Hello There, Guest! Register

Or login with , or

1 user browsing this thread: (0 members, and 1 guest).

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DHEA
Tisha
Inactive Account

Sex: Female

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 148
Thanks received:
213 thanks in 160 posts

RE: DHEA
08-15-2010 5:48 AM

I dont know for sure Jaycee.

From what I know of DHEA its essential for the body and flows throughout our entire system. It converts to other hormones that you lack so for instance if you were low in testosterone it could convert to that so I assume taking them orally would improve pheromone output if your natural output is lacking already.

I know that levels start to decline after the age of about 30 and this supposedly contributes to aging.

You have to be careful who you buy them from. I know they did tests on certain companies to see if as much DHEA was in the product as they were claiming and found the dosages way below the claims on the label's This is something you need to watch in all supplements though as well as purity.

These stores passed

Tisha
08-15-2010 5:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SteveO
Vendor

Sex: Male

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 951
Thanks received:
1025 thanks in 336 posts

08-23-2010 8:46 AM

I have some DHEA and it reminds me quite a bit like TAA too. Also I think it might be an offshoot of P81 as well. Been doing some personal studies using molecules from other vendors and DHEA is one that I picked up at 50 mcg. Pretty sure, and I will need to go back and check some notes, that it definitely reminded me of TAA too. Pretty sure about P81 relationship too.

I used to ask about molecules, but...

Be Happy and laugh often
Steve O
enthusiast, hobbyist, founder.

I want to provide you with the very best customer experience I can. As such, I don't check PM's very often. Please send me an email which will find me wherever I am:
08-23-2010 8:46 AM
Thanks given by dbot
ariadne
Contributes Regularly

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 33
Thanks received:
25 thanks in 19 posts

08-23-2010 6:09 PM

(08-23-2010 8:46 AM)SteveO Wrote:  I used to ask about molecules, but...

So even you don't know what's what as far as the experimones and putatives go, Steve?
08-23-2010 6:09 PM

Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks received:
213 thanks in 160 posts

08-24-2010 4:29 AM

(08-23-2010 8:46 AM)SteveO Wrote:  I have some DHEA and it reminds me quite a bit like TAA too. Also I think it might be an offshoot of P81 as well. Been doing some personal studies using molecules from other vendors and DHEA is one that I picked up at 50 mcg. Pretty sure, and I will need to go back and check some notes, that it definitely reminded me of TAA too. Pretty sure about P81 relationship too.

I used to ask about molecules, but...

Hi There Steve, its good to see you.

I am glad to hear I am not the only one who noticed it. I will have to check out P81. I know I have some somewhere but I dont remember offhand what it did.

I love Instant Shine and TAA and its easier just to use those for me but I am relieved to have found something similar just in case LOL We all got a little nervous when things were so out of stock for a while.

Tisha
08-24-2010 4:29 AM
Thanks given by SteveO
SteveO
Vendor

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 951
Thanks received:
1025 thanks in 336 posts

08-24-2010 8:08 AM

I attempted to send you a PM but said I wasn't allowedDodgy

Be Happy and laugh often
Steve O
enthusiast, hobbyist, founder.

I want to provide you with the very best customer experience I can. As such, I don't check PM's very often. Please send me an email which will find me wherever I am:
08-24-2010 8:08 AM
Mtnjim
Curmudgen

Rep Post

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks received:
36 thanks in 26 posts

08-24-2010 11:23 AM

(08-24-2010 8:08 AM)SteveO Wrote:  I attempted to send you a PM but said I wasn't allowedDodgy

Sorry ya gotta have 5 posts before you can PM, anti SPAM measure.

To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods.
---Lazerous Long
08-24-2010 11:23 AM
jvkohl
Expert

Rep Post

Thanks received:
371 thanks in 156 posts

09-26-2010 10:05 PM

I began looking at DHEA in the early 90's, and have tried to find someone who knows more about it than I do. Can anyone tell me what the most abundantly produced hormone in humans? DHEA is considered a prohormone, as indicated below.

"A focus on adrenal hormone metabolism, rather than on gonadal hormone metabolism, with regard to pheromone production and distribution is reasonable because mammalian pheromones are largely species-specific, and humans are unique in having adrenals that secrete large amounts of the prohormone, dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and its sulfate, DHEA-S, into the bloodstream of males and females. Even non-human primates produce only ~10% of the DHEA found in humans (see Celec & Starka, 2003). The relative enzymatic activities of aromatase and other enzymes and relative levels of DHEA or its derivatives determine whether DHEA will be preferentially converted in peripheral tissues into androstenedione or androstenediol and then into potent androgens and estrogens, which is how androstenedione and androstenediol maintain a close correlation between the concentration of androgens and estrogens in the blood (Adams, 1985).
Androstenedione is the principle metabolite of DHEA. The C19 steroids, androsterone (A) and etiocholanolone (E), are the enzymatically reduced metabolites of androstenedione. Early studies noted that various characteristics of A and E are sexually dimorphic. For example, human blood concentration, metabolism, and localization of A and E are sexually dimorphic. Thus, the A/E ratio may vary between males and females.
The A/E ratio also may vary with sexual orientation."

James V. Kohl
09-26-2010 10:05 PM
Thanks given by dbot

Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks received:
213 thanks in 160 posts

09-27-2010 5:28 AM

Quote:I began looking at DHEA in the early 90's, and have tried to find someone who knows more about it than I do. Can anyone tell me what the most abundantly produced hormone in humans? DHEA is considered a prohormone, as indicated below.

HGH is the most abundant hormone produced by the human body I think. Its been a long time since I took human biology so I could be wrong and I am certainly not a scientist LOL Not saying that HGH would be a pheromone but you just asked what the most abundant hormone was.

DHEA is a a prohormone to sex steroids but its also a neurosteroid. I am not of the belief that pheromones just send sexual signals though and from using DHEA I would not say its sends out a sexual signal pheromonally. Instant Shine or TAA doesnt either both seem to send a youthful healthy uplifting signal. This is what I get when I use DHEA as well.

Tisha
09-27-2010 5:28 AM
jvkohl
Expert

Rep Post

Thanks received:
371 thanks in 156 posts

09-27-2010 9:30 AM

HGH is the most abundant hormone produced by the pituitary. Your memory is great in this regard, and you also have hit on the reason for my question. Hormones like HGH, DHEA, testosterone, estradiol, et al., are less likely to be pheromones than are their metabolites (e.g., androsterone and etiocholanolone) because hormone metabolism is a better indicator of proper bodily function (and reproductive fitness). That means it's past time for people like Winnifred Cutler and other product marketers to support their claims of active ingredients with research that reflects sex differences, and individual differences in enzymatic activity that might result in variable scent signatures. Until this begins to happen, most of the marketing I see is designed to sell products without the science.

James V. Kohl

(09-27-2010 5:28 AM)Tisha Wrote:  HGH is the most abundant hormone produced by the human body I think. Its been a long time since I took human biology so I could be wrong and I am certainly not a scientist LOL Not saying that HGH would be a pheromone but you just asked what the most abundant hormone was.

DHEA is a a prohormone to sex steroids but its also a neurosteroid. I am not of the belief that pheromones just send sexual signals though and from using DHEA I would not say its sends out a sexual signal pheromonally. Instant Shine or TAA doesnt either both seem to send a youthful healthy uplifting signal. This is what I get when I use DHEA as well.

Tisha
09-27-2010 9:30 AM
Tisha
Inactive Account

Rep Post

Thanks received:
213 thanks in 160 posts

09-27-2010 7:01 PM

Quote:That means it's past time for people like Winnifred Cutler and other product marketers to support their claims of active ingredients with research that reflects sex differences, and individual differences in enzymatic activity that might result in variable scent signatures. Until this begins to happen, most of the marketing I see is designed to sell products without the science.

I do agree its past time for people like WC to report in with support for their claims and I understand that a lot of the info out there is designed to sell. I just dont believe in the concept that because Science has not discovered, researched or published anything on a subject its not true or possible.

Do you believe that pheromones in humans are only used to communicate something about us on a sexual gender level ? I used to think that but not anymore. Its my opinion they signal much more then anyone ever realized or studied just yet. DHEA dosn't seem to signal on that level when I use it but it does seem to communicate information to others. I do understand what your saying about hormone metabolism being a better indicator though. It makes sense.

Tisha
09-27-2010 7:01 PM

Share This Thread