Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Pherotruth.com is on the AD Blacklist
Diane999
Banned for Violations

Sex: Male

RE: Pherotruth.com is on the AD Blacklist
10-11-2009 2:40 PM

(10-11-2009 1:59 PM)Gone with the Wind Wrote:  I dug up the old thread. To save anyone else the trouble, it's at .

As far as I can see, two people of good intent got at cross purposes, and the fallout is causing a lot of ruckus. Obviously there was behind-the-scene interaction not visible in the thread. However, it seems that individuals on both sides of the divide still value their own self-integrity, and both sides still probably have common interests in working together. I think I'll try to avoid flaming either side. That way I can piss everyone off equally.

A legal agreement often does put things on a more well-defined basis.

GWTW, you're entitled to your opinions. But if there were any integrity to any of the "behind the scenes" interactions I would still be there.

Diane
10-11-2009 2:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gegogi
Yikes! Cupcakes 'n Bondage

Rep Post

10-11-2009 4:17 PM

(10-11-2009 1:59 PM)Gone with the Wind Wrote:  I dug up the old thread. To save anyone else the trouble, it's at .

As far as I can see, two people of good intent got at cross purposes, and the fallout is causing a lot of ruckus. Obviously there was behind-the-scene interaction not visible in the thread. However, it seems that individuals on both sides of the divide still value their own self-integrity, and both sides still probably have common interests in working together. I think I'll try to avoid flaming either side. That way I can piss everyone off equally.

A legal agreement often does put things on a more well-defined basis.

Yes, it's all about what happened behind the scenes, outside the forum. And judging from the occasional editing of posts, there is often more "above" the scene going on as well. However, if it were merely this single incident involving Diane, most of us, save Diane, would probably dismiss it as an anomaly and go on our merry ways. But, alas, the fallout is the result of a long and repeated pattern of events involving many esteemed forum members. I observed the harbinger of these changes a couple years back when my posts were edited for "unmentionables" during the "world's largest uncensored pheromone forum" era. I even got a phone call telling me to knock it off or I'd be banned. It may have been the world's largest pheromone forum, but it certainly was not uncensored. I was merely discussing chemset mones I used in my mixes (no links were provided). Of course, the new slogan is "the world's largest pheromone community," so there is no expectation of uncensored indicated or implied. And, yes, it is their forum so they are free to do as they please. However, I believe the quality of content has been strongly compromised with the absence of so many seasoned members. After all, a forum only works if members feel confident they can freely exchange ideas. Basically that's the cornerstone of what a forum is. Sadly, Androtics will ultimately suffer the most from their actions.

Ah don't wanna pickle...just wanna ride mah motosickle! Twisted
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2009 4:17 PM by Gegogi.)
10-11-2009 4:17 PM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

10-12-2009 5:48 AM

I do understand why they removed the mention of Pherotruth. They pay a huge amount of money for there advertising and they are just trying to hold onto there membership. The forum is a huge sales vehicle for them even if they claim its there for the members. Business is slow for them right now or at least slower since the economy is bad still. Gegogi didn't however post a link and the rule was always about linking to not talking about other forums or chat rooms. Pherotalk has not been uncensored for a long time though. You see what they allow you to see. I will say when reporting on products though good or bad they leave those posts.

I have no bad feelings towards Androtics as a pheromone company. The forum is not so great these days but no one is really manning it well right now. Steve has a lot on his plate taking care of business matters and cant work 24/7. Its just not fair to him. The moderator sort of leads the conversations in the direction they want it to go. That is what my job was there. Keep it light fun and keep it about attraction and pheromones. Its not as easy as it looks and is very time consuming.

I think the atmosphere of the forum changed drastically with the long list of things that need to be censored like copulins LP, and any other pheromone company that is not on the OK list. Long time members felt that change and wanted a place where we can talk about whatever subject we wanted. This way we would still be showing respect to the company we loved by not bringing up things they didn't want brought up on their forum but we could share information and experiences on other companies, copulins and such with each other still. They have also instilled a lot of fear in some members with all this crazy shit that should have never been brought up on a open forum. People should not be afraid to speak the truth.

Anywho..........They took our departure as a insult upon them and decided to start mud slinging. Calling anyone who didnt worship at their alter evil and physio paths.

Treating some long time members with disrespect as they did with Diane when she would not hand over her formula to them. Its just not good business and its not something I want to be associated with anymore.

Tisha
10-12-2009 5:48 AM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

10-12-2009 9:48 AM

Good points, Tisha.

I think this is a great forum to share ideas and experiences. We don't need Androtic's stamp of approval and really, that would be the worst thing that could happen to us.

Products should stand on their own merits without having someone behind the scenes nudging reporting one way or another or censoring each of our experiences.

And this forum is a place where we can freely talk about what we are using, what works for us, what doesn't, how we wear things, when, etc, and freely talk about the companies that provide those products.

This can be a much better community than AD could ever hope to be, and I'm rooting for that. [Image: 41.gif]

Diane
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2009 9:49 AM by Diane999.)
10-12-2009 9:48 AM
Xiphoid
Swede as Sugar

Rep Post

10-17-2009 10:02 AM

(10-12-2009 5:48 AM)Tisha Wrote:  I think the atmosphere of the forum changed drastically with the long list of things that need to be censored like copulins LP, and any other pheromone company that is not on the OK list. Long time members felt that change and wanted a place where we can talk about whatever subject we wanted. This way we would still be showing respect to the company we loved by not bringing up things they didn't want brought up on their forum but we could share information and experiences on other companies, copulins and such with each other still. They have also instilled a lot of fear in some members with all this crazy shit that should have never been brought up on a open forum. People should not be afraid to speak the truth.

Anywho..........They took our departure as a insult upon them and decided to start mud slinging. Calling anyone who didnt worship at their alter evil and physio paths.

Treating some long time members with disrespect as they did with Diane when she would not hand over her formula to them. Its just not good business and its not something I want to be associated with anymore.

Tisha

It's sad but I agree... It's not the same place anymore at all. I do still post over there but it's a lot less reporting than I did before. Mainly because I use a lot of LP's products and I don't feel I can report on an AD product if I'm wearing cops or Like A Magnet from LP because I'd be excluding things from the report that may well have impact on the results of testing the AD product. I've also found a few fave combo's that I'd love to share but since they include LP products I can't mention them on the board and that sucks.

I feel like I spend my time answering questions from noobs who either haven't read the stickies, or who have gotten some really substandard advice. And it seems to be the same questions that pop up all the time...

Quote: And I think this also implies they're reading PMs. Kind of a disappointment as I expected a little better from them.
Surely that's not news? I thought that was common knowledge... I rarely use the PM's nowadays because mine didn't work for the longest time anyways. The PM's that eventually did go through the censoring process took several days to arrive, many others just "mysteriously disappeared into the ether"
10-17-2009 10:02 AM

Gegogi
Yikes! Cupcakes 'n Bondage

Rep Post

10-17-2009 3:32 PM

Quote:The PM's that eventually did go through the censoring process took several days to arrive, many others just "mysteriously disappeared into the ether"

Hmm, now I know why hardly nobody answers my PMs over yonder. I thought they didn't like me...

Ah don't wanna pickle...just wanna ride mah motosickle! Twisted
10-17-2009 3:32 PM
Xiphoid
Swede as Sugar

Rep Post

10-17-2009 4:15 PM

(10-17-2009 3:32 PM)Gegogi Wrote:  Hmm, now I know why hardly nobody answers my PMs over yonder. I thought they didn't like me...

Somebody doesn't like you (or what's in your PM's ) ;) but I doubt it's the recipient...

It's been going on for months. I asked Steve about it in Aug when my PMs were completely blocked. I got some vague explanation about bugs in the PM system that were "being sorted out" & that my PMs weren't being sensored or monitored, it was apparently "an automated process" not one done by moderators so there was "no need for me to worry about private messages not being private" Rolleyes
10-17-2009 4:15 PM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

10-18-2009 7:02 AM

(10-17-2009 4:15 PM)Xiphoid Wrote:  Somebody doesn't like you (or what's in your PM's ) ;) but I doubt it's the recipient...

It's been going on for months. I asked Steve about it in Aug when my PMs were completely blocked. I got some vague explanation about bugs in the PM system that were "being sorted out" & that my PMs weren't being sensored or monitored, it was apparently "an automated process" not one done by moderators so there was "no need for me to worry about private messages not being private" Rolleyes

Not having been a administrator over at PT I cant say for sure what can be seen but from what I was told from way back when I first started they can not read your PM's in full. However they can program in keywords that will flag your PM's so and they can see those keywords and know what subjects your talking about. I was under moderator status so I could not see any of that including the keywords. I tend to believe this because when I started there I would get some PM's I needed help with and I would ask Steve or Jasmin to help and they would need me to forward the PM to them. I told them they could just pop in and look at them in my box but they said they could not read them this way because they could only see the keywords.

Tisha
10-18-2009 7:02 AM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

10-18-2009 9:24 AM

(10-18-2009 7:02 AM)Tisha Wrote:  Not having been a administrator over at PT I cant say for sure what can be seen but from what I was told from way back when I first started they can not read your PM's in full. However they can program in keywords that will flag your PM's so and they can see those keywords and know what subjects your talking about. I was under moderator status so I could not see any of that including the keywords. I tend to believe this because when I started there I would get some PM's I needed help with and I would ask Steve or Jasmin to help and they would need me to forward the PM to them. I told them they could just pop in and look at them in my box but they said they could not read them this way because they could only see the keywords.

Tisha

I can guarantee that is total bullshit they were feeding you. They can and do read PM's. There isn't an automated system for blocking PM's with certain "code" words. The software comes with the PM admin reading ability built in and you can't even request to get the program without it.

Diane
10-18-2009 9:24 AM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

10-18-2009 10:09 AM

It very well may be bullshit which is why I cant stomach participating at the level I was anymore. Once the trust is gone its hard to feel any comfort level there. Thats the best way I can descibe it. I dont feel comfort there.

Tisha
10-18-2009 10:09 AM

Share This Thread