Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Pherotruth.com is on the AD Blacklist
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Pherotruth.com is on the AD Blacklist
10-18-2009 12:14 PM

(10-18-2009 9:24 AM)Diane999 Wrote:  I can guarantee that is total bullshit they were feeding you. They can and do read PM's. There isn't an automated system for blocking PM's with certain "code" words. The software comes with the PM admin reading ability built in and you can't even request to get the program without it.

Diane

Actually vBulletin doesn't come with the ability to read PM's in admin, it is a third party plugin module that needs to be installed separately. However, PM's are stored in the database and could be viewed and even edited or deleted directly in the database by someone knowledgeable with mySQL, or that took the time to learn it. Here is a link to a thread in the vBulletin forum addressing just that issue:

The software platform we use (MyBB) also has a third party plugin available for that too, however it is NOT installed and NEVER will be. Private Messages are just that!

For anyone that's interested and wants to see just what we do have installed, I've attached a snapshot of the plugins we are using.

On another note, Michael's public postings of Private Messages between Diane and himself, regardless of whether those messages were edited or entirely fabricated, is probably a violation of the Electronic Communication Privacy Act. A summary of the Act can be found here:

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
10-18-2009 12:14 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Diane999
Banned for Violations

10-21-2009 9:56 PM

(10-17-2009 3:32 PM)Gegogi Wrote:  Hmm, now I know why hardly nobody answers my PMs over yonder. I thought they didn't like me...

I have a feeling it won't be long before they are spending all their time (instead of 85% of their time) censoring and moderating every PM to for "containment" reasons. Belittling, demonizing and trying to marginalize us won't be far behind.

So, what? The cream rises to the top and the muck settles to the bottom, and it looks like all the cream is here, not there.

Diane
10-21-2009 9:56 PM
Data4
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

10-24-2009 2:58 PM

Just remember that new members over there are, much like many of us at first, ignorant to the realities of Pheromones, expecting a Gilroy experience, and overall blissfully unaware. They're moldable, and for the most part, innocent in their ignorance. It's a rather obvious thing to state, I know, but I would hate to see the animosity that may exist between some of us and the administration over there bleed over to the general membership. There are still a lot of good people there who haven't experienced first hand the problems some of you guys have experienced. Heck, to be completely honest, I never had any negative interaction with anyone there, but I have no reason to disbelieve any of you, based on the integrity you have shown both there and here.

I say this because the last thing I'd want to see is a schism develop between we at Pherotruth and our friends at Pherotalk who don't yet know we're here.

-D4
10-24-2009 2:58 PM
Gegogi
Yikes! Cupcakes 'n Bondage

Rep Post

10-24-2009 9:18 PM

(10-24-2009 2:58 PM)Data4 Wrote:  I say this because the last thing I'd want to see is a schism develop between we at Pherotruth and our friends at Pherotalk who don't yet know we're here.

I still pop in Pherotalk almost daily, although I'm posting a lot less. It's quickly becoming a different world: most of the "old friends" are gone while many of the active posters are noobs. And some pretty terrible advice is too often being dispensed...

I don't think there will ever be a schism between the forum members and us: they're very welcome here. The problem is with "the man." The man is insecure and his fear made him throw the baby out with the bath water. This blacklist status flies in the face of the spirit of science, sharing of information and community. We are not Adrotics employees and have no access to trade secrets so we're not practicing commercial espionage. We're freakin' neighbors talking over the fence. The free flow of ideas and information would not only benefit pheromone users, but also the companies that create and sell them. I hate to start waving the flag and all, but blacklisting seems so un-American and friggen smacks of reds 'n commies...

Ah don't wanna pickle...just wanna ride mah motosickle! Twisted
10-24-2009 9:18 PM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

10-24-2009 11:04 PM

(10-24-2009 9:18 PM)Gegogi Wrote:  I still pop in Pherotalk almost daily, although I'm posting a lot less. It's quickly becoming a different world: most of the "old friends" are gone while many of the active posters are noobs. And some pretty terrible advice is too often being dispensed...

I don't think there will ever be a schism between the forum members and us: they're very welcome here. The problem is with "the man." The man is insecure and his fear made him throw the baby out with the bath water. This blacklist status flies in the face of the spirit of science, sharing of information and community. We are not Adrotics employees and have no access to trade secrets so we're not practicing commercial espionage. We're freakin' neighbors talking over the fence. The free flow of ideas and information would not only benefit pheromone users, but also the companies that create and sell them. I hate to start waving the flag and all, but blacklisting seems so un-American and friggen smacks of reds 'n commies...

Yes, except everyone seems to be overlooking one thing.

In my opinion, they don't run that forum for community spirit. And they are not interested in what anyone actually does over there as long as they stay right where they are and are buying their products.

And if that is the case, they dont want anyone coming over here and feeling the freshness and freedom. We talk about other peoples product and encourage each other when we buy and try them. That alone is enough for them to blacklist us. See, all those other companies are bad guys, not because of bad practices, but because they sell non-AD products... market share and all that jazz.

As much as AD has always protested that they are doing "real science" and aren't like those other forums that exist only to promote their own products, that forum exists only to promote AD products.

The pressure to buy only AD hasn't been super hard, but it is consistent with people on that forum feeling honor bound to suggest AD products for everything even when it was something AD wasn't even offering like EST... remember all the "buy P74" days?

And that is not to harsh anyone. I found myself doing those sorts of things out of loyalty and because at one point I believed the crock they served up about non-AD suppliers. Some of what they say may be true, but some of it isn't. And doing a little digging shows that pretty clearly.

Diane
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2009 11:15 PM by Diane999.)

zeph
=]

Rep Post

(10-11-2009 9:52 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  You know its funny; everyone who's posted in this thread has been among the strongest supporters of Androtics and the most valuable posters in their forum. Each of us are passionate in our pursuits and we are unwilling to bow down, be lied to or manipulated. Now we're here talking about how far off course they've strayed from everything they professed and promised, and how unhappy we are with their actions!

Yea... I second that. I was a huge supporter of Androtics. I still am in a way, just for their products though. In terms of advice, like Gegogi mentioned in a few posts above, its been pretty trash quality lately. Advice given to newbies by newbies... and the intro advice for newbies isn't what it use to be. I thought AD were the "good guys" and that other companies were either trash, inferior or scams. That was the impression I got until people like jim, gegogi, tish, mark and others recommended sites like LP and Love Scent. I really only bought from Love Scent because of Gegogi and his reviews of New Pheromone Additive. Regardless though, all of us still gave AD the benefit of the doubt till recently. If AD considers our... exodus from the forums as a slap to the face then maybe they need to realize what's going on over there. It's not us who've changed, its them.

Look at the top viewed journals and posters. No one is there anymore cept DJ and jayarea. I mean, we were active forum posters who helped the community out. I guess we just weren't willing to be used...
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Rep Post

10-25-2009 11:11 AM

(10-24-2009 11:04 PM)zeph Wrote:  Look at the top viewed journals and posters. No one is there anymore cept DJ and jayarea. I mean, we were active forum posters who helped the community out. I guess we just weren't willing to be used...

And I'd almost be willing to bet that AD has been throwing huge gift certificates at them to keep them loyal and posting! They've been throwing around a LOT of $1,000.00 GC's lately, and not to the most worthy recipients either.

10-25-2009 11:11 AM
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

10-25-2009 12:14 PM

Woah, what? That's a single $1000 GC? Not a bunch of smaller GCs adding up to a total of $1000?? I'm not sure what the hell they're thinking if they really are having financial troubles.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
10-25-2009 12:14 PM
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Rep Post

10-25-2009 12:34 PM

Yeah, they're sending out single GC's for $1,000.00 each and they've been giving them to a number of people, including one member who's been using the GC's then selling the products to other PT members. I guess you can buy kiss asses and loyalty, but not morals and ethics!

10-25-2009 12:34 PM
Xiphoid
Swede as Sugar

Sex: Female

Rep Post

10-25-2009 1:54 PM

(10-25-2009 12:34 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  Yeah, they're sending out single GC's for $1,000.00 each and they've been giving them to a number of people, including one member who's been using the GC's then selling the products to other PT members. I guess you can buy kiss asses and loyalty, but not morals and ethics!

Holy crap! $1000? And here I was thinking they had money problems... Apparently not Dodgy
10-25-2009 1:54 PM

Share This Thread