Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pheromone Phobia
NP17
Minor deity

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 551
Thanks received:
1091 thanks in 544 posts

RE: Pheromone Phobia
05-01-2016 10:31 AM

Those are all very strong reactions, man. I've gotten comments but never outright disgust like that. Make sure you put witch hazel on your application points and scrub really well with either soap and warm water or pore-clearing facial scrub. Also, take a shower every day and wear deodorant. Maybe apply deodorant twice a day. Unscented AM I can understand, but Bliss with a cover??? Scratch_one-s_head Are you spraying mones in your car or on your clothes?

Sun bespectacled
05-01-2016 10:31 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1991
Thanks received:
2377 thanks in 1328 posts

05-01-2016 10:46 AM

I've only ever gotten reactions like that with NA oil. Oddly enough, I've had no comments from the gel so far. Different sources of -none seem to offer different degrees of unpleasantness. Many are controlled enough not to cause any negative reactions due to the scent.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2016 10:46 AM by Ekscentra.)
05-01-2016 10:46 AM
DarkLord1
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 531
Thanks received:
1641 thanks in 515 posts

05-01-2016 10:56 AM

I have received reactions like the ones you mentioned...Typically it is when I wear pheromones for multiple days in a row....Even cleaning my app points, I think my scent just comes across as much stronger than normal....I've had women say they hate it and other women right next to them say they love it....

When I took a couple week off from wearing pheromones....I got a stronger reaction than when I wear it daily and no one said I smell.

I have heard about the cat urine smell, etc...And will say that our cats have Pee'd and pooped in my hamper before.
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2016 10:56 AM by DarkLord1.)
05-01-2016 10:56 AM

stefdude

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 596
Thanks received:
625 thanks in 363 posts

05-01-2016 12:51 PM

If you didn't have the kind of reactions described by Shadow then you don't have many close friends that would tell you or they are too polite to tell.About 1/4 can smell the urine but the intensity of the smell varies.Somewhere between 1/6-1/8 can smell the urine/sweat very intensely, it can bleed through any cover.Cover is for the rest who can weakly smell it, for those it covers it but for the rest it's just urine+cologne.It can make me paranoid too and I will think twice before I put PXS products for example.

I put them with a strong cover and I know that statistically out of 6 people 1 could smell it intensely, but due to the nature of the situation he/she will share it with a friend who, statistically, won't confirm it.Most people are seriously going to doubt their own noses and minds in the end.If you catch any strange behaviour try to hug or be close with their friends for a few moments.If you smell THAT bad then how her friend couldn't smell nothing other than a nice cologne when you hugged her? Mrgreen
I agree it's the biggest reason not to put mones and I think one of the main reasons they don't put them on regular commercial products.So it has its good side too.

Edit:Also I found that parents/kids/siblings of those that detect them are no more likely than random people to detect them too.Small sample but that's my experience.

They've done studies you know...60% of the time, it works every time
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2016 12:54 PM by stefdude.)
05-01-2016 12:51 PM
Thanks given by renny, TheBoogieMan
renny
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 693
Thanks received:
713 thanks in 311 posts

05-01-2016 12:59 PM

I've found that strong reactions run about 50/50 positive/negative. For every time I've had someone comment negatively I've had at least one strong positive comment on the same product. I've even had the same person react strongly both ways on different occasions to the same product. I have read stories from pheromone users who actually moved apartments or paid huge cleaning bills because they became so paranoid that their pheromone use smelled bad.

I figure I wear pheromones to get strong reactions, sometimes they aren't going to be reactions I like. C'est la vie.

The Androstenone Discussion
05-01-2016 12:59 PM
Thanks given by TheBoogieMan
Spider-mone
Stalker Dummy

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 606
Thanks received:
1706 thanks in 671 posts

05-02-2016 10:33 AM

(05-01-2016 10:56 AM)DarkLord1 Wrote:  I have heard about the cat urine smell, etc...And will say that our cats have Pee'd and pooped in my hamper before.

I'm not sure this helps your case as people will still wonder why you decided to wear a shirt that smells like urine!

So, if androstenone smells like cat urine to people that can detect it, what would other mones smell like? Do they all smell like cat urine?

would androsterone smell like urine also?
androstadienone?
androstenol? ... would smell like B.O?
DHEAS?

since androstenone would require a cover scent, are there more safer mones you can get away with with a light cover as i'm not a big fan of showering myself in cologne.

Correct a fool and he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you
05-02-2016 10:33 AM
stefdude

Rep Post

Thanks received:
625 thanks in 363 posts

05-02-2016 11:07 AM

Androstadienone smells like some bad chemical, like pharmacy to my mom.It's not smelling good at all, but no urine.I also think androsterone smells like urine too.

05-02-2016 11:07 AM

Ekscentra

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1991
Thanks received:
2377 thanks in 1328 posts

05-02-2016 11:28 AM

Androsterone and androstenone are sweet, musky scents to me. It's hard to describe the differences between the two as I haven't done a proper side-by-side comparison at this point. Androsterone may be a touch lighter.
05-02-2016 11:28 AM
NP17
Minor deity

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 551
Thanks received:
1091 thanks in 544 posts

05-02-2016 11:40 AM

(05-01-2016 12:51 PM)stefdude Wrote:  If you didn't have the kind of reactions described by Shadow then you don't have many close friends that would tell you or they are too polite to tell.About 1/4 can smell the urine but the intensity of the smell varies.Somewhere between 1/6-1/8 can smell the urine/sweat very intensely, it can bleed through any cover.Cover is for the rest who can weakly smell it, for those it covers it but for the rest it's just urine+cologne.It can make me paranoid too and I will think twice before I put PXS products for example.

Sometimes a light cover will not cover the scent properly. Not all covers are created equally. Ralph Lauren Polo Blue for example, I can still smell the None through the cover. Paco Rabanne's One Million, however, can cover anything for 8+ hours.

Quote:I put them with a strong cover and I know that statistically out of 6 people 1 could smell it intensely

Source for these "statistics", please? I've only seen estimations for this breakdown. "Statistically" 97% of people will not tell you outright that you smell horrible, so estimations are incredibly imprecise.

Quote:, but due to the nature of the situation he/she will share it with a friend who, statistically, won't confirm it.Most people are seriously going to doubt their own noses and minds in the end.If you catch any strange behaviour try to hug or be close with their friends for a few moments.If you smell THAT bad then how her friend couldn't smell nothing other than a nice cologne when you hugged her? Mrgreen
I agree it's the biggest reason not to put mones and I think one of the main reasons they don't put them on regular commercial products.So it has its good side too.

Edit:Also I found that parents/kids/siblings of those that detect them are no more likely than random people to detect them too.Small sample but that's my experience.

(05-02-2016 11:07 AM)stefdude Wrote:  Androstadienone smells like some bad chemical, like pharmacy to my mom.It's not smelling good at all, but no urine.I also think androsterone smells like urine too.

Androsterone smells like urine? I've never heard that, and I've never myself gotten any comments on an Androsterone mix or heard any reports about this. Some people that are super mone smellers can detect it, but they report that it has a "human" smell and is not a negative. You just smell strong, and they're used to it because they can smell everyone like that.

I've only gotten reactions from Androstenone mixes, and a strong cover scent and cleaning my app points has eliminated this for me. People smelling mones through a strong cover and telling all their friends who now think you stink even though they can't smell it and even Androsterone smelling like urine, it's all getting pretty far-fetched.

Sun bespectacled
05-02-2016 11:40 AM
Thanks given by Spider-mone, Ekscentra, TheBoogieMan
stefdude

Rep Post

Thanks received:
625 thanks in 363 posts

05-02-2016 12:47 PM

It's my own experience that it's between 1/6-1/8 the people who can smell intensely urine/sweat.I've only estimated people who I trust, friends and family mainly.I always start with "I found an old perfume sample that was exposed to the sun forever, do you think it smells kinda weird?".I believe I'm quite accurate in that.
For the 1/4 statistic there are a couple of studies on the matter, you can easily find.

As for strong colognes:I'm lucky to have 2 people (my father and a good friend) that can smell intenesly the urine/sweat smell, it bleeds through a strong cologne too, but I've never used One Million so I can't say this is 100% true but you can:Find someone who can intensely smell the smell and put One Million on a spot near app point.To be realistic use a normal dose of a sexual, or partly sexual product.

I'm not sure about androsterone but I think its scent might be a weaker androstenone.My father says Corpo smells very bad (I know it has androstenone too), he also detected it in Core too.

(05-02-2016 11:40 AM)NP17 Wrote:  People smelling mones through a strong cover and telling all their friends who now think you stink even though they can't smell it and even Androsterone smelling like urine, it's all getting pretty far-fetched.

When you say eliminated, did you ask people you trust and said you don't smell bad anymore?Or one day they said it and the other they didn't?Forget about androsterone, androstenone alone is enough to be a problem, try with someone you trust and please report back.I really hope you are right because to me it really seems like an unsolvable problem.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2016 12:51 PM by stefdude.)
05-02-2016 12:47 PM

Share This Thread