Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

Exclusive Offer for PheroTruth Members!

Limited Time Offer - Register now and gain access to a discount code good for 70% on any orders from Luv Essentials.

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pure Luxe
Sillykitty
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 19
Thanks received:
46 thanks in 32 posts

RE: Pure Luxe
04-21-2010 4:28 PM

Okay, I just spent $62 ($54 plus $8 shipping) urghh......ummm, oh that's right it was just my birthday, so I'm allowed, lol........
04-21-2010 4:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 148
Thanks received:
209 thanks in 159 posts

04-21-2010 7:00 PM

Eek Good Goddess what did you get ? I am so excited for you......you would think I was getting package LOL Yahoo

Did you get the sample sizes. They really do last a long long time and are so convienant in the hard plastic container they put it in. I only get full size on the erasor and a few of the eyeshadows.

Tisha
04-21-2010 7:00 PM
Sillykitty
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
46 thanks in 32 posts

04-21-2010 8:04 PM

I got this and that and this and that, hehe, lots of pretty glittery things - samples of course, plus a liner brush and some liner mixing gel, hope I can do it, I'm more used to a pencil, so hopefully I won't be drawing all over my eyelids, lol.

I haven't used eye shadows in ages, I picked all kinds of crazy colors. Plus some of that glitter it says you can mix with hair gel (though I prefer sea kelp over hair gel). I even got a sample of your Eraser, even though I already have lots of Monistat Chafing Gel (I should send you one!).

I got some lip gloss samples too, some pinks, that purple one, and I just couldn't resist that hot-pink-y-purpl-y one even though it may well look horrid on me. That site is so dangerous, bling, bling, bling......sparkly madness, lol. Oh, and foundation, blush........

Ooh, I wonder how fast it will get here, I'll let you know when it comes, it really is exciting. I have to remember how to use eyeshadow though...........

Hey I just realized something....I didn't see any sparkly mascara...now I'll be all sparkly with boring eyelashes, lol............
04-21-2010 8:04 PM

Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks received:
209 thanks in 159 posts

04-24-2010 1:54 AM

Do you have a eye shadow brush ? You will need a brush not one of those padded applicators you get with commercial eyeshadows. You can get them cheep at the supermarket.

Here is the trick I use with the eye shadow. Get two brushes

If you want to go light and casual for day time or work take a little onto your brush and use the cap of the eyeshadow container to tap off the excess. Then apply. Applied Dry most of them (except the really dark ones) give you just a nice subtle splash or color.

If your going out and want to go a little more dramatic use your dry brush to tap some out into the cap and get the second brush wet (not drenched) swish it around in the cap to moisten the shadow then apply. This gives the color more shimmer

I got there eye liner brush and just use it with any eyeshadow I am wearing that day using the wet brush method.

I got a few samples of the lip colors but didnt like those much. I tend to not like to much color on my lips just a tinted gloss.

The sparkles from the eye shadow will end up on your eyelashes and your nose and cheeks LOL You dont notice them unless the light hits them just right. I dont have a lot of the highly sparkly ones but when I do wear them people have told me it looks like the fairies have sprinkled me with fairy dust again. Its funny its not blatant sparkly light a teen would wear its just eye catching when the light grabs it here and there.

They make them fresh so it takes about a week to a week and a half.
04-24-2010 1:54 AM
esmeralda
The Phero Faerie

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 136
Thanks received:
75 thanks in 53 posts

04-24-2010 4:00 PM

Oooooh my god.

You guys are temptation LOL I've been shopping...and I haven't stopped... I'm starting to get worried... need a summer job! please deities make it soon!!!

I had to get all the browns, and only 1 blue shadow to wear a night out when I'm feelin' brave lol

I got myself a cream eyeshadow I got curious lol it's my first time using a cream shadow... did you guys try it?
04-24-2010 4:00 PM
Sillykitty
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
46 thanks in 32 posts

04-24-2010 5:00 PM

I don't even know what I got, lol. I'm such an eye-shadow virgin, and no, Tisha, I don't think I have eye shadow brushes, though I'll have to rummage around, I do have some and one might be that kind. I can't really tell what brush is for what though.

I totally have no idea what colors I'm sposed to use, I have a feeling the ones I picked may not match me (they looked so pretty though!) in which case I'll just pass them on to you guys. I think Tisha's coloring might go better with some of the ones I chose - sparkly blues and greens. I have light brown hair and fair skin, hazel eyes.

I did try cream eyeshadow before, there used to be this Maybelline one in a little tube that I could just swipe on to my eyelids....I liked it because it was easy, no fuss, and pretty. I just never quite knew how to do all that artistic brushing and shadowing with different colors, etc. Dammit Tisha, lol!!!
04-24-2010 5:00 PM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks received:
209 thanks in 159 posts

04-25-2010 8:23 AM

Dont panic have fun with it.

You can get brushes anywhere really. The drug store or super market have them. Its times like this I really wish we could copy and paste pictures but its screws up the editor for some reason.

This is about the size and style you need but dont get that one its expensive.

I am more rose, gold, and browns. I have dark brown eyes and medium skin tone. My hair is orignally a cross betwen brown and auburn with gold highlights but I dye it blonde.

Greens should go well for you. The yellow orange peach section should work for you as well as the lighter colors in the brown taupes tans and beige. Go for the warmer colors

Blues are generally more for the blue eyed fair skinned.

Now watch these >>>> I dont like her brush its to big for my taste

Now for more of a nightitme look follow this >>>>

Be sure to prime your eye area. Lotion or the erasor and tap on a little transparant or light powder to smooth the area and make the eye shadow take better and look more even.

I never use the creams because I find they crease and cake up over time.

Tisha
04-25-2010 8:23 AM

Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
254 thanks in 355 posts

04-25-2010 10:20 AM

(04-21-2010 8:04 PM)Sillykitty Wrote:  I got this and that and this and that, hehe, lots of pretty glittery things - samples of course, plus a liner brush and some liner mixing gel, hope I can do it, I'm more used to a pencil, so hopefully I won't be drawing all over my eyelids, lol.

I haven't used eye shadows in ages, I picked all kinds of crazy colors. Plus some of that glitter it says you can mix with hair gel (though I prefer sea kelp over hair gel). I even got a sample of your Eraser, even though I already have lots of Monistat Chafing Gel (I should send you one!).

I got some lip gloss samples too, some pinks, that purple one, and I just couldn't resist that hot-pink-y-purpl-y one even though it may well look horrid on me. That site is so dangerous, bling, bling, bling......sparkly madness, lol. Oh, and foundation, blush........

Ooh, I wonder how fast it will get here, I'll let you know when it comes, it really is exciting. I have to remember how to use eyeshadow though...........

Hey I just realized something....I didn't see any sparkly mascara...now I'll be all sparkly with boring eyelashes, lol............

I promise once you get the hang the of the eyeliner brush you won't want to go back to a pencil. It's much more precise & easier to control. One thing for me....if I have to blink I always stop, blink, then continue. For me it's easier if I wet the brush, so the liner powder doesn't end up sprinkling on my face. That may be too dark for you, if you're not used to it.
(This post was last modified: 04-25-2010 10:21 AM by Beccah.)
04-25-2010 10:20 AM
Sillykitty
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
46 thanks in 32 posts

04-25-2010 12:26 PM

(04-25-2010 10:20 AM)Beccah1 Wrote:  I promise once you get the hang the of the eyeliner brush you won't want to go back to a pencil. It's much more precise & easier to control. One thing for me....if I have to blink I always stop, blink, then continue. For me it's easier if I wet the brush, so the liner powder doesn't end up sprinkling on my face. That may be too dark for you, if you're not used to it.

I know, I've always liked the way liquid liner looks. Though you can't do the smudging thing really (I don't think).

Okay, you guys will just have to come out to Hawaii and help me, lol. We'll have a girls holday! Smile
04-25-2010 12:26 PM
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
254 thanks in 355 posts

04-25-2010 5:36 PM

(04-25-2010 12:26 PM)Sillykitty Wrote:  I know, I've always liked the way liquid liner looks. Though you can't do the smudging thing really (I don't think).

Okay, you guys will just have to come out to Hawaii and help me, lol. We'll have a girls holday! Smile

I would love to come help you! Hmm, I haven't tried to smudge my mineral liner when I apply it wet. Although I'm sure in theory it could be, after it dries?
04-25-2010 5:36 PM

Share This Thread