Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Economic Recovery? NOT!
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Economic Recovery? NOT!
11-08-2011 8:21 AM

The following are 19 statistics are pretty good proof that the economy is not recovering, the recession is not over, our government has been lying to us, AGAIN, and the only reason we're not seeing the soup and bread lines of the early 30's is because the government found ways to hide how bad things are, with welfare and food stamp programs.

OWS is just the beginning!

#1 According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the percentage of "very poor" rose in 300 out of the 360 largest metropolitan areas during 2010.

#2 Last year, 2.6 million more Americans descended into poverty. That was the largest increase that we have seen since the U.S. government began keeping statistics on this back in 1959.

#3 It isn't just the ranks of the "very poor" that are rising. The number of those just considered to be "poor" is rapidly increasing as well. Back in the year 2000, 11.3% of all Americans were living in poverty. Today, 15.1% of all Americans are living in poverty.

#4 The poverty rate for children living in the United States increased to 22% in 2010.

#5 There are 314 counties in the United States where at least 30% of the children are facing food insecurity.

#6 In Washington D.C., the "child food insecurity rate" is 32.3%.

#7 More than 20 million U.S. children rely on school meal programs to keep from going hungry.

#8 One out of every six elderly Americans now lives below the federal poverty line.

#9 Today, there are over 45 million Americans on food stamps.

#10 According to the Wall Street Journal, nearly 15 percent of all Americans are now on food stamps.

#11 In 2010, 42 percent of all single mothers in the United States were on food stamps.

#12 The number of Americans on food stamps has increased 74% since 2007.

#13 We are told that the economy is recovering, but the number of Americans on food stamps has grown by another 8 percent over the past year.

#14 Right now, one out of every four American children is on food stamps.

#15 It is being projected that approximately 50 percent of all U.S. children will be on food stamps at some point in their lives before they reach the age of 18.

#16 More than 50 million Americans are now on Medicaid. Back in 1965, only one out of every 50 Americans was on Medicaid. Today, approximately one out of every 6 Americans is on Medicaid.

#17 One out of every six Americans is now enrolled in at least one government anti-poverty program.

#18 The number of Americans that are going to food pantries and soup kitchens has increased by 46% since 2006.

#19 It is estimated that up to half a million children may currently be homeless in the United States.

Sadly, we don't hear much about this on the nightly news, do we?

A Republic only works when there are honest politicians at the helm, which we haven't had many of in the last century!

25% of our children living on Foodstamp and projections that 1/2 of all kids will depend on them at some point before the age of 18?

I hope these kids grow up deciding to take back the U.S. and restore it to the great nation that the framers of our Constitution evnvisioned, instead of the rotting sink hole that our generation and the one before us is leaving for them!

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
11-08-2011 8:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Rep Post

RE: Economic Recovery? NOT!
11-09-2011 7:44 AM

The Tide Is Turning - by Roger Waters, one of the founders of Pink Floyd.

The OWS movement explained in a nutshell, and one of the biggest causes of our FAILED economy.

11-09-2011 7:44 AM
Onedzguy
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

11-09-2011 6:08 PM

Let me guess; the DOW took a big hit again?

ODG
11-09-2011 6:08 PM
PheroDemon
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

11-09-2011 9:31 PM

what does OWS stand for? Do you think Occupy wallstreet is having any good effect. There are a bunch of tents pitched on the side of my local community campus, but it seems for the most part they are seen no differently than any bum on the streets observing passerby's reactions.

FYI, I pulled cash out of my Wells Fargo account and a note said that I would not be charged for atm card fees as I was using the local teller. This had to do with the banks deciding to charge more fees for using cards and such, well at least that didn't go down and I'm happy for it. Not sure if Bank of America decided to not do it.
11-09-2011 9:31 PM
jla734
jla734

Sex: Female

Rep Post

11-10-2011 2:36 PM

(11-08-2011 8:21 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  The following are 19 statistics are pretty good proof that the economy is not recovering, the recession is not over, our government has been lying to us, AGAIN, and the only reason we're not seeing the soup and bread lines of the early 30's is because the government found ways to hide how bad things are, with welfare and food stamp programs.

OWS is just the beginning!

#1 According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the percentage of "very poor" rose in 300 out of the 360 largest metropolitan areas during 2010.

#2 Last year, 2.6 million more Americans descended into poverty. That was the largest increase that we have seen since the U.S. government began keeping statistics on this back in 1959.

#3 It isn't just the ranks of the "very poor" that are rising. The number of those just considered to be "poor" is rapidly increasing as well. Back in the year 2000, 11.3% of all Americans were living in poverty. Today, 15.1% of all Americans are living in poverty.

#4 The poverty rate for children living in the United States increased to 22% in 2010.

#5 There are 314 counties in the United States where at least 30% of the children are facing food insecurity.

#6 In Washington D.C., the "child food insecurity rate" is 32.3%.

#7 More than 20 million U.S. children rely on school meal programs to keep from going hungry.

#8 One out of every six elderly Americans now lives below the federal poverty line.

#9 Today, there are over 45 million Americans on food stamps.

#10 According to the Wall Street Journal, nearly 15 percent of all Americans are now on food stamps.

#11 In 2010, 42 percent of all single mothers in the United States were on food stamps.

#12 The number of Americans on food stamps has increased 74% since 2007.

#13 We are told that the economy is recovering, but the number of Americans on food stamps has grown by another 8 percent over the past year.

#14 Right now, one out of every four American children is on food stamps.

#15 It is being projected that approximately 50 percent of all U.S. children will be on food stamps at some point in their lives before they reach the age of 18.

#16 More than 50 million Americans are now on Medicaid. Back in 1965, only one out of every 50 Americans was on Medicaid. Today, approximately one out of every 6 Americans is on Medicaid.

#17 One out of every six Americans is now enrolled in at least one government anti-poverty program.

#18 The number of Americans that are going to food pantries and soup kitchens has increased by 46% since 2006.

#19 It is estimated that up to half a million children may currently be homeless in the United States.

Sadly, we don't hear much about this on the nightly news, do we?

A Republic only works when there are honest politicians at the helm, which we haven't had many of in the last century!

25% of our children living on Foodstamp and projections that 1/2 of all kids will depend on them at some point before the age of 18?

I hope these kids grow up deciding to take back the U.S. and restore it to the great nation that the framers of our Constitution evnvisioned, instead of the rotting sink hole that our generation and the one before us is leaving for them!
You think thats all bad its WORSE. You should go on to a military base sometime and see how many of our service people are on foodstamps.The wonderful goverment is also talking of removing benefits PROMISED to our military.My entire family is military and this reeks.
11-10-2011 2:36 PM

jla734
jla734

Rep Post

11-10-2011 2:46 PM

(11-09-2011 9:31 PM)PheroDemon Wrote:  what does OWS stand for? Do you think Occupy wallstreet is having any good effect. There are a bunch of tents pitched on the side of my local community campus, but it seems for the most part they are seen no differently than any bum on the streets observing passerby's reactions.

FYI, I pulled cash out of my Wells Fargo account and a note said that I would not be charged for atm card fees as I was using the local teller. This had to do with the banks deciding to charge more fees for using cards and such, well at least that didn't go down and I'm happy for it. Not sure if Bank of America decided to not do it.
After all the media attention Bank of America decided NOT to charge the 5 fee.Now if only they would stop trying to foreclose on homes they do NOT own maybe people wouldnt be so enraged with them.Also robosigning is illegal.Google BOA and wrongful foreclosure what comes up will make you sick There is even a vid on youtube about a couple that paid csh outright for their home and BOA tried to take it. The couple had their lawyer send a letter to the BOA and they ignored said letter and still tied to foreclose. They have a habit of ignoring lawyers letters. Finally the couple foreclosed on their "local"bank of America. The vid is sad it should never come to this. If I broke into someones house that I did NOT own and tried to lock the family out and even backed a truck up to TAKE the owners things left in the house I would go to jail!!!!You cant foreclose on a home you do NOW own.HOW are they getting away with this????!!!!!
11-10-2011 2:46 PM
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Rep Post

11-10-2011 5:24 PM

I saw that video and loved it! The banks have got their day of reasoning coming though, Massachussetts Supreme Court just ruled that in all of the illegal foreclosures the banks did not have the right to resell the homes, and those people that bought them did not actually own the homes, because the bank had no title right to sell.'

It will be interesting to see where it goes!

11-10-2011 5:24 PM
jla734
jla734

Rep Post

11-10-2011 6:27 PM

(11-10-2011 5:24 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  I saw that video and loved it! The banks have got their day of reasoning coming though, Massachussetts Supreme Court just ruled that in all of the illegal foreclosures the banks did not have the right to resell the homes, and those people that bought them did not actually own the homes, becaus the bank had no title right to sell.'

hr]
(11-10-2011 5:24 PM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  I saw that video and loved it! The banks have got their day of reasoning coming though, Massachussetts Supreme Court just ruled that in all of the illegal foreclosures the banks did not have the right to resell the homes, and those people that bought them did not actually own the homes, becaus the bank had no title right to sell.'

Its a huge mess all the way around. I also feel badly for the people that bought the homes. The goverment should have kept out of this they have created a bigger mess.The banks are also sitting on the money given them. There are thousands of people complaining about how the banks keep claiming they have "lost"people paperwork to get loan mods. Same story over and over people keep resending the same paperwork and the banks state they NEVER received it. Its really bad when they ignore the lawyers that are trying to help.How would you feel if the bank modified your loan then applied it to the WRONG account which your lawyer sent a letter proving proof.The bank admits they made a mistake but then kick you out of the making home affordable program for their mistake?This is the kind of crap being pulled all over the country. People are having their homes stolen from them. It makes me sick.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2011 6:30 PM by jla734.)
11-10-2011 6:27 PM
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Rep Post

11-11-2011 7:12 AM

I bank with a little 1 branch bank that didn't accept a penny in bailout money, treats their customers like gold, and banks legitimately, by not lending money to prople they knew couldn't pay it back!

I opened my acount with them 8 years ago with $200 cash and a $1,250 out of state check, and $1,450 was in my account and available the next day! No standard 11 business day hold, no screwing around with my money, it was just there!

Since then I have deposited international checks, temporary out of state checks, etc. and they have never held anything.

I opened an account with Capitol One for convenience awhile back and well beyond the 30 day new account period that banks have to place long and unreasonable holds on funds they put an 11 day hold on a $1,000 check drawn on a local bank 2 blocks away, AFTER THE CHECK HAD ALREADY CLEARED! Then they tried to claim the hold was placed because they had reason to believe the check was no good. Again, this was AFTER the check had cleared the paying bank!

But, if you think bank thievery is bad, that's nothing, if the any of the claims made in this video are even partially true:

The video won't embed, but you can view it here.

11-11-2011 7:12 AM
Alpha Dream - Banned
Banned

11-11-2011 8:58 PM

From what I have been seeing the past year, I believe the economy is improving in some ways. Commercial spending and investments are up from a year ago, but personal expenditures are flat or falling slightly... Which tells me some businesses are starting to invest more, while personal incomes are flatlined... It indicates the wealth inequality between corporations and individuals...

Also, I am seeing greater investments from foreign companies, especially in Asia, while in the USA it is only slightly better than a year ago... I am also seeing more desperation amongst those who have entrepreneurial spirit... They have a dream, but have no money to start it... Which is a tragedy in of itself...

I believe that companies, especially in the US are hoarding cash while starving their employees of revenue... I believe that growing economies, such as in China, companies have so much money on hand that they can finally overcome their cultural tendency of being so incredibly cheap, and are starting to invest in quality products for their consumers. This is not good news for the US by the way.

I am planning to hire 2 employees within the next year. A first for me, to be an employer, however when that does happen I plan to treat those employees very well, out of human decency.

If I ever were to become wealthy some day, I would redistribute the wealth within this country, and would pay employees well and give them health insurance, for god's sakes.. Once you achieve a certain level of success, it is your obligation as a human to return most of it, and live comfortably but not excessively.

These fat wall street pigs are nothing more than drug addicts. Make no mistake, money is a drug, probably the most powerful of all drugs, and these guys are hopelessly addicted. For them, it's a game... Like monopoly... Let's see who can amass the most money in the shortest period of time. And like most addicts, they leave a massive wave of destruction in their wake. They are clueless of the suffering they cause in their relentless pursuit of profit... They will live rich but will die the most (morally and spiritually) bankrupt men on earth...

I would be absolutely terrified to be one of these men as their end approaches, and judgement is shortly to follow...

As for me, I grew up poor. I know what poverty is like... It really, really sucks -- and I will try my best throughout my life to prevent the tragedy of poverty as much as I can -- at least in the United States...

Just one man's opinion....

Chris @ alpha
11-11-2011 8:58 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Tongue Economic Recovery mark-in-dallas 2 2,636 11-30-2013 6:49 AM
Last Post: Liquid_Mind
  Recovery is male dominated - 'providers rejoice' Pheroquirk 0 1,368 04-03-2012 1:55 PM
Last Post: Pheroquirk