Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Synergist's SpellboundRX reviews
Synergist
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 389
Thanks received:
621 thanks in 231 posts

Synergist's SpellboundRX reviews
05-14-2012 6:46 AM

I decided to give SpellboundRX a try because they had a few items that interested me and the prices seemed pretty good. I followed the dispute between Halo, Lisa, etc with interest, and while this ended up looking really ugly, I figured the best way to find out about something is usually to form your own opinion through experience. The company is still new and obviously inexperienced at forums, so this may not have been a true representation of them at all. Thus I am attempting to approach this with an open, if pre-informed, mind. At the end of the day, if the products work, that is the main thing I care about. If they don't, I haven't lost much by trying.

While ordering from the web page, one thing I did notice was that the prices for the linen spray were listed as medium: $19.95 and large: $24.95. It was only after you had added them to the cart that the price jumped up by $5 each to $24.95 and $29.95. Not a big deal, but just wanted to mention it as it could be seen as a bit deceptive - by the time you have put something in your cart you may have already decided to order it, and will fork out the extra $5 that may have put you off initially; or you may have only looked at the first price and not noticed the price hike. Like I said, not really a big deal, but I have learnt that I have a habit of writing down lots of unimportant details in my reviews.

So anyway, got my package today. Postage was very cheap, just $9.95 to send to Australia, when I see the cost to them to post the medium flat rate box was $47.95! Ok, feeling a little guilty now :shy:

Wow, I can't believe how many freebies were thrown in!! Incredible! I ordered products to the value of about $85 - these three:

- Large linen spray - Sex Kitten in "Jasmine Flaunt" fragrance
- Hair Conditioner - Center of Attraction in "Sensuality" fragrance
- Large massage oil - Sex Kitten in "Warm Apple Crisp" fragrance.

I then got a 25% discount for doing an Internet search for coupon codes (I try to always use coupon codes, in fact sometimes just finding a coupon code for something is enough to push me over the edge on my decision to buy it!).

As well as my order they also added:

- A massage oil candle in "opium" fragrance - I can't find this on their website anywhere though - perhaps it hasn't been officially released yet?
- 30ml Center of Attraction pheromones in "Amber Romance" fragrance - I don't know if this is a cologne, perfume or spray? It states that it contains no alcohol, so... actually that doesn't help me much! I really can't estimate the cost, but on the website 30ml of perfume is $54.95, 60ml of cologne is $29.95, and 30ml of spray is $34.95, so I guess it costs somewhere between $15 and $55? Again I can't seem to add this combo into their website anyway, as "Amber Romance" isn't an option when selecting Center of Attraction as the blend.
- A "purse spray" of the Friend to Everyone blend in "Diamonds" fragrance. I think it is the 9ml travel size offered under "pheromone oils and sprays" retailing at $19.94.
- 8 x 5ml glass vials of each of their scents - Captivate, Awaken, Amber Romance, Enchanting Lure, Entice, Free Fall, Kindle, and Passion Rose. I've got no idea what these cost, but oh my! I was not expecting so much fragrance!!

So I can't help doing the maths, I'm anal that way. Let's be conservative and say the massage oil candle was $15, $15 for the 30ml spray, $20 for the purse spray, and $5 for each trial size. The total comes to:

+$85 (my payment)
- $21 (discount)
+ $10 (my payment for shipping)
- $48 (actual cost of shipping)
- $15 candle
- $15 spray
- $20 purse spray
- 8 x $5 trial vials

Puts their net gain at... -$64?? So, they have actually LOST money in sending me this package?! Umnik2 I don't know what to say really...

Well anyway, a few notes on presentation. I loved the black cardboard box and gold wrapping. Very nice touch, and being one of these people who hates to waste anything they are both things I can reuse, as there is no mention of pheromones on them. The boxes the sprays came in are also nice, although ultimately I am only going to throw them out as I can't reuse them for anything, but still, very attractive. I liked that a personalised note, obviously handwritten with notes about my order, came with it - made me feel very special Smile I think having your name on each product is also a nice touch - they have a little sticker on each saying "Created for: [my name]". Very much the warm and fuzzy, being treated as special feeling. Even though I know it's only superficial, it goes a long way with me.

So wow I've rambled on a bit. I might split this up here and put details of individual products in the next post. Stay tuned.

Visit my journal! Drinks

See my product list and links to all reviews

Check out my blind testing thread!
Girl_pinkglassesf
05-14-2012 6:46 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by Pheroman, as33156, halo0073, Q-Tips, NewAlpha

Synergist
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
621 thanks in 231 posts

RE: Synergist's SpellboundRX reviews
05-14-2012 7:27 AM

SpellboundRX products: Some initial impressions.

No chance to really test any of these out yet, but here are some thoughts to get started with.

Massage oil candle: Smells pretty good, and I am a big fan of candles, but I'm nervous as I've heard from Love Potion that you should never burn pheromones. I'm also curious to know exactly which pheromones are in them, or at least intended effect? The texture of the candle is very strange, unlike any candle I know of, it is actually almost like a very thick cream. I can literally wipe my finger over it and get enough "candle" on it to rub into my skin. I could almost just use it as a cream this way. I've used massage oil candles before so I know this is not normal, but I kind of like it. If only I wasn't so scared of burning pheromones I would be really curious to see how the texture changes when warmed up. Maybe I will just give burning it a go regardless. It comes in the cutest little "boat" shape, it could almost work just as decoration. Oh and by the way, I just found it on the website - $24.95.

Purse spray: So cute! Came in a little velvet drawstring pouch. Again another reusable goodie for me. It looks like a large lipstick, very stylish but subtle in its polished black case with gold at the middle. Looks like it could get knocked about a bit and wouldn't break easily, though I'm not inclined to test that, at least not intentionally. The lid removes easily but it is harder to remove the other bit over the liquid, which is enclosed with glass, and has just one sticker on it stating what it is (and who it was created for ;) ). This means that unless someone is really snooping, they will probably be unlikely to take the second part off to see the sticker, but if I am really paranoid (which, let's face it, I am) if I take this out with me I can easily remove the sticker.

Spray/perfume/cologne thing: Attractive glass bottle. One thing I've only just noticed that has me a little confused is that on the bottle it states the fragrance is Amber Romance, but on the box the bottle is in it says the fragrance is Sensuality! Well, I have both fragrances in the samples and conditioner now, so when my nose is a bit fresher I'll give it a serious sniff and find out which it is! I have already tried a quick spray and it doesn't smell like the conditioner, which is in Sensuality, so I think it's Amber Romance, but will need to try again later to confirm. It smells a bit perfume-y to me, a bit too much like a commercial scent, but then I've been spoiled by Love Potion perfumes lately so I'm becoming very picky. Also I really haven't given it a proper go yet so still reserving my judgement on whether I like it or not.

Massage oil: I was kind of amused to find that the pump lid that came with this didn't fit! I spent ages trying to screw that lid on, thinking I was retarded or something. Looked a bit closer and it is clearly a size too big! Haha, well no biggie, it came with a squeezie type lid that would do the trick if needed, and anyway I transferred it into another bottle so I could use it without anyone seeing the label. I got the Warm Apple Crisp fragrance and it certainly smells like that - delicious, apple, cinnamon, and just warmth. Perfect for a massage oil. I gave it a test run on a willing flatmate and my main problem was it was not quite thick enough, which made it hard to warm up in my hands and meant too much actually soaked into the skin. I'm not an expert on massages but this seems counteractive to me when you want the oil to sit on top so you can rub it around, at least for as long as the massage lasts. You would need to use a lot for each massage for this reason I think.

Conditioner: I got the Center of Attraction blend in "Sensuality" fragrance. I just love the smell of this. It works really well as a "hair" smell, if that makes sense. I'm using it as a leave-in conditioner, as I can't bear the thought of washing artificial pheromones down the drain, and just a little dab in the tips of my hair is doing the job beautifully - lovely smell and soft hair, doesn't feel oily or weighed down. Got no idea how well the pheromones will work yet, but for the low price I'd probably buy it for the smell alone, so that is a good sign that I haven't wasted my money, and anything extra from here, like phero effects, is just a bonus.

Linen Spray - "Jasmine Flaunt" fragrance, smells lovely, clean and fresh. Perfect smell for linen. I've never used a linen spray before, but I do wonder how well this fragrance will last over days or weeks (I sometimes don't get around to washing my linen as often as I should...), and especially if the pheromones will go "bad". Will try this out and see. If nothing else, this would make a lovely room freshener spray.

5ml samples - wow, I was so surprised when I saw all these! 5ml is really quite a lot, and these were in proper glass vials, and there were EIGHT of them! I haven't had a chance to try them out, but I feel like a kid in a candy store - I just don't know which to try first!!

So my impression so far: Pretty good! Excellent value. A few little errors, which are more amusing than actual problems, and I'm hopeful the products will smell and work as good as they look.

Visit my journal! Drinks

Girl_pinkglassesf
05-14-2012 7:27 AM
Thanks given by Q-Tips, Pheroman, NewAlpha
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1632
Thanks received:
3372 thanks in 1534 posts

05-14-2012 8:05 AM

A note on the Linen Spray. From my convos with the various people from Spellbound I know that there is a lower concentration of both pheromones and fragrance. Hence the lower price.
05-14-2012 8:05 AM
Thanks given by Synergist
Synergist
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
621 thanks in 231 posts

05-14-2012 8:14 AM

(05-14-2012 8:05 AM)halo0073 Wrote:  A note on the Linen Spray. From my convos with the various people from Spellbound I know that there is a lower concentration of both pheromones and fragrance. Hence the lower price.

Are you referring to the lower price compared to their other products, or the lower price compared to when you place the item in the cart?

I would expect a linen spray to be lower in pheromones and fragrance than say a perfume as I imagine since they are serving very different purposes the concentation needs to be different... i.e. one is just a few drops on a pulse point, the other needs to cover a whole bed. Actually I would be worried if the concentration was the same - that would be phero overload!! Smile

Visit my journal! Drinks

Girl_pinkglassesf
05-14-2012 8:14 AM
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks received:

05-14-2012 8:21 AM

as compared to the other products. Yes, it makes sense ;)
05-14-2012 8:21 AM

Synergist
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
621 thanks in 231 posts

05-15-2012 12:19 AM

Can anyone comment on whether I should give burning this massage oil candle a try? I am swaying between thinking "but Mara said to never do it!" and "but they wouldn't sell a product that was dangerous, right?" It is like the devil and angel on each of my shoulders hehe Girl devil Angel

Visit my journal! Drinks

Girl_pinkglassesf
05-15-2012 12:19 AM
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks received:

05-15-2012 7:57 AM

Mara said not to do it because Dr Stone (who is a pioneer in this field and without whom none of our hobbies would be possible) told her emphatically not to ever let a pheromone product come in contact with open flame. They sent me a candle too. I have been tempted to try it as well. If I ever do, I will burn it for a few short minutes, maybe outside on my patio just to melt the wax and then blow out and use some of the oil. Burning is supposed to produce toxic gas so I figure if it's burning outside, and I am inside while it's burning the risk would be minimized as much as possible.
05-15-2012 7:57 AM
Synergist
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
621 thanks in 231 posts

05-15-2012 8:13 AM

Damn, it seems like it's kind of missing the point if you are actually trying to AVOID the fumes/phero cloud Sad Maybe I should just transfer the wax from the boat into my oil burner and use it as a wax tart... but it seems like a waste...

Visit my journal! Drinks

Girl_pinkglassesf
05-15-2012 8:13 AM
AlternativeGirl
Sapiosexual

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3549
Thanks received:
2464 thanks in 945 posts

05-15-2012 8:25 AM

(05-15-2012 8:13 AM)Synergist Wrote:  Damn, it seems like it's kind of missing the point if you are actually trying to AVOID the fumes/phero cloud Sad Maybe I should just transfer the wax from the boat into my oil burner and use it as a wax tart... but it seems like a waste...

If you could melt the wax like you would a wax tart, you could use the melted wax as a hot massage oil. Seems safe and sexy.

Life's a garden; dig it

my journal:

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Fun-Times-and-Pheromones
05-15-2012 8:25 AM

Synergist
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
621 thanks in 231 posts

05-15-2012 9:04 AM

Maybe I should try something crazy and dangerous like sitting the boat on top of my oil burner?? Or putting the boat in the oven? Or in a warm spot of sun? Or even in the car on a hot day? Still, the pyromaniac in me is whispering, just light the wick already... Twisted lol

Visit my journal! Drinks

Girl_pinkglassesf
05-15-2012 9:04 AM
Thanks given by AlternativeGirl, thundr

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  terry's SpellboundRX experience terry0400-40 31 10,603 06-13-2015 5:44 AM
Last Post: JLG1