Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Economic Recovery? NOT!
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Sex: Male

Rep Post

RE: Economic Recovery? NOT!
11-12-2011 2:56 AM

I have noticed an on again off again trend among commercial interests and the general public. I have only had one individual contract us to build a website for a new idea this year, whereas years past that was around 25% of our business. I have had maybe 3 good months this year, with months of nothing in between. My business phone hasn't rang in weeks and it's been almost 3 months since I picked up a new account.

If it wasn't for my largest account, which is a billion dollar family owned corporation that treats its customers and contractors like gold, I would have probably shut down my business.

In 2007 we did around $250,000, in 2008 we did $89,000, and it has only gone down from there.

Being in the web design industry really gives me a good feeler for the econimic temperment, because businesses and private individuals tend to cut spending when money is tight and their worried about the economy, and are MUCH more willing to spend money on new ideas or growing their business when funds are a little more readily available.

For the last 2 years while the government has been telling us things are getting better, I've seen a lot of tapping the toes in the water, then turning and running, and very little diving in the water.

But, if the government told us the truth, that they got on bed with bankers and big business, and that they'd fucked up the ecomony beyond recovery, there would be hangings in the street, so they keep feeding us enough to keep us hopeful and happy, until the bubble bursts and we drag their sorry asses to the gallows, kicking and screaming the entire way!

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
11-12-2011 2:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alpha Dream - Banned
Banned

11-12-2011 1:49 PM

Mark, give me a call sometime....
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2011 3:10 PM by Alpha Dream.)
11-12-2011 1:49 PM
Alpha Dream - Banned
Banned

11-12-2011 2:02 PM

I've been pretty much obsessively studying topics of economics, resource depletion, and energy technology for the past 5 years. So please read this through before writing me off crazy...

------"¢--------"¢--------"¢-----

The economy IS going to recover back to 2007 levels... Eventually... The current estimate by world economists is 5 years if Washington takes some real steps... Since Obama is a total puss, that wont happen. 

Given no more stimulus, More austerity, and withdrawal from the middle east, and considering we just ride it out, 7 years from now we will be back up to 2007 levels, in 2018... The lost decade... But if you can survive that long, things will be good again.. Until: 2021...

In 2021 peak oil hits and if we have no new sustainable energy technologies, then well be right back in the shit again.. Only this time, were talking about martial law.. Were talking about a collapse in international trade, massive food and water shortages across the world, an economic depression the likes of which we cannot conceive.

I am soooo fucking pissed off at Obama for falling through on green energy - its not some hippie bullshit, and it can actually save us from the world oil crunch in 2021 and from the catastrophic energy shortage which would soon follow. 

Point is, if our leaders put partisanship aside and got to work on this stuff NOW, we will have a very bright future in 5-6 years - all the way to 2040 (when copper and other resources are depleted) If congress and the president does nothing, well... "It will be bad" is the understatement of the century..

How many of you think Washington will make the right choices in these critical times? Or will these lemmings hold hands and sing "god bless America" until the 2021 catastrophe unfolds? What do you think?

I've been pretty much obsessively studying topics of economics, resource depletion, and energy technology for the past 5 years. And the answer is so simple: thorium reactors -- safe nuclear energy with no chance of a meltdown or hazard to human health.. The world has enough easily recoverable thorium to power the entire world for thousands of years. Zero risk of a meltdown.

So long as we continue to run on fossil fuels (natural gas included) we are on a crash course with catastrophe in 20 years. However, I feel nothing will change since the oil industry has bought and paid for the congress a long, long time ago.

We need to have massive, massive rallies to get this point across. Otherwise, these crooked politicians will ride the gravy train straight over the cliff, taking America with it.

Check out this video... Mike Ruppert (one of my favorite geniuses) discusses the course of event to follow if we don't act on this, and very, very soon..  

Spread this around people to other forums and message boards, if you care (at all) about your future.

Chris @ Alpha
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2011 7:01 PM by Alpha Dream.)
11-12-2011 2:02 PM
Alpha Dream - Banned
Banned

11-12-2011 3:03 PM

/\ ________^^/\^^_________ /\
/ \________ BUMP _________/ \
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2011 3:09 PM by Alpha Dream.)
11-12-2011 3:03 PM
Pheroquirk
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

11-18-2011 6:50 PM

(11-12-2011 2:02 PM)Alpha Dream Wrote:  I've been pretty much obsessively studying topics of economics, resource depletion, and energy technology for the past 5 years. So please read this through before writing me off crazy...

------"¢--------"¢--------"¢-----

The economy IS going to recover back to 2007 levels... Eventually... The current estimate by world economists is 5 years if Washington takes some real steps... Since Obama is a total puss, that wont happen. 

Given no more stimulus, More austerity, and withdrawal from the middle east, and considering we just ride it out, 7 years from now we will be back up to 2007 levels, in 2018... The lost decade... But if you can survive that long, things will be good again.. Until: 2021...

In 2021 peak oil hits and if we have no new sustainable energy technologies, then well be right back in the shit again.. Only this time, were talking about martial law.. Were talking about a collapse in international trade, massive food and water shortages across the world, an economic depression the likes of which we cannot conceive.

I am soooo fucking pissed off at Obama for falling through on green energy - its not some hippie bullshit, and it can actually save us from the world oil crunch in 2021 and from the catastrophic energy shortage which would soon follow. 

Point is, if our leaders put partisanship aside and got to work on this stuff NOW, we will have a very bright future in 5-6 years - all the way to 2040 (when copper and other resources are depleted) If congress and the president does nothing, well... "It will be bad" is the understatement of the century..

How many of you think Washington will make the right choices in these critical times? Or will these lemmings hold hands and sing "god bless America" until the 2021 catastrophe unfolds? What do you think?

I've been pretty much obsessively studying topics of economics, resource depletion, and energy technology for the past 5 years. And the answer is so simple: thorium reactors -- safe nuclear energy with no chance of a meltdown or hazard to human health.. The world has enough easily recoverable thorium to power the entire world for thousands of years. Zero risk of a meltdown.

So long as we continue to run on fossil fuels (natural gas included) we are on a crash course with catastrophe in 20 years. However, I feel nothing will change since the oil industry has bought and paid for the congress a long, long time ago.

We need to have massive, massive rallies to get this point across. Otherwise, these crooked politicians will ride the gravy train straight over the cliff, taking America with it.

Check out this video... Mike Ruppert (one of my favorite geniuses) discusses the course of event to follow if we don't act on this, and very, very soon..  

Spread this around people to other forums and message boards, if you care (at all) about your future.

Chris @ Alpha

According to Medley - a respected investment thinktank - sources of domestic crude production (especially from shale oil) will be 3mm barrels/day higher by 2016ish. The US only imports 10mm odd barrels a day.

Energy might become more of a problem if the world starts to get very _cold_. Beyond the question of the regular operation of the PDO (pacific decadal oscillation) and associated ocean cycles, there is the possibility that we may be early in a Dalton- or Maunder- style extended solar minimum, which could lead to it getting very cold indeed over the next couple of decades, leading to quite some pressure on heating costs.

As I understand it the question with many green energy projects is EROIE (energy returned on energy invested) - a criterion by which many do not make tremendous sense, putting aside the financial questions.
11-18-2011 6:50 PM

Pheroquirk
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

12-05-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:With the economy at home showing no signs of improving, an increasing number of recent graduates from the United States are job-hunting in India. Eager for the talent, Indian companies have responded by setting up recruiting programs overseas. While the pay in India is usually much lower than a graduate would earn in America, a lower cost of living can mean a better quality of life. "The chance to travel the world and live in a colorful Asian democracy far outweighs salary considerations when you have just graduated," Mr. Bennet.
When Snapdeal's team spread the word that they were planning a U.S. recruiting trip, they were surprised by the response: more than 2,000 resumes, 30 percent of them from people who were not of Indian descent. For many non-Indians, Mr. Bahl said, "It's not that they are not getting jobs there, but they are not getting the jobs they want." So young American graduates "would rather come to India with all the resources available and get to do exciting things," he said. He plans to return in the spring for another recruiting drive.
12-05-2011 10:15 PM
mark-in-dallas
Nobody at all

Rep Post

12-06-2011 7:32 AM

Sad! Indains and Pakistani's used to migrite to the U.S. for a better life, now our youth are migriting there.

The older I get the less threatening a life sentence sounds

Sympathy for the Devil only results in victimized angels.
12-06-2011 7:32 AM
Pheroquirk
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

12-06-2011 9:16 AM

(12-06-2011 7:32 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  Sad! Indains and Pakistani's used to migrite to the U.S. for a better life, now our youth are migriting there.

Indians are still migrating to the US (I don't follow Pakistan as much) - if anything it is easier in the age of the internet to be informed about the best way to do so. The US is still the dominant economic power; it's just the others are not quite as impoverished in relative terms as before.
12-06-2011 9:16 AM
2000GT
Formerly Photogeek

Rep Post

12-06-2011 9:26 PM

(12-06-2011 7:32 AM)mark-in-dallas Wrote:  Sad! Indains and Pakistani's used to migrite to the U.S. for a better life, now our youth are migriting there.

I'd head over there if I could...of course that's mainly due to my obsession with the culture and the women Smile

As for the original topic, ehhh, there are many theories as to HOW the US will collapse, which one is the right one, who knows, but it will collapse, either by the crushing debt/refusal for investors to lend more money, or by resource depletion. Given how ineffective our government is in effecting proper change, It's looking very likely that we're heading for a dark future. Undecided

Economically speaking, I haven't been hit hard like so many folks, but work has definitely slowed down. This is part of the reason why I haven't really reported on anything, I'm flat ass broke at the moment.

PXS: xs99, pse, impact, oddessy, connections, Impact, Ascend, Dominant Ascend
LAL: Bad Wolf, Wolf, Voodoo
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2011 9:29 PM by 2000GT.)
12-06-2011 9:26 PM
Fishdude

Rep Post

12-06-2011 10:01 PM

This economy is a hedge funds dream, and day traders too. There need to be put inplace more restictions. I met this guy a few days ago who works for a major bank and is a "high frequency trader" uses programs to help trade 10s of thousands of trades per day in currencies etc. Banks are already making enough off us in sur charges.

Oh and I have to pay paypal $US45 for my stay in a hotel , total cost hotel is $US1000 but still

$45??

pAY pAL??? i LOVE IRONY
12-06-2011 10:01 PM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Tongue Economic Recovery mark-in-dallas 2 2,637 11-30-2013 6:49 AM
Last Post: Liquid_Mind
  Recovery is male dominated - 'providers rejoice' Pheroquirk 0 1,370 04-03-2012 1:55 PM
Last Post: Pheroquirk