Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

PheroTruth Censorship
Pheroman
ManSLut

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 4823
Thanks received:
3963 thanks in 1472 posts

RE: PheroTruth Censorship
09-02-2011 7:11 AM

(09-02-2011 4:08 AM)Ail ~ Love Potion Wrote:  [color=#9400D3]I will NOT have people attacking me or any member from LPMP for that matter, and anybody who does NOT want to read facts that I will NEVER sugar-coat, does not need to come over here at all.. The gentleman who was asking the question about men using copulins, was spinning his wheels, because he was having his head filled with a load of rubbish BY other male users, and it was time to put that record straight.

Oh come on, I dont want to escalate this but what your posted was your opinion without any facts or scientific basis to back any of it up whatsoever.
And although i cant take any moral high ground your post was personal and bitchy.
Actually it wasnt even a post, just a link to a whinge.
As for dbot, well he is guilty of replying in the same tone and he could've done better.

(09-02-2011 4:08 AM)Ail ~ Love Potion Wrote:  [color=#9400D3]I deleted the thread over there because some of your members ATTACKED me for NO reason, and that was not on.
From my POV you deleted the thread because you couldnt handle the discussion.
Wanna debate copulins? Obviously not.
I for one challenge you viewpoint for which you dont seem to have many facts to back up other than you dont like "mansluts". Ok your opinion, but not fact unless you can show why believe its fact.
And since your not male to start with its a moot point.
If you cant handle the heat, dont go in the kitchen. Stay in your own little controlled vendor forum.

And still after all that, i dont think any of all this is that much of a big deal at all anyway.
Everyone has there own opinion. There are more important things to deal with for all of us.

You may be better off wearing nutella, maybe some chick might want to lick it off
My journal http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-PheroMan
My product list http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-...8#pid36108
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2011 7:14 AM by Pheroman.)
09-02-2011 7:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by dbot, ohhmygod, Pagodeiro, JohnnyHard, JesseJester
dbot
Street Psychologist

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1955
Thanks received:
2044 thanks in 814 posts

09-02-2011 7:15 AM

Ail feels she was attacked because she is an unreasonable person. I read the thread she deleted in full, and can assure you that she was never attacked in that thread either.

This entire issue is stupid. There's no reason to keep closing threads. It's a forum, so let people talk. And there's no goddamn reason why anyone shouldn't be able to repost a relevant conversation, admin or not.

Mark and Beccah, I get that you both love LP and don't want them to look bad, but labeling a direct quote as somehow abusive is just fucking senseless. You've both been exceedingly rude and condescending throughout this matter and I'm finished with you.
09-02-2011 7:15 AM
Thanks given by ohhmygod, Pheroquirk
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks received:
2044 thanks in 814 posts

09-02-2011 7:34 AM

Oh, and Ail, you're a liar. As of last night you had not apologized for anything. I see now that you've gone back and edited your response to mengster to offer an apology of striking depth and conviction. I'm sure mengster will recall the former absence of that apology as well.
Thanks given by ohhmygod

Beccah
Queen of the Bs

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
287 thanks in 362 posts

You know what, nobody's backing Ail or trying to protect her! How about this? Why don't you explain to members why you didn't simply go to the back up logs & restore the thread Ail deleted if you're so concerned about her "censoring" them in her action of deleting it?
Also, I can play the copy/paste game too:

[quote name='Potion Master' date='Sep 1 2011, 11:48 AM' post='154978']
I have to agree with dbot. I find this entire interchange appalling.

I will remind everyone here that this is not a public forum, it's a private one, and everyone who comes here is to behave as if they are an invited guest in my home.

If anyone has information to share - it's to be shared in a calm and intelligent manner - as I know you all to be intelligent people - not simply in rants and raves and viciousness that could do nothing other than inspire a flame war.

Ail, you were not attacked. You were counter-attacked. You were hit back after an unprovoked attack on a group of people who did not invite the discussion in the first place. Your post to them was shockingly insulting.

I'm sorry, I love you, but you started the discord, and in my opinion you owe them an apology.
[/quote]

My response to your claim to having not read it in time to add to your flame thread:
Quote:Your civility is appreciated, Mara. Cheers.
Quote:Yesterday, 12:09 PM

Ok everybody, do you think we would've tolerated Ail posting a diatribe directly on her boards that comes off as entirely man-bashing? It wasn't tolerated out of TFranks, when he was posting woman bashing material. So then why should we even tolerate a re-post of material that comes off so derisively to the male gender? Dbot is well liked & gives shares TONS of useful info with this forum, why even lower himself to sharing this muck? K, well it's about censorship then? I guess a man has to have his principles
However the connotation associated with censoring material is that it is being repressed, we are NOT repressing a damn thing! The material is easily accessible to the public. I even went to the trouble asking Mara to make it accessible to everybody without registering over there! So how exactly am I "censoring". & FYI: I'm going to ask Mark to restore Ail's original thread here, the one causing this maelstrom.
Thanks given by Mustang
mengster
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 675
Thanks received:
368 thanks in 164 posts

09-02-2011 7:48 AM

There are a lot of things i want to say but i won't, except for this - Let's just stop.

Ail, Beccah, Dbot, Mark (in alphabetical order) and others have their points and this discussion will never end until someone quits the forum, which no one wants. So please, let's give this a few days to cool down and move along to more interesting topics.
09-02-2011 7:48 AM
Thanks given by Rattlesnake, ohhmygod, kmacc45, Gslinger, paradigmshift, Beccah
SeriousSmile
Banned for Violations

Thanks Given: 1831
Thanks received:
567 thanks in 220 posts

09-02-2011 8:49 AM

You know what is disgusting? the matter of the fact that this was made into such a big deal by the admins. 2 days of garbage to be honest. This is not the forums I hoped it would be. I don't know but there seems to be more taking action without thinking than anything. I read every post concerning this and I fail to see what was done wrong at all. All I see is some vendor receiving special attention. This is all bullshit

SS
09-02-2011 8:49 AM
Thanks given by dbot, JohnnyHard, ohhmygod, txi0m
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1824
Thanks received:
4769 thanks in 1971 posts

09-02-2011 8:59 AM

OK, now that everybody's had a chance to share their opinions and vent, let's see if we can't put some closure to this whole thing. I'll start by addressing a few questions that have been asked.

(09-02-2011 1:18 AM)Rattlesnake Wrote:  Such a shame it came to this. I can't help but feel that if this had been a Paradise7 or AD thread it would have ended very differently indeed...seems like there is a bit of a sweet spot for love potion.

I could care less about what anything any of you want to say about a company, but when it comes to people it is entirely different. You weren't here when we first started this forum so you'll not remember that when we started Oooyaaah was also an administrator. He bashed Androtics relentlessly, as did Diane. However, he crossed the line by posting an extremly insulting and defamatory post aimed directly at Jasmine and Michael.

I immediately posted behind him to come to thier defense, stating that his opinions were his and his alone, and they were WRONG! Tisha then wrongly deleted both posts. But, Oooyaaah ended up being dropped as an administrator for his actions. I will admit that that was not the entire reason we got rid of him: he had 2 agenda's here, 1 was to slander and defame Androtics, Jasmine and Michael as much as he possibly could, and the second was to turn the forum into a commercial business.

As to my thread "My Rebuttal to Diane's Accusations" I did NOT copy and paste her thread into mine. I simply addressed each of the accusations she made, and tried to set the record straight.

2. We do not have a sweet spot for Love Potion, or any other vendor for that matter. If that thread had been posted on pherotalk we would have stayed the same course of action.

3. I agree that links to any site that requires you to register to be able to read it should not be allowed, and if I had the opportunity to view the thread before Ail deleted it I would have DELETED the link and stated it was deleted because it could not be viewed without registration.

(09-02-2011 6:13 AM)idontknow Wrote:  dbot and Ail both got their points. Ail should have talked to an admin before deleting the whole thread and dbot, being a moderator, should have shown a more deescalating attitude.

Ail deleting her rant and dbots comments is no censorship, it is forum cleanup, IMO.

In reponse to idontknow, I completely agree with what he said in the first paragraph and appreciate that at least somebody understands our point of view. But, I do disagree with the second. Ail deleting the thread, after it had received replies was in the wrong and it was censorship, which should have never happened.

We have now removed the ability for any member to delete their own posts. It sucks that we had to resort to that, but if an opening post is deleted it wipes out the entire thread, so to prevent members from deleting anything containing replies that they didn't like, we had to completly remove the ability to delete any post. If a member now posts something they end up regretting, they can do the honorable thing and edit the post to state a retraction, rather than just wiping out an entire conversation.

(09-02-2011 7:11 AM)Pheroman Wrote:  Oh come on, I dont want to escalate this but what your posted was your opinion without any facts or scientific basis to back any of it up whatsoever.
And although i cant take any moral high ground your post was personal and bitchy.
Actually it wasnt even a post, just a link to a whinge.

As for dbot, well he is guilty of replying in the same tone and he could've done better.

Again I did not see the thread, but from what I've gathered about the whole situation, that sounds about right.

This entire situation went far further than it ever should have. We ask members to refraim from attacking other members or acting abusively toward them, and I believe that every one of you should be able to expect that on this forum. Administrators should not only abide by forum policies, but actually set an example for their members. That did not happen yesterday.

dbot went beyond just attacking another member though. After he reposted what Ail chose to delete and we asked him to edit his posts, he not only refused but went directly against an admin majority decision and restored a thread that we had closed. And, after reopening the thread he proceeded to attack Beccah and I .

As to us acting rude and condesending, it was exactly the opposite. We tried to reason with dbot repeatedly and he flat out refused to acknowledge our explanation, ad kept asking the same question over and over, which we had already answered several times.

The entire reason we have 3 administrators is to insure that no single person can make decisions on their own and that anything have to do with the forum or its members is discussed and decided on by 3 people. This at least helps to insure that no decision is made based on someones personal feelings or vendetta.

A decision was agreed upon by 2 of the 3 admins, yet the thrid basically said fuck your decision, I am going to ignore it and do what I want. At that point we weren't left with much of a choice. If we did not remove dbot as an admin, and each of us could do whatever we wanted, without discussion, then what the purpose of having more than one administrator?

And I'll wrap this up by agreeing with another post

(09-02-2011 7:48 AM)mengster Wrote:  There are a lot of things i want to say but i won't, except for this - Let's just stop.

Ail, Beccah, Dbot, Mark (in alphabetical order) and others have their points and this discussion will never end until someone quits the forum, which no one wants. So please, let's give this a few days to cool down and move along to more interesting topics.

With dbot and Beccah's permission, I would be happy to post the entire private discussion that took place between the three of us concerning this situation for all to see.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
09-02-2011 8:59 AM
Thanks given by txi0m

NewAlpha
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 520
Thanks received:
343 thanks in 142 posts

09-02-2011 9:21 AM

(09-02-2011 8:59 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  With dbot and Beccah's permission, I would be happy to post the entire private discussion that took place between the three of us concerning this situation for all to see.

Mark, I got the impression that most members (maybe excluding the admins) do NOT want to hear about this story anymore...
09-02-2011 9:21 AM
Thanks given by Pagodeiro, ohhmygod
Tfrankz
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks received:
47 thanks in 21 posts

09-02-2011 9:28 AM

What the fuck???? Never told a dam thing. What a bunch of shit.
09-02-2011 9:28 AM
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks received:
2044 thanks in 814 posts

09-02-2011 9:51 AM

So the outcome is that this forum's admins have decided that quoting other people's idiocy is abusive. That's some silly shit.

I went against the majority opinion because that opinion was rubbish, and I'm happy to not be a member of a group that holds it.

Be careful what you quote, folks. It's against the rules now.
09-02-2011 9:51 AM
Thanks given by ohhmygod

Share This Thread