Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Freebies for PheroTruth Members
halo0073

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1632
Thanks received:
3372 thanks in 1534 posts

RE: Freebies for PheroTruth Members
03-28-2012 9:55 AM

If you are just wanting greater diffusion just buy the fragrance in spray form with alcohol. Save yourself all the DIY stuff. You really don't want to dilute LPs in my opinion, it's going to change everything about the fragrance.
03-28-2012 9:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jla734
jla734

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks received:
20 thanks in 14 posts

03-28-2012 9:56 AM

(03-28-2012 9:15 AM)Sptsmed Wrote:  I have always found that vodka mixes the best with a little olive juice and a few olives LOL

Now thats funny. I wouldnt know as alcohol and I don't get along.HALF a dose of nyquil knocks me out for hours.I see other people knocking drinks down but I have even had a reaction to red wine.Instant headache,flushing,etc its nuts someone told me I prob am allergic to the tannins?
03-28-2012 9:56 AM
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks received:

03-28-2012 10:19 AM

The best way I can explain it to you is this...LPs are perfume. Would you dilute a bottle of perfume you bought at a store? Probably not. You can buy a kit at LP to convert it to a alcohol spray or you can just buy them as sprays. Oils have their own strong points though, so try it before you mess with it.
03-28-2012 10:19 AM

Grape Ape
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks received:
56 thanks in 32 posts

03-28-2012 11:13 AM

Everclear is a favorite of mine, but I don't chug it to show off anymore, like I did as a teenager. You were smart not to buy it for your sons sake. Real trife shit, but a happy drunk. Some tips:

1. Use 1/3 you would 80 proof vodka.
2. Never mix with any other alcahol. Never!
3. Take your time drinking. Everclear can be a sneaky bastard. Gauge tolerance.
4. Please dont drive.

As for LP, I think their scents for men smell to much like candles or inscents. The scents don't wear on me long, though others may still smell me. Some scents have grown on me and I've used up most my trials(I get about 10 uses from 1). I just wish the scents were more traditional and manly, not Yankee Candle or Hippy store. Thunder is very close to a traditional male scent though. I also wish there was a better dosing scheme but you just need to find what works best for you.

As far as the phero blends, they have some great ones. I've really been sold on <3 Throb and recently Intelectual Man. Just awesome formulas, quality molecules and decent prices.

Customer service is great too. Emailed them about samples of Weapon X and they went out of their way to break down a full bottle and put samples up on the site.

My <3 Throb review.
http://pherotruth.com/Thread-3-Throb-Pas...=pashazade
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2012 11:15 AM by Grape Ape.)
03-28-2012 11:13 AM
Mara ~ Love Potion
Vendor

Thanks Given: 41
Thanks received:
238 thanks in 65 posts

03-28-2012 1:14 PM

JLA, Phero Truth members get treated the same way as LP members as far as choosing the 2 freebies and getting the sampler packs in your orders go. But in any case, you are only entitled to the freebies ONCE PER MONTH. Putting in more/smaller orders will actually get you less in the way of freebies because it costs us more in payment processing fees, shipping, packaging material and employee time, which lessens our ability to give things away for free.

However, there is a perk for LP forum members not offered here. If you post reviews on our site and rack up your number of posts you get extra bonuses. At 200 posts you get a $5 store credit, and an additional $5 credit for every 100 posts after that. You can spend them on any order over $25 and if you post a lot of reviews and save them up, you can earn yourself a LOT of free merchandise.

As far as diluting, please take Halo's very good advice here and mine that I gave you on the LP site when you asked the same question over there. Please try the perfumes as they are intended before you mess with them.

Thanks and enjoy!
03-28-2012 1:14 PM
Mara ~ Love Potion
Vendor

Thanks received:
238 thanks in 65 posts

03-28-2012 2:00 PM

(03-28-2012 11:13 AM)Grape Ape Wrote:  As for Love Potion, I think their scents for men smell to much like candles or inscents. The scents don't wear on me long, though others may still smell me. Some scents have grown on me and I've used up most my trials(I get about 10 uses from 1). I just wish the scents were more traditional and manly, not Yankee Candle or Hippy store. Thunder is very close to a traditional male scent though. I also wish there was a better dosing scheme but you just need to find what works best for you.

Thanks for the feedback Grape Ape, always appreciated, good or bad. Smile

We have over 100 scents that men can wear and a LOT of them are of the more traditional manly variety. You just have to read the descripts, reviews, or simply ask me for some recommendations to lead you in the proper direction. On the Perfumerie pages there are TAGS on the bottom of each page. So if you go to the page for Thunder, which you like, you can click the tags to see more of the same type - just a tip.

The sweeter male scents are extremely popular with women, thus there's a lot of feedback on those. Guys may think they are a bit non-traditional but they get excellent results from the opposite sex, and that seems to be the main point for wearing them for most guys.

You may like the ones tagged as "Office Friendly", as those are all clean, light and fresh...like a fresh out of the shower scent.

Since you like Thunder, I would also recommend these to you - try them in a sampler pack for a $20 discount! (marked with a *P* if they are phero enhanced):
Pinnacle (P)
Pendragon
Dad for Men (P)
Merlin's Blend
Creole Man
Elementary
Iconic Tonic (avail w & w/out Pheromones)
Lion Heart
Excalibur (very traditional - but kinda 80's/heavy)
Ruisseau (P)
Thrill of the Chase (P)
Brother Brimstone
Top Dog (P)
Sudden Impact (P)
Lap of Luxury (P)
New one not released yet: Eternal Sunshine

These have some sweetness but get rave feedback, might want to try:
Salute (P)
Teddy Man (P)
Voracious (P)

I left out the resiny and spicy ones that you might think smell too hippy or candle like.

As far as "dosing", allow me to share an application method that may help....

Oils, as opposed to sprays, require body heat for diffusion so if you want to get the most throw and longest wear, apply to hottest parts of the body: torso - belly button to chest - and smoosh it around with your wrists. Also apply to back of neck under your hair. When you move around and your body heats up at different times of the day, you will create a fresh cloud of Pheromones and scent.

The amount of scent you wear is a personal preference. The phero enhanced scents benefit from the scent as an indicator of how much you want to wear. If they can smell you 10 feet away, you are wearing too much. You want to use scent as a lure. You want someone to get a whiff of you as you pass and make them want to move closer to you to smell more. I wear enough that my scent cloud extends not more than three feet...I want to lure people into my personal space and only want them to catch tantalizing whiffs if they are outside of it. Understand?

Your application is quite light if you are getting 10 uses out of each trial vial and feel the scent isn't lasting. I would use at least double that amount in most cases.

Hope this is helpful. Thanks again for your feedback.
~ Mara
03-28-2012 2:00 PM
Thanks given by eyeofra, Synergist
jla734
jla734

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks received:
20 thanks in 14 posts

03-28-2012 8:02 PM

(03-28-2012 1:14 PM)Mara ~ Love Potion Wrote:  JLA, Phero Truth members get treated the same way as Love Potion members as far as choosing the 2 freebies and getting the sampler packs in your orders go. But in any case, you are only entitled to the freebies ONCE PER MONTH. Putting in more/smaller orders will actually get you less in the way of freebies because it costs us more in payment processing fees, shipping, packaging material and employee time, which lessens our ability to give things away for free.

However, there is a perk for Love Potion forum members not offered here. If you post reviews on our site and rack up your number of posts you get extra bonuses. At 200 posts you get a $5 store credit, and an additional $5 credit for every 100 posts after that. You can spend them on any order over $25 and if you post a lot of reviews and save them up, you can earn yourself a LOT of free merchandise.

As far as diluting, please take Halo's very good advice here and mine that I gave you on the Love Potion site when you asked the same question over there. Please try the perfumes as they are intended before you mess with them.

Thanks and enjoy!
Dont worry about me. I def wont order more then once per month.Also whats the sampler pack? Is it different scents for us to try so we can figure out the ones we like best?I didnt even know that you did that so thats really nice.I knew about the 2 freebies which I also think is really nice.
I know I will enjoy as I have seen so many women raving about how great your products are.
03-28-2012 8:02 PM

Mara ~ Love Potion
Vendor

Thanks received:
238 thanks in 65 posts

03-28-2012 10:17 PM

jla, the sample options are located on the sample page, here:

03-28-2012 10:17 PM
wiserd
I'm so meta, even this acronym

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1629
Thanks received:
1434 thanks in 735 posts

03-28-2012 11:43 PM

(03-28-2012 7:53 AM)halo0073 Wrote:  Don't use vodka with this class of oils. It will degrade the fragrance.

Hi Halo,

Could you explain this? Is it because of the water content of the vodka?

[Image: Example.jpg]
03-28-2012 11:43 PM
halo0073

Rep Post

Thanks received:

03-29-2012 6:53 AM

(03-28-2012 11:43 PM)wiserd Wrote:  Hi Halo,

Could you explain this? Is it because of the water content of the vodka?

Honestly i don't know the scientific reason I just know that I have heard and read it over and over in the perfume world.
03-29-2012 6:53 AM

Share This Thread