Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

PheroTruth Censorship
dbot
Street Psychologist

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1955
Thanks received:
2044 thanks in 814 posts

RE: PheroTruth Censorship
09-02-2011 12:33 AM

I quoted the whole conversation because, as I said, I don't want to have a conversation at LP. I want to have a conversation here. That's why I'm a member here. I imagine that's why we're all members here.

So when she deleted the thread that she started here, I started a new one because I had every right to. I didn't "drudge up" anything. It's odd that you are now saying you haven't read the thread that you are wanting to censor. I can't imagine why not. Go read it. It's not offensive. She says some rambling bullshit, but I don't care about her. Look after that. Good conversation results, at least some of it. It's a forum, man, it's here for talking. I still really don't get what the problem is, other than you guys trying to protect LP's image for some reason.
09-02-2011 12:33 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1824
Thanks received:
4769 thanks in 1971 posts

09-02-2011 12:50 AM

Tell you what, lets end this right now, forget that Beccah and I are offended, forget that you ignored a majority admin request, lets just ask Ail if she was offended by by what you did.

After all, this is the member that we're saying WE belived you abused, right?

If Ail says she was ok with what you did and did not feel you were trying to beat her up, then I will apologize and get Beccash to do so as well, we'll reinstate you as an admin, open the thread that was closed, and beg for your forgiveness.

On the other hand, if Ail feels it was an attack on her, then everything remains as is, and this discussion is over, fair enugh?

I'm allegeing that you were abusive and offensive toward her, you're saying you weren't , who better to tell us how they feel?

So, what say you Ail?

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
09-02-2011 12:50 AM
dbot
Street Psychologist

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1955
Thanks received:
2044 thanks in 814 posts

09-02-2011 12:59 AM

I don't care how Ail feels. I've never cared how Ail feels.

Do whatever you're gonna do. It's your forum.
09-02-2011 12:59 AM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Thanks Given: 1824
Thanks received:
4769 thanks in 1971 posts

09-02-2011 1:00 AM

I guess that said it all!

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
09-02-2011 1:00 AM
Rattlesnake
Serious Poster

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1331
Thanks received:
788 thanks in 328 posts

09-02-2011 1:18 AM

Such a shame it came to this. I can't help but feel that if this had been a Paradise7 or AD thread it would have ended very differently indeed...seems like there is a bit of a sweet spot for love potion.

Anyhow, I'm inclined to agree with dbot on this matter, I honestly don't see his actions as malicious (if they were then Beccah and Mark would in the right) but there was no vindictiveness as far as I could see. We should be able to discuss the subject matter of Ails post regardless of whether she wanted us to or not, if she didn't want us to because the flow went against her she shouldn't have posted the message in the first place.

I hope you guys find an amicable way of resolving this, the three of you made a great team.
09-02-2011 1:18 AM
Thanks given by ohhmygod, idontknow, Pagodeiro, txi0m, dbot, JohnnyHard, Mustang, Pheroquirk

Unregistered

Thanks Given:
Thanks received:
thanks in 44 posts

09-02-2011 4:08 AM

Yes of course I felt that it was an attack, and I also felt that it was extremely childish..I had already made it perfectly clear over at LPMP that the reason for me deleting my own thread at Pherotruth in the first place, had nothing whatsoever to do with censorship, on any level. It was about me being attacked.

I will in fact copy and paste from my thread at LPMP, which clearly states that I chose to delete the thread because I was being attacked, and I will not put up with that. For those who have not even read my thread my thread at LPMP, this in purple below is exactly what I said to Dbot yesterday..

I will NOT have people attacking me or any member from LPMP for that matter, and anybody who does NOT want to read facts that I will NEVER sugar-coat, does not need to come over here at all.. The gentleman who was asking the question about men using copulins, was spinning his wheels, because he was having his head filled with a load of rubbish BY other male users, and it was time to put that record straight.

I am aware you are an Admin over at Pherotruth, and you are no doubt fully aware that I am an Admin HERE, so if I had ANY interest in merely censoring what was said there, simply because i didn't AGREE with it, then surely it would follow that I would have subsequently ALSO deleted your post in THIS Thread, Dbot? But of course, I did not..It was not ABOUT censorship..I deleted the thread over there because some of your members ATTACKED me for NO reason, and that was not on.

So I will reiterate that if it was to do with censorship in any way, or simply because I just didn't LIKE what was being said, then why on earth didn't I also delete every one of the posts Dbot made in my LPMP thread? I'm an Admin there, and could have done that quite easily, but I didn't - because it was not about censorship. It was about me being attacked..

Then that was continued after he took it upon himself to post his thread about his conversation with me at LPMP over here..To me that definitely felt like an attempt to reverse spin-doctor the whole situation, and to unnecessarily stir the pot and try to rile people up..Especially since the thread over here was made after AND despite the fact that I had already apologised over at LPMP for it appearing that I had counter-attacked the gentlemen from Pherotruth, in my LPMP thread..

Blessings

Ail )O(
09-02-2011 4:08 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by idontknow, Mustang
ohhmygod
Hey Angel U Duh Sexy!

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 837
Thanks received:
520 thanks in 260 posts

09-02-2011 5:10 AM

(09-02-2011 4:08 AM)Ail ~ Love Potion Wrote:  Yes of course I felt that it was an attack, and I also felt that it was extremely childish..I had already made it perfectly clear over at LPMP that the reason for me deleting my own thread at Pherotruth in the first place, had nothing whatsoever to do with censorship, on any level. It was about me being attacked.

I will in fact copy and paste from my thread at LPMP, which clearly states that I chose to delete the thread because I was being attacked, and I will not put up with that. For those who have not even read my thread my thread at LPMP, this in purple below is exactly what I said to Dbot yesterday..

I will NOT have people attacking me or any member from LPMP for that matter, and anybody who does NOT want to read facts that I will NEVER sugar-coat, does not need to come over here at all.. The gentleman who was asking the question about men using copulins, was spinning his wheels, because he was having his head filled with a load of rubbish BY other male users, and it was time to put that record straight.

I am aware you are an Admin over at Pherotruth, and you are no doubt fully aware that I am an Admin HERE, so if I had ANY interest in merely censoring what was said there, simply because i didn't AGREE with it, then surely it would follow that I would have subsequently ALSO deleted your post in THIS Thread, Dbot? But of course, I did not..It was not ABOUT censorship..I deleted the thread over there because some of your members ATTACKED me for NO reason, and that was not on.

So I will reiterate that if it was to do with censorship in any way, or simply because I just didn't LIKE what was being said, then why on earth didn't I also delete every one of the posts Dbot made in my LPMP thread? I'm an Admin there, and could have done that quite easily, but I didn't - because it was not about censorship. It was about me being attacked..

Then that was continued after he took it upon himself to post his thread about his conversation with me at LPMP over here..To me that definitely felt like an attempt to reverse spin-doctor the whole situation, and to unnecessarily stir the pot and try to rile people up..Especially since the thread over here was made after AND despite the fact that I had already apologised over at LPMP for it appearing that I had counter-attacked the gentlemen from Pherotruth, in my LPMP thread..

Blessings

Ail )O(

All I have to say is, why take things on the internet seriously ? =) Because without hearing the actual voice/tone, u will not know if ur being attacked or not. After all, ur talking to a screen, and if u get attacked, it is by your own monitor.

I have no hard-feelings towards you, but please dont TYPE LIKE THIS. Thank you Good

[Image: 2d3nzo.png]

MY JOURNAL
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-A-Kangaroo-...n=lastpost
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2011 5:12 AM by ohhmygod.)
09-02-2011 5:10 AM
Thanks given by Rattlesnake, Pagodeiro, Fly So Hi, JohnnyHard
txi0m
American PUA, Japanese Targets

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 209
Thanks received:
435 thanks in 132 posts

09-02-2011 5:32 AM

In comparison to those more closely involved, I barely have anything to say on the matter. I don't have any personal vendettas or anything of the sort (I should emphasize here that I am NOT implying that others do), just merely stating how I feel as an occasionally posting member.

If someone is to cross post on a forum, either copy and paste the information here OR do what is most logical and make the linked thread visible to non-registered members.

It's not a personal attack on anyone, it's just a firm belief that if someone really wants someone else to see something, you need to make it easily accessible. Sorry, I don't have an extra 5-10 minutes to register on a forum I will likely neglect. Call me stingy, but I'm a busy guy. I work 30+ hours a week, go to school full time, and have an active social life. Every minute counts and I choose how I spend my time wisely.

But back to linking to "registered only" content... When I see things like that happen, I feel there is a business related motive behind it and am more reluctant to register than before. But if the linked information is open and freely visible, it doesn't take much time to check out. And hey, if I find it interesting or have conflicting views, then that itself could be my reason to register. But I'm not going to register for some trivial information hiding behind a wall.

I see where everyone is coming from regarding the dispute of how dbot behaved, but in my humble opinion, if Ail had remorse over cross posting that link, she should have opted to edit her post instead of deleting the thread. Then there is no question as to what her official feelings are on the matter. It doesn't leave people guessing, and it probably would have stopped this situation from getting so ugly.

My last opinion to share is while I believe it's fair for normal members to delete the threads they make (some may want to delete their thread because it made them look stupid), I don't think it's fair to give vendors the same right. I feel this way because vendors have commercial interest. They should know that what they say and do has consequence, and I feel it is fair for them to have to face up to the consequences... Both good and bad. I am NOT saying they shouldn't be able to edit their posts. To me, an edited post allows for a clear explanation of why something is removed instead of a feeling of "whoops, hope you didn't see that.. heh..". Because that is usually what I think when a thread gets deleted, especially on a forum that claims to be uncensored.

And that's another thing-- editing the post makes it clear who did the censorship. But please don't get me wrong. I'm not so much questioning PheroTruth's censorship policy. What I'm trying to do is show a way that current policies can be maintained without me (or anyone else) second guessing the forum's integrity.

Keep in mind I do not side with mark, dbot, beccah or ail. I can see where each is coming from. This are just my natural opinions as an experienced internet user and forum go-er. I truly wish success for both Pherotruth and Love Potion's forums, but this was handled bad by more than one person and in more than one place.

I don't always use pheromone colognes, but when I do... I prefer Dos Equis.

My Arsenal (favs = ☆):
L-S: A7 (s), AE, C7 (s), LT☆, NPA☆, TE Trust, SoE☆ (s/un)

TP: TA☆, TChar, TComm, TI☆, TJ, TL☆, TO, TR☆, TT, XXX (spr)

A-Dream: AM, Certo, Glace

Out of Commission:
AD: IG, IH, IO, IS
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2011 5:41 AM by txi0m.)
09-02-2011 5:32 AM
Thanks given by Rattlesnake, Pagodeiro, Gslinger, fuzzcat, Pheroquirk, baant
idontknow
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3815
Thanks received:
2302 thanks in 674 posts

09-02-2011 6:13 AM

dbot and Ail both got their points. Ail should have talked to an admin before deleting the whole thread and dbot, being a moderator, should have shown a more deescalating attitude.

Ail deleting her rant and dbots comments is no censorship, it is forum cleanup, IMO.

Journal --- Spring Sale --- Work, First-Date, Club mixes
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2011 6:14 AM by idontknow.)
09-02-2011 6:13 AM

NewAlpha
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 520
Thanks received:
343 thanks in 142 posts

09-02-2011 6:36 AM

Actually, this thread should be closed. Everything has been said on this matter.There is no useful debate here and that would be a normal adminstrative task. Dbot, as a normal member,will have now more time to share with us his wonderful ideas.
09-02-2011 6:36 AM

Share This Thread