Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Androstenone Vs Androstanone
tangent
Getting comfortable

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Androstenone Vs Androstanone
01-23-2010 3:07 PM

Hey peeps.

Bit of a noob question is this but could anyone shed some light on the main difference between Androstenone and Androstanone?

It's one little letter but I take it there's a real difference here, yes?

01-23-2010 3:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Diane999
Banned for Violations

RE: Androstenone Vs Androstanone
01-23-2010 4:09 PM

Yes, there is a huge difference in these molecules.  Structurally the only difference is the double bond at the 16 carbon.

The left figure is Androstanone. The right figure is Androstenone.

But functionally, they cause very different effects.

Androstanone is masculine, but funny, sexy, and attention getting.

Androstenone is dark, anxiety-provoking, and a little mean.  Research has shown that there is an ovulation-dependent attraction to Androstenone that makes it sexy at mid-cycle. Women on birth control pills don't show this change in attraction.

Androstenone is converted on the skin by skin bacteria from Androstadienone and Alpha Androstenol. Androstanone is directly excreted in sweat and urine.

Diane

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2010 4:17 PM by Diane999.)
01-23-2010 4:09 PM
tangent
Getting comfortable

Rep Post

01-23-2010 4:37 PM

Hmmm very interesting. Thanks Diane. I think Androstanone could be worth looking into.
01-23-2010 4:37 PM
Diane999
Banned for Violations

01-24-2010 1:29 AM

I use it a lot in my mixes.

I thought, when I first started working with it, that I wouldn't like it. It smells strong, like Androstenone. And I was afraid the effects would be the same. But I was very surprised and pleased with it. It really has none of the darker vibes of Androstenone, but it is just as masculine.

I like it.

Diane
01-24-2010 1:29 AM

Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

01-24-2010 8:37 AM

I didnt think I used this one but to my surprise I have quite a bit. Big Grin It is a popular putative you may have tested over at AD. Its much like Androstenone without the aggression.

Its masculine sexual but more on the laid back side. I dont find any darkness with Androstenone myself when used correctly but you can OD on Androstanone just like Androstenone. A few men have reported its dark side is far worse with Androstanone when not used correctly but this could be a chemical reaction occuring in themselves.

It works better as a buffer or a steering pheromone for other pheromones. For something sexual and masculine but less intimidating. Androstanone is also more diffusable then Androstenone and works very well in humid conditions. There is not a lot of info on this one under its true name though and it needs more testing in that respect, However it was one of the first putatives to be released over at AD and is a standard men use.

Its a good one and I think its worth trying it out.

Tisha

01-24-2010 8:37 AM
Phya
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

01-24-2010 2:37 PM

Tisha, would it be possible for you to shed some light on what putatives Androstanone has been released under?

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma... which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
-Steve Jobs
(This post was last modified: 01-24-2010 2:38 PM by Phya.)
01-24-2010 2:37 PM
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

01-24-2010 3:00 PM

(01-24-2010 2:37 PM)Phya Wrote:  Tisha, would it be possible for you to shed some light on what putatives Androstanone has been released under?

Well I ain't Tisha, but I'm betting that P75 is at least one of them.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
01-24-2010 3:00 PM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

01-24-2010 3:36 PM

Hmmm I cant say but if I had a prize Mark would win it LOL

I will say they do release the same molecule under different numbers. Makes for more accurate testing so there is more then one P number. They can deny this all they want but I know it due to some slip ups that were Pmed to me in the past from Jas when we were discusing various molecules and certain peoples testing results.

Tisha
01-24-2010 3:36 PM

mark-in-dallas
Administrator

01-24-2010 3:55 PM

(01-24-2010 3:36 PM)Tisha Wrote:  I will say they do release the same molecule under different numbers. Makes for more accurate testing so there is more then one P number.

And more sales! 

But yeah, I can't think of the numbers off hand, but I remember at least one of the T series (TAC or TAF, I think) was sold as 2 different Putatives, one at like 2.5 mcg's per spray and the other at I think 12.5 mcg's per spray.

I could probably go find one of those threads at pherotalk, but I just don't have any interest in wandering over there.  Maybe someone else remembers, Tisha?

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....
01-24-2010 3:55 PM
Gegogi
Yikes! Cupcakes 'n Bondage

Rep Post

01-24-2010 5:26 PM

I've gone through a couple bottles of androstanone and found it a useful molecule. Like Dianne mentioned it has many of the benefits of androstenone but few of the gotchas. They even smell similar although androstanone is mellower and less pissy. I actually prefer androstanone mixed with androstenone, not as a standalone. I find some of the nasty/negative qualities of androstenone endearing but androstanone adds a little buffering and dimension to the mix.

I've been out of it for many months. Maybe I'll hit it again. I had so many P-series to play with (most of which did little to nothing for me) I forgot about my old plaything.

Ah don't wanna pickle...just wanna ride mah motosickle! Twisted
01-24-2010 5:26 PM

Share This Thread