Hello There, Guest! Register

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DHEA
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 148
Thanks received:
229 thanks in 164 posts

DHEA
07-09-2010 7:04 AM

DHEA has been in the news a lot so some people are familiar with it or at least recognize the name. Its not classified as a pheromone which of course doesn't mean its not. There are less then a handful of hormones that science actually classifies as have possible pheromone type responses. Obviously pheromone users are jumping ahead of science though LOL

So if DHEA does in fact act as a pheromone, what's it do ?

Studies of DHEA (in the body) indicate they have a positive effect on a persons feeling of well being and sexuality. Particularly in women. My definition of well being is feeling happy joyful contented at ease with ones self. So its safe to say that if DHEA acts pheremonally it could bring about these feelings.

Its been shown that women who suffer depression, diminished feelings of sexuality and lack of well being have low levels of DHEA.

A friend of mine gave me a sample of DHEA that she purchases and mixed directly from a lab. She didnt tell me what it was though LOL. I have been testing it off and on over the last few weeks.

I gotta say I would have sworn it was TAA without the neroli. I noticed increased ease, positivity and better all round moods with it. I also noticed people hovering around me like bee's. I also noticed this effect when she was wearing it at a few social functions we attended together.

I have been reading up on this one and I will share some of the studies I ran across in the study section of the forum. They dont pertain to DHEA as a pheromone but they can help us get a better understanding of it since its becoming more popular in the pheromone world.

So has anyone else tried testing DHEA in (not in a mix) ?

On just a side note....... If your interested in DHEA its sold already diluted by few dealers.

Liquid Alchemy has it. Alpha dream, Paradise 7.

Love potions has a few formulas that contain it that are good to.

Of course Androtics has TAA and while we may never know if that is DHEA or not the effects are very similar. IMO

Tisha
07-09-2010 7:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Thanks given by esmeralda, SteveO, dbot, Fly So Hi

esmeralda
The Phero Faerie

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 136
Thanks received:
78 thanks in 53 posts

RE: DHEA
07-09-2010 11:00 AM

Awesome post Tisha!

My next purchase is going to be DHEA. I was wondering did your friend tell you how much mcg was in it though?
07-09-2010 11:00 AM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks received:
229 thanks in 164 posts

07-09-2010 11:33 AM

Yep My bottle 1000 mcg in a 5 ml bottle so it breaks down to about 25 mcgs per spray. I started out using 1/2 sprays which was effective.

I am going to throw some hints at my friend and see if she will part with more LOL If not I will buy it in raw form myself from Steraloids. I have used them before and they are good. Not far from me either so I could always set up a little field trip to Rhode Island LOL

Tish
07-09-2010 11:33 AM
Thanks given by esmeralda
esmeralda
The Phero Faerie

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 136
Thanks received:
78 thanks in 53 posts

07-09-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:I am going to throw some hints at my friend and see if she will part with more LOL If not I will buy it in raw form myself from Steraloids. I have used them before and they are good. Not far from me either so I could always set up a little field trip to Rhode Island LOL

I looked at their website, aaaaaah lol! Wacko So complicated!

If they only had a cart system and the names of the molecules available with out having me to search them. It's okay though I'll get mine from LAL since I've never had any problems with them.
07-09-2010 12:03 PM
JAYCEE
Serious Poster

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 252
Thanks received:
416 thanks in 207 posts

07-11-2010 11:27 AM

Can this also be worn by men?
07-11-2010 11:27 AM

Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks received:
229 thanks in 164 posts

07-11-2010 7:03 PM

Yes its a prohormone produced in both men and women. Produced in the adrenal glands. Supposed to promote increased memory and youth. (in supplement forum) Not a lot of reliable testing on it as a pheromone by science but I would list it right up there with the main putatives we use like Androstanone Alpha Androstenol Beta Androstenol etc etc...........

On a side note........They report of at the phero library at Love Scent that to increase your natural pheromones taking DHA Zinc and Tribulus is good.

I think AD may have it soon. I stumbled on a back door page

I am not quite sure

It could be old but I doubt it, I think they just haven't released it yet. I am probably letting the cat out of the bag but they come up on top on google so it was right there. If they do it will be fantastic

Now JVKohl wrote about it and he felt (at least at the time of publishing) that it was unlikely to be a pheromone. However even if its not this doesn't mean it wont trigger a feeling. It just means its not something we normally secrete enough of to be naturally pheromonal.

Winnifred Cuttler is doing studies on it and I suspect she uses it in Athena

If your a pheromone enthusiast its worth having in your arsenal.

Tisha
07-11-2010 7:03 PM
ariadne
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
26 thanks in 19 posts

07-13-2010 5:59 PM

Tisha, have you noticed DHEA having a short lifespan like TAA? My experience with TAA was that it was gone within about 20 minutes.
07-13-2010 5:59 PM
ariadne
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
26 thanks in 19 posts

07-13-2010 6:12 PM

(07-09-2010 7:04 AM)Tisha Wrote:  So has anyone else tried testing DHEA in (not in a mix) ?

I have never tried DHEA alone. The only mix from Love Potions that I have tried that contained it was Intellectual Woman (in the form of La Vie de Boheme - Femme) and I *loved* that mix (and the scent. I wish they would bring it back!)

Aside from the differences in chemical properties, what is the purported difference in results between androsterone, epiandrosterone, and DHEA? Like I mentioned in my Heart & Soul offer thread, either the androsterone or the epiandrosterone did not agree with me, yet I had no problems with the DHEA in IW.
07-13-2010 6:12 PM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks received:
229 thanks in 164 posts

07-15-2010 3:20 AM

Hi ariadne,

For me, I dont find TAA to have a short lifespan. Instant Shine or TAA usually lasts me about 5 hours before I need to reapply. DHEA I need to play with more but I would say its around 4 hours.

Quote:what is the purported difference in results between androsterone, epiandrosterone, and DHEA?

Well arone is the peaceful alpha male vibe. I get a male feeling when wearing it. This could be because I know its a male pheromone though. Frankly if I use arone on its own I dont like the feeling nor do I get hits. I usually get a ghost effect or a avoidance effect. In a well balanced mix I do ok but if the mix is arone heavy like A314 or IG I seem to get that same out of sorts masculine feeling.

epiandrosterone I have not really researched much yet and have not tried other in mixes over at LP.

DHEA I find to be more comfortable. It doesnt have a gender feeling to it. Its sort of inviting, energtic and warm.

Tisha
07-15-2010 3:20 AM

JAYCEE
Serious Poster

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 252
Thanks received:
416 thanks in 207 posts

08-14-2010 7:42 PM

Would taking the oral supplements give a pheromone-like effect?
08-14-2010 7:42 PM

Share This Thread