Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Peeking Into The Perfumerie
thundr
Vendor

Sex: Male

Peeking Into The Perfumerie
11-01-2012 4:29 PM

In my quest to discover a truly unique scent I took some advice of very valued PT friends and previous LP customers. My thanks to you all for the insight and advice. You know who you are. Onward.

In my efforts to amalgamate some olfactory diversification into my existing natural smell, I decided to buy not one.. but 2 scent sample packs from them. Go big or don't go at all. During the span of this thread I will be blitz testing a nice sized chunk of their male oriented scent packages. My opinions may change over time, much akin to how these scents seem to morph when applied to my skin. Also take note that these scents are very much personal chem dependent and what works for one may not work for all.

Shipping was fast. I was happy at how quick these made it to my door even despite a small hurricane delay. Very pleased with how the packages arrived.. neatly wrapped, no leakage, and the sample vials are huge. I have officially cornered the market on scent diversity for a good while. The labels on the vials are very creative and colorful. I ordered 20, got 2 free from being a PT member, plus 4 more tiny samples all for 59 bucks. Good deal!

To begin I will take inventory of my purchases and what this thread will be about for awhile:

Watson, Voracious*, Iconic Tonic*, Jack for men, Excalibur, North shore, Thane, Aphrodisia Erotica, Eanie Meany Miney!, Weapon X*, Super for men2*, Moon of the Falling Leaves, Hunter/Woodland Nymph, Brother Brimstone, Boddice Ripper, Pinnacle*, Salute!*, Sudden Impact, Ambuscade*, Top Dog*, North Pole, Haunted Hallows

You may or may not get all your choices. It happens with small batch companies and make sure you add a few alternatives in case some you have chosen is out of stock.

I underwent sensory overload in the first 2 days smelling and training my nose on all these different scents. All smell very intricate and complicated. I really have no clue what I am doing other than learning at a rapid rate. I have also subjected many of them to female opinions. All these reviews will come in time.
11-01-2012 4:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
thundr
Vendor

RE: Peeking Into The Perfumerie
11-01-2012 4:43 PM

I will begin with my current favorite.

Boddice Ripper is the one that stood out among all I purchased. I cannot describe how awesome this stuff smells on me. Smells great in the vial, even better on me after a few minutes. Sandalwood and amber are the notes that stick to me the most. BR is very strong and may be a bit overpowering for daytime use. I have only worn it at night and I think I will continue to do so. The smell right out of the vial is very intricate and unique, unlike anything I have ever smelled before.
4 out of 4 females have liked it thus far. I like it. Its getting bought as my first full size purchase no doubt!

Haunted Hallows. The girls were not so much into this one but I like it alot. Reminds me of hunting. Very very earthy. Go find a pile of leaves that has been sitting there for awhile and move some aside down into the dark wet ones underneath. Stick your face in it and take a deep sniff = haunted hallows.
Only one female liked this one but I like it alot.

Jack for Men. mix 1 part pumpkin pie to one part shaving cream = Jack. Very fresh and a good holiday scent for autumn. The girls were so so about it but I like the way it dries. Its not as in your face like BR, its more subtle. Not as spicy as I thought it would be, but I like the fresh scent and pumpkin undertones.

Thats all I have tested so far. I will be testing more soon.

EDIT: I forgot Thane. Very intricate smell and strong. 2 females of 4 have liked it. I like it. Take an acorn and grind it against a brick wall. Add a bit of light musk and smell = Thane.
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2012 5:04 PM by thundr.)
11-01-2012 4:43 PM
halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

11-02-2012 9:33 AM

Guess what? They just came out with 10 new men's phero'd scents. They only do this once a year in November. You might want to get one more sampler.
11-02-2012 9:33 AM
bored4life
Serious Poster

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

11-02-2012 10:05 AM

Damn, only had I known about this.. Would have saved some money on those colognes. Oh well.. it's all good.. maybe at a later point. Looking forward to the reviews though!

The Journal

Arsenal:
Alpha Dream:Glace, FB Glace Silicone, Androstadienone, LIIK v1, LIIK v2, Corporativo
Liquid Alchemy Labs: Wolf, Nude Alpha, Acqua Vitae
Love Scent: New Pheromone Additive
PheromoneXS: AscendXS, CohesionXS, EvolveXS

Samples:
Alpha Dream: FB Glace Alcohol
Liquid Alchemy Labs: Nude, Primitive, Hypnotica Social, Possess
PheromoneXS: BlissXS
11-02-2012 10:05 AM
thundr
Vendor

11-04-2012 9:09 PM

Watson- the best description I can make of this one is like rolling around making out in an herb garden. Namely a lavender patch bc this herb dominates the fresh app. It goes away though and it dries smelling very clean and quite manly, similar to a natural smelling aftershave. 3 females of 4 liked this one and the other I havent tested on yet. So far I like it alot and it would make a great day wear product and even carry over into the early evening. I dont see it as night wear for me personally bc I like to roll with a less fresh smelling scent, well bc I like to get dirty.

Excalibur - wow. Super intense. I applied the normal couple drops and instantly became cologne guy. I knew the others could smell it and I was prolly burning their nose but they said nothing. I got up to go wash off my wrists and yet the scent was still a bit strong even from the neck app. Go very very light on this stuff. It has a foresty kind of smell. For some reason reminds me of hiking. The crisp smell of bushes and trees and is not leafy like haunted hallows. 1 female really liked this one, 2 were so so about it and were not as enthusiastic.

LP AHA moment last night with ripper. Man I cannot get enough of this one. It compliments my natural scent very very well. I had my arm around one of the females in our crew during an outside patio trip. A few minutes later as a few of us were standing around talking, one of the females who was standing next to the female I was embracing says "you smell like thundr.." and gives her shoulder a sniff. Exactly the objective I have been searching for. Capture a certain scent and make it you.

I would assume that somewhere in the LP men's line there is a perfect scent for just about any man. I found mine so far and ripper is it. I would suggest to anyone looking to diversify their scent trail and become unique then buy a sample pack of 10 (+2 for being a PT member) so that 12 samples for 30 bucks. Cheaper than storebought, more unique, and when you find your fav then make it your own. pow pow.

Ive used modern era colognes. Popular and unpopular. Expensive originals and knock offs. Ive also used throwback scents like Old spice, brute, stetson bc I like them and they remind me of powerful males in my family. But what about my own scent? I would say with no stuttering that you will smell different than any guy she has ever smelled.. this is an open door right at the beginning with a fresh start in the olfactory realm. You burn this smell memory into their head. Be fun, be yourself and that scent memory will last. I dont think we as humans give enough credit to smell memory. On the positive it takes me back in time smelling things like fresh apple pie, fresh cut wood, old colognes, older perfumes, etc.. On the negative side, nothing is worse than wearing the scent of an ex BF or a bad memory scent when courting a female.

Being a unique wolf is crucial in this hectic world of sheep and shepherds.
11-04-2012 9:09 PM

2Soon2Care
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-05-2012 12:13 AM

Hey cool, looking forward to your observations on these, I've been curious about them and there are sooo many!
Check out the as well, there are a shit-ton of crazy ass sounding scents they blend up, website is a little chaotic but I don't recall any reviews of their scents, so you might find it interesting.

If you get the notion, I'd personally like to hear about these in terms of the projection, silage, and longevity - those are the three touch-stones in a scent quality that make or break its usefulness for me rather than just liking the scent.

Enjoy and thanks!

I'll spray anything apparently...
11-05-2012 12:13 AM
Cman888
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-05-2012 2:29 AM

(11-05-2012 12:13 AM)2Soon2Care Wrote:  Hey cool, looking forward to your observations on these, I've been curious about them and there are sooo many!
Check out the as well, there are a shit-ton of crazy ass sounding scents they blend up, website is a little chaotic but I don't recall any reviews of their scents, so you might find it interesting.

If you get the notion, I'd personally like to hear about these in terms of the projection, silage, and longevity - those are the three touch-stones in a scent quality that make or break its usefulness for me rather than just liking the scent.

Enjoy and thanks!

Maybe i can chime in here since i use LPMP products 85% of the time...

Most of the LPMP products i have tried stay close to the skin.

I think i heard Mara say this a while back ( it might also be their forum).. she likes it when people walk by you or are in close proximity and then get a whiff of something and say " what is that smell?" and get intrigued to get close to you, almost a mystery. so intense sillage/ projection isnt her interest.

As i said most products stay close to the skin especially the oils, the user gets little whiffs here and there as it wofts up from the application points. This isnt to say someone near you will get the woft also.

Or if your walking just the movement of air seems to help in projecting the scent

You can though, get the alcohol version in which the diffusion will help in terms of sillage and projection.

Longevity obviously favours oils rather than the spray.

So you can cover more area with the oils or get spray or order it 60/40, both of best worlds.

I personally mix some oils into small togos with for example bliss: , alcohol from bliss + oils from LPMP seems to work awesome.

I personally like them for their ability to last long and stay close to the skin.

This gives you a reason to get close to women and converse, not relying on cologne to seek out targets.. such as Thundr's example of having his arm around the female.

Some LPMP products are more heavier than the others, such as Teachers pest which is very strong and full/bold vs. Jack for men which is much lighter as i can barely smell it on my skin.

This to me is the difference in their products light vs heavy. and the amount you use determines the strength, obviously.

So its hard to say which products have greater sillage/ projection/ etc since their are a lot of variables ( skin chemistry etc)

What i like may not what you like and vice versa..

for example:

Excalibur, ruisseau, creoles man - all the wet, green scents smell like port-a-potty, urinal puck on my skin and i've been told this, even without mones on.

But others on the forums seem to love it.

My favorites are- boddice ripper, Tails of Mystery, teachers pest, north pole, pendragon, moon of the falling leaves, Masked man(kinda, very vanilla) , brothers brimstone - after it dries down, thane, dad for men is good also. Thrills something? i lost sampler...

^---- they all do something on my skin which i like and people around me like.

There is a lot more i would liek to try also.... gotta find what works for you so just get a sampler pack..

also you can go on to LPMP forum and you can see what the lovely girls over there like their man to smell like.

The blackphoenixalchemylab website looks frikin hectic...... would be interesting to try some out...
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2012 2:33 AM by Cman888.)
11-05-2012 2:29 AM
2Soon2Care
Serious Poster

Rep Post

11-05-2012 10:23 PM

Thanks Cman! You and Thundr are liking some I've been curious about, I see some coming to my home in the future

I'll spray anything apparently...
11-05-2012 10:23 PM
Pheroman
ManSLut

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

11-07-2012 1:11 AM

Have you tried Aphrodisia Erotica, its pretty strong stuff.

You may be better off wearing nutella, maybe some chick might want to lick it off
My journal http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-PheroMan
My product list http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-...#pid231407
11-07-2012 1:11 AM
thundr
Vendor

11-07-2012 2:17 AM

(11-07-2012 1:11 AM)Pheroman Wrote:  Have you tried Aphrodisia Erotica, its pretty strong stuff.

Aphrodisia Erotica has been hit n miss the few times Ive worn it. I actually wore it tonite over to WWs house mixed in some New Pheromone Additive. She was not very fond of it at all. Which is strange bc A girl likes it and a couple others, yet others do not. It is starting to appear that some either like it alot or others not at all. Theres really no middle ground with this one. I personally like the smell of it especially after it dries. It is very potent for sure and lasts awhile after app. One weird thing about Erotica is how it dries on me. It doesnt smell anything like how it started in the vial after about an hour on me. It dries very sweet with a chocolatey vanilla aroma. Strange and maybe its my chemistry that affects its dry down.

Im starting to get a gauge on what the girls in my circle like and what they dont. Oddly enough, some of the scents seem to link to others. In that I mean similar scents are liked that are related. The musky ones, the fresh ones, earthy tones.. each female seems to like a certain type. Im still learning but I have no reservations about sticking 20 vials under their noses for some female feedback. They are just gonna have to take a few sniffs of my vials if they want the D. Lol
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2012 2:35 AM by thundr.)
11-07-2012 2:17 AM

Share This Thread