Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Potential Covers for Wolf?
Dafixisin
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Potential Covers for Wolf?
11-15-2011 6:26 PM

Hello all,

After having finally exhausted every last drop of my sample vial of Wolf, I'm convinced it's a truly awesome, supernova-level product. For more detail, read as33156's most recent experience with Wolf on his latest journal entry (post #279):

https://pherotruth.com/Thread-Nice-guy-t...5#pid30525

My question is, I'm thinking about adding a cover for my Wolf+Glace combo. Wolf, in and of itself needs no cover; it definitely smells fantastic as a standalone. But given that I'm marrying it to Glace, a cover is needed. I'd like to find a cover that is congruent with the Wolf scent, but am having trouble describing it even to myself.

Would you describe it as vanilla-ey? I need to enlist the olfactory experiences of all you pheroholics out there. It smells vanilla-ish to me, but maybe I'm describing the wrong scent. Sure could use everyone's help on this one.

I'm considering marrying this Wolf/Glace combo with Thierry Mugler's A*Men Coffee scent. Has anyone tried both these scents? Would they jive?

Thanks, in advance, all.
dafix
11-15-2011 6:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

RE: Potential Covers for Wolf?
11-15-2011 6:43 PM

To my nose, the scent of Wolf is orange and light musk. I could see some vanilla in there, or maybe some sweet woods.

I haven't smelled A-Men but idk about coffee & citrus.

I think it would be a great match for L'Homme, or something fruitier, like Eau de Orange Verte or Love & Luck.
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2011 6:43 PM by dbot.)
11-15-2011 6:43 PM
as33156
Ubermensch

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

11-15-2011 6:46 PM

(11-15-2011 6:26 PM)Dafixisin Wrote:  Hello all,

After having finally exhausted every last drop of my sample vial of Wolf, I'm convinced it's a truly awesome, supernova-level product. For more detail, read as33156's most recent experience with Wolf on his latest journal entry (post #279):

My question is, I'm thinking about adding a cover for my Wolf+Glace combo. Wolf, in and of itself needs no cover; it definitely smells fantastic as a standalone. But given that I'm marrying it to Glace, a cover is needed. I'd like to find a cover that is congruent with the Wolf scent, but am having trouble describing it even to myself.

Would you describe it as vanilla-ey? I need to enlist the olfactory experiences of all you pheroholics out there. It smells vanilla-ish to me, but maybe I'm describing the wrong scent. Sure could use everyone's help on this one.

I'm considering marrying this Wolf/Glace combo with Thierry Mugler's A*Men Coffee scent. Has anyone tried both these scents? Would they jive?

Thanks, in advance, all.
dafix

Great thread Dafixisin,

I can't rep you anymore gotta spread the STD's.... I mean LOVE Big Grin

For some reason when I think of Wolf I automatically think of the hugo boss cologne called orange that I use to wear in college. I may have to invest in some more of that scent as always got compliments from it.

[Image: hugobossorangej.jpg]

I think Wolf & Orange would be an amazing combination.

My Journal: http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Nice-guy-to...My-journey

My Survival Course & Thread (GET IT & THRIVE): http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-Modern-...#pid108462

"We can delude ourselves into thinking that ALL WE NEED is one more product, one more seminar, one more "thing" and our lives will be set. But the truth is that our lives are on a continuous path that NEVER peaks. We just keep getting better and better or worse and worse."
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2011 6:47 PM by as33156.)
11-15-2011 6:46 PM
Dafixisin
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-15-2011 7:01 PM

Maybe what I've been thinking was vanilla is really musk. I've always kinda self-described Wolf as baby powdery, vanilla-ish.

I noticed that both you, dbot and as33156 are leaning orange-ish in both of your takes on the Wolf scent. I'll have to investigate these scents in more detail at a local retail location.

dbot, what's L'Homme? Is that the product name or the manufacturer?
11-15-2011 7:01 PM
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

11-15-2011 7:09 PM

L'Homme by Yves St Laurent. One of my all-time favs.
11-15-2011 7:09 PM

shadowknight
BOSS

Rep Post

11-15-2011 8:34 PM

hey i wana help out too lol
check out this website:
click the note that you think is in wolf and a list of male and female fragances
that contain that note will appear just browse to see which one you would like
by clickin any a page for the fragrance will appear and you can see other notes in that fragrance
and also how many people liked it/ loved it/ dislike/ for day/ for night etc.
also reviews

PeRs0n@L J0uRn@L

Liquid Alchemy Labs: aqua vitae, badwolf, posses alpha, nude
Alpha Dream: Corpo,Alfa Maschio, LIIK v1
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive, E.O.W. perception samples
True Pheromones: TA, TComm,TI oil/Body spray,TL oil/spray
HAX: m512
Paradise7: pursuit
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2011 8:35 PM by shadowknight.)
11-15-2011 8:34 PM
CG_Jung
phero-dabbler

Rep Post

11-15-2011 9:41 PM

I recommend looking into Dior Homme to pair up. It is my go-to everyday scent right now and shares a lot of notes with those in Wolf. Lots of iris and lavender up top (similar to Wolf), leather, chocolate, woods, and tobacco in drydown"”the Intense version has more cardamom and spice. Wolf has a lot more citrus, which DH doesn't, which is why L'Homme would also work.

People on Basenotes call DH a pretty-boy fragrance, unisex, or say it smells like Paris. It's definitely powdery, and I've read that some people get a lipstick or woman's-makeup-bag smell. I wear a suit and tie every day and the formality works but it's not something that goes with a t-shirt.

Projection, longevity, and sillage are its big weakness, however"”probably not going to amplify mones like Acqua di Gio or Le Male. You can try it out at Sephora for sure but I don't think all department stores carry Dior Homme. Hope this helps.

In the (pared-down) rotation: Wolf, AV, Glace, AM, 9+0; Dior Homme, Dior Homme Intense, Acqua di Gio, Incense: Avignon, Jicky.

Journal
11-15-2011 9:41 PM
FUNNER
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

11-15-2011 10:38 PM

(11-15-2011 6:43 PM)dbot Wrote:  To my nose, the scent of Wolf is orange and light musk. I could see some vanilla in there, or maybe some sweet woods.

I haven't smelled A-Men but idk about coffee & citrus.

I think it would be a great match for L'Homme, or something fruitier, like Eau de Orange Verte or Love & Luck.

Eau de Orange Verte-
If I could only get more than an hour or so out of this stuff.
I'd try Terre D' Hermes. Lasts and lasts though does not smell as awesome as EOV. Probably due to the massive SuperE in it so make sure to put that on first lest you get the mones stuck in the SuperE vapor lock.
Alternative? order the Wolf unscented. Scent it comes with is pretty good in my estimation.
11-15-2011 10:38 PM
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

11-15-2011 10:43 PM

Yeah, Eau de Orange Verte really does have poor longevity. Smells great though.

I didn't realize there was Iso E in Terre. I like that one as well, but I agree, not quite as tasty. It could actually be a really good match for the Wolf scent though.
11-15-2011 10:43 PM
Curiosity
why pretend when you have science

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

11-15-2011 11:00 PM

I have been using 3 drops Wolf with 3 drops Hypnotica a lot lately; they work very well together. I think Wolf smells great as is why would you want to cover it up?

(11-15-2011 6:26 PM)Dafixisin Wrote:  Hello all,

Thanks, in advance, all.
dafix

My Pheromone Arsenal:

Liquid Alchemy Labs: Asian, Aqua Vitae, Hypnotica Social, Nude, Overdose, Possess, Wolf

True Pheromones: TI, XXX, True Essence, A-1, Androstatrione
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2011 11:07 PM by Curiosity.)
11-15-2011 11:00 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best Covers for Summer/ humid weather ? RiCh 13 7,130 05-08-2015 4:12 PM
Last Post: RiCh