Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sample Requests
SteveO
Enlightened

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 624
Thanks received:
744 thanks in 244 posts

Sample Requests
09-04-2012 11:42 PM

I like to give out samples and will continue to do so while I have them available. You can continue to ask for a certain one with the full knowledge you might not get it. If you ask for every single product I have as a sample you will not get it.

I'm really trying to make this work, but I just got an order asking for every product as a sample with every one scented differently! Like wow.

Please bear in mind samples are pre-made and packaged long before you order. To stop production and start making samples to order will force me to delay other peoples orders and I cannot allow this.

Remember samples are a way for me to send out a new product and get you to test out something I think you'd like. I'm not going to become focused so much on samples that the focus is lost. Sorry but that's just how its going to be.

Again you can ask all you want but more than likely you'll get what's available at the time and I definitely won't be changing a samples scent package. This is exactly why I was hesitant to start offering samples as a product and why my decision has been made.

This is not to be mean or harsh, but rather to keep with my lightning fast shipping and ability to get orders out fast.

SteveO

Everyday out discovering what life has to offer. Are you? Challenge yourself...

Pheromone enthusiast and hobbyist

I want to provide you with the very best customer experience I can. As such I don't check PM's very often. Please just send me an email which will find me wherever I am:
09-04-2012 11:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by D_Darko, Bliss, kenpachi, DGamer, Fman, baant, bored4life, Shelly B, CanadianGuy45, shadowknight, extraballislit, fluffygirl12, cjw255

D_Darko
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 183
Thanks received:
99 thanks in 55 posts

RE: Sample Requests
09-05-2012 12:31 AM

That is quite understandable SteveO. I can imagine some people going overboard requesting samples of everything. No worries man.
09-05-2012 12:31 AM
Thanks given by Shelly B, SteveO
Fman
Getting comfortable

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 40
Thanks received:
35 thanks in 21 posts

09-05-2012 5:26 AM

Totally understandable, it get that at work every time there is a new collection, it's really annoying and it's mostly people who don't have any intention to follow up.
09-05-2012 5:26 AM
Shelly B
Serious Poster

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 822
Thanks received:
1124 thanks in 474 posts

09-05-2012 8:22 AM

Really - one of everything. As a sample. For free. In different scents. Really? Girl_sad

I'm sorry - but the sense of entitlement that *a few* people have in the community makes me nuts.

Guys - our vendors are small vendors. They don't have unlimited budgets. It's not just Steve - it's all of them - Chris, Mara - and the others. They are small businesses. They don't have big margins.

I'm having a moment like we did before on returns policies. We are lucky to have this stuff in the first place.

I'm going to just point out that if I'd ever made a request like that (free samples - one of everything - in different scents for pity's sake) - one of my parental unit's who (rightly or wrongly) bears an unfortunate parenting resemblance to Red Foremen - would have had this to say to me...pretty much verbatim...

Enjoy the giggle of me on the receiving end of this conversation - I was - OFTEN. I can't tell you how many times I was asked if I would like to have his boot surgically removed from there...I'm going to go get more coffee....shakes head.

As far as it goes - I'd much rather have Steve working on his community project of limited releases than spending any energy on requests like the one above.

My Best,
Shelly B
09-05-2012 8:22 AM
Thanks given by SteveO, CanadianGuy45, shadowknight, paradigmshift, bored4life, cjw255
lostlibra74
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 32
Thanks received:
166 thanks in 105 posts

09-05-2012 8:25 AM

Only a greedy jackass would ask for a sample of every single product in every single scent. That's just rude.

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Here-goes-n...lpha-libra

Chemlab:
Acqua Vitae
Evolve
Nude Alpha Sample
Alpha Maschio Sample
Lucky 7 sample
Odyssey sample
L2K
A1

On the way:
Wolf
09-05-2012 8:25 AM
Thanks given by CanadianGuy45, Shelly B, SteveO, Rattlesnake

2Soon2Care
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 124
Thanks received:
466 thanks in 262 posts

09-05-2012 8:45 AM

Being inconsiderate should only ever be a one time offense... Once one learns that the act was inconsiderate

Fun Kit
Alpha Dream - L2K, Fast Burn & Slow Burn Glace, Alfa Maschio, Androstadienone, Pregnenolone
Luv Essentials - MAG, Aware
HAX - Wingman Element X, Wingman Element 9+O
True Pheromones - True Alpha oil, True Instinct oil, True Love, The Gilroy patches
Homebrew - D3, Pregnenolone, 7-Keto DHEA
09-05-2012 8:45 AM
Shelly B
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1124 thanks in 474 posts

09-05-2012 8:55 AM

(09-05-2012 8:45 AM)2Soon2Care Wrote:  Being inconsiderate should only ever be a one time offense... Once one learns that the act was inconsiderate

Which is why we love you. bighug

My Best,
Shelly B
09-05-2012 8:55 AM
Thanks given by SteveO, 2Soon2Care
SteveO
Enlightened

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 624
Thanks received:
744 thanks in 244 posts

09-05-2012 10:28 AM

Well I don't think we need to beat anyone down or anything like that. I just wanted to point it out in my original post that I would love to be super accommodating but its either accommodate the freebies or get the orders out in a timely fashion. I'm sure everyone would agree that getting the orders out is the best way to go.

I actually love giving out samples too and will continue to do so. Heck I'm still going to make the effort to get the sample you requested but scenting a sample will not happen because I can't just make one sample a specific scent. I have to first scent a 10 ml bottle and then break that down into the little sample bottles. Basically I have to ask myself, do I fulfill 2Soon2Care's order of 2 Vibe, or do I scent one to Fresh Musk, break it down into samples so ShellyB can be happy but then what happens to 2Soon2Care? Its a big catch22 so the best thing I can do is pre-make all the samples, stick them in those little bags in case any of them leak and toss one in an order. It actually takes MORE time to make sample bottles than it does a regular 10 ml bottle.

So again let me emphasize this. Sample requests will be honored whenever possible but I'm not going to be sending a sample of everything in the store. A couple, sure. A few, maybe, but everything? NahSmile. All samples are pre-made, some with scents, some without. I'm even making samples of scents alone so you can test those out too. I'll do whatever I can when I can, but my focus is on products that work and I also want to spend time creating the new Limited Edition blends. I think that best serves the community as a whole.

Thank you everyone for your support and ideas. No need to beat anyone down though, I'm just going to chalk this one up to a sincere desire to test out my products and I'm flattered. I just also don't want anyone to be disappointed either. Be happy, especially thatSmile

SteveO

Everyday out discovering what life has to offer. Are you? Challenge yourself...

Pheromone enthusiast and hobbyist

I want to provide you with the very best customer experience I can. As such I don't check PM's very often. Please just send me an email which will find me wherever I am:
09-05-2012 10:28 AM
Thanks given by Six, halo0073, baant, D_Darko
Shelly B
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks received:
1124 thanks in 474 posts

09-05-2012 11:49 AM

Focus

It's boundary setting. The community has done it before around vendors and is simply doing it again. Ya'll are too small and too small margins to bear stuff like that - it's not just you - it's true of the others as well. If Mara or Chris had mentioned something similiar- I'm sure people would have jumped in on that for them as well to be perfectly honest.

Somethings are just inconsiderate - to use 2Soon's word. And if the person didn't know - now they do. And in case anyone else hadn't realized that you, AD, Love Potion and all the rest aren't big companies with big margins - now they can look it up if they don't believe it.

So - no beatings...but you guys (vendors) shouldn't be expected to put out like that either...

Anyway - I owe you a role of tinfoil... Clapping

My Best,
Shelly B
09-05-2012 11:49 AM

Rattlesnake
Serious Poster

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1218
Thanks received:
696 thanks in 307 posts

09-05-2012 12:17 PM

I agree with the other posters, jackass behaviour. I'd also bet that person has no intention of ever making a proper order.
09-05-2012 12:17 PM
Thanks given by Shelly B, CanadianGuy45, cjw255

Share This Thread