Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

Exclusive Offer for PheroTruth Members!

Limited Time Offer - Register now and gain access to a discount code good for 70% on any orders from Luv Essentials.

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pure Luxe
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
254 thanks in 355 posts

RE: Pure Luxe
05-07-2010 9:38 AM

Hey what was the company name on your ship notice, I ordered from them as soon as I saw this thread.....& I got a ship notice from TVB yesterday...so I'm hoping that's finally my Luxe order!
ETA: I emailed them after I posted & shortly thereafter received a ship notice, yay!
(This post was last modified: 05-08-2010 12:16 AM by Beccah.)
05-07-2010 9:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 148
Thanks received:
209 thanks in 159 posts

05-08-2010 8:58 AM

Mine says Pureluxe.

My last order shipped out about a week after order and took just a few days to reach me. They try to keep the tat time to 3 to 5 business days. Like many small companies they make there products by hand so sometimes it takes a little longer then a compnay that has it all in stock and ready to go.

Tish
05-08-2010 8:58 AM
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Rep Post

Thanks received:
254 thanks in 355 posts

05-08-2010 9:56 PM

I ordered 4-17, but they moved to a different building so that's understandable. Although, an email would've been nice, lol.
05-08-2010 9:56 PM

esmeralda
The Phero Faerie

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 136
Thanks received:
75 thanks in 53 posts

05-11-2010 2:14 PM

Haven't received any notice at all...

be patient selva...be patient... King
05-11-2010 2:14 PM
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Rep Post

Thanks received:
254 thanks in 355 posts

05-11-2010 2:36 PM

Got my order yesterday. The eraser is nice & concentrated. Got a sample of the blue corrector, I don't think I used it correctly today, because my undereyes look a tad green. Don't want people thinking TT blacked my eye, bwahaha. I grabbed a sample of their cream foundation, man is that stuff chalky looking! It goes on a tad too dry (even over the eraser). I do like the eyeshadow, it's pretty true to what you see in the jar. I'm trying 'Razor's Edge' today. A pretty silver color, pleasant side effect is that it brings out a yellowish tinge in my greenish gray eyes Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2010 2:37 PM by Beccah.)
05-11-2010 2:36 PM
Sillykitty
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 19
Thanks received:
46 thanks in 32 posts

05-17-2010 8:56 PM

I finally got mine today, yay! I got an assortment of stuff, including the lining gel and a lining brush, foundation, shadows, lip colors. The colors are all so pretty!

I'm stuck at work, but just couldn't resist playing a little. Fortunately I had a little lip brush with me from my Estee lauder Lip Vinyl (in Plastique Pink, which is my one of my all-time faves).

So I put on some of the Lippie Illegal sample, a purplish color that was gorgeous but maybe a bit wild for the hospital. So I dipped my lip brush into my Lip Wand Lust (glittery magenta-rose)sample, and applied some over the purple Illegal, calming it into a slightly more acceptable glittery purplish magenta-rose. The lip colors dried nicely, and are comfortable on my lips. Not greasy, if a strand of hair went on my lips, it wouldn't get stuck (don't you hate when that happens!!), but not dreid out either. Though I can't tell you if its the "lippie" stuff or the "lip wand" stuff, since they're kind of mixed together, lol.

So of course, then i just HAD to try eye stuff. Since I had nothing to apply the loose eye shadow with (can I use my finger, or would that look awful?), I had to just try one of the Eye Creme samples, I chose Fairy Wings, a pale pearly pinkish color, I like it, though I think I could have applied a little more though.

Okay, so eyeliner time. I brought the Liner Gel, the teensy tipped liner brush and the sampe of Flashcube Magic (blue-green-purple glittery) into the bathroom (I did the lip stuff at my desk, but felt the eye liner needed a bit more serious attention to application, especially being new at this).

I had briefly looked at the instructions online, and followed them, dipping the brush into the Liner Gel, then into the powder, then mixing them on a suface before applying. Except it came out kind of clumpy, but I persisted, and found that it worked better if I just did the gel and powder, but didn't mix them and just applied them. I ended up with a slightly clumpy, but pretty, glittery blue-green line, not perfect, but so what, it still looked nice.

Of course when I get back to my desk and re-looked at the directions, those instructions were for regular eye liner powder, not glitter. Glitter required two liner brushes, one to first apply a line of just the gel, and another to put the glitter on top of the gel (then let them dry). Oh well.

I was about to say, okay enough, but then my eyes lit upon the Kaliedoscope Oasis sample, a light aqua-ish color-changing shimmer dust. I thought, okay, this might work for the non-glitter instructions. It did work, and I applied a not-perfectly-straight line of it on top of the blue-green glitter, and some under my lower lashes as well. Very nice! And because it was a lightish color, my wobbly line didn't look bad at all, in fact kind of nice, with just a hint of the darker glitter below.

The problem is, I don't have makeup remover at work, so I just have to make do, lol.

And I have almost 4 more hours here at work, so who knows what kind of creature I'll become before the day is through! Twisted
05-17-2010 8:56 PM
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Rep Post

Thanks received:
254 thanks in 355 posts

05-17-2010 10:01 PM

Hey you're doing pretty good for not being a make-up maven. I was going to post about using the colored eraser. It's a nice matte alternative to my SmashBox hybrid primer. I do have to mix it in my palm before I applying. A tip on applying mineral eyeliner. I like to wet my brush first, then dip it into my powder. Getting a kind of liquid liner Smile
05-17-2010 10:01 PM

Sillykitty
Contributes Regularly

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 19
Thanks received:
46 thanks in 32 posts

05-17-2010 11:54 PM

I haven't tried doing it dry yet, I just used the Liner Gel stuff, and my eyes have all this stuff on from being at work and not being able to wait to get home to play, lol. And my lips too. Since now I have on Illegal covered with Lust covered with Kiss Me Baby.

I've got some brushes somewhere, have to dig them out. I go back and forth from mineral makeup, lately I've been using this awesome lfirming liquid minerals with DMAE and MSM from NCN Skin Care , I always get toms of compliments on my skin when I use it.

I didn't do a great job of shopping at Pure Luxe though. Not knowing what to get, I picked whatever looked pretty. I'm not so good at putting together a "look" especially when it comes to eyeshadows, etc. Its all that "base color has to be this and then put such-andsuch in the crease then feather blahblah blah", I think it kind of scared me away.

I didn't get enough dark eyeliner colors, and everything has sparkles in it, which I love, though hopefully it won't be too hard to put on (with all the warnings about the glitters falling all over, and needing to use the liner gel stuff, etc). And since I'm doing more eye makeup, I guess I'd better dig out my mineral blushes, since it doesn't look quite right to have sparkly eyes and lips but the rest just plain, lol.

When I was in my clubbing-all-night-long-every-single-night phase, I used to use a little of this Maybelline creme stuff in a little tube that I would just quirt a little of on my finger then swipe it over my eyelids and be good to go.

So now I pretty much have been using just my NCN liquid mineral foundation, Clinique Continuous Coverage concealer for the occasional spots, this wonderful no-brand Powderliner for eye liner and whatever kind of lip gloss, etc. . I haven't worn mascara lately, probably because I'm too lazy to have to take it off at night with eye makeup remover, lol. Which I'd have to locate (I switched rooms with my son recently, still unpacking).

Oh, I noticed Pure Luxe doesn't have mascara, but they sell these disposable mascara wands. Hmm.
05-17-2010 11:54 PM
Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Rep Post

Thanks received:
254 thanks in 355 posts

05-18-2010 12:50 AM

I used to have Kevin Aucion's 'Making Faces' & 'Face Forward'. Actully, for day wear it's adviseable to use one strong color & mute the rest of the face. That's a really great way to make your best feature pop also. I've learned over the years that's the best way to distract from my smll lips Smile Then I apply a light color gloss to my lips...I repeat I have small lips, but that's how I maximize what I have. If I had luscious lips I'd go with a dark liner, & an attention grabbing color on the lips.
05-18-2010 12:50 AM
Thanks given by esmeralda
esmeralda
The Phero Faerie

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 136
Thanks received:
75 thanks in 53 posts

05-19-2010 11:05 AM

Oh my god *moan* Kevyn Aucoin is hands down amazing. when I was younger I used to stare at his work on these models... oh my god they looked gorgeous... what a transformation. By staring at them I learned how to use makeup right. I still got to learn to use the mascara properly though :S it's been like 4 years and I haven't mastered it yet Eek

*sigh* I finally got a confirmation from pure lux... now waiting for my package! :good3:
05-19-2010 11:05 AM

Share This Thread