Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pheromone Phobia
ShadowX114
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 114
Thanks received:
324 thanks in 187 posts

Pheromone Phobia
04-30-2016 10:38 PM

Pheromone phobia…..or should I call it [warning: lame joke ahead]: Ph[er]obia
More specifically, I’m talking about the foul smell that some people can detect.
I noticed that I’m becoming paranoid when I’m wearing pheromones because I’m worried that the person/people I will meet can detect the smell. There were a couple of times that I chose not to wear anything out of “fear”. I think it is due to the fact that I already heard comments. Here are the ones I recall:

Females
- Last summer, wore 1 spray of unscented AM. I went to a Japanese festival with few friends. It was packed with people. When we were squeezing ourselves, one of my female friend was behind me and she said it smells like urine.
- Another female friend of mine is half Vietnamese (I think Asians are more sensitive to the foul smell right?), whenever we hug, I find that she ends the hugs almost right away. Also on one night, I was hugging her with another girl (say group hug) and around 2 seconds later, she turned her head to the other side to be far from my neck.
- A third female friend of mine tells me that I always smell musky but she kept insisting that she likes it and that it’s not a bad thing. She even said that the scent stays in her cloths/coat whenever she sees me (we sometimes cuddle and/or have long hugs)
- A fourth female friend: I wearing Captain and AOA in Cold water. She was sitting on my right at the restaurant but I felt she was trying to be as far as she can. Another night, we were in the car with my male friend. I made them smell AM in Black Spice by telling them I’d like their opinion about my cologne. My male friend said it smells really good. As for her, she simply smiled and said yea. Not sure if the smile was due to the bottle (reading Alpha Maschio) or because she could smell urine/sweat but didn’t want to say anything about it.

Males:
- I also wrote the story on my journal of a male friend who was in my car. As soon as I opened my window, he said it smelled like cat urine (I was wearing Bliss with a cover). And few hours later, I caught him looking at his friend, who was sitting in the back, with a disgusted face.
- Another male friend, who never said anything. However, as soon as I sit next to him at the coffee shop, I find him wiggling his nose with his index finger at the beginning. Happened twice. That same friend though, I made him smell AM Black Spice too. But I was specific with him. I asked him if it smells like urine or like regular cologne. He said like a cologne but that, he doesn't like it and he wouldn’t wear it.

I have 3 more examples but you got the point. So when I experience similar examples, I realize that I’d rather not wear pheromones than people thinking that I always smell sweat/urine. What are your thoughts about this? Do you share the same concern?

Journal ->: HERE

Current Stash

Alpha Dream: Glace
Androtics: TAC (20mcg), P83 (20mcg), P96 (20mcg), P97 (20mcg)
Apex: M3X
LAL: BW, Max T, Wolf
Pheromone XS: Cohesion, Connections
Love Potion: 40 samples
04-30-2016 10:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by metaltree

lone ranger
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 377
Thanks received:
62 thanks in 45 posts

RE: Pheromone Phobia
04-30-2016 11:56 PM

I think the biggest question is whether mones effects do outweighs the disadvantage not? If the bad scent from the mone enable me to close the deal with the gal I fancy. Why not?

Probably a good cover scent can solve the issue of bad smell from mone.
04-30-2016 11:56 PM
Jimmy42
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 27
Thanks received:
103 thanks in 50 posts

05-01-2016 12:11 AM

Yeah I can smell mones very well and cops....wow. Heavy Androstenone and cops have a very strong odor to those that can detect it easily. Heavy cover scent is your friend and if your still in doubt Carry a small sprayer of cover scent out with you....I find this handles most situations.
05-01-2016 12:11 AM
leon333
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 65
Thanks received:
503 thanks in 253 posts

05-01-2016 1:42 AM

yeah that's the downside of wearing mones..these days i only wear mild-medium concentration mones with light Androstenone products like Turn Up The Heat,diluted New Pheromone Additive 1:7 ratio,posses,nude and wolf.not too heavy on mones but very effective.too many BO and piss reactions with heavy hitters
05-01-2016 1:42 AM
kalpan56

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 804
Thanks received:
1249 thanks in 530 posts

05-01-2016 1:51 AM

Use a high end perfume. I had the same problem. Now , I use a perfume. It works pretty well. Keep the perfume around if you are going to stay longer.

Your problem is similar to sweating. You just keep deodorant for that. Similar, you keep a scent for mones. There is forum thread frag collection. You can find good recommendation there.

Thanks.
05-01-2016 1:51 AM

jb20
Serious Poster

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 360
Thanks received:
336 thanks in 243 posts

05-01-2016 2:04 AM

Use a strong cover.I remember the time I wore heavy none product with 1 light perfume,an Asian lady made a really disgusting face.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2016 2:07 AM by jb20.)
05-01-2016 2:04 AM
Blade
Pheromone Hero

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 215
Thanks received:
667 thanks in 310 posts

05-01-2016 5:06 AM

I've had to stop wearing Ascend oil with cops because I was getting too many negative comments on the smell which is a huge shame because it's an awesome product.

If you want a scent that covers pretty much anything then F21 from androtics is the best out of all the scents I've tried even at 6%.
05-01-2016 5:06 AM
Spider-mone
Stalker Dummy

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 606
Thanks received:
1706 thanks in 671 posts

05-01-2016 9:40 AM

Could this be part of the problem when people report inconsistencies with certain products? One day the product might work well because the people you're interacting with can't detect the urine smell and another day the product doesn't seem to be working because the people you're interacting with can detect a urine smell so they become standoff-ish as a lot of people won't be vocal about smelling urine.

Correct a fool and he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you
05-01-2016 9:40 AM
MMM

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 4355
Thanks received:
2367 thanks in 1125 posts

05-01-2016 9:58 AM

Curious to know if you remember your application points for AM, Shadow? popcorn

I am MORE than a sausage with feet, but you, Miss, since you're sexy, you can treat me as such if you want! ALL NIGHT LONG!! Preved
05-01-2016 9:58 AM

Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1991
Thanks received:
2377 thanks in 1328 posts

05-01-2016 10:28 AM

(05-01-2016 9:40 AM)Spider-mone Wrote:  Could this be part of the problem when people report inconsistencies with certain products? One day the product might work well because the people you're interacting with can't detect the urine smell and another day the product doesn't seem to be working because the people you're interacting with can detect a urine smell so they become standoff-ish as a lot of people won't be vocal about smelling urine.

I wouldn't count standoffish behavior as an inconsistency per se - at least then it's doing something. As long as the product is consistently polarizing, it's still a consistent product in some sense. Laugh1

I can't speak for others, but in my case, when I speak of inconsistencies I'm referring to no reactions outside of the norm one day and great results the next. Negative results might simply mean an OD (different targets, higher test that day, buildup, weather conditions, etc.) or a product that's polarizing in itself and may require some form of buffering. This is easier to tune into and discover what's wrong as opposed to a product that only works on occasion.

The latter scenario is a formulation error, I believe. No other explanation makes any amount of sense to me, least of all the diffusion argument. I've always considered that aspect, so I never wear mones completely unscented. The same problems arise here.
05-01-2016 10:28 AM
Thanks given by Spider-mone

Share This Thread