Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Posts/Replies not visible
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Thanks Given: 1822
Thanks received:
4760 thanks in 1968 posts

RE: Posts/Replies not visible
08-11-2012 6:37 AM

OK, that it doesn't happen to everyone clealy shows that it isn't a glitch in the forum software. The only reason I can think of for the double posts is double clicking the submit button, which I am going to try to replicate in this reply. and, the only reason I can think of for a post not showing up is that members are seeing a cched copy if the page instead of the actual page.

I've treid to replicate the issue on 3 computers and 2 cell phones and cannot though, even tring to double click on the submit buttoin just gave me an error stating that I had already submitted the post a dposted a single copy.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
08-11-2012 6:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1632
Thanks received:
3372 thanks in 1534 posts

08-11-2012 8:56 AM

I know I am not double clicking the post button. I am almost positive that it's an internet explorer issue. It started when i switched to it. 3 things happen. 1. i get a message from the forum that i have already posted this reply to the same thread. i like those because I don't have to do anything. 2. 2 identical posts appear. i then go back and delete one. 3 one post but 2 identical replies in post seperated by a line. It's ultra annoying, I am going to have to switch again. Every browser has some shortcoming as far as forums go.
08-11-2012 8:56 AM
lostlibra74
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 50
Thanks received:
257 thanks in 149 posts

08-11-2012 11:40 AM

Yeah, probably a IE bug. The double posting is not a double clicking issue. That was the first thing I was careful about when I noticed the issue. Probably iE acting nuts after the click. But wouldn't explain the posts not showing up. The issue with the post not showing up has happened both on ie and on my iPhone. Usually posting behind the hidden replies gets them to show up. But when I posted this thread I had three of my own posts not show up until the third post.

http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Here-goes-n...lpha-libra

Chemlab:
Acqua Vitae
Evolve
Nude Alpha Sample
Alpha Maschio Sample
Lucky 7 sample
Odyssey sample
L2K
A1

On the way:
Wolf
08-11-2012 11:40 AM

shadowknight
BOSS

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3246
Thanks received:
310 thanks in 188 posts

08-11-2012 11:59 AM

i use firefox might it be an addon or plugin?
Recently I updated or installed something of Java.
I'm also running an old version of firefox haven't updated it.
I also open several tabs of the forum but this had never caused this.

PeRs0n@L J0uRn@L

Liquid Alchemy Labs: aqua vitae, badwolf, posses alpha, nude
Alpha Dream: Corpo,Alfa Maschio, LIIK v1
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive, E.O.W. perception samples
True Pheromones: TA, TComm,TI oil/Body spray,TL oil/spray
HAX: m512
Paradise7: pursuit
08-11-2012 11:59 AM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks received:

08-11-2012 1:00 PM

I don't know if I.E. 9 is any better now, but when Micrososoft first realeased it and shoved it down everybodies throats who had automatic updating set on their computeres, it was buggy as hell and the worst browser they ahd released since I.E. 5 over 20 years ago. I have I.E. 8 and Firefox 10 on my computers and have never experienced any of the poroblems mentioned here.

Next time someone posts a reply which isn't showing up, try clicking to another page on the forum, then clicking on the thread where you posted the reply again and see if the post doesn't show up. My bet is that upon submitting the reply the browser is pulling back up the cached copy of the page instead of a fresdh copy, because it's basically impossible for a reply to be posted but not show up untill others are posted behind it. The programming just doesn't work that way and couldn't create that issue.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
08-11-2012 1:00 PM
lostlibra74
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
257 thanks in 149 posts

08-14-2012 6:51 AM

I just got notified of seeusmile's response to as3's journal. Went to the page and that reply wasn't showing up. So I went to another thread and back, that reply still didn't show up. So I deleted my cache, closed all browser windows, reopened and went back to the thread and the response still didn't show up until I posted my own response.
I just got notified of seeusmile's response to as3's journal. Went to the page and that reply wasn't showing up. So I went to another thread and back, that reply still didn't show up. So I deleted my cache, closed all browser windows, reopened and went back to the thread and the response still didn't show up until I posted my own response.

Chemlab:
Acqua Vitae
Evolve
Nude Alpha Sample
Alpha Maschio Sample
Lucky 7 sample
Odyssey sample
L2K
A1

On the way:
Wolf
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2012 6:51 AM by lostlibra74.)
08-14-2012 6:51 AM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks received:

08-14-2012 7:02 AM

OK, let's think about that for a second: You tried to view a post made by somebody else and could not, so you cleared your cache, closed all windows and reopened the thread but still couldn't view it. You then posted a reply and somebody elses post made at some earlier point now shows up?

Your cache could not have been completely deleted then, because you had to still be viewing a cached copy until you actually posted, which caused the browser to leave and reopen the thread and a fresh copy of the page.

It's not possible for something you post to affect something posted by somebody else, who is on a different computer and I.P. Does that meake sense?

If it happens again try an F5 refresh, which causes the browser to pull a fresh copy of the page, if you aen't using any kind of web accelerator.

08-14-2012 7:02 AM

lostlibra74
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
257 thanks in 149 posts

08-14-2012 7:38 AM

what you're saying make sense. That's not what I was trying to say. I'm simply describing everything that happened step by step for trouble shooting. Clearly it's some sort of weird browser bug.

But I am sure the cache delete was complete. I didn't close and reopen right away, waited until a few minutes after notification it was complete. I'm just keeping notes mainly for myself, and in case some of it might be helpful to others who are having this problem.

Chemlab:
Acqua Vitae
Evolve
Nude Alpha Sample
Alpha Maschio Sample
Lucky 7 sample
Odyssey sample
L2K
A1

On the way:
Wolf
08-14-2012 7:38 AM
lostlibra74
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
257 thanks in 149 posts

08-15-2012 8:20 AM

ok new wrinkle. I got an email for as3's latest post to his journal. I clicked the link to the email and it took me to the first page of his journal instead of taking me to the post. When I clicked over to the last page, his reply wasn't there. f5 refresh, reply wasn't there. Had to post to get it to show up.
ok new wrinkle. I got an email for as3's latest post to his journal. I clicked the link to the email and it took me to the first page of his journal instead of taking me to the post. When I clicked over to the last page, his reply wasn't there. f5 refresh, reply wasn't there. Had to post to get it to show up.

Chemlab:
Acqua Vitae
Evolve
Nude Alpha Sample
Alpha Maschio Sample
Lucky 7 sample
Odyssey sample
L2K
A1

On the way:
Wolf
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2012 8:20 AM by lostlibra74.)
08-15-2012 8:20 AM
lostlibra74
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks received:
257 thanks in 149 posts

08-15-2012 1:27 PM

and here we go again. the latest reply in the 'what are you wearing today' thread wasn't showing up for me. So I posted what I was wearing to trigger it. No dice, when my reply was 'posted' it took me back to the first page of the thread. Go to the last page, still no new replies. Close all browsers, f5 refresh, still no new replies. This is weird.

Chemlab:
Acqua Vitae
Evolve
Nude Alpha Sample
Alpha Maschio Sample
Lucky 7 sample
Odyssey sample
L2K
A1

On the way:
Wolf