patchouli, Rum, Exotic Spices

Wow. I blind bought a travel spray of this one because I was intrigued by the scent notes. Full disclosure, when I first sprayed this on I wondered if I'd made a horrible mistake. It smelled very jumbled, very much as though all the scent notes were in competition with each other and not working in any sort of harmony. After about 10 or so minutes I was met with a scent that was really starting to sort out and become much smoother. The mid and long drydown on this scent are absolutely amazing. Just smooth, boozy, and strong without becoming overpowering. This is a very strong performer with excellent projection and an incredible sillage trail. Do not make the mistake of over spraying.

To my nose, this could probably be worn by someone as young as their mid to late twenties depending on the situation but I do feel it wears a bit more experienced. This is not a scent to be worn by the guy in the mailroom. This is a scent to be worn by a CEO or someone who just wants to feel like a million bucks. I do feel that it could be appropriate for business but I really feel like this excels in a date night situation during fall and winter, especially. I love the compliments I get from this scent. Guys who are trying to blend in need not apply. You'll get a lot of feminine attention from this one.

My short review? Do you like boozy scents? How about sweet tobacco? If you can hang on past the first 10 or 15 minutes, you will absolutely be rewarded with an amazing scent that will literally last until the next day on your skin.

*puts finger to forehead* I foresee a 100ml bottle of this one in my near future! Gentlemen, it's that good.

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2022 7:04 PM by Snoopyace.)
01-14-2022 7:03 PM
RussianWolf

Rep Post

01-14-2022 9:19 PM

Thanks Snoop, sounds right up my alley. Also intrigued by the travel tins as well

You want to know the truth, but then when it's given to you; you don't know what to do with it.
01-14-2022 9:19 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

01-14-2022 9:20 PM

(01-14-2022 9:19 PM)RussianWolf Wrote:  Thanks Snoop, sounds right up my alley. Also intrigued by the travel tins as well

Me too! I have one of those coming in Smolder scent from the sister company of Alexandria called Sphinx beard.

01-14-2022 9:20 PM
Robby
Just passin' through...

Rep Post

01-16-2022 4:04 AM

(01-13-2022 7:55 PM)Primross Wrote:  He's probably referring to an initio parfums cologne. Its heavy in hedone that triggers the pleasure sensors in the brain

This is correct, Primross. Specifically, Aphrodisiac, which is based on Psychedelic Love.
(This post was last modified: 01-16-2022 4:04 AM by Robby.)
01-16-2022 4:04 AM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

01-16-2022 6:22 AM

(01-16-2022 4:04 AM)Robby Wrote:  This is correct, Primross. Specifically, Aphrodisiac, which is based on Psychedelic Love.

Cool. Good to know the name fits.

01-16-2022 6:22 AM

Share This Thread