Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Alexandria Fragrances...
Primross
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

RE: Alexandria Fragrances...
01-20-2022 8:02 PM

(01-16-2022 4:04 AM)Robby Wrote:  This is correct, Primross. Specifically, Aphrodisiac, which is based on Psychedelic Love.

Did you like it? I felt it very floral and feminine
01-20-2022 8:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mona Lisa
Checking out the place

Sex: Female

Rep Post

01-21-2022 8:50 AM

Alexandria is a very reputable dupe house.
I've gotten some recently from Dua, but they haven't sat and macerated so I don't know if they will evolve/change as they sit. As of right now, they smell fantastic with great projection and silage for about 2-4 hours and then becomes skin scent. So, I am a bit disappointed in the longevity. I'm hoping that if they sit for a while, they will become stronger. Although, for the price of a 1 oz. bottle, it's not that much cheaper (sometimes more expensive) than the scent they are duping (depending on what scent you are looking at). The scents themselves are amazing and incredibly well-blended.

I have amazing experiences with Arabian Perfume Oils (APO) and Universal Perfumes & Cosmetics (Uni). They last forever, the scents are deep and intoxicating. I think they are fairly close dupe-wise, and if they aren't then they just smell fantastic on their own. The oils from these companies smell amazing when converted to sprays. They last and last. If you order from Uni, you're better off getting the sample boxes and emailing them the scents you want. The vials are less than half the price this way. I also found a 30% coupon floating around on Reddit when I googled for a coupon code. In the past, they have usually messed up a couple scents, but I order so many that I feel like it'd be impossible to not mess up at least one in such large orders.

I often layer oils and fragrances together so I like to keep them in oil and spray form. I buy the amber spray bottles from Amazon for full size bottles. The atomizer is amazing and you just get huge blasts of fragrance instead of small spurts. I haven't had them clog up and I use a 30:70 ratio of oil:alcohol. I like the 5mL and 10mL clear sample/travel size spray bottles on Amazon as well. That way I have different sizes for my needs.

I have not heard good things about ALT. I think there's a couple scents that are raved about, but for the most part not.
I think Dossier is okay review-wise. I would be willing to try them.

I just have such good luck and good experience with my middle eastern oils that I'm reluctant to fix what isn't broken.

I hope that helps!

***This is my first post. Smile****
I haven't introduced myself, yet.
01-21-2022 8:50 AM
Robby
Just passin' through...

Sex: Male

Rep Post

01-21-2022 2:38 PM

(01-20-2022 8:02 PM)Primross Wrote:  Did you like it? I felt it very floral and feminine

I think it's kind of an odd scent, and yes, it is floral. I'm not that crazy about the smell of this stuff (as I noted, there are better smelling versions), but after my experiences with this product mixed with pheromones, I bought another bottle. For me, it is all about the results.

While I don't think it's a masculine scent in any way, I also didn't read it as feminine either. I just assumed it was unisex. Maybe we just smell it differently. Also, have you had your bottle for a while?

One thing I noticed about both Dua and Alexandria is that to me, the Dua stuff has a slight sameness to it (especially when the bottles first arrive) and so does Alexandria.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022 2:42 PM by Robby.)
01-21-2022 2:38 PM
UpandComing
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

01-21-2022 7:20 PM

(01-21-2022 2:38 PM)Robby Wrote:  I think it's kind of an odd scent, and yes, it is floral. I'm not that crazy about the smell of this stuff (as I noted, there are better smelling versions), but after my experiences with this product mixed with pheromones, I bought another bottle. For me, it is all about the results.

While I don't think it's a masculine scent in any way, I also didn't read it as feminine either. I just assumed it was unisex. Maybe we just smell it differently. Also, have you had your bottle for a while?

One thing I noticed about both Dua and Alexandria is that to me, the Dua stuff has a slight sameness to it (especially when the bottles first arrive) and so does Alexandria.

Robby, if you don't mind me asking, what pheromones do you wear when you're combining with #aphrodisiac? I ordered a bottle after you mentioned it. This thread actually got me down a rabbit hole that lead me to buying like 20+ scents especially after their recent restock and 30% off promo. A couple things I've noticed about the Dua scents is that one they are very potent, like to me one spray is all that's needed. And 2, they almost have this harshness to them that I can feel in the back of my throat breathing them, like it's not so much a bad smell I pick up, but more so like there's a chemical that they use that is irritating in my throat/chest. I find this true for their fragrances straight from the bottle and for decants I've ordered to get a feel for a scent before committing to a full bottle. Anyone else have this experience? I've got plenty of designer colognes and have never had this issue, but with most of Dua's scents I find this to be true. Would it be possible to decant some of their scents and mix with additional perfumers alcohol and possibly dpg to lessen the intensity of their scents? I'm thinking much like the way love potion sells a bottle with perfumer's alcohol so you can convert their scented oils to a sprayable perfume/cologne.
01-21-2022 7:20 PM
Robby
Just passin' through...

Rep Post

01-21-2022 9:10 PM

(01-21-2022 7:20 PM)UpandComing Wrote:  Robby, if you don't mind me asking, what pheromones do you wear when you're combining with #aphrodisiac? I ordered a bottle after you mentioned it. This thread actually got me down a rabbit hole that lead me to buying like 20+ scents especially after their recent restock and 30% off promo. A couple things I've noticed about the Dua scents is that one they are very potent, like to me one spray is all that's needed. And 2, they almost have this harshness to them that I can feel in the back of my throat breathing them, like it's not so much a bad smell I pick up, but more so like there's a chemical that they use that is irritating in my throat/chest. I find this true for their fragrances straight from the bottle and for decants I've ordered to get a feel for a scent before committing to a full bottle. Anyone else have this experience? I've got plenty of designer colognes and have never had this issue, but with most of Dua's scents I find this to be true. Would it be possible to decant some of their scents and mix with additional perfumers alcohol and possibly dpg to lessen the intensity of their scents? I'm thinking much like the way love potion sells a bottle with perfumer's alcohol so you can convert their scented oils to a sprayable perfume/cologne.

First of all, if you've JUST ordered them since this thread was started, you need to let them sit for a month or two. The fragrance mix blends better with the carrier oil (the technical term is maceration) and the scent changes as well. I've had some scents smell very different after maceration. And yes, without waiting the maceration period, some of this stuff can smell really harsh.

Me, I only use this when I'm pretty sure I'm getting laid or looking to be the life of the party. For bedding, I use it with unscented TKO, SXD-9, Xist, PSE, Voodoo, Overdose, Tusc, CV3, Ensnare, Bad Wolf and Cops. Not all at once, mind you. I just ask myself what kind of vibe I want to project to her (or which way I wish to steer her mood). For parties, I'll add TKO, Bliss, Vibe, Celebrity, and/or my own mix of socials in an oil carrier.

You can use anything you want though, like unscented The Love God, for instance (which has also served me well). As I said earlier, I have two bottles of Steve's (Pheromones XS) Massage oil with Aphrodisiac mixed in along with some coffee oil and some other to amp things up like crazy.

Hopefully, I'm not overhyping this (as in, maybe I should've eased up on the Atomic Bomb reference). I've had some crazy good experiences with this scent and mones, and I just want to pass along something that has been successful for me.
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022 9:13 PM by Robby.)
01-21-2022 9:10 PM

UpandComing
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

01-21-2022 9:58 PM

(01-21-2022 9:10 PM)Robby Wrote:  First of all, if you've JUST ordered them since this thread was started, you need to let them sit for a month or two. The fragrance mix blends better with the carrier oil (the technical term is maceration) and the scent changes as well. I've had some scents smell very different after maceration. And yes, without waiting the maceration period, some of this stuff can smell really harsh.

Me, I only use this when I'm pretty sure I'm getting laid or looking to be the life of the party. For bedding, I use it with unscented TKO, SXD-9, Xist, PSE, Voodoo, Overdose, Tusc, CV3, Ensnare, Bad Wolf and Cops. Not all at once, mind you. I just ask myself what kind of vibe I want to project to her (or which way I wish to steer her mood). For parties, I'll add TKO, Bliss, Vibe, Celebrity, and/or my own mix of socials in an oil carrier.

You can use anything you want though, like unscented The Love God, for instance (which has also served me well). As I said earlier, I have two bottles of Steve's (Pheromones XS) Massage oil with Aphrodisiac mixed in along with some coffee oil and some other to amp things up like crazy.

Hopefully, I'm not overhyping this (as in, maybe I should've eased up on the Atomic Bomb reference). I've had some crazy good experiences with this scent and mones, and I just want to pass along something that has been successful for me.

I have read that allowing them to macerate is necessary. As far as age of the scents, I'm unsure of the age of the decants however I'm doubtful they're very old. I've ordered a few straight from Dua that I have already received, in addition to probably another 9 that I have get to receive. I've got about 10 other scents that I've bought from users of the official Dua Facebook group. Some I've purchased from users like darkside of the moon and crater definitely seem smoother and lack that harshness I'm getting from some of the other scents I've picked up. How much aphrodisiac did you add to the massage xs bottles? I'm always looking for fun combos, and I've got a bunch of the mones you listed so I may take them for a spin when my aphrodisiac arrives. It's odd that this adds to the effects, as i believe earlier in the thread it was mentioned that it's the scent's use of hedione that gives it pheromonal properties. I recall reading that when alpha dream added hedione to there mixes, it made them worse which caused a lot of backlash. I'll give the scents time to macerate and check back to see if that initial harshness goes away.

Thanks again for the response Robby!
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022 10:00 PM by UpandComing.)
01-21-2022 9:58 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

01-21-2022 10:01 PM

I'm glad you brought up the breathing issue and harshness. I have a bottle of Bleu de Dua Attar that is AMAZINGLY strong. I've had it about a month and a week or so and it has definitely softened and become very close to my bottle of Bleu de Chanel.

I noticed the strength as well. One spray is overkill for the first 20 minutes at least. It is a projection BEAST.

(01-21-2022 7:20 PM)UpandComing Wrote:  Robby, if you don't mind me asking, what pheromones do you wear when you're combining with #aphrodisiac? I ordered a bottle after you mentioned it. This thread actually got me down a rabbit hole that lead me to buying like 20+ scents especially after their recent restock and 30% off promo. A couple things I've noticed about the Dua scents is that one they are very potent, like to me one spray is all that's needed. And 2, they almost have this harshness to them that I can feel in the back of my throat breathing them, like it's not so much a bad smell I pick up, but more so like there's a chemical that they use that is irritating in my throat/chest. I find this true for their fragrances straight from the bottle and for decants I've ordered to get a feel for a scent before committing to a full bottle. Anyone else have this experience? I've got plenty of designer colognes and have never had this issue, but with most of Dua's scents I find this to be true. Would it be possible to decant some of their scents and mix with additional perfumers alcohol and possibly dpg to lessen the intensity of their scents? I'm thinking much like the way love potion sells a bottle with perfumer's alcohol so you can convert their scented oils to a sprayable perfume/cologne.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
01-21-2022 10:01 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

01-21-2022 10:06 PM

My 13 year old son is getting interested in fragrances and wanted me to spray him with something so I picked Game Time from Alexandria. It's a combination of their Aventus Clone (Brasilia) and their BKR 540 Extrait clone (Interplay Extrait). He walked past after getting off the bus and the sillage trail hit. I couldn't figure out what I was smelling at first. Then I remembered giving him a couple sprays to the back of the neck. I asked him if anyone commented.

"Yup. A lot."

Good, bad, ugly?!!

"A ton of girls told me I smelled like candy and they kept following me."

Did you mind?

*Cheshire Cat grin* "Nope. Apparently I now have two girlfriends."

Smell good. People will thank you for it.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
01-21-2022 10:06 PM
UpandComing
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

01-21-2022 10:47 PM

(01-21-2022 10:01 PM)Snoopyace Wrote:  I'm glad you brought up the breathing issue and harshness. I have a bottle of Bleu de Dua Attar that is AMAZINGLY strong. I've had it about a month and a week or so and it has definitely softened and become very close to my bottle of Bleu de Chanel.

I noticed the strength as well. One spray is overkill for the first 20 minutes at least. It is a projection BEAST.

Glad it's not just me and I'm glad to hear that it's softened and smoothed out. That harshness was definitely something that was irritating my breathing, almost to the point where I didn't think I'd be able to wear them. Hopefully it goes away in a month or so, that way I can wear them without putting others through the same feeling. You think it could be decanted and diluted with a little perfumer's alcohol to lessen the strength? Since one spray is so strong I don't particularly want to use more than one but I also use cologne to aid in the diffusion of the pheromones I'm wearing which isn't always in the exact same spots.
01-21-2022 10:47 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

01-21-2022 11:19 PM

(01-21-2022 10:47 PM)UpandComing Wrote:  Glad it's not just me and I'm glad to hear that it's softened and smoothed out. That harshness was definitely something that was irritating my breathing, almost to the point where I didn't think I'd be able to wear them. Hopefully it goes away in a month or so, that way I can wear them without putting others through the same feeling. You think it could be decanted and diluted with a little perfumer's alcohol to lessen the strength? Since one spray is so strong I don't particularly want to use more than one but I also use cologne to aid in the diffusion of the pheromones I'm wearing which isn't always in the exact same spots.

I don't think it'd be a problem to decant and dilute them. I read that the Attar version I got was supposed to have incredible performance but WHOA. I can wear one spray to the back of my neck and one to my torso under my shirt but only if I have half an hour to dry down before I even think about joining humanity. Even then, it's POTENT. I still get a little asthmatic from it, though.

01-21-2022 11:19 PM

Share This Thread