Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

Exclusive Offer for PheroTruth Members!

Limited Time Offer - Register now and gain access to a discount code good for 70% on any orders from Luv Essentials.

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pure Luxe
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 148
Thanks received:
209 thanks in 159 posts

Pure Luxe
04-17-2010 4:42 AM

I love eye shadows. I never leave the house without it on even if its just a natural skin tone color thats not real noticeable.

PL makes mineral makeup and I just love there stuff. Very high in quality and you can get samples for $1 each. The thing is the sample is so huge and it comes in a hard plastic container you hardly have to buy the full size unless you over do with wearing makeup. Its great and they have so many amazing colors.

But eye shadow aside even if you do not where makeup you have to check out the eraser. I love this stuff. Its a gel type substance you can apply to imperfections on the skin that diverts the light away from them making them alot less noticeable. It also smooths out the area and makes it so soft. Its great stuff. This is one of my favorite stores online.

Tisha
04-17-2010 4:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Bella
Away
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 216
Thanks received:
143 thanks in 96 posts

RE: Pure Luxe
04-17-2010 4:28 PM

I'm a cosmetics queen, lol. My GF's call me, Madelaine Make-Up Queen of The East. Spruce up

I don't use colored eye shadow, though. I stick with natural tones around my eyes. Once in a blue moon when I feel in the mood for color, I apply it with pencil concentrated close to the lashes. I am, however, a lipstick girl. Occasionally, for evening wear, I go for dramatic red. Kiss But for daily wear, it's usually more natural rosy tones.

I'm always looking for a good concealer. Aren't we all? I like mineral powders, too, and use Jane Iredale's stuff. There's a lot to be said for the benefits of mineral powders. (As long as they leave the talc out of them!) They're non-comedogenic, so they won't clog your pores like regular foundations can. :wink2:

There's also a product I love called Velvet Face Coat by DHC, a Japanese Company. It must be similar to the Eraser though it doesn't have the light reflecting particles. However, it works great to help hide imperfections by providing a smoother surface for whatever you apply on your skin. I use that or Recovery Serum by Bioelements. The lipids in the Recovery Serum help restore the skin's natural moisture barrier, hydrating the skin and giving it a very smooth feel, so make-up goes on smoother and lasts longer. A little goes a long way, all ya need is a few drops.

Tisha, my question.....is the Eraser at all shimmery on the skin? It sounds amazing and I'd like to try it, but I really dislike anything sparkley/shiny on my face.
Right now I'm using Amazing Cosmetics Concealer. It performs exceptionally well and has been my favorite to date. Only a little bit (pinpoint dots ... ) is need for coverage because it's so highly pigmented. The down side is, it does contain a few less than desirable ingredients that I'd like to get away from. If only it didn't work so well!

Make-up is so subjective and everybody likes something different. Even though most cosmetic vendors will allow you to return anything you don't like, it's great to be able to to order samples before committing to a full size.

Thanks for the link, I think I'll get some samples!

Whataya think...between us, if we collect all the make-up we don't use/don't like...that we have stuffed in drawers Rolleyes...we should be able to go around the world...what?...maybe two, three times? Big Grin

So, how are our plans for the bank job shaping up? Lone ranger Lone ranger

Bella
04-17-2010 4:28 PM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks received:
209 thanks in 159 posts

04-17-2010 5:20 PM

Quote:Tisha, my question.....is the Eraser at all shimmery on the skin? It sounds amazing and I'd like to try it, but I really dislike anything sparkly/shiny on my face.

No the eraser is not shiny or shimmery at all. You cant even see it once its on.

They have a lot of natural rosy tones in the eye shadow that are not shimmery as well. You just have to dig through all the colors they offer. They carry them in three different spots. Under the picture of the group of eyeshadows she describes them and she will write shimmer next to the ones that are like that. I like the less shimmery colors as well for everyday use but I do have some of the shimmer ones for special occasions.

The color changing ones are really cool

Quote:Amazing Cosmetics Concealer

Where did you get this at DHC ? Oh yeah I got my packageEek Thank you so much I love it, it made my day. I gotta call ya later so we can chat about it.

Dont laugh but I am thinking about getting this >>>>>

I cant keep sacrificing virgins to stay young looking Wizard snort......

My friend at work got it and she didnt tell anyone. We were eating lunch and I noticed her face looked really good so I drilled her until she confessed what she was up to LOL. I thought maybe she got botox or a peel. It really made a difference not only with lifting but with crows feet and stuff. Of course I dont have any of that Girl hide ROFL Sarcastic hand but a ounce of prevention bla bla............. LOL

Quote:Whataya think...between us, if we collect all the make-up we don't use/don't like...that we have stuffed in drawers ...we should be able to go around the world...what?...maybe two, three times?

I have a ton of it LOL My sister has us both beat though. I shop at her house before I ever buy anything....makeup, books videos lotions and potions OR anything sold on QVC the homeshopping network or infomercials because she always has it stashed away in a box somewhere in one of her diva closets. She has issues LOL

I am fully ready for the heist BombGirl witch
04-17-2010 5:20 PM
Sillykitty
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 19
Thanks received:
46 thanks in 32 posts

04-17-2010 8:23 PM

A money saving alternative to Eraser And Velvet Face is Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel, it does exactly the same thing, you'd never know the difference.
04-17-2010 8:23 PM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks received:
209 thanks in 159 posts

04-18-2010 5:30 AM

(04-17-2010 8:23 PM)Sillykitty Wrote:  A money saving alternative to Eraser And Velvet Face is Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel, it does exactly the same thing, you'd never know the difference.

Really LOL I though Monistat was for yeast infections. I will have to look into that. Hell I have used preperation H on my face so what the hell LOL Razz

Thanks for the tip. I love saving money cause then I can buy more stuff (snort) Smile

Tisha
04-18-2010 5:30 AM

Sillykitty
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
46 thanks in 32 posts

04-18-2010 2:36 PM

(04-18-2010 5:30 AM)Tisha Wrote:  Really LOL I though Monistat was for yeast infections. I will have to look into that. Hell I have used preperation H on my face so what the hell LOL Razz

That particular product doesn't have the "medicine" in it, lol. And be careful with the Preparation H, make sure to take it off once the desired effects have been achieved, or it can damage your skin.
04-18-2010 2:36 PM
Bella
Away
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 216
Thanks received:
143 thanks in 96 posts

04-19-2010 5:15 AM

(04-17-2010 5:20 PM)Tisha Wrote:   Oh yeah I got my packageEek Thank you so much I love it, it made my day.

:wink2: Told ya there was a surprise in there, lol.

Tisha, you can find Amazing Concealer at Amazon and The Find has a 20% off store wide summer sale going on. Just click on the Shipping/Deals link under the product listing. A Google search will pop up a number of other vendors but the price is the same everywhere. Believe me, I've tried to find it cheaper, lol. It comes in a larger and smaller size but not every place carries the smaller one and I couldn't find sample sizes anywhere.

Bella

........................................................................................................................................................... (This post was last modified: 4-22-2010 04:54 AM by Bella)
04-19-2010 5:15 AM
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
254 thanks in 355 posts

04-19-2010 3:16 PM

Giggle snort @ sacrificing virgins! Checked out Luxe & bought like $40 worth of samples ( I had a friend who use to call me Ms.Maybelline). You know the virgins are only going to get duped into giving it away to some schmuck, might as well go for a good cause,LOL!
04-19-2010 3:16 PM
Sillykitty
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
46 thanks in 32 posts

04-19-2010 3:31 PM

Dammitall Tisha, don't get me going on yet another addiction Dodgy!! LOL
04-19-2010 3:31 PM

esmeralda
The Phero Faerie

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 136
Thanks received:
75 thanks in 53 posts

04-21-2010 2:39 PM

Wow $1.00 for each eyeshadow sample is a good deal I like the kaleidoscope ones!
04-21-2010 2:39 PM

Share This Thread