Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Looking for fragrances that last all day
DrChocolate
Learner and observer

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Looking for fragrances that last all day
10-20-2017 12:12 PM

Am I wrong to say that new information has been shared here?
10-20-2017 12:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ekscentra

Rep Post

10-20-2017 12:13 PM

I sevond Bogart, and of course Montale is well-known for longevity (I think their "ouds" smell too sharp, though).

Any bottles Dior Fahrenheit prior to 2004, vintage Sables, Amouage Jubilation XXV, most 80's powerhouses, and most attars will last for this long as well.
10-20-2017 12:13 PM

ShadowX114
Serious Poster

Rep Post

10-23-2017 1:54 PM

Sorry for the late reply guys but seriously thank you for very much for the replies; especially the detailed ones, I really appreciate it!!

(10-19-2017 2:37 PM)Snoopyace Wrote:  I really have nothing productive to provide to the conversation but I wanted to see what other people had for suggestions. I do like Fierce or Bois Du Portugal type from The Fragrance Shop for longevity.

Since you like to order the Body Spritz of the "type" , do their version last very long since they market themselves for not adding alcohol in their mixes? I also noticed that they add aloe, chamomile, calendula & lavender to their Body Spritz, doesn't that alter the scent of whichever cologne you have ordered? E.g: Fierce type with aloe, chamomile, calendula & lavender.

(10-19-2017 3:21 PM)Spider-mone Wrote:  Not sure if my suggestions will help you since you mention blackxs doesn't last long on you.... for me it lasts forever... but my bottle is also one of the original formulations so maybe yours is reformulated.

My dior sauvage lasts long. I can still smell it the next day. Cdnim I can also smell the next day. All my armafs seem to last long ... tag him ... bois nuit. .. original club de nuit.
I just got bogart pour homme and this is also a good one if you like tobacco scents. People say it's similar to TM pure malt.
I also spray molecule 1 as a base and this seems to increase longevity. I wore burberry London the other day which doesn't tend to last long but on top of molecule 1 I could still smell it 10 hours later. And not just as a skin scent but still actually projecting.

not sure i'd hold my breath with sears and huge discounts on stuff like fragrances.

My first BlackXS did last. I remember getting a compliment on it couple of hours after applying it and thought "finally something that lasts on me!" But the second one, not so much. Maybe they indeed changed the formula....something that seems common apparently. My Spicebomb doesn't last at all even though I really like it. I read on basenotes someone mentioning that his Spicebomb doesn't last like his previous bottle.

I will check out your other suggestions, some of them seem to be expensive but will see if Scent Split has them (thanks to DarkLord for mentioning it below your post, didn't know about them).

You are right about Sears. My local one is 10-30% and they posted a note in the fragrance department saying that they can't apply discounts on beauty or fragrance products. But we never know, they may when they are at the very end of their closing day and they still have overstocks.

On a side note, a question that I've been wondering about for a while....was your previous avatar spiderman with BlackCat? I'm wondering if I'm confusing you with another member or if you simply changed your avatar.
Thank you very much for the detailed reply!

(10-19-2017 4:53 PM)DarkLord1 Wrote:  Don't consider myself a fragrance expert and these fragrances are an acquired taste....

Aoud's last a long time for me. They are strong smelling and some have said too strong, but I like them.

I have a sample of Musk Aoud from Roja Parfume. Got it from Scent Split. Lasts all day and I really like it.

It's polarizing....I've had people tell me that I smell too strong and I say that's because I am too strong.

Never heard of Scent Split until your post! Great opportunity to try a couple of the expensive bottles (creed, the oud colognes and a couple of them look exotic).

(10-19-2017 5:29 PM)TheManInTheFedora Wrote:  Bogart One Man Show Gold Edition
Sung Homme
YSL Kouros
Oscar

Thank you very much for the detailed reply man.

Bogart One Man Show Gold Edition , I like that it's strong, it means it covers the pheromones very well. How's the longevity though? Can it more or less cover them throughout the day?
Have you tried the original Bogart cologne?

I smelled Sung on the weekend. I like it but not something I would want to buy to be honest. I usually like fresh scents; whether "out of the shower fresh or orange/citrus type (if you tried Frost by Apex , you will know what I mean) But I like how it smells old school. Oscar sounds promising, I like the notes you described; will include it to the list that I may consider.

(10-19-2017 7:37 PM)DrChocolate Wrote:  While I agree with with everyone for the colognes mentioned above. I'd like to add Aramis. I've got the new version (I wish I had the old version to compare) and wow I love it. To me, Aramis is slightly love it or hate it kinda smell, some like it on me while others don't. But am pretty sure, if I had the chance to expose it to the ones that hate it, they'll say "wow it grows in me". Me personally I loved it from the begging. It's a very different classic smell. One spray on me Adams apple and smudged around me inner arms plus one spray on me clothes around me chest area lasts me all day. Literally all day. When I remove me tshirt to throw it into the laundry, I could STILL smell what I've sprayed in the morning. Application points're a factor too to maximize the longevity. I believe clothes hold it longer than skin.

Also, if u're thinking about longevity, have ya tried oils? Check these guys out. amd no I ain't affiliated with'em. Good thing about'em is that the price for 10 mil oils is $ 2.99. I've tried 1 million from'em and u're right, 1 million got me some good compliments.

I've also tried farenheight (starts floral, ends musky) 50 shades (similar to the wolf smell from LAL but slightly different) Attitude (slightly aquatic after shave type) and they have many other oil fragrances u can sorta mix and match. Or layer differently. I really like their amber and musk AND Egyptian musk. Mainly cos I like musky smells.

With oils, good thing about it is that ya can fine tune it to ur liking by mixing in ur alcohol.

Hope this helps Shadow. Smile

It did Smile I have few oils from the fragrance shop but I didn't use them as I would like to experiment with them by mixing them with alcohol as you have suggested. I only tried with one but the smell of alcohol was too much. I guess I didn't do the ratio well. I wonder if this is the best bet compared to buying commercial colognes.

(10-20-2017 12:13 PM)Ekscentra Wrote:  Any bottles Dior Fahrenheit prior to 2004, vintage Sables, Amouage Jubilation XXV, most 80's powerhouses, and most attars will last for this long as well.
That's the problem with online orders; we can't choose the date of the bottles.

Good to see a recent post from you XyzN.

Thank you again guys, I really appreciate the replies. Will get back to you once I save some money and be ready to purchase.

Journal ->: HERE

Current Stash

Alpha Dream: Glace
Androtics: TAC (20mcg), P83 (20mcg), P96 (20mcg), P97 (20mcg)
Apex: M3X
LAL: BW, Max T, Wolf
Pheromone XS: Cohesion, Connections
Love Potion: 40 samples
10-23-2017 1:54 PM
TheManInTheFedora
Serious Poster

Sex:

Rep Post

10-23-2017 3:01 PM

@Shadowx

Code:
Bogart One Man Show Gold Edition , I like that it's strong, it means it covers the pheromones very well. How's the longevity though? Can it more or less cover them throughout the day?

Longevity on my skin and most users reporting can be 24+ hours (somewhere earlier it could have become a skinscent after the 12-16 hour mark, but your girl will still smell it when close to you) and you may smell it coming off when you take a shower. IMHO it will cover the mones for not only the day but into the next day. The musky/woody basenotes which come out in the drydown...somewhere after the 3 -4 hour guarantee covering mone smells.
Silage can be nuclear...if you choose this one, remember easy on the trigger...from perhaps 6 inches away from app point, kinda like a mist...you don't want it to be counterproductive. Here is the review of one of the fragrance bloggers that I follow...he does a good job of not only reviewing OMSGE, but also some of the other Bogart fragrances (including Bogart original cologne)...please check out this review:

Code:
Have you tried the original Bogart cologne?

Very similar to the original classic Paco Rabanne pour homme (green bottle) minus the honey note...woody forest fresh without being 'aqua.' You can also read the review in the above mentioned blog, namely Pour Monsieur.
You might be better off with the OMSGE as it is more modern...women may like the smell coming off you, kinda on the sweet side for the first 4 hours...thereafter woody, masculine.

Code:
I usually like fresh scents; whether "out of the shower fresh or orange/citrus type

If you like orange notes, besides the ubiquitous T'erre Hermes (heavy on ISO E Super) you may wish to try Cartier's Declaration (also uses ISO E Sup), the original one rather than the flankers. Jean Claude Elena was the nose behind both of those, he seems to be a master at rendering a very realistic fresh cut juicy orange note. Declaration also has a skanky musk note which would cover the mones well. I found the longevity to be exceptional, particularly if you can get it in the grey box rather than the red box. Try at the Sephora or Douglas store near you.

Code:
Oscar sounds promising, I like the notes you described

This might be your best bet because you mentioned that you like fresh, clean fragrance....this one has it all...well balanced, VERY VERSATILE. I got compliments from women on this one and my SIL actually demanded to know what is was so that she could buy it for her husband. This is not a monster, but it has decent longevity...4-6+ hours. You can always respray. It will distinguish you from the rest of the sea of One Millions, Eros, Sauvage, AdG etc. Hidden gem. Here is a great review from Pour Monsieur:

For a more scientific, detailed review...try Bryan Ross' review here:

He also has an interesting article about ISO E which he just put up as of 10/22/17:

Code:
That's the problem with online orders; we can't choose the date of the bottles.

Yes, with online retailers it can be a problem unless you email them to ask for the batch code on the package/bottle. If you are buying from a reputable Ebayer (sometimes the only place to find a vintage edition), the batch code is sometimes in the description or a photo was snapped of it closeup. IF you can obtain that number, you can check the month/year of production here:

This way you may be able to discover whether you are buying a new production which often has been weakened by reformulation or a vintage.

Good Luck and Do Let Us Know How it Goes!

DISCLAIMER: I am not the owner of any of the blogs cited.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2017 3:11 PM by TheManInTheFedora.)
10-23-2017 3:01 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

10-23-2017 4:46 PM

(10-23-2017 1:54 PM)ShadowX114 Wrote:  Since you like to order the Body Spritz of the "type" , do their version last very long since they market themselves for not adding alcohol in their mixes? I also noticed that they add aloe, chamomile, calendula & lavender to their Body Spritz, doesn't that alter the scent of whichever cologne you have ordered? E.g: Fierce type with aloe, chamomile, calendula & lavender.

The Body Spritz by itself lasts anywhere from 3 to 5 hours on my skin. Adding a sample vial of the scent itself to a 2 oz bottle of Body Spritz will add to the longevity quite a bit. Maybe 6 to 8 hours. The oil versions definitely last longer but it seems like it depends on the scent itself. Fierce type is awesome and I smell that easily the next day. Aventus needs to age before it hits that level of longevity. I think it depends on how big of a seller the scent is. The super sellers are sold quickly enough that the scents don't really have time to composite long enough.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
10-23-2017 4:46 PM
Indi-player
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

10-26-2017 5:15 PM

Snoopy,

Thanks for sharing wax works, I'm so happy i discovered that site through you. I'm super interested in in 1 million and avebtus fragrance oils.

I have never mixed fragrance oils other than mixing pheromones with cologns, or diluting them with DPG or perfumers alcohol.

On their site they say don't apply oil directly on skin,what gives? Are they really strong and intense based on your experience or are they exaggerating. Surely putting i tiny bit won't be that extreme.

Thank you!
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2017 5:16 PM by Indi-player.)
10-26-2017 5:15 PM

Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

10-26-2017 5:28 PM

In my experience scent strength depends on the scent. Aventus is pretty weak whenever I get a new 1/4 oz bottle. I plan ahead by buying at sales before I am out and let the new bottle sit a month and then it is really strong and lasts much longer. sit Fierce is nice and strong immediately and will last until my next day shower.

I always wear the oils on my skin and have never had any problem.

“Funny guys are dangerous. They’ll make you laugh, and laugh, and laugh then boom, you are naked.”

“Charm is the way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clearly defined question” - Oscar Wilde
10-26-2017 5:28 PM
Indi-player
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

10-26-2017 5:36 PM

Thanks alot always of help. Prices are amazing and I'm guessing on Christmas they get more so. Regardless I'm ordering some now Infact and if it like i will surely order plenty on Christmas

Reps!
10-26-2017 5:36 PM
Snoopyace
The Love God

Rep Post

10-26-2017 5:48 PM

Glad I could help. A lot of scents are spot on. Some... not as much. Having said that, most are very close to the originals and smell really, really nice. Even their The Fragrance Scent originals are really nice. Ascot Red smells a bit like Lacoste Red, Burmese Wood smells a lot like Royal Oud, especially when it is first applied. Himalayas smells quite a bit like Creed’s Himalaya even though they say it isn’t intended to.

10-26-2017 5:48 PM
aceva
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

10-30-2017 3:28 PM

Newb to pheromones here, but colognes that last all day on me include Aqua di Gio, Polo Sport, and Playboy London.
10-30-2017 3:28 PM

Share This Thread