Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Economic Recovery
mark-in-dallas
Administrator

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 1266
Thanks received:
3343 thanks in 1418 posts

Tongue Economic Recovery
02-18-2010 7:54 AM

It is a slow day in the small Minnesota town of Marshall , and streets are deserted. Times are tough, everybody is in debt, and everybody is living on credit.

A rich tourist visiting the area drives through town, stops at the motel, and lays a $100 bill on the desk saying he wants to inspect the rooms upstairs to pick one for the night.

As soon as he walks upstairs, the motel owner grabs the bill and runs next door to pay his debt to the butcher.

The butcher takes the $100 and runs down the street to retire his debt to the pig farmer.

The pig farmer takes the $100 and heads off to pay his bill to his supplier, the Farmer's Co-op.

The guy at the Farmer's Co-op takes the $100 and runs to pay his debt to the local prostitute, who has also been facing hard times and has had to offer her "services" on credit.

The hooker rushes to the hotel and pays off her room bill with the hotel owner.

The hotel proprietor then places the $100 back on the counter so the rich traveler will not suspect anything.

At that moment the traveler comes down the stairs, states that the rooms are not satisfactory, picks up the $100 bill and leaves town.

No one produced anything. No one earned anything... However, the whole town is now out of debt and now looks to the future with a lot more optimism.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how the United States government is conducting business today.

Nobody changes until the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of change....

A guilty conscience can be more cruel a judge than any court of law. In the end its not how many toys we had, and all that we ever were are the impressions we left on those we leave behind, so live your life as you'd want to be remembered when you're gone!
02-18-2010 7:54 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

stefdude
Contributes Regularly

Sex:

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 64
Thanks received:
74 thanks in 53 posts

RE: Economic Recovery
11-30-2013 3:15 AM

I suspect that someone with economics knowledge can find a flaw in this story but it's true that money is disconnected from production and/or gold stock.

I gave another example in a conversation I had with some friends in economics.They say that capitalism has it's problems but we haven't found a better system.I say that the population is not too much for the planet to feed everyone.But the production has slowed down very much, including the primary sector (The farmer farms less etc).So the economic system has reduced the mobility on the market and production.I can't post the whole conversation here but I somehow the debts are deleted and the production restarts then everyone will have the basics and everyone could work.

Alpha Dreams:L2k v1 (Leather & Steel), Corporativo, Certo (sample)
PheromoneXS:Taboo, Evolve Oil, Cohesion, Xist (sample), Ascend (sample)
Liquid Alchemy Labs:Nude Alpha, Androstadienone, Wolf (sample)
Thundr:Core (Fury)
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2013 3:16 AM by stefdude.)
11-30-2013 3:15 AM
Liquid_Mind
King of my World

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 307
Thanks received:
722 thanks in 333 posts

RE: Economic Recovery
11-30-2013 5:49 AM

Not one person on the planet can fix the economy. It is not an objective thing. People have many different view points on it - austrian and keynesian economics for example.

It is also something that is very hard to understand. You can't just pop a pill and solve it. There is no secret trick to it. It will take a long time and it will have to be done day by day.

The only thing an average person can do is make sure they look after their finances and watch what they spend.

In my personal opinion however I feel the economy will just turn into turmoil in the future.

LM

My Journey - http://pherotruth.com/Thread-The-Journey...o-To-Alpha

Stay consistent MOFOS
11-30-2013 5:49 AM

Share This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Recovery is male dominated - 'providers rejoice' Pheroquirk 0 282 04-03-2012 12:55 PM
Last Post: Pheroquirk
  Economic Recovery? NOT! mark-in-dallas 19 1,302 12-06-2011 9:01 PM
Last Post: Fishdude