Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
This is why I dislike Alpha Dream
Perception
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks received:
42 thanks in 24 posts

This is why I dislike Alpha Dream
07-09-2014 3:21 PM

I ran out of glace a few weeks ago, and decided to buy myself another one (even though I hate ordering from them, and heres why).

The sales price of glace is $39.50 at the moment (and has been for a while).

Cheapest shipping option to Norway comes in at $10, leaving the total to about $50 for a bottle of glace.

What bothers me about this is that even though I ask for them so send it declared as below $35, I get no response, and it doesn't happen.

Today I got an extra Norwegian custom fee of 200 NOK, which amounts to about $33.

This means that my bottle of glace cost me $83.

Of course this isn't the first time it has happened while ordering mones, but this only happens with orders from alpha dream.

When I ordered L2K for $59.50 + DHL shipping which if I recall correctly costed $40, I had written a long request about altering the written value to reflect a value below $35, but to no avail.

The request were instead added as a note for the Norwegian customs to read instead, on the outside of the package. facepalm

This led to about $60 in extra charges leaving the grand total for a bottle of L2K to $160.

Just felt the need to rant here. Don't get me wrong, I like Alpha Dreams products, but I don't feel they're worth the extra 60% of the price.

Pheromones owned:
Liquid Alchemy Labs: Wolf (scented), NUDE, Aqua Vitae, Androstadienone 5mg/10ml, Bad Wolf, Max T-150, OVERDOSE, Voodoo
PheromoneXS: Taboo, XiSt, Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, 3x Bliss, Odyssey, Connections(FXS), Desire Me Oil(FXS), Status Booster, Approach Confidence, Summer Daze, Flirt, Connections(15ml), Love Boat, 2x Celebrity, Vibes(15ml), XiSt(30ml), Love Boat(30ml)
Alpha Dream: Glace(EtOH - FB), License to Kill, Glace (Si - FB)
Androdics Direct: A314 Spray 1.32A, P102

(not included various samples)
Inside the doors of Perception
07-09-2014 3:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by RedEyes

Panikos
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 58
Thanks received:
98 thanks in 66 posts

RE: This is why I dislike Alpha Dream
07-09-2014 3:35 PM

You may try:

07-09-2014 3:35 PM
Pheroman
ManSLut

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 4753
Thanks received:
3903 thanks in 1447 posts

07-10-2014 7:24 PM

So you dont like them cause they will will not lie or commit fraud for you?
Which of course could be much most costly to them than it ever will be for you.

You may be better off wearing nutella, maybe some chick might want to lick it off
My journal http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-PheroMan
My product list http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-...8#pid36108
07-10-2014 7:24 PM
Perception
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
42 thanks in 24 posts

07-11-2014 1:18 AM

While you state a valid point, Pheroman, the $33 cap in Norwegian customs is to limit import of merchandise allready available in Norway to have a substantialy higher price than otherwise available, as anything lower would jeopardise Norwegian businesses (or so we're told).

The problem, however, is that the $33 (Or 200 NOK actually) have been the limit since the '70s. NOT adjusted for inflation. 200 NOK, anything above is required customs inspection and maybe even (but usually) extra tax.

Not only is it absurd that we have to pay extra fees on a limit set more than 40 years ago, but even customs just inspecting the package costs $23, while the extra tax may just as well be $1. Making an item that costs $34 actually cost $34 (item) + $23 (inspection) + $1 (tax) = $58.

The system is just so extremely flawed, and every business I've had to deal with (except for Alpha Dream), either allready knows this, or just follows customers requests regardless, so they will at the least mark the shipment as a gift, which makes it not required for customs inspection unless it's worth more than 1000 NOK (~$167).

And as far as jeopardizing a Norwegian business goes; There's no businesses in Norway selling pheromones. At all. There's no business to jeopardise by me importing pheromones, a single bottle, for my own personal use.

While I'd probably not have any problems paying an extra $10 in tax for a bottle of glace, I have to also pay for inspection of the package and tax on the fucking shipping cost.

So while it may be considered fraud (but would never be prosecuted unless the shipment is worth thousands of $$, alternately a very large (wholesale?) shipment, I still find it displeasing that I have to pay all of these extra bullshit fees.

On a side note: If there were to be more Norwegian members on this board (I think we're like 3 or something right now), they would know what to expect when ordering from Alpha Dream.

And don't get me wrong, it's respectable if a company wants to stay as within the boundaries of the law as possible, but this level of commitment is a major inconvenience for cheap people like me. whistle

Pheromones owned:
Liquid Alchemy Labs: Wolf (scented), NUDE, Aqua Vitae, Androstadienone 5mg/10ml, Bad Wolf, Max T-150, OVERDOSE, Voodoo
PheromoneXS: Taboo, XiSt, Ascend, Cohesion, Evolve, 3x Bliss, Odyssey, Connections(FXS), Desire Me Oil(FXS), Status Booster, Approach Confidence, Summer Daze, Flirt, Connections(15ml), Love Boat, 2x Celebrity, Vibes(15ml), XiSt(30ml), Love Boat(30ml)
Alpha Dream: Glace(EtOH - FB), License to Kill, Glace (Si - FB)
Androdics Direct: A314 Spray 1.32A, P102

(not included various samples)
Inside the doors of Perception
07-11-2014 1:18 AM
Atlantiz
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks received:
5 thanks in 5 posts

07-11-2014 6:04 AM

I must agree with pheroman. Tax related issues are taken seriously in America. You can't blame Alpha Dream for staying within the boundaries of the law.
07-11-2014 6:04 AM

LL21
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 893
Thanks received:
1078 thanks in 450 posts

07-11-2014 6:28 AM

I don't think you guys know what your talking about

. SteveO always does that, no doubt Liquid Alchemy labs as well. There are tons of reports as Steveo labeling phereomones as a gift,you guys are just blowing it out of proportion. The amount of aussies and people from SEA who report that liquid Alchemy labs or Steve O labelled it as something else is a high. Perception has a right to complain because they are not responding to his emails and he has to pay twice for a product which is bullshit. You guys seriously don't think Alpha Dream has ever labeled a package as something else. I mean after all the ups and downs we've seen with Alpha Dream I can totally see them change a label without batting an eye

Fear is the greatest obstacle to learning but fear is your best friend. Fear is like fire, if you learn to control it, you let it work for you: it can warm you in the winter, give you light when you are in the dark, and produce energy. If you don’t control it, it’ll destroy you and everything around you.You must understand Fear so you can manipulate it, because if you don’t you won’t be able to achieve your objective or save your life. - Cus D'Amato (The trainer that made Mike Tyson a Champion)
07-11-2014 6:28 AM
masterfu678
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 97
Thanks received:
108 thanks in 78 posts

07-11-2014 12:05 PM

it seems that they never sent you an email after you ordered from them, which is weird, but you get your bottle anyways.

maybe try requesting for a tracking number when you order? if they don't give you one, then I guess you just have to wait patiently.
07-11-2014 12:05 PM
Akelah
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 826
Thanks received:
905 thanks in 352 posts

07-11-2014 5:01 PM

I understand his perspective. You guys are used to pay a couple of extra dollar for the shipping and in a few days you're order is there with no problems. We never know if it'll get to us in 7, 10 days or two month, if it gets stuck in customs. We, outside the US, never know how much we can buy because we don't know if we'll have to pay much more in customs.

Steve writes outside "glass and plastic bottles", love potion writes "candles", and LAL marks "gift".
I had orders stuck in customs from Laid and Alpha Dream because it was written "merchandise" outside, with the receipt.

But so you know, they don't mind doing this. They are a "little bit" unorganised, they mess up the products on the orders, forget shipping, etc.. They probably didn't even read your email.

They don't have a great costumer service, but they certainly have a good after-service. The secret is to call. They write whatever you want on the outside and probably ssend you free stuff to compensate. I know it sucks, never knowing how it'll go everytime you order. But their products are great, well blended, lovely scented and good price /ml. You just need to call them and don't let them mess it all up Smile

*** My journal at http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Akelah-s-jo...n=lastpost
07-11-2014 5:01 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1778
Thanks received:
4496 thanks in 1887 posts

07-11-2014 7:45 PM

(07-11-2014 5:01 PM)Akelah Wrote:  You just need to call them and don't let them mess it all up Smile

Words of wisdom from someone who came here seeking it from others not all that long ago. My how fast they grow up! Big Grin

Stop striving for PERFECTION, because the closer you get to achieving it the further away the goalpost moves. Instead, concentrate on PROGRESS, because you that you can meet and surpass every day!

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
07-11-2014 7:45 PM
Thanks given by Akelah

Joedude69
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

Thanks received:
4 thanks in 3 posts

07-15-2014 10:32 AM

A legit business will not lie on customs forms. Thats very illegal.
07-15-2014 10:32 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Alpha Dream: New & Improved pheromone products, now with Hedione ShadowX114 23 8,097 05-25-2015 8:12 AM
Last Post: dorfmeister
  ALPHA DREAM - GREAT PRODUCTS TERRIBLE SERVICE pupils011 10 2,961 04-20-2015 10:27 AM
Last Post: pupils011
  alpha dream samples RussianWolf 5 1,994 01-25-2015 12:11 PM
Last Post: RussianWolf
Star Alternative Alpha Dream Distributor NattyDread 17 5,383 01-21-2015 11:25 AM
Last Post: dexter
  chris/alpha dream non responsive??? is this why he was banned? tdctdc 12 3,266 10-03-2014 1:51 PM
Last Post: mark-in-dallas