Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking for fragrances that last all day
ShadowX114
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Looking for fragrances that last all day
10-19-2017 2:24 PM

I've seen random posts here and there recommending fragrances that are strong enough to cover pheromones smell very well. The only one I remember is 1 million which I agree with. I used to own it and not only it was strong with good sillage but it also used to last for a couple of hours. The last part is very important for me because no cologne lasts long on me except for 1 million. For example, BlackXS is very strong at first which could be a great cover but after 1-2 hours, the scent disappears which leaves me to unscented pheromone.

Anyone tried the other variations of 1 million? Are they as long lasting? I saw "1 million cologne" the other day at a local store but they didn't have a tester. At first, I thought it was a more concentrated one "eau de parfum" but it still said "eau de toilette"

As for "1 million Privé" , I didn't like it.

Now that Sears Canada is permanently closing, they may discount their prices more than what I could get from fragrancex.com

All that to say that I'm basically looking for colognes that last for a couple of hours. P I would appreciate recommendations.

Journal ->: HERE

Current Stash

Alpha Dream: Glace
Androtics: TAC (20mcg), P83 (20mcg), P96 (20mcg), P97 (20mcg)
Apex: M3X
LAL: BW, Max T, Wolf
Pheromone XS: Cohesion, Connections
Love Potion: 40 samples
10-19-2017 2:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

RE: Looking for fragrances that last all day
10-19-2017 2:37 PM

I really have nothing productive to provide to the conversation but I wanted to see what other people had for suggestions. I do like Fierce or Bois Du Portugal type from The Fragrance Shop for longevity.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
10-19-2017 2:37 PM
Spider-mone

Rep Post

10-19-2017 3:21 PM

Not sure if my suggestions will help you since you mention blackxs doesn't last long on you.... for me it lasts forever... but my bottle is also one of the original formulations so maybe yours is reformulated.

My dior sauvage lasts long. I can still smell it the next day. Cdnim I can also smell the next day. All my armafs seem to last long ... tag him ... bois nuit. .. original club de nuit.
I just got bogart pour homme and this is also a good one if you like tobacco scents. People say it's similar to TM pure malt.
I also spray molecule 1 as a base and this seems to increase longevity. I wore burberry London the other day which doesn't tend to last long but on top of molecule 1 I could still smell it 10 hours later. And not just as a skin scent but still actually projecting.

not sure i'd hold my breath with sears and huge discounts on stuff like fragrances.

Correct a fool and he will hate you; correct a wise man and he will appreciate you
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2017 3:54 PM by Spider-mone.)
10-19-2017 3:21 PM
DarkLord1

Rep Post

10-19-2017 4:53 PM

Don't consider myself a fragrance expert and these fragrances are an acquired taste....

Aoud's last a long time for me. They are strong smelling and some have said too strong, but I like them.

I have a sample of Musk Aoud from Roja Parfume. Got it from Scent Split. Lasts all day and I really like it.

It's polarizing....I've had people tell me that I smell too strong and I say that's because I am too strong.
10-19-2017 4:53 PM

TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

10-19-2017 5:29 PM

Most of the fragrances nowadays are watered down, unlike the powerhouses of the 70s and 80s. Even so, many masterpieces of yesteryear have also been reformulated/weakened. The reasons are many-fold ranging from the cutting costs, IFRA banning/limiting certain substances to political correctness i.e., 'how dare you insist that we should all smell your cologne?' ...' your smell is rude..'

Okay, regarding longevity some beasts in my collection that last longer than some would like:

1) Bogart One Man Show Gold Edition. Kudos to Spidey for mentioning the house of Bogart as they make some of the most POWERFUL scents nowadays (takes balls to swim across the current trend of 'sweetie' or aquatic scents). Just about all of the Bogart family of scents ARE SUPERPOWERFUL. On the OMSGE, they even have a warning on the bottle that says that it is superconcentrated...1 spray does the job for perhaps 24 hours or more...2 sprays you risk giving those around you headaches...3 sprays...you will be nuclear. How does it smell? very similar to TM B*Men or even somewhat reminscent of another old powerhouse, Lapidus pour homme. OMSGE starts out sweet with apple/cloves/violet kinda reminiscent of Apex Fury Scent. After 3 hours, morphs into something more masculine with a woodsy drydown...nice. I like the drydown. THE BEST PART: cost is peanuts...100 ml bottle maybe $20 -$25. The most powerful frag in my collection.

2)Sung Homme (by Alfred Sung) Do you like the smell of Irish Spring soap? How about a frag that goes seamlessly with that soap? It starts out strong and perhaps scary, but after about 3-4 hours it morphs and continues to sorta morph giving you various whiffs of different notes all through the day. The drydown has some of the same facets of Ralph Lauren's Polo (original green edition). Very masculine. Nice part...cost: peanuts big bottle maybe less than $20 often in a gift set with shower gel. Go easy on the trigger with this one...maybe 1 pump with 2 sprays max...gives the right touch.

3) YSL Kouros....described as the smell of sex...love it or hate it frag. I love the stuff especially the drydown...opening kinda strong/scary urine/fecal notes, but drydown is gorgeous musk and women like it...provided you spray once or ONLY TWICE from a distance of about 6 inches. Must try, but look for the bottle with chrome shoulders NOT THE ALL WHITE SHOULDERS BOTTLE which is the reformulated modern edition; still strong but flat delivery not as full and complex as the previous versions. LEGENDARY. LIKE A DRUG. starts dirty and miraculously morphs into a soapy clean fresh smell....but always retaining that ever so slightly raunchy tone. This is a masterpiece and it's charm comes from maintaining that tension that exists between dirty and clean.

Finally, something not quite beastly..but bright and lovely that has garnered me a plethora of compliments from girls:

4) Oscar for Men (Oscar de la Renta) 'bright type of fragrance' that somehow last VERY LONG...this is one of the few fragrances where the black pepper note seems to get stronger as time drags on which is contra to the norm of the volatile black pepper note normally lasts for a short duration. This frag has it all...incense, woods, spices, musk...all transparent...not heavy. The cost to quality is off the wall...$20! If you can get the bottle where it is still made in France, then do so...however, the version in made in New York is no slouch...just ever so slightly weaker. Awesome frag..very versatile whether casual or dressed up. Nice part...you will smell different from most of the guys out there.

try before you buy whenever possible...perhaps ordering a sample decant. However, with these particular ones...your monetary risk is really low. It is really shocking how these soundly beat many popular modern frags in terms of both longevity and price.

Hope That This Helps!
(This post was last modified: 10-19-2017 5:30 PM by TheManInTheFedora.)
10-19-2017 5:29 PM
DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Rep Post

10-19-2017 7:37 PM

While I agree with with everyone for the colognes mentioned above. I'd like to add Aramis. I've got the new version (I wish I had the old version to compare) and wow I love it. To me, Aramis is slightly love it or hate it kinda smell, some like it on me while others don't. But am pretty sure, if I had the chance to expose it to the ones that hate it, they'll say "wow it grows in me". Me personally I loved it from the begging. It's a very different classic smell. One spray on me Adams apple and smudged around me inner arms plus one spray on me clothes around me chest area lasts me all day. Literally all day. When I remove me tshirt to throw it into the laundry, I could STILL smell what I've sprayed in the morning. Application points're a factor too to maximize the longevity. I believe clothes hold it longer than skin.

Also, if u're thinking about longevity, have ya tried oils? Check these guys out. amd no I ain't affiliated with'em. Good thing about'em is that the price for 10 mil oils is $ 2.99. I've tried 1 million from'em and u're right, 1 million got me some good compliments.

I've also tried farenheight (starts floral, ends musky) 50 shades (similar to the wolf smell from LAL but slightly different) Attitude (slightly aquatic after shave type) and they have many other oil fragrances u can sorta mix and match. Or layer differently. I really like their amber and musk AND Egyptian musk. Mainly cos I like musky smells.

With oils, good thing about it is that ya can fine tune it to ur liking by mixing in ur alcohol.

Hope this helps Shadow. Smile
10-19-2017 7:37 PM
Pheroman
ManSLut

Sex: Often Please

Rep Post

10-19-2017 8:31 PM

My Creed colognes cover well but only for 3-4 hrs, then the mone smell starts coming through.
I get 7-8 hrs from Dirty English.

LPMP give me very long lasting scent and good cover.

I have not tried other many brand of oils and tbh I am not a fan of most commercial scents included here.

You may be better off wearing nutella, maybe some chick might want to lick it off
My journal http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-PheroMan
My product list http://pherotruth.com/Thread-Diary-of-a-...#pid231407
10-19-2017 8:31 PM
XyzN
Phero'd Up!

Rep Post

10-20-2017 7:55 AM

Yeah I don't want to be that guy, but Aventus tho.
I have people complimenting me on it hours later all the time when I can't even smell it anymore.
Millesime Imperial has a a little more staying power as well.

thegentleman Wrote:Young women want a guy with lots of energy, someone who is fun, has big lofty dreams and is on his way to becoming that man. When they think of the value that you bring to a relationship, they think in terms of the experience you're going to give them. So wear something that makes them feel upbeat, and create positive emotional experiences with them that they will feel they can't get elsewhere.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2017 7:57 AM by XyzN.)
10-20-2017 7:55 AM

Paradox
The Living Legend

Rep Post

10-20-2017 10:32 AM

This post probably belongs here: https://pherotruth.com/Forum-Perfumes-Co...Fragrances

And the question may have already been answered there (https://pherotruth.com/Forum-Perfumes-Co...ragrances) also.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."--- Vince Lombardi
10-20-2017 10:32 AM
BigDickBandit420

Rep Post

10-20-2017 11:01 AM

(10-20-2017 10:32 AM)Paradox Wrote:  This post probably belongs here: https://pherotruth.com/Forum-Perfumes-Co...Fragrances

And the question may have already been answered there (https://pherotruth.com/Forum-Perfumes-Co...ragrances) also.

Yeah, it does belong there BUT there’s new information being shared publicly that won’t be found in old threads.
10-20-2017 11:01 AM

Share This Thread