Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
The state of pick-up in 2017
Paradox
The Living Legend

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: The state of pick-up in 2017
03-20-2017 10:33 AM

(03-20-2017 9:59 AM)Arsenic Wrote:  Here's how I look at it. The underlying mindset that PUA's teach (Inner game) is valuable but a lot of the "if she does this then do x" games are a waste of your thoughts. Why would you waste time on trying to figure out a woman... because if you were confident enough and had solid inner game then you wouldnt need to worry about it. And in fact, if you try half the stuff these guys say without first having solid confidence in the first place then you'll fail miserably. In other words, there is no value in figuring out game, in my opinion, and instead you should work on figuring yourself out ands becoming who you want to be.

@ Androcles, I don't believe Paradox is attacking you. His post reads like food for thought.

And well....this is it in a nutshell. Good work! Rep points given.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."--- Vince Lombardi
03-20-2017 10:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Spider-mone

Rep Post

03-20-2017 10:45 AM

I'm going to pull a paradox since he seems to not be on the ball with this one ..... shouldn't this be in the life and leisure section ?? lol

Correct a fool and he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2017 10:51 AM by Spider-mone.)
03-20-2017 10:45 AM
Data4
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

03-20-2017 12:49 PM

Eh, it could go either way. Pick-up is largely a male topic, and the men's forum description doesn't limit talk to just pheromones.

I was just curious about the state of things from a more academic/observer point of view and not really looking for stuff for me to use. I agree with Arsenic-- it's basically what you have going on inside of you mixed with social and emotional intelligence to apply externally. All the systems and gimmicks and tips and tricks that these guys were selling for 3 easy payments of $59.99 is stuff you can learn from life in general and a library card. I was just wondering what the next "new thing" was out of curiosity. Ross Jeffries brought NLP into seduction, and Mystery and his peers did the whole peacocking/rockstar thing, while breaking down seduction into a series of checkpoints. I wanted to know who was the "guru" of the current era. Looks like no one has really taken that spot.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2017 2:22 PM by Data4.)
03-20-2017 12:49 PM
Paradox
The Living Legend

Rep Post

03-20-2017 2:47 PM

(03-20-2017 12:49 PM)Data4 Wrote:  I wanted to know who was the "guru" of the current era. Looks like no one has really taken that spot.

The next step for PUA's is online pick ups. Mind you, online pickups have been addressed on the PUA forums...but real secrets have not been revealed.

Overall, the PUA community is still reeling and recovering from it's brief encounter with fame. Along with fame comes the magnifying glass. Exposure of techniques to the masses was a glancing blow for PUA's.

The lesson learned was that fame was not worth it. The techniques that worked for years were made ineffectual almost overnight.

But yes, as people spend more time disconnecting from the physical world (headphones, music, FB, KIK, SnapChat....ect) the online world will become more crowded, more important.

With the advent of dating apps like Match, Tinder and POF the ways of meeting someone just moved into the realm of the current technology.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."--- Vince Lombardi
03-20-2017 2:47 PM
Data4
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

03-20-2017 3:18 PM

(03-20-2017 2:47 PM)Paradox Wrote:  The next step for PUA's is online pick ups. Mind you, online pickups have been addressed on the PUA forums...but real secrets have not been revealed.

I just have to laugh at that. Not laughing at you, mind you. You're right. It's just my ex-wife was an online pick-up from 2002. Big Grin
03-20-2017 3:18 PM

Paradox
The Living Legend

Rep Post

03-20-2017 4:33 PM

(03-20-2017 3:18 PM)Data4 Wrote:  I just have to laugh at that. Not laughing at you, mind you. You're right. It's just my ex-wife was an online pick-up from 2002. Big Grin

Yes, Yes...Match.com...ect have been around for sometime now. So have bar pickups, street pickups, club pickups...New techniques that increase the likely hood of meeting someone are developed all of the time. Like here...through experimentation. Trial and error.

People without PUA experience meet and get married all of the time.

Funny isn't it? Seeing a new generation...seems like they can't do much of anything without technology.

03-20-2017 4:33 PM
theLaw

Rep Post

03-20-2017 5:23 PM

(03-20-2017 2:47 PM)Paradox Wrote:  The next step for PUA's is online pick ups. Mind you, online pickups have been addressed on the PUA forums...but real secrets have not been revealed.

With the advent of dating apps like Match, Tinder and POF the ways of meeting someone just moved into the realm of the current technology.

I'll have to disagree with Paradox here.

Online apps are an absolute nightmare compared to in-person interactions, which is why I would say now is the time to double-down on approaching. There's a complete lack of aggression in the dating marketplace so it's basically shooting fish in a barrel.

Having said that, the sugar-daddy apps are quickly making prostitution quasi-legal in most of the US, so perhaps technology will win on a technicality. As soon as a dude can get laid for $50 from a 6.5.........PUA will all but disappear.Scaut

[Image: d24e3509ffc91a74_WhatsYourPrice.jpg]

Signatures are forum-cancer.Scout
03-20-2017 5:23 PM
DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Rep Post

03-20-2017 6:20 PM

I agree with Law. I've had more success aproaching women in real life than online.

I've FAILED "MISERABLY" online. Smile

It depends on where u look. Start up a random convo. Play the push pull. Keep smiling. And ya AUTOMATICALLY become a PUA. SIMPLE.

There's always a bar or night club in EVERY major city that has a high rate of ONS. Google which one it is in ur local area and start approaching. Be ur self but don't be boring. Trim ur self and mod urself up. Dress up. Suit up. Match ur shoes with ur belt and wear a good watch. Good luck. Smile

Am in no way ANY means a PUA. But am more of a social butterfly. Works for me, cos I ain't following ANYONE'S method but me own.

Apply that to ur life, u'll see more success in the bar than anyone else's methods or anywhere else. (Including online )

Above post is in no way any means any disrespect to anyone. It's only me own thought.
03-20-2017 6:20 PM
Data4
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

03-20-2017 6:27 PM

(03-20-2017 4:33 PM)Paradox Wrote:  Yes, Yes...Match.com...ect have been around for sometime now.

Mine was a chat room, but yeah... today's younger generations are so wired into tech that everything has become so impersonal. In a way, despite how outmoded the techniques may seem now, there was a weird sort of elegance in the classic sarging methodologies.
03-20-2017 6:27 PM
Arsenic
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

03-20-2017 6:43 PM

Online pickup is not a replacement for pickup in person. It is simply pickup on a new field. Ok so you make the connection online, and boom, youre about to meet her in person. Online is just an easy, incredibly lazy way to reach a larger audience of people and make a connection. At the end of the day you're making a connection and the rest is up to you.

I think Paradox meant that the online stage is new and is one that has not been demolished by mainstream pua yet. Touching on older points in this thread, mainstream media gave pua fame and consequently killed it. The one thing that is still alive and developing, and where the secrets lie, are within online strategy. Albeit, online pickup is a shallow form of communication and involves less aspects of communication than with communicating in person so I suspect this kind of information will soon be flooded and undervalued.

Current Loot (2019)
LAL: AlphaQ, BW, DP, Nude, NA, Passion Copulin, Wolf
PSX: Evolve, Ascend
Alpha Dream:Glace, Alpha Maschio
Apex: TUSC, C36

Journey into my mind
03-20-2017 6:43 PM

Share This Thread